PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone notice?

tmtcsc
04-30-2015, 01:11 AM
On Danny's missed FT near the end, CP grabbed Green's left arm in attempt to keep him from snagging the rebound. How the hell wasn't that called? Lol, I'm not certain but I think he has a hold of Green's arm with both hands.

Horry Hipcheck
04-30-2015, 01:15 AM
I did in the replay, I sort of chalked it up to the refs not looking at Danny's arm and focusing on the ball.

ElNono
04-30-2015, 01:15 AM
Well, MultiTroll, you got this one right. The L2M report from last night identifies this play -- at 4.1 seconds -- as having been an incorrect no-call:

https://cms.nba.com/official/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2015/04/L2M-SAS-LAC-4-28-15.pdf

Interestingly, the league also says that on the inbounds that resulted in Green's FTAs, Barnes should have been called for a foul for running through a legal Parker screen; that would have been a foul before the inbounds, which would have given the Spurs 1 FTA and another shot to inbound, so the miss probably wasn't a big deal.

FkLA
04-30-2015, 01:32 AM
I understand exaggerating contact, can attribute it to gamesmanship but this dude tries all sorts of other shitty ploys on top of it. On their last possession (DJ offensive interference), prior to the inbounds pass he grabbed Kawhi's arm and tried to drag him into him to draw a foul...fortunately the refs didn't call it. Still arguably the best PG in the league but definitely a little bitch as well tbh.

jiggy_55
04-30-2015, 01:49 AM
Ya, I saw that. It was mentioned in a few articles I read (I believe CBS)

marinoman
04-30-2015, 02:10 AM
here
https://vine.co/v/e7u6mYDjDDm

Nathan89
04-30-2015, 02:14 AM
here

Marco's reaction:lol

Manu-of-steel
04-30-2015, 02:22 AM
here

Nice link, thanks

SnakeBoy
04-30-2015, 03:09 AM
Guys you know I don't complain much, but the refs missed that call.

Cloud786
04-30-2015, 03:16 AM
here

Austin Rivers not boxing out Green :lol

FlAVaK
04-30-2015, 07:58 AM
embedded version:

manufan10
04-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Marco's reaction:lol

http://cdn3.teen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/home-alone-kevin-screaming-after-shave.gif

tmtcsc
04-30-2015, 08:38 AM
Sheesh.

still.focused
04-30-2015, 08:41 AM
here

What amazes me is the amount of people moving AWAY from the ball instead of trying to secure it
Manu, Crawford, Rivers are all in space
Was this not the final seconds of a pivotal playoff game?

couchman
04-30-2015, 08:49 AM
To be fair to Manu, he did the original contest on the rebound that forced Barnes too close to the baseline to get the rebound, otherwise Barnes easily gets that board.

Mugen
04-30-2015, 08:53 AM
Pretty ridiculous how refs miss blatant shit like this all the time during crunchtime moments. I get not calling ticky tack stuff but stuff like this is insane.

I remember the Spurs getting away with having 6 guys on the floor last year in the Dallas series :lol

Russ
04-30-2015, 08:56 AM
What amazes me is the amount of people moving AWAY from the ball instead of trying to secure it

The Clippers had no time outs and needed to rebound and score within 4 seconds. The shooters had to get open and trust that the rebounders would throw them an outlet.

still.focused
04-30-2015, 09:14 AM
To be fair to Manu, he did the original contest on the rebound that forced Barnes too close to the baseline to get the rebound, otherwise Barnes easily gets that board.
No
He didnt force him anywhere
The ball hits the bottom of the backboard and changes direction
Manu may have gotten a finger on it but it didnt affect much of anything
Barnes just tracked it wrong cuz hes not a very good basketball player

Texas_Ranger
04-30-2015, 09:26 AM
Green is lucky that the refs don't call violation on his FT's. The guy always steps over the line before the ball reaches the rim.

rude1_79
04-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Looks like kawai's automatic reaction was to find Paul and be ready for some full court defense.

still.focused
04-30-2015, 09:43 AM
The Clippers had no time outs and needed to rebound and score within 4 seconds. The shooters had to get open and trust that the rebounders would throw them an outlet.

So whats more important poss or the shot?
Should we rely on the video of what actually took place?
Or rely on the simple concept that you cant shoot a ball that you dont have?
Barnes is a below avg everything so Griffin is basically there by himself and on the other side of the rim
Im not talking about space in the sense of open area
I mean space like brain in outter space
Rivers & Crawford literally do nothing on easily their most important play of the yr
Conversely look what Kawhi & Green do to secure the ball

MultiTroll
04-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Pretty ridiculous how refs miss blatant shit like this all the time during crunchtime moments. I get not calling ticky tack stuff but stuff like this is insane.

I remember the Spurs getting away with having 6 guys on the floor last year in the Dallas series :lol
The overhead camera view (for those dvring at home) shows even more.

MultiTroll
04-30-2015, 10:03 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by couchman (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7976873#post7976873)

No
He didnt force him anywhere
The ball hits the bottom of the backboard and changes direction
Manu may have gotten a finger on it but it didnt affect much of anything
Barnes just tracked it wrong cuz hes not a very good basketball player
This.
Manu doing his HeroBall bullshit again.
It worked out because the ball took a funky bounce but he should have been fronting Barnes all the way.

MultiTroll
04-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Rivers backs up as soon as the ball comes off the rim. :lol
Perhaps he was ordered to by Doc.

mudyez
04-30-2015, 01:22 PM
Green is lucky that the refs don't call violation on his FT's. The guy always steps over the line before the ball reaches the rim.

So maybe CP3 just wanted to help Green staying within the rules?

Mouth is Bleeding
04-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Did anyone else notice Paul targeting one of his kicks at Duncan's knee early in game 1? Thankfully he missed.

Given who it is I'm almost sure that it was an extremely dirty play and you could also see Duncan react in a way that he usually doesn't. Pop also said something to Paul who it looked like denied it, then Pop just smiled shaking his head like he didn't believe it.

I don't think a calm and collected CP3 has nothing but respect for Duncan but when his juices are flowing all bets are off and he is probably the biggest scumbag in the league getting away with way too much.

TDomination
04-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Did anyone else notice Paul targeting one of his kicks at Duncan's knee early in game 1? Thankfully he missed.

Given who it is I'm almost sure that it was an extremely dirty play and you could also see Duncan react in a way that he usually doesn't. Pop also said something to Paul who it looked like denied it, then Pop just smiled shaking his head like he didn't believe it.

I don't think a calm and collected CP3 has nothing but respect for Duncan but when his juices are flowing all bets are off and he is probably the biggest scumbag in the league getting away with way too much.
Yeah, that was that ridiculous play where Duncan doesn't touch cp3 except for when CP3 kicks Duncan, but Timmy is called for the foul because of the whiners flop.

Horse
04-30-2015, 02:56 PM
Paul is a dirty motherfucker first one to cry but always trying to hurt someone. Good thing is that pussy is too weak to hurt anyone

xellos88330
04-30-2015, 03:00 PM
On Danny's missed FT near the end, CP grabbed Green's left arm in attempt to keep him from snagging the rebound. How the hell wasn't that called? Lol, I'm not certain but I think he has a hold of Green's arm with both hands.

You can also see him pulling Leonard away from the rebound on the play that got Barnes the two free throws after Griffin missed both of his.

wildbill2u
04-30-2015, 07:20 PM

I saw it and commented about it in one of the other threads. Maybe Doc would cool off some if he saw it. Naw, probably not since he paid $25,000 to criticize the refs.

tmtcsc
04-30-2015, 07:44 PM
I saw it and commented about it in one of the other threads. Maybe Doc would cool off some if he saw it. Naw, probably not since he paid $25,000 to criticize the refs.

Sorry about that. There have been so many threads based on game 5 that I just thought I'd start one dedicated to that awful no call on Paul. I thought the Clippers were on the wrong end of a couple of bad calls but in reality it was probably even for both sides. So.....fuck 'em.

tholdren
04-30-2015, 07:55 PM

Yes, I was screaming profanity - and I think that is what prompted me to post "fuck Chris paul."

CP always does the dirty little things like that. Loved bowen for it, hate CP3 for the same shit.