PDA

View Full Version : I am disgusted in this team

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-30-2015, 11:28 PM
Never felt like this before. Kawhi, Parker, Ginobili, Pop, Splitter, even Duncan, I am disgusted with this performance, I guess this team is satisfied with last year's championship. This is not the way a dynasty should end, but it looks like this is how it'll win. I said Spurs would win this series the entire time, never lost confidence, but it's over now. This team will not win game 7. Sorry to say it, but the Spurs will go out like this.

Mal
04-30-2015, 11:34 PM
Ginobili is done. No legs, but he`s not playing too much. Parker is also done, but he`s been playing heavy minutes, giving close to nothing in return.

K...
04-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Chill, we're banged up. The Clippers are the third best NBA team this year.

TE
04-30-2015, 11:40 PM
meh fuck it. It's just basketball, plus they won last year. Disappointed in them is a better word imo.

TheGreatYacht
04-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Spurs have the better team.

Clips have the better coach.

Plain and simple

ElNono
04-30-2015, 11:45 PM
I will always love this team, due to 5... but it's hard not to admit we're playing stupid, disinterested basketball...

Clipper Nation
04-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Clips have the better coach.

http://i.imgur.com/t4yrL5C.gif

AusSpur
04-30-2015, 11:51 PM
On the bright side, Danny Green has become a lot cheaper to re-sign :toast

ctpsb
04-30-2015, 11:52 PM
This game is unbelievable : there was no reason to not win this. It just follows the same pattern -- when they win a championship they are just not as hungry the next year -- mutliple missed FT's, dumb turnovers, defensive breakdowns, etc. What they did winning last year after losing in 2013 the way they did was probably more difficult than defending their title. But every time they win the title they never even reach the conference finals the next year (except I believe 2008).

This to me shows that they just plain become satisfied with winning then get the hunger 2 or more years later. I don't think there has ever been a team in sports history who has won this many titles but can't defend it at least once.

Spur|n|Austin
04-30-2015, 11:53 PM
On the bright side, Danny Green has become a lot cheaper to re-sign :toast

Resigning him would be a mistake. He's a system player.

therealtruth
05-01-2015, 12:06 AM
This game is unbelievable : there was no reason to not win this. It just follows the same pattern -- when they win a championship they are just not as hungry the next year -- mutliple missed FT's, dumb turnovers, defensive breakdowns, etc. What they did winning last year after losing in 2013 the way they did was probably more difficult than defending their title. But every time they win the title they never even reach the conference finals the next year (except I believe 2008).

This to me shows that they just plain become satisfied with winning then get the hunger 2 or more years later. I don't think there has ever been a team in sports history who has won this many titles but can't defend it at least once.

It's much harder to repeat. I think that lowers how good of a coach Pop till he learns how to do it.

Budkin
05-01-2015, 12:17 AM
We're right there with you. Comparing last year to this year is night and day.

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 12:17 AM
Here are the facts Spurs fans. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker have nothing to prove. Therefor, nothing to play for. The early season injuries set them back in the standings, they fought back and lost to NO which put 'em in a hole for the seedings and quite frankley, at their age, with their accomplishments, looking at road games throughout the playoffs....their heart ain't in it. Simple as that. Their heart isn't in this. Tim Duncan has nothing to prove to anyone. Manu Ginobili has nothing to prove to anyone. None of them, really, have anything to prove till AFTER those people leave THEN, they will again, have something to prove and a new Spurs era will begin. But this ride is is more than likely over. But ..BUT...man, if they pull off this game 7 and go on and beat Houston... a tough in state road series and THEN go on to beat the Warriors on the road AGAIN ....then...wow...that would be un...fucking...heard of....Clippers, Rox, Warriors ...without HCA. It's not gonna happen EVEN if they win game 7 Saturday.

Hey man, it was one of the greatest runs in NBA history. If not THE greatest. But this ain't happening.

Arcadian
05-01-2015, 12:18 AM
:lol such a generic thread

Sean Cagney
05-01-2015, 12:20 AM
meh fuck it. It's just basketball, plus they won last year. Disappointed in them is a better word imo.

Yep.......

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Yep....... You're disappointed....in a team that for 3 decades has taken you to the playoffs and for the most part, given you a shot in every one of them ?

And won 5 championships along the way.

Here's what Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker OWE you... "."

Nothing

They put this sleepy cowtown on the map. Were it not for them San Antonio would just be that place where the Alamo is. They don't owe you, you owe THEM.

SnakeBoy
05-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Some of you faggots need to get a life.

Sean Cagney
05-01-2015, 12:43 AM
You're disappointed....in a team that for 3 decades has taken you to the playoffs and for the most part, given you a shot in every one of them ?

And won 5 championships along the way.

Here's what Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker OWE you... "."

Nothing

They put this sleepy cowtown on the map. Were it not for them San Antonio would just be that place where the Alamo is. They don't owe you, you owe THEM.

Out of all the posts you point out a yep? I am not dissapointed in their body of work nor did I say that at all, damn proud of this team and always will be. Dissapointed in the outcome tonight and possibly this series as a fan, but that is about it. At the end of the day they got #5 and they gave us a hell of a run. Where did you get all of this out of a simple YEP? Good lord chill the fuck out.

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 12:46 AM
Yet you are the one with the subliminal fag screen name, snakeboy. If you were 'gashlover69' you might get away with it but snakeboy isn't exactly a screen name to be calling out peoples sexuality, is it, faggot ?

TheGoldStandard
05-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Resigning him would be a mistake. He's a system player.

Can't dribble or lay the ball up

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 12:56 AM
Out of all the posts you point out a yep? I am not dissapointed in their body of work nor did I say that at all, damn proud of this team and always will be. Dissapointed in the outcome tonight and possibly this series as a fan, but that is about it. At the end of the day they got #5 and they gave us a hell of a run. Where did you get all of this out of a simple YEP? Good lord chill the fuck out.

You responded to the poster who said 'I'm disappointed in THEM'. You said 'yep'.

I'm not disappointed in them. The Clippers aren't garbage. I've been FAR more disappointed in them in series past when they were in their prime than this showing. And it's not even close.

Sean Cagney
05-01-2015, 12:59 AM
You responded to the poster who said 'I'm disappointed in THEM'. You said 'yep'.

I'm not disappointed in them. The Clippers aren't garbage. I've been FAR more disappointed in them in series past when they were in their prime than this showing. And it's not even close.
I said yep because he said got #5 last year, what I was agreeing with there. I am not dissapointed in them at all man, they won in the end.. 5 titles and longevity like NO OTHER. I agree the Clippers are game, they are the #3 seed for a reason and a good team. If they lose the series they do and at the end of the day love this team and what they gave us as fans, it's more than MOST will EVER SEE! I will watch game 7 whether it's the end or not, root them on and go down with the ship or move on to round two with them and support them.

kobyz
05-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Clippers just the more talanted team with 2 superstars and great role players, of cours younger and hungrier, eager to prove themselves... You can all thank Pop and R.C. for not bringing new addition to the team this year to improve our firepower and for Pop being arrogant all year and not taking seriously enough things he should have take, this is why we don't have right not enough to take us over the hump and why instead of going for back to back, losing in the first round...

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 01:11 AM
Sean: Agreed. My apologies. I get upset at any criticism of them. What they've done for this town cannot be measured.

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 01:15 AM
Clippers just the more talanted team with 2 superstars and great role players, of cours younger and hungrier, eager to prove themselves... You can all thank Pop and R.C. for not bringing new addition to the team this year to improve our firepower and for Pop being arrogant all year and not taking seriously enough things he should have take, this is why we don't have right not enough to take us over the hump and why instead of going for back to back, losing in the first round...

Come on man. We can 'thank Pop and RC' for this season ? Early injuries happen and we got beat down in the seedings and had to work our way out of a hole. It happens. You change a team that just blew out the two time defending champs with 3 straight trips to the finals and the greatest player on the planet ? You don't change a thing. Not...a thing. You roll with that. There were injuries. It happens.

Buddy Mignon
05-01-2015, 01:22 AM

By God... you're right.

Sean Cagney
05-01-2015, 01:25 AM
Sean: Agreed. My apologies. I get upset at any criticism of them. What they've done for this town cannot be measured.
No problem at all man, cool.

SnakeBoy
05-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Yet you are the one with the subliminal fag screen name, snakeboy. If you were 'gashlover69' you might get away with it but snakeboy isn't exactly a screen name to be calling out peoples sexuality, is it, faggot ?

Huh? Are you saying my screen name makes you think about gay sex?

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 01:34 AM
By God... you're right.

And the reason why it's been so tough to love Manu. Always been a love/hate relationship with me. It has taken me a long time to forgive that man but I'm over it.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Saddened by the impending retirement of Duncan & Ginobili, but excited for the future, even the tank. Spurs aren't a franchise that will be down too long. Two years, and they'll be back in contention.

kobyz
05-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Come on man. We can 'thank Pop and RC' for this season ? Early injuries happen and we got beat down in the seedings and had to work our way out of a hole. It happens. You change a team that just blew out the two time defending champs with 3 straight trips to the finals and the greatest player on the planet ? You don't change a thing. Not...a thing. You roll with that. There were injuries. It happens.

No, it should have be known from the start Spurs would have to bring an addition to get over the hump of the letdown of winning title, also Pop was arrogant all season, the beard is a sign, he fucked around too much this season...

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 01:39 AM
Saddened by the impending retirement of Duncan & Ginobili, but excited for the future, even the tank. Spurs aren't a franchise that will be down too long. Two years, and they'll be back in contention.

K-love can leave next year. Alderidge can leave. They key to the Spurs future is not if TD or Manu leaves, it's if Pop stays and he will, if they give him the pieces to do so. The good thing is, while SA doesn't excite players to come here, Pop does. There are people that want to play for him. If Pop leaves...we could become Bobcats overnight...and that's a tough hole to work out of. San Antonio is not exactly a draw as a city of NBA players. We need Pop to stay till we can transition post TD/Manu era. And I think he will. He respects Holt more than to just leave because Timmy left.

admiralsnackbar
05-01-2015, 01:45 AM
K-love can leave next year. Alderidge can leave. They key to the Spurs future is not if TD or Manu leaves, it's if Pop stays and he will, if they give him the pieces to do so. The good thing is, while SA doesn't excite players to come here, Pop does. There are people that want to play for him. If Pop leaves...we could become Bobcats overnight...and that's a tough hole to work out of. San Antonio is not exactly a draw as a city of NBA players. We need Pop to stay till we can transition post TD/Manu era. And I think he will. He respects Holt more than to just leave because Timmy left. Don't even think it's a question whether Pop will oversee the transition before he retires or not. He just signed a contract that outlasts Duncan and Manu's best-case-scenario (lengthwise) expected retirements. He's also in man-love with Kawhi, so there's that.

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 01:46 AM
No, it should have be known from the start Spurs would have to bring an addition to get over the hump of the letdown of winning title, also Pop was arrogant all season, the beard is a sign, he fucked around too much this season...

Injuries hurt the Spurs this year and in this series. They went into the playoffs not at full strength. I'm surprised we even have a game 7 and I've been positive as it is. Actually they're back healthy now but not used to playing together as that unit that crushed Miami. It's a timing thing. It's unfortunate. They've been snakebit for the repeat and as far as 'bringing in parts' don't forget the Jefferson/McDyess era. That was disaster. So 'adding parts' is always tricky. Again. If you've just blown out the two time champs with the greatest player on the planet, you don't change a thing. To do anything else would be ...insane.

And we can still win game 7. That's not out of the realm of possibilty by any stretch. Going 'all the way' would still be very very tough without HCA. Always has been. That loss in NO was HUGE.

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 01:52 AM
Don't even think it's a question whether Pop will oversee the transition before he retires or not. He just signed a contract that outlasts Duncan and Manu's best-case-scenario (lengthwise) expected retirements. He's also in man-love with Kawhi, so there's that.
Awesome. As long as we have Pop we can attract players to come here...

BatManu20
05-01-2015, 01:54 AM

admiralsnackbar
05-01-2015, 01:55 AM
Awesome. As long as we have Pop we can attract players to come here... Would love it if it were true, but 20+ offseasons suggest otherwise. The trouble isn't that Pop is an undesirable coach as much as that SA isn't a desireable destination for the vast majority of 20-something athletes.

Mikeanaro
05-01-2015, 01:55 AM
Mayweather/Pacquiao fiasco will be more entertaining than this game 7 bullcrap.

ErnestLynch
05-01-2015, 02:05 AM
Would love it if it were true, but 20+ offseasons suggest otherwise. The trouble isn't that Pop is an undesirable coach as much as that SA isn't a desirable destination for the vast majority of 20-something athletes.

Yeah, but players, good players, that are getting up in age and don't have a ring, which is most of them...just might be willing. But you're right. San Antonio is just not an attractive city for NBA players and ..even NBA media. That is an entire other conversation, and a legitimate one, at how this city just screws itself over and over...and over...

admiralsnackbar
05-01-2015, 02:06 AM
Yeah, but players, good players, that are getting up in age and don't have a ring, which is most of them...just might be willing. But you're right. San Antonio is just not an attractive city for NBA players and ..even NBA media. That is an entire other conversation, and a legitimate one, at how this city just screws itself over and over...and over... Agreed, sir.

TE
05-01-2015, 11:47 AM

Oh so you're not disappointed with them? That's bullshit. Sure the Clippers have played exceptional basketball, particularly some players. But to say you're not disappointed in the Spurs for their overall bad basketball performance in this series sans game 3 is quite frankly a copout. I won't go as far as saying I'm disgusted with them, they've provided more than enough joy for their fanbase. I'm grateful that I grew up watching this team and their big three core. That said, they're champions, they didn't play like it in games they should have (games 4, 6).

Embedded
05-01-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm not disappointed IN them. I am disappointed FOR them. Still my guys, win lose or draw. Nothing to prove to me, but I hope they win game 7 tomorrow.

MateoNeygro
05-01-2015, 12:18 PM
I was highly highly disappointed and angry during the game but once I cool down I realize, "oh hey, the Spurs don't owe me shit". We are blessed as fuck to have them and I'll pull for them til the end. This game is completely winnable, they've gone in their gym twice and won and they've done the same. Lol you're disgusted? Chillax playa, it's not over.