PDA

View Full Version : We need some serious rain

SWC Bonfire
09-07-2005, 10:43 AM
I just remembered something last night...

I was re-plowing a field to get it ready to plant grass in the event that I might actually get some decent rain from this little tropical wave that is supposed to come in.

The last time I plowed it to get it ready to attempt to plant grass, I was listening to game 1 of the Western Conference finals on the radio. I know it was game 1 because I remember Manu hitting the half-court shot at the end of the first quarter.

That was May 22nd. I haven't gotten more than a few tenths of rain since.

It is going to take rainfall in excess of 6 inches to get adequate surface and subsoil moisture in a lot of places. These little piss-ant showers we've been getting aren't going to do the job. Now is a good time for a tropical storm to hit somewhere between Seadrift-Baffin Bay and drop some serious moisture.

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 03:13 PM
Bam! Got 3.65" @ my house Sunday morning, 4" even on the other end of my place, and 4.15" at another place down the road.

I'm on the East side of SA, so I was lucky to be in a little narrow strip of heavy rain.

And none of it ran off.:lol

TOP-CHERRY
09-12-2005, 03:17 PM
It was beautiful.

SpursWoman
09-12-2005, 03:26 PM
I would have loved it, but for the fact that it brought to light that there is yet another leak in my patio roof.

:cuss :lol

boutons
09-12-2005, 03:29 PM
This weekend was the first serious rain for metro SA since a mid-July, and before that, it was 1 June. Extremely hot and dry summer.

Looking at this page on Sunday night (accumulate rain for previous 12 hours)

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/loop/DS.80stp/si.kewx.shtml

... most of metro SA got at least 0.5 inches, and a large area got 1 inch or more.
The Salado Creek northside is filled again for the first time since late July.

My lawn's brown spots turned green overnight.

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 03:30 PM
Well, some of us got jack in mid July, so it was much needed.:tu