PDA

View Full Version : Pop finally pulled the soft card on the presser...

ElNono
04-30-2015, 11:36 PM
Guess he figured he has to use it before the season is over...

Spurs21Fan4Ever
04-30-2015, 11:36 PM
Splitter....

slick'81
04-30-2015, 11:37 PM
Nothing left tbh

Mugen
:lol he needs to look in the mirror first. That soft piece of shit just cost the spurs a series.

TE
Should've been critical of his decisions. They breathed life into a Clipper team that had spaghetti legs ready to be blown out.

timtonymanu
Fuck that crater face.

If he had stopped being cute and stopped his hack-a-Jordan shit, we would have been preparing for the next series.

RD2191
FUCK POP, HE NEEDS TO GTFO ALREADY

TheGreatYacht
:lol he needs to look in the mirror first. That soft piece of shit just cost the spurs a series.

dabom
Will pop ever call himself a soft pussy ever?

Floyd Pacquiao
04-30-2015, 11:38 PM
Lol I knew that faggot would deflect the blame away from his self. Fucking pasty moon face faggot

Trill Clinton

TheGreatYacht
Pop/Yesdoka/BoyYes/HamYes/Yessina

They ALL have to go

Spurs21Fan4Ever
Spurs fans have short memories. I too am upset with his arrogance but he's the best mind in basketball history. I can't figure out how Spurs fans can get so angry with Pop and the Big Three with all they've done for us.

TE
04-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Lol I knew that faggot would deflect the blame away from his self. Fucking pasty moon face faggot
:lmao

testies
Sack this piece of shit and let Messina have the car keys.

Boomersgold
Fuck that crater face.

If he had stopped being cute and stopped his hack-a-Jordan shit, we would have been preparing for the next series.

Hack a jordan's worked...In fact, we lost tonight because we didn't utilise it enough.

Warlord23
04-30-2015, 11:40 PM
He didn't give a straight answer to the reporter who asked him if the intentional fouling had thrown the Spurs off their rhythm. At least man up and admit your mistake

timtonymanu
04-30-2015, 11:41 PM
Spurs fans have short memories. I too am upset with his arrogance but he's the best mind in basketball history. I can't figure out how Spurs fans can get so angry with Pop and the Big Three with all they've done for us.

Just because they accomplished stuff in the past, doesn't mean they are immune to criticism. Especially a coaching job like today.

crc21209
04-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Yeah Pop was horrible but he's right. The guys didnt bring the proper energy needed to close out this fucking series...

Mugen

:lmao one of the greatest minds in nba history yet still players literally the worst player in the playoff heavy minutes

timtonymanu
Hack a jordan's worked...In fact, we lost tonight because we didn't utilise it enough.

Really? It worked later on when we were trying to play catch up (of course we would brick every shot anyway to waste it). It was absolutely foolish to do though when the Spurs were hitting 3's and had a 10 point lead.

cd021
04-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Splitter shouldn't be starting. his net Rtg is like -30.

Diaw and Duncan should play until they drop.

TheGoldStandard
What a piece of shit.. it's easy to be the "greatest basketball mind" when you got Tim Duncan carrying you for so long.. Hope he has a heart attack

MI21

Incorrect.

This game was looking like one of those games the Spurs have every series when they just completely blitz the opposition for a quarter... enter Pop.

tmtcsc
Lol, Glenn trolling Pop and calling him "smart". Classic.

Boomersgold
Really? It worked later on when we were trying to play catch up (of course we would brick every shot anyway to waste it). It was absolutely foolish to do though when the Spurs were hitting 3's and had a 10 point lead.

Yeah. When we're down, hack a jordan keeps Paul and Griffin out of their rhythm. It should only be used in the 4th.

noles1983
04-30-2015, 11:44 PM

:lmao:rollin:rollin

K...
I still don't see it. We lost this game by not having enough player's give full effort. No dominate Kawhi or duncan. Best players were marco and Diaw!

timtonymanu
Yeah. When we're down, hack a jordan keeps Paul and Griffin out of their rhythm. It should only be used in the 4th.

Yeah I was talking about the stretch in the 1st half when Pop went to it. We already had a 10 point lead and were in rhythm. Then Pop fucked it all up and we never recovered.

therealtruth
04-30-2015, 11:45 PM

How does putting TD in foul trouble on an instance when Pop didn't want to do it help us?

Clipper Nation
04-30-2015, 11:46 PM
Pop/Yesdoka/BoyYes/HamYes/Yessina

They ALL have to go
Don't forget Yesrique.

loveforthegame
04-30-2015, 11:47 PM
I'm surprised he called out Leonard like that.

tmtcsc
He didn't give a straight answer to the reporter who asked him if the intentional fouling had thrown the Spurs off their rhythm. At least man up and admit your mistake

What did he say? "Maybe? I don't know. I don't think about those sorts of things. I'm not trying to be a wise-guy here. I mean, what do you want me to say? There's no science to it. We like to blow fouls and ruin our momentum."

dabom

What did he say?

tmtcsc
04-30-2015, 11:48 PM
Tim hates being called soft and that's exactly what Pop did. I hope Tim tells Pop to fuck off.

ShooGazer

Lmfao this made my night better

loveforthegame
What did he say?

Pulling the soft card. Leonard was the only one to plat shitty tonight. Had to be calling him out.

spursparker9
04-30-2015, 11:49 PM
Timmy don't seem worried :lol

therealtruth
04-30-2015, 11:50 PM

The reporter asked. We'll see if this group has the heart of a champion.

Warlord23
04-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Timmy looks about ready to retire and throw Pop into the deep end of the pool

baseline bum
04-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Incorrect.

This game was looking like one of those games the Spurs have every series when they just completely blitz the opposition for a quarter... enter Pop.

Yeah, short of 6, I can't think of too many more frustrating losses than this one. And I knew it in my stomach the second he started it halfway through the second quarter. I just wanted to smash my TV the first time they hacked Jordan.

noles1983
Pulling the soft card. Leonard was the only one to plat shitty tonight. Had to be calling him out.

ummmm, most of the team sucked ass

tmtcsc
I feel for bad Tim. He didn't deserve this soft coaching performance.

TheGreatYacht
04-30-2015, 11:53 PM
There's a lot of casuals in here who think Hack-a-Jordan worked...

Spurs are up 10 and can't miss, Clippers are 1/9 from three, Chris Paul is 0/7.... HACKING IS USED TO KILL BOTH TEAM'S MOMENTUM BUT THEY DIDINT HAVE ANY TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!

tmtcsc

Everyone but Bellineli and Diaw sucked tonight but I'm still blaming Pop for this. It could have been different and he pissed it away. How do you not prepare for the high pick and roll that they kept running with Paul, Blake and Jordan?

RD2191
Guess who?

30 mpg
4-12 shooting average
4 assist as starting PG
.500 from the free throw line
1.2 turnovers per game
9.2 ppg
.322 fg%

series average for a certain starting pg

8FOR!3
04-30-2015, 11:54 PM
What a piece of shit.. it's easy to be the "greatest basketball mind" when you got Tim Duncan carrying you for so long.. Hope he has a heart attack

This board really should ban more people.

Like yourself.

Harry Callahan
The Clippers are weak enough mentally to lose again at home. They don't have a home court advantage out there.

It's really frustrating watching some of our formerly great players struggle against losers like the Clippers.

I have a feeling Kawhi is going open up a can of angry whoop ass on the Clippers.

There are no more second chances now.

BTW, the Clippers are still whining phony bitches. All of them.

Bill Simmons of ESPN is a Clippers season ticket holder and he still dislikes most of their players.

I guess he is more of a Boston and NBA fan.

100%duncan
Lol faggot never owning up to his fucked up strats and rotations. Go die drinking winenif you are tired of coaching

MI21
04-30-2015, 11:57 PM
Yeah, short of 6, I can't think of too many more frustrating losses than this one. And I knew it in my stomach the second he started it halfway through the second quarter. I just wanted to smash my TV the first time they hacked Jordan.

Yeah and then the missed travel on Crawford sealed the deal for me, easily one of the most frustrating losses. It had all the ingredients that generally lead to disappointing Spurs losses in the playoffs (poor coaching, star player completely folding, blatant call missed in dying moments).

therealtruth
Everyone but Bellineli and Diaw sucked tonight but I'm still blaming Pop for this. It could have been different and he pissed it away. How do you not prepare for the high pick and roll that they kept running with Paul, Blake and Jordan?

The Clippers are moving on it. Pop needs to take the fine and call out the officials.

DMC
Back to pragmatism: It doesn't matter. This Spurs team is in no shape to go to the next round. They lost this playoffs by losing to that shithole team in New Orleans in a game that would have put them at HCA at the start of the series. If you cannot win the most important game of the regular season against a scrub team that couldn't muster one fucking playoff win, you don't deserve to be here. It sucks to say that about our own team, but it is what it is. Spurs are indeed soft, so is Pop, so are the asst coaches. They are soft because they don't fucking CARE because everyone is thinking about retirement and summertime and they just got a ring at the beginning of the season, so they feel like they won already. Kawhi is the DPOY so he's got his award.

Just be happy they made it back to the playoffs, and don't be shocked to see the same lineup next year for a few games while they are healthy. They aren't walking away from the cash cow that is the SA fan base as long as they can walk and dribble a ball, which kind of puts Danny as the odd man out.

ducks
05-01-2015, 12:01 AM
No steals for Leonard last 2 games

tmtcsc
05-01-2015, 12:03 AM
The Clippers aren't that good and that's what makes this so frustrating. They are one of the most mentally weak teams in the league. They are laughing their asses off right now. The hack a whoever is a bullshit move that shouldn't be used unless its necessary. It sure as hell shouldn't be used like its just some sort of tool like a time out.

God, what a disappointing and pathetic loss. You knew this thing was over after 3 quarters. Diaw answering questions with class and not blaming Pop.

K...
05-01-2015, 12:03 AM
uh if we are 3 we might still have played the clips and they've won twice on our court. You think home court would make the diff on a seven game series the way these two teams have played? It's been absolutely crazy to think no team has been able to use home court advantage successfully. If there is a silver lining it's that the Clippers tense up in a game 7 and the spurs can hack through.

loveforthegame
05-01-2015, 12:05 AM

I know. I'm being sarcastic because there are plenty who are trying to pin this solely on Leonard. He was among many who shit the bed.

K...
05-01-2015, 12:05 AM
The Clippers aren't that good and that's what makes this so frustrating. They are one of the most mentally weak teams in the league. They are laughing their asses off right now. The hack a whoever is a bullshit move that shouldn't be used unless its necessary. It sure as hell shouldn't be used like its just some sort of tool like a time out.

God, what a disappointing and pathetic loss. You knew this thing was over after 3 quarters. Diaw answering questions with class and not blaming Pop.

Uh they were the most mentally weak team, this year they have looked legit. Based on their perf tonight, and through the series are you not going to say they are a top 5 team this year? They have weaknesses of course but not as many as the spurs have right now. Clips houston should be good, although i have hope for 7 and am not checking out prematurely.

tmtcsc
05-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Uh they were the most mentally weak team, this year they have looked legit. Based on their perf tonight, and through the series are you not going to say they are a top 5 team this year? They have weaknesses of course but not as many as the spurs have right now. Clips houston should be good, although i have hope for 7 and am not checking out prematurely.

Blake has looked like a stud in this series and so has Paul. I didn't want to believe it, but the truth is, we don't have enough to win it all this year. Tony and Tiago not being 100% and Manu's age will be the end of the Spurs this season. Tim has done everything and more to contribute to another championship run but those dudes have let him down. Mills righted himself, Belli stepped up and Pop shit the bed.

Cloud786
05-01-2015, 12:11 AM
How does putting TD in foul trouble on an instance when Pop didn't want to do it help us?

There was a miscommunication. Duncan was not suppose to foul there.

TheGreatYacht
05-01-2015, 12:13 AM
Nigga was a baby back bitch when he saw a screen coming

TDfan2007
05-01-2015, 12:19 AM
He should have. Our guards did a piss-poor job of getting around screens. The only perimeter player who played worth a damn tonight was Marco.

Timmy also looked oddly disengaged tonight. Very strange to see.

Slippy
05-01-2015, 12:24 AM
The Clippers are moving on it. Pop needs to take the fine and call out the officials.
That's the part I couldn't get . At the 1.20 mark for the Reddick three was the most obvious moving screen for the game that was missed. Blake literally jumped on the move . Pops worked the refs before in games, getting into their heads is part of the game . For the most part of this game he was quiet.

therealtruth
05-01-2015, 12:37 AM
There was a miscommunication. Duncan was not suppose to foul there.

It comes with the territory. Just the same way the Clippers can get an offensive rebound if DJ misses.

spursparker9
05-01-2015, 12:43 AM

Its okay.

DPOY is in the bag already :toast

TheGreatYacht
05-01-2015, 12:45 AM
Calling out the refs will hurt his ego, c'mon man it's easier to blame the players

dabom
05-01-2015, 12:45 AM
They are double picking Kawhi and he's not getting any help and Pop ain't fucking making any adjustments. And they are all fucking moving screens and Kawhi not going to flop when he gets a moving screen on him.

UZER
05-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Did he pulled it out of his ass? Did he find his head in there while he was looking?

jbspurs
05-01-2015, 01:51 AM

:toast

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-01-2015, 02:02 AM
In regards to Kawhi, I think there is such a thing as playing "too hard". You still have to be kind of loose, still fully engaged, but loose to the degree that allows you to play YOUR game. JJ lit Kawhi up tonight, and fighting through screens isn't fun, but he can be too diligent and hard on himself. I didn't see Kawhi take a single fadeaway jumper from the post-up, that's how I know Kawhi wasn't playing his game tonight. However, I'm talking about a champion, so expect him to be our most effective player come Saturday.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 02:03 AM
I wish Pop had a little Belichick in him, tbh..

RD2191
05-01-2015, 02:06 AM
In regards to Kawhi, I think there is such a thing as playing "too hard". You still have to be kind of loose, still fully engaged, but loose to the degree that allows you to play YOUR game. JJ lit Kawhi up tonight, and fighting through screens isn't fun, but he can be too diligent and hard on himself. I didn't see Kawhi take a single fadeaway jumper from the post-up, that's how I know Kawhi wasn't playing his game tonight. However, I'm talking about a champion, so expect him to be our most effective player come Saturday.
Man, alot of his shots just rimmed out tonight. Was just an off night imo. It also sucks that he has to cover for Parker on defense. This was Redicks best game of the series I think. He's been doing good job on him.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-01-2015, 02:08 AM
Man, alot of his shots just rimmed out tonight. Was just an off night imo. It also sucks that he has to cover for Parker on defense. This was Redicks best game of the series I think. He's been doing good job on him.

He really has, and if the Clippers advance, JJ is going to average 19ppg against the Rockets.

kobyz
05-01-2015, 02:54 AM
We are soft all series, Pop shoul have address it earlier...

mkurts
05-01-2015, 04:08 AM
Unshit the Shitter, throw away the putrid pork crackles and put soylent green in the eviscerator asap

ThaBigFundamental21
05-01-2015, 04:50 AM

I agree. When everything is clicking for the Spurs and they start hacking Jordan it takes us out of our rhythm and let's the Clippers off the hook. This isn't the first time this series he has fucked the Spurs momentum by hacking Jordan.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-01-2015, 04:54 AM

It seems like all series the Offense has had an off night. The Spurs can't seem to get their Offense clicking. Oh well. It all comes down to one game. In LA.

spurraider21
05-01-2015, 04:57 AM
I still don't see it. We lost this game by not having enough player's give full effort. No dominate Kawhi or duncan. Best players were marco and Diaw!
this is how i see it too. people need their scapegoat though. as long as its not duncan/kawhi

BatManu20
05-01-2015, 04:57 AM
Splitter literally gets pushed around by guards and wing players out there. When your Center is allowing that, it sorta sets the tone for the opposing team that you're kind of a pussy, and your team is soft. That's not going to suddenly stop.

perfectdark
05-01-2015, 06:09 AM
never seen this kind of self-sabotage by a coach before. Insisting on garbage man Parker when Mills and Beli are both on fire....

Raven
05-01-2015, 06:58 AM
pop needs to ditch tony until he's healthy enough

MateoNeygro
05-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Green- 3/9 FG- 1/5 Three's (which were mainly wide open)
Leonard- 3/15 FG 4 TO's and Reddick torched him.
Parker- 4/12 FG 2 TO's
Splitter 3/6 FG and 3/8 FTs

Pop isn't responsible for his players shooting like dog shit. They missed so many shots and so many opportunities to knot the game up or cut the deficit much earlier in the 4th.

r0drig0lac
05-01-2015, 07:11 AM

he's playing mediocre defense in the last two games tbh

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2015, 07:11 AM
That fag Popovich should look in the mirror! He fuckin blow on Doc Rivers last night!

BOHOLANO#21
05-01-2015, 07:16 AM
Green- 3/9 FG- 1/5 Three's (which were mainly wide open)
Leonard- 3/15 FG 4 TO's and Reddick torched him.
Parker- 4/12 FG 2 TO's
Splitter 3/6 FG and 3/8 FTs

Pop isn't responsible for his players shooting like dog shit. They missed so many shots and so many opportunities to knot the game up or cut the deficit much earlier in the 4th.
Popovich was responsible for putting players or pussies in. He benched Mills and Bellinelli when both players where responsible for taking the lead by 9 points. The players with those stats can't help if crater faced Popovich called their numbers, what do you expect them to do, tell Popovich to play Mills or Bellinelli?

z0sa
05-01-2015, 07:17 AM

Didnt double check it, but huge if correct.

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 07:28 AM
Some of the players really playing like they are ready for vacation

Budkin
05-01-2015, 07:45 AM
Pop just wants to get to that vineyard.

UZER
05-01-2015, 07:49 AM
"Its just basketball" - pop

Gervin44Silas13
05-01-2015, 08:45 AM
It did we had a fucking 10 pt lead and they got back into the game

Crater face motherfucker

loveforthegame
05-01-2015, 10:52 AM

This is a surprise to someone?

Leonard's strength in steals is being able to play/disrupt the passing lanes foremost. Not going to happen out on the perimeter guarding one of the best ball handlers in the league. Or having to fight through multiple screens chasing Reddick whose only job is to shoot.

If we could trust Parker to actually guard either Paul or Reddick (whoever Green isn't guarding) we could let Leonard sag off Barnes to help.