-Hack a DJ when Spurs are rolling, Clippers tie it up
-No Timmy on Blake after Tim holds him down in Game 5
-No Beli until way too late
-No Patty until way too late
-Zero adjustment to the CP3 high screen n roll
-No Danny on CP3 after holding him without a FG in the 1st half
-Kawhi on CP3, absolutely taking him out of the game as a help defender
-Too much fucking Manu tonight

And worst of all. Tony Fucking Parker still seeing big minutes when he's been an absolute pussy piece of shit the entire series.

:lmao Fuck you Pop. Just literally cost the Spurs a series.

Floyd Pacquiao
04-30-2015, 11:35 PM
MOST OVERRATED COACH IN NBA HISTORY. SPURSTALK COULD MAKE BETTER ADJUSTMENTS

dabom

And worst of all. Tony Fucking Parker still seeing big minutes when he's been an absolute pussy piece of shit the entire series.

I don't know how many fucking times I keep repeating this stupid shit. Put kawhi near the basket for help rebounding and area defending.

HI-FI
Least we can look forward to his brusque answers when people point out his screw ups.

Mugen
04-30-2015, 11:38 PM
If the Spurs win Game 7, it won't be because anything this piece of shit couldn't have done after Game 1 of the series, that's for sure.

MI21
04-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Kawhi can't handle CP3, he has never been particular great on PG's. Not a slight on him, it's not really what he is there for. Don't understand Pop's reasoning.

Mugen
04-30-2015, 11:39 PM
:lol Please let somebody defend Pop tonight. Please.

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 11:42 PM
its 3-3

put the bottle down

Mugen
04-30-2015, 11:43 PM
:lol my man spurraider going down with the SS Pop n' Porky tbh

timtonymanu
04-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Scotty would have done a better job coaching the Spurs tonight.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Doesn't play Patty Mills, but he insists on putting Parker in for 30+ minutes, who is still injured and playing like shit.

BatManu20
04-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Best coach in the league. But Pop completely shit the bed tonight. (and for the 2nd time this series)

FkLA
04-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Danny has done a great job on CP3. Kawhi has done a great job on Reddick. Yet this fucking asshole decided to switch up the matchups for the hell of it.

:pctoss

Nathan89
04-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Hack a DJ when the Clippers offense is shit is about the worse decision you could possibly make. It's not like a few fts is some large sample that dramatically change things in your favor. DJ is liable to hit over 50% in any given stretch like he did which makes it a terrible decision unless it's offsetting great offense. For that to have been a good decision the ft shooter would statistically need to be around 20%.

therealtruth
04-30-2015, 11:53 PM
Least we can look forward to his brusque answers when people point out his screw ups.

He was actually quite talkative.

spurraider21
04-30-2015, 11:55 PM
:lol my man spurraider going down with the SS Pop n' Porky tbh
he's not immune from criticism :lol... i hate the hacking when we're up and scoring

i just think its silly when people are trying to pin the loss on one or two scapegoats

UZER
04-30-2015, 11:55 PM
The one game the spurs won in a blowout was when they didn't hack-a. Hmmm

testies
04-30-2015, 11:56 PM
Doesn't play Patty Mills, but he insists on putting Parker in for 30+ minutes, who is still injured and playing like shit.

he's not injured, he just fucking sucks

UZER
04-30-2015, 11:56 PM
And then....when they SHOULD foul him late in the game, they don't and let Paul go coast to coast for a layup.

Capster
04-30-2015, 11:57 PM
I am shocked the Spurs didn't loose by more!
Ugly basketball. Sit Parker....duh! Play Bellinelli and Mills! I could have done a better job coaching the Spurs this game!��

Robz4000
Yep, just more of Pop doing his worst job coaching since he joined the Spurs...

DieHardSpursFan1537
he's not injured, he just fucking sucks
>fuck parker
>fuck pop
>typical parker choke

Thebesteva
its 3-3

put the bottle down

Still think Spurs win it but the hack a Jordan needs to be used in the right moments, not when you're up 7 in the 4th

Mugen
04-30-2015, 11:58 PM
he's not immune from criticism :lol... i hate the hacking when we're up and scoring

i just think its silly when people are trying to pin the loss on one or two scapegoats

I'm pinning the loss on Pop tbh. No other scapegoats :lol

Spur|n|Austin
04-30-2015, 11:59 PM
Danny has done a great job on CP3. Kawhi has done a great job on Reddick. Yet this fucking asshole decided to switch up the matchups for the hell of it.

:pctoss

This truly infuriated me. I'd love to hear his explanation for this.

I still think Spurs win 7 but tonight was an absolute shit show beside Boris and Marco.

Slippy
04-30-2015, 11:59 PM
The persistence of playing Patty too little , then too late and too much of Tony when he's struggling is the biggest head scratcher

spurraider21
05-01-2015, 12:00 AM
our only reliable creator on offense was boris isolating and posting up :lol

can't have kawhi, parker, manu all playing terrible... especially if duncan isn't having one of his god-mode performances

Spur|n|Austin
05-01-2015, 12:00 AM

Danny Green's shit filled bed says hi.

Mugen
05-01-2015, 12:02 AM
our only reliable creator on offense was boris isolating and posting up :lol

can't have kawhi, parker, manu all playing terrible... especially if duncan isn't having one of his god-mode performances

:lol Pop does the opposite of just one of the things I listed and the Spurs probably win the game. As fucking shit those guys were, Pop was 10x worse, and it isnt even close.

spurraider21
05-01-2015, 12:03 AM
:lol Pop does the opposite of just one of the things I listed and the Spurs probably win the game. As fucking shit those guys were, Pop was 10x worse, and it isnt even close.
i dno, kawhi was pretty bad tbh :lol

i'm just gna blame all coaching mistakes on becky hammon. u know, misogyny and all

ElNono
05-01-2015, 12:04 AM
I don't get the reluctance to play Patty more.... just let him chuck his heart out... gotta be better than dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble rushed shot...

Spur-Addict
05-01-2015, 12:04 AM
I typically don't criticize in any regard, but Pop was bad tonight. Particularly in the second half.

Mugen
05-01-2015, 12:05 AM
He was terrible but if the Old Wino Fuck breaks his hip during pre-game presser, the Spurs are preparing for the Rockets by now :lol

DMC
05-01-2015, 12:10 AM
The persistence of playing Patty too little , then too late and too much of Tony when he's struggling is the biggest head scratcher
It's actually not if you consider all that Pop has to consider. We just look for a win. Pop has to think about tonight and the possibility they don't win, who's going to throw their starting PG under a bus with one game to go? Spurs have won plenty game 7s. If they win, this shit will be forgotten. Chris Paul is due for another bonehead showoff move that costs them in the clutch.

Also, Pop considers this is a contract year for a lot of them. Unlike us, he's not all or nothing. He's who he is and is that way basically all the time, win or lose. We either have horses or we don't. Right now we don't, and it's not even the Clipper's fault.

Pop didn't think we had a good shot at it from the start, which is why he started the hacking shit early. He's like a nose picker who has to draw blood before he stops, but you'll look over there and he's picking it again, bloodied finger and all. That's Pop, and he doesn't care what anyone else says because he's untouchable. He'd love to be fired tbh, teams would line up from here to NYC to coax him over.

So I wasn't surprised when he did it. I think he feels like he's a bigger part of the game than he really should actually need to be. He's more of a puppet master than a coach, at this stage, with these guys.

Russ
05-01-2015, 12:13 AM
Pop was petulant.

But by now, he's earned it. :toast

RD2191
05-01-2015, 12:15 AM
I don't get the reluctance to play Patty more.... just let him chuck his heart out... gotta be better than dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble rushed shot...

UZER
05-01-2015, 12:17 AM
It's actually not if you consider all that Pop has to consider. We just look for a win. Pop has to think about tonight and the possibility they don't win, who's going to throw their starting PG under a bus with one game to go? Spurs have won plenty game 7s. If they win, this shit will be forgotten. Chris Paul is due for another bonehead showoff move that costs them in the clutch.

Also, Pop considers this is a contract year for a lot of them. Unlike us, he's not all or nothing. He's who he is and is that way basically all the time, win or lose. We either have horses or we don't. Right now we don't, and it's not even the Clipper's fault.

Pop didn't think we had a good shot at it from the start, which is why he started the hacking shit early. He's like a nose picker who has to draw blood before he stops, but you'll look over there and he's picking it again, bloodied finger and all. That's Pop, and he doesn't care what anyone else says because he's untouchable. He'd love to be fired tbh, teams would line up from here to NYC to coax him over.

So I wasn't surprised when he did it. I think he feels like he's a bigger part of the game than he really should actually need to be. He's more of a puppet master than a coach, at this stage, with these guys.

:lol he's the Joey Crawford of coaching

baseline bum
05-01-2015, 12:18 AM
Scotty would have done a better job coaching the Spurs tonight.

By running Enrique isos every time down the floor?

TheGreatYacht

Don't forget about how easy it is for the Clippers to get a mismatch... Pop told the Spurs to switch on EVERY fucking screen!!!

Paul dribbles the ball up with Green on him, calls for a DJ screen, Spurs switch so now Splitter is on Paul

BOHOLANO#21
Agree. I was fucking screaming at the game upset on the play calling of popovich. Spurs up by 9 points with Bellinelli freaking hot he started hack- a- Jordan. I think it disrupted the teams rhytmn too. Bellinelli was on the bench too long even when Green was choking on his balls. And shit freakin Parker should be on the bench more than playing. The ball is sticking to him and by the time a shot is attempted it close to five seconds on the shot clock. Popovich blown this game away. Hopefully this series won't be a repeat of 2013 finals blowing away game 6 & 7.

Mikeanaro
05-01-2015, 12:26 AM
He was so comfortable there, letting things go wrong playing at home, that stupid hack a lionface while holding a 9/10 point lead was the beginning of the end.
Betting on Parker when you can make the Mills-Cory combo which is like a scoring guard and a passing guard that you can regulate at will.
At this point Pop handled the game like a total douche, not even Spoelstra could be that bad and no, Im no coach but seeing so many playoff series through the years I can safely say he was pure utter shit.

spurraider21
05-01-2015, 12:27 AM
me neither. i know he's not a good defender, but neither is the guy he'd be replacing

UZER
05-01-2015, 12:51 AM
:lol and the play call out of the timeout late in the fourth. Diaw with a one legged fade away from 14 feet?

TD 21
05-01-2015, 06:09 PM

I agree with the vast majority of this, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he's cost them the series. More like, he's cost them their best possible chance to win the series. But the reality is, this is a five game series disguised as a seven game one.

I wouldn't be surprised if game 7 plays out like game 5 of the Finals last year. Great team, at the end of their run, too prideful to go quietly, makes one final push to stave off the inevitable, before the Clippers wake up, restore order and blow them away.

rasuo214
05-01-2015, 06:33 PM
I hate the hack a Jordan strategy. It only works when the Clippers offense is rolling (like when CP3 and Blake were making everything). I have no idea why Pop thought it was a good idea to implement it when the Spurs offense was rolling and the Clippers were struggling. Say Jordan hits half his fts that's basically like limiting the Clippers to 50% shooting and you're getting key guys into foul trouble. We lost momentum in the 2nd, then guys had to get benched because of foul trouble, making things worse, and of course the Clippers were in the bonus so any other foul ended up in FTs (CP3).

Also there's been no adjustment to the screens, no idea why he switched Kawhi and Danny's defensive roles when they were doing fine as is, and he insists on playing Parker. Playing Parker wouldn't be as bad if he was playing well on offense or Danny was hitting his 3s but neither is happening so we need another shooter/scorer out there. Patty is the obvious choice but I'd even go with no PG lineups as long as Diaw was also in the game.