PDA

View Full Version : This Will Go Down . . .

TD 21
04-29-2015, 07:56 PM
As one of the most impressive series wins of the Duncan era, if they finish the job (which I'm still skeptical of, to say the least).

Consider . . .

- The state of Parker and Splitter, health wise and in the former's case, decline wise too

- Between Parker's health/decline and Ginobili's decline, the lack of a true lead play maker

- The fact that arguably 3 players have played well and 2 others decent, for a team reliant on at least 8 usually

- The insane burden Duncan is carrying

- The reality that they're hanging by a thread in most of these games

- The reality that they're clearly physically/mentally exhausted from three straight deep runs

- The sheer quality of the opposition

- The motivation of the opposition, particularly their best player, which is beyond the typical level

Horry Hipcheck
04-29-2015, 07:58 PM
Doubly impressive because they were supposed to lose in five.

apalisoc_9
04-29-2015, 07:58 PM
good post.

Uriel
04-29-2015, 07:59 PM
:lol

benefactor
04-29-2015, 08:05 PM
http://cdn.gifbay.com/2012/12/muay_thai_front_kick_ko-20461.gif

100%duncan
04-29-2015, 08:10 PM
But I thought the series ended yesterday?

coachmac87
04-29-2015, 08:10 PM
This isn't because you said it was over in 5? Sorry not sorry??

look_at_g_shred
04-29-2015, 08:15 PM
Guys leave him alone please !! He said possibly 5 :lol

TD 21
04-29-2015, 08:23 PM
This isn't because you said it was over in 5? Sorry not sorry??

It's exactly because I thought that, obviously. The fact that they're on the verge of winning this, to me, is incredible. I love how all of you are pretending you're not surprised that they're in this position given the way it's played out.

This thread isn't for that though. This is about whether you (not literally you; everyone, of course) agree with this or not and if not, why.

100%duncan
04-29-2015, 08:28 PM
Cue the "You were feeling the same but didnt have the balls to cliff-jump!"

Arcadian
04-29-2015, 08:33 PM
I agree. Game 5 in itself was one of the most epic wins in franchise history. And you made a good point that this team isn't even looking good right now, and yet they're still beating a highly motivated Clippers team. :lol I don't know what's more impressive, the Spurs pulling out victories, or the Clippers being choking faggots.

Malik Hairston
04-29-2015, 08:35 PM
It doesn't really make sense that they're winning the series when you look at it closely, tbh:lol..

Outside of Duncan, Kawhi and Mills, everybody else has been up&down or just bad..realistically, while it's encouraging that the Spurs may win this series despite these struggles, it's definitely not a sustainable winning formula in the long-term..

RD2191
04-29-2015, 08:37 PM
It doesn't really make sense that they're winning the series when you look at it closely, tbh:lol..

Outside of Duncan, Kawhi and Mills, everybody else has been up&down or just bad..realistically, while it's encouraging that the Spurs may win this series despite these struggles, it's definitely not a sustainable winning formula in the long-term..
I agree. Especially Tony Parker, tbh. I doubt the Spurs can win 3 more series on the road with statistically the worst player in the playoffs so far starting for them.

Leetonidas
04-29-2015, 08:38 PM
:cry it's over and probably in five :cry

100%duncan
04-29-2015, 08:40 PM
:cry it's over and probably in five :cry

OP should be renamed RJ 24/Turkoglu whatever number he had

spurraider21
04-29-2015, 08:48 PM
RJ 24 is perfect

FuzzyLumpkins
04-29-2015, 08:51 PM
It's so typical of, as Harlem would say, vanilla fans, with their cliche takes, to say "it's only one game" . . . and in the literal sense, it is, of course.

But you have to take everything on a case by case basis. The signs of a team that is out of gas have been abundantly clear all season, yet the vast majority have chosen to ignore them. Even during the surge from February 27th until the final game of the season, it never felt the same as not just last season, but any of the three previous this group has played together. That's because it was mostly due to Leonard playing the best all around ball in the league and willing this team to a heights they're no longer capable of collectively sustaining.

Normally in these situations ('03 Lakers, '08 Spurs, '11 Lakers, '14 Heat), when it's over for these teams, it ends ugly. It seems hard to imagine now, but think of the way those teams went down. Next to no one saw those beat downs coming, either.

The unfortunate thing about this time is, whether Duncan and Ginobili play one final season or not, it really is the end of the run. In '08, the core was still good enough; they just needed to replenish the role players. That's no longer the case.

Leetonidas
04-29-2015, 10:16 PM

RJ 24 :lmao :lmao

Horry Hipcheck
04-30-2015, 01:12 AM
It's exactly because I thought that, obviously. The fact that they're on the verge of winning this, to me, is incredible. I love how all of you are pretending you're not surprised that they're in this position given the way it's played out.

If you'd have told me, prior to Game 1, that the Spurs would be playing Game 6 with a 3-2 lead, I wouldn't have been surprised. At all.

The only "surprise" has been losing Game 4 with a chance to go up 3-1 and then winning Game 5. I thought they'd win 4, lose 5, win 6. But then again, who isn't surprised by how the playoffs pan out? I'd have been shell shocked if the Spurs had lost 4-1.

Sean Cagney
04-30-2015, 01:16 AM

Yep, imagine if they all had it going? Parker and Splitter etc. Green has been horrible as well. I agree on long term as well, if those guys don't step up soon they will find themselves out of the playoffs sooner or later and no chance at a repeat. The team is not playing well at all and they are up 3-2 against a good team, thats either just complete luck or they can really be THAT GOOD when focused and all on their game and even good when off their game.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-30-2015, 01:29 AM
Yep, imagine if they all had it going? Parker and Splitter etc. Green has been horrible as well. I agree on long term as well, if those guys don't step up soon they will find themselves out of the playoffs sooner or later and no chance at a repeat. The team is not playing well at all and they are up 3-2 against a good team, thats either just complete luck or they can really be THAT GOOD when focused and all on their game and even good when off their game.

I think we have a Mavs game 7 moment tomorrow vs the Clippers and carry that momentum into game 1 of Houston

Sean Cagney
04-30-2015, 01:31 AM
I think we have a Mavs game 7 moment tomorrow vs the Clippers and carry that momentum into game 1 of Houston

I hope so man, Houston is going to be TOUGH if the Spurs get there. They are on the road again as well so it's going to be even harder than last years run.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-30-2015, 01:40 AM
I hope so man, Houston is going to be TOUGH if the Spurs get there. They are on the road again as well so it's going to be even harder than last years run.

Houston isnt a huge concern to me, because I think Parker will play much better against the inferior point guards. We matchup way better with them. Dwight is a problem but so was griffin. However Paul is fucking torching us at PG, while we can contain Harden much better with Kawhi imo. Plus we can hack their bigs all day.

Horry Hipcheck
04-30-2015, 01:49 AM
Houston isnt a huge concern to me, because I think Parker will play much better against the inferior point guards. We matchup way better with them. Dwight is a problem but so was griffin. However Paul is fucking torching us at PG, while we can contain Harden much better with Kawhi imo. Plus we can hack their bigs all day.

Houston's bread and butter is their transition game. Fastbreak threes for Harden, Ariza; lobs to Howard. Force them into a half-court offense or an FT situation and they stagnate. IF the Spurs get there.

Robz4000
04-30-2015, 02:06 AM

Sustainable, no, but thankfully Houston will be a better match up for the Spurs with all the injuries/Enrique injuries.

apalisoc_9
04-30-2015, 02:18 AM
I'm more worried about Tiago tbh..Parker can still handle the ball and run the offense. He is still somewhat useful.

Tiago has been useless all series.

He needs to come back before playing GSW.

Robz4000
04-30-2015, 02:26 AM
I'm more worried about Tiago tbh..Parker can still handle the ball and run the offense. He is still somewhat useful.

At this point its a lost cause. Even then with this Duncan they might be ok. Hell, Pop might stick with Duncan even if Splitter is 100%.

Manu-of-steel
04-30-2015, 03:08 AM

Hopefully, the big banger could at least give Howard some hard fouls and try to irritate him.

midnightpulp
04-30-2015, 03:21 AM
Not surprised at all. I still remained (50/50) optimistic even after the disappointment in game 4. And even though Tiago is useless, and even with Parker and Green's inconsistency, the Clippers still have zero bench and look more worn out than we do at the end of games. Blake and Chris Paul pretty much need to play perfectly while getting fluke contributions from players like Crawford and Austin Rivers to have a shot. It's possible, but not probable.

Spur|n|Austin
04-30-2015, 08:58 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bSwQj.jpg

hater
04-30-2015, 09:01 AM
Series not over yet dummies

hater
04-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Oh look it's the faggot that jumped the cliff after game 1 :lmao

100%duncan
04-30-2015, 09:03 AM
Oh look it's the faggot that jumped the cliff after game 1 :lmao

Tbh :lol

Spursfanfromafar
04-30-2015, 09:06 AM
The OP - Gutless worm..worming back into the bandwagon after being an a-hole about the Spurs for too long.

Yuixafun
04-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Blake, cp3, and deandre are not better than Lebron, bosh and wade.

The Spurs anhilated the Heat so bad, Lebron James quit and took his ball home.

I had no qualms about this series, for the fact that this Spurs team has gone to hell and back,

While this Clippers team has proven nothing.

Keepin' it real
04-30-2015, 09:35 AM
As one of the most impressive series wins of the Duncan era, if they finish the job (which I'm still skeptical of, to say the least).

Consider . . .

What's impressive about hanging on by a thread? In 2001, the Lakers demolished the Spurs in the WCF by 39 and 29 points consecutively on their way to a sweep against a team with two HOF big men and a HOF coach! Now THAT was impressive.

I HATE the Lakers ... why'd you make me have to bring that up??? Pardon me while I go vomit.

Gervin44Silas13
04-30-2015, 10:27 AM
Spurs have played a total of 393 games since November 2011 till now....

Consider . . .

- The state of Parker and Splitter, health wise and in the former's case, decline wise too

- Between Parker's health/decline and Ginobili's decline, the lack of a true lead play maker

- The fact that arguably 3 players have played well and 2 others decent, for a team reliant on at least 8 usually

- The insane burden Duncan is carrying

- The reality that they're clearly physically/mentally exhausted from three straight deep runs

- The sheer quality of the opposition

- The motivation of the opposition, particularly their best player, which is beyond the typical level

UZER
04-30-2015, 10:37 AM
The spurs are pretty much playing this series with the one hand behind their back...and still have a 3-2 lead...and still won two road games in LA.

As much as it speaks to the mental fortitude, grit and heart, its also speaks volumes for the clippers inability to mentally go to the next level.

TD 21
04-30-2015, 05:01 PM
The OP - Gutless worm..worming back into the bandwagon after being an a-hole about the Spurs for too long.

Cliche, vanilla sports fan logic: If you predict the team you go for is going to lose (and back it up with sound reasoning), then that means you're off the bandwagon and are not allowed to credit them.

apalisoc_9
04-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Cliche, vanilla sports fan logic: If you predict the team you go for is going to lose (and back it up with sound reasoning), then that means you're off the bandwagon and are not allowed to credit them.

These are the spurs fans that would let the cuck TIMVP ( Predicted the spurs will lose in 4 against the grizz in 2013) blow a load on their anuses..I've never seen someone make so many wrong calls yet somehow the vanilla fans think he knows his basketball..

Everyone has bad calls here and there ..it's part of sports. But TD21>TIMVP.

TD 21
04-30-2015, 05:34 PM
These are the spurs fans that would let the cuck TIMVP ( Predicted the spurs will lose in 4 against the grizz in 2013) blow a load on their anuses..I've never seen someone make so many wrong calls yet somehow the vanilla fans think he knows his basketball..

Everyone has bad calls here and there ..it's part of sports. But TD21>TIMVP.

:lmao Worse yet, there was never any sound reasoning behind that take. The only concern going into that series was Parker's health. Once it was apparent that wasn't an issue, it became clear that the Grizzlies didn't stand a chance.

jjktkk
04-30-2015, 06:13 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bSwQj.jpg