PDA

View Full Version : Duncan/Diaw/Leonard/Belinelli/Mills

playbonner15
05-01-2015, 04:40 AM
That's the best lineup that this team have so far. Instead we still get Parker/Green in there.

Fkn Pop:bang

james evans
05-01-2015, 07:37 AM
It has to be. I just can't fukin take any more of green and parker. Those guys offer absolutely NOTHING on the offensive end. nothing!!!

Raven
05-01-2015, 07:38 AM
and paul goes for 60points

Ginobilly
05-01-2015, 08:08 AM
It has to be. I just can't fukin take any more of green and parker. Those guys offer absolutely NOTHING on the offensive end. nothing!!!

Splitter, Green, and Parker! That's 3 players right there with limited offensive game(Parker at this point of his career is another Rondo) and all three of them can't hit a midrange shot to save their lives. (Green can't dribble a ball also)

There is no spacing on the floor! Everything is crowded with the starting lineup! I would start Diaw next game and Manu. Bring in Green off the bench fresh to throw at paul. Either Manu or Mills starting. CP3 has it easy with a gimpy, slow Parker that can't hit the ocean. At least with mills he has respect his offense.

Boomersgold
05-01-2015, 08:12 AM
and paul goes for 60points

With Leonard guarding him? Doubt it.

Raven
05-01-2015, 08:33 AM
With Leonard guarding him? Doubt it.

clearly you have not been watching much of their matchups..

Boomersgold
05-01-2015, 09:51 AM
clearly you have not been watching much of their matchups..

Clearly, you haven't. If Green isn't on him, it's been Kawhi. Mills guards Crawford and Parker guards Matt Barnes. Bellineli's usually on Redick if they're on at the same time.

Raven
05-01-2015, 10:00 AM
Clearly, you haven't. If Green isn't on him, it's been Kawhi. Mills guards Crawford and Parker guards Matt Barnes. Bellineli's usually on Redick if they're on at the same time.

yes, and he is being murdered.

ceperez
05-01-2015, 10:00 AM
The difference has been that the Clippers have screens for all their shooters. I didn't see enough screens for Belinelli or Mills. Green can't shoot on the move, but I like him in there for his defense.

Parker, Manu and Splitter are not playing anywhere near their potential.

Doc Rivers may have figured out the Spurs, he finally rested his players by playing more of his bench.

Leonard needs to get the ball at the right spot to be effective. He can't create if he get the ball too far out on the court.

Overall the game was winnable but that hack a DJ just ruined momentum. Entirely stupid play.

kobexxx
05-01-2015, 10:50 AM
Cant start Mills. He's not a playmaker, just 3 pt shooter, quite limited.
Beli got lucky for one game, not reason to start him over Green.

EIC
05-01-2015, 11:06 AM

"Just a 3-point shooter" is better than a player who is "just a nothing" at this point.

dabom
05-01-2015, 12:48 PM
"Just a 3-point shooter" is better than a player who is "just a nothing" at this point.

What does ton parker do better than mills at this point? Mills is 10X better than tony as a shooter. 10X better defender than tony too.

ElNono
05-01-2015, 01:07 PM

Beli had a consistently above average PER for the entire series. (check my PER thread)

testies
05-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Belli made insanely tough shot over DeMonkey on that game 2

cjw
05-01-2015, 01:23 PM
What does ton parker do better than mills at this point? Mills is 10X better than tony as a shooter. 10X better defender than tony too.

Lots of overreaction in here to Mills, who was crap all year and has strung together a few good games. Maybe he's back to his old self?

Only reason I'd want to see more minutes from Tony off the bench is because he's better able to take advantage of the Clippers in the ~10 minutes DJ is off the floor by driving to the hoop. Mills' game doesn't rely on that. Also, you can run more of the offense through Kawhi in those minutes and run screens for Mills / others away from the ball.

rasuo214
05-01-2015, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a no PG lineup when the Clippers have Crawford, Redick and CP3 out there. Something like Manu-Danny-KL-Diaw-Duncan.

EVAY
05-01-2015, 04:38 PM

You were doing so well until that last sentence. Then you went and ruined your credibility.

Tbh, Parker does run the offensive sets better than anyone not named Manu. But you are right about Mills being the better shooter, at least right now. But he is not a better defender. Mills is a pure shooter and he is great in that role and if we used Diaw to run the point we could probably start Duncan, Splitter, Leonard, Mills and Diaw. But Mills doesn't run the point in Pop's system. When he is in there, chaos reigns, and that is actually very useful after the predictable Spur's offensive sets that have been run again and again before Mills gets in there.

Mills brings energy and a shooter's eye and a shooter's lack of conscience. In the midst of a game, that is terrific, and often discombobulates the opposition. If he were to start and try to play within the confines of Pop's system for 36 minutes or so, he would either implode or simply become passive.

Spurs da champs
05-01-2015, 04:42 PM
Kawhi just can't handle the scteens with Paul, when Cp3 tried to play 1 on 1 he didn't score, Green is still the choice for Paul, it was kinda sad to watch Green struggle with Reddick, tbh.

FkLA
05-01-2015, 05:34 PM
Kawhi just can't handle the scteens with Paul, when Cp3 tried to play 1 on 1 he didn't score, Green is still the choice for Paul, it was kinda sad to watch Green struggle with Reddick, tbh.

Green has done a great job on Paul and Kawhi has done a great job on Reddick. It was fucking infuriating to see Pop switch those match-ups for the hell of it in the 4th Qtr yesterday.

Lakers999
05-01-2015, 05:41 PM
if you guys are having problems with green we will take him your hands :)

FkLA
05-01-2015, 05:44 PM
I have a feeling Pop is going to start Diaw and Manu. I have no problem with him going down with Manu, just wish he would insert Patty into the starting line-up.

Spurs da champs
05-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Green has done a great job on Paul and Kawhi has done a great job on Reddick. It was fucking infuriating to see Pop switch those match-ups for the hell of it in the 4th Qtr yesterday.

Yup, than Pop didn't put Tim on Griffin...smh.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 05:59 PM
Ya, putting Kawhi on Paul and Green on Redick was just a strange decision, it's like Pop isn't even trying anymore:lol..

According to SportsVu, Paul is shooting like 60+% when Kawhi is defending him IIRC, not to mention it eliminates his ability as a help defender(which he is the best in the league at)..