PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker to Lakers for Julius Randle?

Cklbmk
04-30-2015, 04:38 AM
What if the Lakers get Kevin Love?

Offer them Tony Parker for Randle and cap space so they can balance their roster

Parker/Kobe/Love and a top 5 pick could be a nice jump start for them.

It would give us 10mil+ cap space on top of a max free agent. We could keep Cojo, Marco, pay Duncan more than MLE, retain Green without a 2nd thought, try to poach another quality player(wes matthews?) Maybe grab a young gun we an insane offer(KJ Mcdaniels??)

What do you think?

Mal
04-30-2015, 04:41 AM
The greatest idea of all time. Call mitch

DJR210
04-30-2015, 04:46 AM
Dude, are you on fucking drugs? You already made this thread..

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247386

Cklbmk
04-30-2015, 04:47 AM

Lol fuck I knew it was a genius idea.

BatManu20
04-30-2015, 04:50 AM

:lol

Robz4000
04-30-2015, 05:07 AM
Do it RC!

SASdynasty!
04-30-2015, 07:48 AM
"Good job, good effort"

buttsR4rebounding
04-30-2015, 09:10 AM
That's not how the Spurs roll. This last contract of Parker's is payback for taking less before so they could have this run. They've done it before. For example, Avery Johnson's last contract was very generous. You want loyalty you have to give it as well.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-30-2015, 09:31 AM
That's not how the Spurs roll. This last contract of Parker's is payback for taking less before so they could have this run. They've done it before. For example, Avery Johnson's last contract was very generous. You want loyalty you have to give it as well.

This, Tony isnt going anywhere. As much as it sucks to have his contract, he earned this money over the course of his time with the spurs and we would look pretty shitty if we screwed over a player we are going to retire in our rafters.

SpursIndonesia
04-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Unless Tony demands the trade, he's not going anywhere, PERIOD.

in2deep
04-30-2015, 10:00 AM
Unless Tony demands the trade, he's not going anywhere, PERIOD.

poor "spursfans" who waste their time thinking of threads like this

Brazil
04-30-2015, 10:12 AM
:lol Parker will retire has a Spurs, his jersey will be hang up in the rafters.... when all will be said and done, he will finish as third greatest Spurs career

MateoNeygro
04-30-2015, 10:19 AM
No.

testies
04-30-2015, 10:41 AM
So everyone is going along the "We need to be loyal to Parker" road and not the "Julius Randle is a PF with alligator arms who can't defend" road?

Seventyniner
04-30-2015, 10:47 AM
:lol Parker will retire has a Spurs, his jersey will be hang up in the rafters.... when all will be said and done, he will finish as third greatest Spurs career

I agree on the first two, but Kawhi is likely to pass Parker on the greatest Spurs career list. Parker is currently third, though.

Brazil
04-30-2015, 10:50 AM
I agree on the first two, but Kawhi is likely to pass Parker on the greatest Spurs career list. Parker is currently third, though.

I do hope Kawhi will take it for sure ! dat would be a great sign for the future of the Spurs

Brazil
04-30-2015, 10:51 AM
So everyone is going along the "We need to be loyal to Parker" road and not the "Julius Randle is a PF with alligator arms who can't defend" road?

not sure why there is a discussion

Parker will retire as a Spurs, from there I don't see the interest of debating anything related to a trade involving Parker

SASdynasty!
04-30-2015, 11:32 AM
Tony Parker is one of few players to win FMVP making under $10M a year. He's never been in the top-30 in NBA salaries and yet he's won a FMVP, finished top-6 in MVP voting twice and top-12 four times.

His $13.4 million next year probably still won't make him a top-30 paid player and neither will his $15 million when he finally hits that mark the last year of his contract because of the cap increase.

You guys act like this is some terrible contract...any GM in the league (including RC) would kill to pay a player what Parker has made his career and get what we have gotten from him.

Chinook
04-30-2015, 11:36 AM
Parker still gets that money even if he's traded, so I don't get why anyone's acting like his career earning have anything to do with it.

Malik Hairston
04-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Randle sucks, tbh:lol, but ya, I'd trade Parker for a 2nd round pick if they could somehow make it work with other teams, as I've been saying since last year..

Brazil
04-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Randle sucks, tbh:lol, but ya, I'd trade Parker for a 2nd round pick if they could somehow make it work with other teams, as I've been saying since last year..

:lol clippers in 7

Mouth is Bleeding
04-30-2015, 01:58 PM
Need to sell Kobe on this.

If they can go hard for Rondo who it's an open secret that they will get, why not limpy Parker?????

MOAR RANGZ than Rondo!!!

Baam
04-30-2015, 02:05 PM
Only way he gets traded is for another bad contract, the writing is on the wall at this point... If they could trade him for Calderon who has 2y*7.5M left on his deal as opposed to 3y*14M that'd be prolly one of the better realistic trade...

Or Parker + Beli for DWill... Something like that would be pretty good as well...

The Lakers owners may be dumb but after the Nash fiasco they're not trading for Parker...

Nathan89
04-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Why would the Lakers give up a young asset for Tony?

ElNono
04-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Maybe we can trade him for Rondo once the Lakeshow give Rondo the max?

Sean Cagney
04-30-2015, 02:39 PM
Why does this thread have a damn? by it? This is not even discussed or even in the works nor going to happen. Some just get a random idea and post stuff on here and put a ? beside is like it's possible. Do the trade on a video game or something or keep it in your mind, not even an option.
poor "spursfans" who waste their time thinking of threads like this

I agree, posting this thought up in the head crap is just utterly pointless.

Arc
04-30-2015, 02:40 PM
kill yourself OP

Mel_13
04-30-2015, 02:42 PM
:lol

So, the Lakers aren't dumb enough to trade for Parker, but the Spurs are dumb enough to trade for DWill?

FuzzyLumpkins
04-30-2015, 02:44 PM

You are probably right and this is why the comparison with the Pats is a poor one. Kraft and Belichek would can that contract faster than our local trolls change accounts.

r0drig0lac
04-30-2015, 02:44 PM
/facepalm

Brazil
04-30-2015, 03:10 PM
Trading for DW :lmao best of the year

SpursIndonesia
04-30-2015, 07:58 PM
Parker still gets that money even if he's traded, so I don't get why anyone's acting like his career earning have anything to do with it.

Well, of course, if Tony's expectation of his career is having a decent paid job while playing loyally to this winning franchise, then trading him without his consent is pretty much face fucking his loyalty. He is willing to accept a career earning such as this only with the Spurs, not spending the last years of his career in other NBA cesspool purgatory teams out there.

cutewizard
05-01-2015, 12:22 AM
Parker for Clarckson