PDA

View Full Version : This reminds me of the 2008 playoffs against Chris Paul and the Hornets

hitmantb
04-29-2015, 11:07 PM
Aging role players after 3 titles in 5 years, got some lucky breaks (Griffin two missed free throws, Jordan's goal tend), grind it out against a more talented team overall before falling apart at the hands of the hot team that year (Kobe/Lakers then, Curry/Warriors now). That is if we finish off the Clippers and the rejuvenated Howard + Harden to begin with.

I just see too much deterioration from last year, Splitter is a huge loss and there is way too much burden on Duncan I am so afraid his wheel is going to fall off for good. No matter how much this board hates Parker, he is retiring as a Spur unless he demands a trade (unlikely) and without his play making, the offense clogs. Ginobili, Green, all seemed to have lost a step.

The good news is the East seems weak with Love's injury, if we get out of the West we should be favored against any opponent.

Splits
04-29-2015, 11:08 PM
Aging role players after 3 titles in 5 years, got some lucky breaks (Griffin two missed free throws, Jordan's goal tend), grind it out against a more talented team overall before falling apart at the hands of the hot team that year (Kobe/Lakers then, Curry/Warriors now). That is if we finish off the Clippers and the rejuvenated Howard + Harden to begin with.

I just see too much deterioration from last year, Splitter is a huge loss and there is way too much burden on Duncan I am so afraid his wheel is going to fall off for good. No matter how much this board hates Parker, he is retiring as a Spur unless he demands a trade (unlikely) and without his play making, the offense clogs. Ginobili, Green, all seemed to have lost a step.

The good news is the East seems weak with Love's injury, if we get out of the West we should be favored against any opponent.

Pussy take

The Whopper
04-29-2015, 11:15 PM
For what it's worth, it will be interesting to see if Splitter is too hurt or if he's just turtling as usual against the super athletic shot blocker (ala Ibaka). He sucks against those guys and Jordan is every bit as difficult as Ibaka if not more so.

ElNono
04-29-2015, 11:26 PM
- Tiago is basically our entire P&R defense. It's hard to win when your defense just can't be whole. It's going to be more or less of an issue depending on matchups.
- Green lost a step? Green is who he is. He catches fire, we can ride his shot to win us games. He doesn't, and we're gonna struggle.
- Bobo started slow, but picked it up in the last couple of games. If he can sustain it, he's another vital player that can get other players going.
- Odds might be stacked against us, but you gotta give the defending champs the benefit of the doubt, IMO. Injuries or not, this is a special team.