PDA

View Full Version : Ginobili .............. dont get me started

lebomb
05-01-2015, 06:48 AM
He has totally lost his game. Ive pretty much have not seen a fall off in skills this fast in one season since Stevie Franchise. Damn, this is really sad. :depressed

lebomb
05-01-2015, 06:57 AM
He was miss timing his assists (passes), he could not dream of hitting a jumper, he was slow on defense. His game has basically left him. Time to retire IMHO. Great career, but its time to move on.

MateoNeygro
05-01-2015, 06:58 AM
Tony Parker says hi.

lebomb
05-01-2015, 07:03 AM
Tony Parker says hi.

Tony has been hurt. He somewhat gets a pass. His skills have diminished some, but not like Ginobili.

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 07:04 AM
Manu was bad, but he didn't play many minutes. TP, on the other hand ...

baseline bum
05-01-2015, 07:08 AM
Tony has been hurt. He somewhat gets a pass. His skills have diminished some, but not like Ginobili.

Same Tony Parker we have seen all season save March. Once the speed went his game was gone. Tony is the anti-Duncan when it comes to battling father time.

lebomb
05-01-2015, 07:09 AM
Manu was bad, but he didn't play many minutes. TP, on the other hand ...

Im not just talking about last night........Im talking the entire series.

MateoNeygro
05-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Im not just talking about last night........Im talking the entire series.

Tony has been far worse than Ginobili this series. If you are hurt and costing this team, you need to not be selfish and sit the fuck down. Is Tony really hurt or just too prideful to admit he's lost a lot of speed and quickness?

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 07:55 AM
They are both worn down. It is their style of play that has hurt them longevity-wise vs Timmeh.

Pocho La Pantera
05-01-2015, 08:03 AM
He is tired and old. But he is not the reason why the Spurs lost.

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 08:04 AM
Glad you people have finally caught up with the few of us who called this out YEARS ago.

Pocho La Pantera
05-01-2015, 08:18 AM
Glad you people have finally caught up with the few of us who called this out YEARS ago.
A few years ago you were wrong, even last year you were, 5th ring says hi

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 08:37 AM
A few years ago you were wrong, even last year you were, 5th ring says hi

One so so year year after three bad ones, now add this epic steaming pile. Trends and averages say hi.

6 says LOLZ.

Pocho La Pantera
05-01-2015, 08:48 AM
One so so year year after three bad ones, now add this epic steaming pile. Trends and averages say hi.

6 says LOLZ.
You are an idiot. He ran the offense last year because your boyfriend shitted the bed. At 37! You were wrong but nobody gives a fuck .

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 09:06 AM
You are an idiot. He ran the offense last year because your boyfriend shitted the bed. At 37! You were wrong but nobody gives a fuck .

Apparently you do... I don't have a bf either--ask your sister AND your gf--but your homoerotic obsessiveness is interesting. :lol

Ran the offense huh? LOLZ.

Terard.

G-Dawgg
05-01-2015, 09:13 AM
Tbh, don't hate on Ginobili. Danny Green, and Parker are playing worse...

pgardn
05-01-2015, 09:26 AM

We got a championship with this old crew with probably the best basketball ever witnessed in the NBA.
so...
STFU. 5

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 09:28 AM
Somewhere there's a Skull-1 thread where he was absolutely gizzing himself over the great play of Manu in game 5 last year. I'm too lazy to search for it and bump it.

pgardn
05-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Gino has really declined in his lateral movement. If we had another PG, he might still be useful in a position that allows him to pass more than dribble. And he can still hit the 3, I have no doubt about that. But he will not be as accurate given he is our 2nd best PG and has to dribble instead of move to the correct spot and shoot.

Roles must change. We need a true PG to spell a beat up and older Parker next season. Or even start if we could manage.

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Somewhere there's a Skull-1 thread where he was absolutely gizzing himself over the great play of Manu in game 5 last year. I'm too lazy to search for it and bump it.Yeah for about two minutes he played great. Get out of my grille. Never had a beef with you so chill the hell out.

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 09:49 AM
We got a championship with this old crew with probably the best basketball ever witnessed in the NBA.
so...
STFU. 5

Yep. The system kept Manu from being exposed as a has been like the years before...and now.

mercos
05-01-2015, 09:50 AM
Ginobili has been declining for the past few years. He's 37. Not everyone can be Tim Duncan.

itsamanuthree
05-01-2015, 10:10 AM
So Skull's basically saying he saw this coming, he actually realized years ago Manu would at some point age and his game would eventually decline.

No shit Sherlock :lol

You just happened to be wrong about when that happened and Manu buttfucked you with his performance the whole playoffs last year.

It was most definitely not "for about two minutes", as you say, and you know it, nazi retard.

Pauleta14
05-01-2015, 11:11 AM
WTF the attacks on Manu?

He played only 14min with NO TURNOVERS and he is the reason we lost???

Spurstalk knows how to treat it's legends... :lol

testies
05-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Skull is a fucking retard. Well, all Parker fanboys are.

Pocho La Pantera
05-01-2015, 11:18 AM
WTF the attacks on Manu?

He played only 14min with NO TURNOVERS and he is the reason we lost???

Spurstalk knows how to treat it's legends... :lolpathetic, same thing with Pop and Tony.

Johnsyounger
05-01-2015, 11:19 AM
We ride and die with Manu. Its the only way....

Pauleta14
05-01-2015, 11:27 AM
Same Tony Parker we have seen all season save March. Once the speed went his game was gone. Tony is the anti-Duncan when it comes to battling father time.

:lmao wtf...

Duncan is unique!

You can say the same thing about almost every players in the league..

Tony is like 99% of the players when injured and passed 32...

Spurstalk: "What a faggot/Asshole/pussy... for being injured"

Never gets old, keep the good work guys... :lol

vander
05-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Usually people say "don't get me started" when someone else brings up the topic

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 11:32 AM

Duncan is unique!

The French pig stopped being an impact player at age 30. He's been carried by his teammates the past two years. That's extremely poor longevity. Look at how Nash and Stockton played into their late 30s. Their elite shooting/passing kept them relevant into their twilight years. Tony's decline at age 31 just proves he was never that skilled. Just really quick.

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 11:33 AM
So Skull's basically saying he saw this coming, he actually realized years ago Manu would at some point age and his game would eventually decline.

No shit Sherlock :lol

You just happened to be wrong about when that happened and Manu buttfucked you with his performance the whole playoffs last year.

It was most definitely not "for about two minutes", as you say, and you know it, nazi retard.

Lmfao. Dude screwed us out of two championships and got us bounced in the first round. Threw up another couple of boners during that span. Has one decent run based on a system nobody could defend and somehow he is BatManu again.

Bro, you're dreaming in technicolor.

The dude has been washed up for five years. He should have retired. Just like the patient that seems to begin a recovery right before he dies.....so goeth Turnobili. Good riddance.

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 11:35 AM
Skull is a fucking retard. Well, all Parker fanboys are.

Lmao! I have NEVER been a fanboi of Parker. Ever. He has always been my least favorite Spur and I have made that quite clear for years... Moron.

RD2191
05-01-2015, 11:38 AM
I remember when me, skull 1, and thegreatyacht used to shit on Manu.:lol

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 11:39 AM
I remember when me, skull 1, and thegreatyacht used to shit on Manu.:lol

Hell yes. We were right, too. :toast

itsamanuthree
05-01-2015, 11:42 AM
No, it's not that way, you see, your thinking is all fucked up. When manu makes mistakes and we loose, you are blaming it on him, despite the whole team playing a part in the failure. When he plays a key role in the run to the championship, he has according to you a "decent" run in a system.

Well, make your fucking mind up, man.

I'm not dennying his reponsability in those championships we lost, but you are not thinking stright here, is obvious, you are driven by hate and frustration.

It's ok though, I'm not going to keep talking to you, I know already what sort of person you are, a bigoted motherfucking nazi. So, not much point.

Bye bye

Old School 44
05-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Yes, Ginobili's game has dropped off, but I wonder if he's suffering from some nagging injury this series. I think it was in the 3rd quarter during a long timeout he was running sprints on the baseline near the bench like he was trying to stay loose and/or test his ability to cut/move.

Pauleta14
05-01-2015, 11:56 AM
The French pig stopped being an impact player at age 30. He's been carried by his teammates the past two years. That's extremely poor longevity. Look at how Nash and Stockton played into their late 30s. Their elite shooting/passing kept them relevant into their twilight years. Tony's decline at age 31 just proves he was never that skilled. Just really quick.

Man, I don't care about your or hate lack of respect for Parker (pig? really?:lol) but at least don't re-write history...

The past 2 years?

2 years ago was probably the best season of his career ans last year was more that descent, leading the team in point and assists and shooting close to 50% again...

You might not like the guy (I don't tbh) or the player, but at least try to be honest..:lol

If you wanna compare him with other PG, don't forget the type of game he has and the dependance this one has on his physical abilities, the miles, the number of games/minutes played, the fact that he started at 19 in nba... and 15 yo playing against grown ups...

:toast

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 11:57 AM
No, it's not that way, you see, your thinking is all fucked up. When manu makes mistakes and we loose, you are blaming it on him, despite the whole team playing a part in the failure. When he plays a key role in the run to the championship, he has according to you a "decent" run in a system.

Well, make your fucking mind up, man.

I'm not dennying his reponsability in those championships we lost, but you are not thinking stright here, is obvious, you are driven by hate and frustration.

It's ok though, I'm not going to keep talking to you, I know already what sort of person you are, a bigoted motherfucking nazi. So, not much point.

Bye bye

lmfao! Nazi. Hahahaha idiot. You lose.

Yes, I am a ingot for criticizing a fellow white guy. :lol. Logic fail.

But to make a point, any way... A system can overcome deficiencies to a certain point. But no system can overcome Manu when he is staggering like a drunk and falling down to lose the ball or passing it right to the Heat, the refs, the crowd, etc.--the guy can't contain himself. He refuses to change. Good riddance to him.

MateoNeygro
05-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Hoping Tony can turn back the clock for a few games this playoffs. He's clearly struggling now that his quickness/speed is lacking but he can still have a big game here or there.

Pocho La Pantera
05-01-2015, 12:12 PM
Lmao! I have NEVER been a fanboi of Parker. Ever. He has always been my least favorite Spur and I have made that quite clear for years... Moron.ok, you're just a retard.

kaji157
05-01-2015, 12:14 PM
I don´t get the point of bashing a 37 year old player for not performing when your starting PG and SG are looking that they are afraid to take a shot.
i am really sory, but Ginobili stated at the begining of the season that he was not focal point of anything on this team. He wasn´t suppoused to.
Last year he carried us through the first round offensivelly, and with Tim had a great OKC series, finishing on a very solid finals. But that was more a result of him being able to not force things because the team was playing great and he saved some energy that way.
This year he was great in december and then his game fell off.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 12:16 PM
Man, I don't care about your or hate lack of respect for Parker (pig? really?:lol) but at least don't re-write history...

The past 2 years?

2 years ago was probably the best season of his career ans last year was more that descent, leading the team in point and assists and shooting close to 50% again...

You might not like the guy (I don't tbh) or the player, but at least try to be honest..:lol

If you wanna compare him with other PG, don't forget the type of game he has and the dependance this one has on his physical abilities, the miles, the number of games/minutes played, the fact that he started at 19 in nba... and 15 yo playing against grown ups...

:toast

By two years I meant this season and last season. You can see the beginning of Porker's decline last year:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243347&p=7779623&viewfull=1#post7779623

ElNono
05-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Please, don't derail this thread. This thread is about hating on a 37 year old dude that's too old to bail out 3 of our starters...

Carry on...

baseline bum
05-01-2015, 12:38 PM

Duncan is unique!

Parker's obviously hurt, but he was pretty awful when healthy this season. His defense has completely fallen off a cliff and he's aging like Iverson. Sad to see because he'll always be one of my favorite Spurs ever, but the team is going to have to look hard at salary dumping him this offseason if Tim and Manu retire.

itsamanuthree
05-01-2015, 12:53 PM
:lol

Brazil
05-01-2015, 02:22 PM
Please, don't derail this thread. This thread is about hating on a 37 year old dude that's too old to bail out 3 of our starters...

Carry on...

:lol look who is mad

ElNono
05-01-2015, 02:23 PM
:lol look who is mad

who? :lol

Brazil
05-01-2015, 02:25 PM
who? :lol

You :lol

ElNono
05-01-2015, 02:27 PM
You :lol

:lol how?

This thread was going perfectly fine until somebody tried to make it a Tony hate thread, tbh...

hitmanyr2k
05-01-2015, 02:55 PM

Duncan is unique!

Court vision and decision making shouldn't take a hit if you're playing hurt. To put it bluntly Parker is a sub-par point guard and a low IQ player. He's an undersized SG that takes forced shots. He still thinks this team revolves around him offensively even when he's stinking it up and always looks to get himself going first and foremost. He has no clue how to be a floor general, how to identify a mismatch and direct his team to take advantage of it, or to control the pace of a game. He ignores open shooters more than any other point guard I've ever seen. If Parker isn't scoring he's basically worthless in all other aspects of the game. That's just being honest.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Court vision and decision making shouldn't take a hit if you're playing hurt. To put it bluntly Parker is a sub-par point guard and a low IQ player. He's an undersized SG that takes forced shots. He still thinks this team revolves around him offensively even when he's stinking it up and always looks to get himself going first and foremost. He has no clue how to be a floor general, how to identify a mismatch and direct his team to take advantage of it, or to control the pace of a game. He ignores open shooters more than any other point guard I've ever seen. If Parker isn't scoring he's basically worthless in all other aspects of the game. That's just being honest.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 03:12 PM

:wow

TDfan2007
05-01-2015, 05:04 PM

Boom goes the dynamite...

Diego20
05-01-2015, 05:12 PM

:bobo

FkLA
05-01-2015, 05:15 PM

:bobo

FkLA
05-01-2015, 05:18 PM

Brah Manu is 38 years old, his body has failed him. Despite that he's still averaging more APG in considerably less minutes. As bad as he's shooting he's still not as bad as TP. If anybody has failed this team it's Enrique.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Brah Manu is 38 years old, his body has failed him. Despite that he's still averaging more APG in considerably less minutes. As bad as he's shooting he's still not as bad as TP. If anybody has failed this team it's Enrique.

OP proudly tosses salad, his opinion is irrelevant, tbh:lol..

Mikeanaro
05-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Court Vision? he is not blind he can see the whole court I dont get what you mean
Undersized? he is like 6´8¨ thats a nice height to play even SF.
The team doesnt revolve around him, it evolves.
Doesnt need to be a general, this is not a war.
Dude knows about pace and rhythm, has lots of successful rap albums.
He´s never ignoring players he is just a very sensitive guy and some players hurts his ego but he knows they are there.
How can he be worthless? He is so valuable that our coach gives him plenty of minutes.

:boboJust kidding.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Yeah for about two minutes he played great. Get out of my grille. Never had a beef with you so chill the hell out.

Ginobili was amazing in last year's playoffs, what the hell were you watching, G?:lol..

Diego20
05-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Court Vision? he is not blind he can see the whole court I dont get what you mean
Undersized? he is like 6´8¨ thats a nice height to play even SF.
The team doesnt revolve around him, it evolves.
Doesnt need to be a general, this is not a war.
Dude knows about pace and rhythm, has lots of successful rap albums.
He´s never ignoring players he is just a very sensitive guy and some players hurts his ego but he knows they are there.
How can he be worthless? He is so valuable that our coach gives him plenty of minutes.

:boboJust kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MnvNJ6aY1c

Pauleta14
05-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Parker's obviously hurt, but he was pretty awful when healthy this season. His defense has completely fallen off a cliff and he's aging like Iverson. Sad to see because he'll always be one of my favorite Spurs ever, but the team is going to have to look hard at salary dumping him this offseason if Tim and Manu retire.

I totaly agree on that.

My point concerned the way a lot of posters talking about Tony and Manu.

These guys did things for their franchise that will never be done again in term of commitment, unselfishness, longevity... (same for Timmy) and they deserve a minimum of respect.

I know most of them are trolls who need/create a occupation, but a lot of "decent" posters tend to forget to look at the big picture...

I mean, how ABSURD it is to think a player (Tony or Thiago for ex) is a pussy because he is injured and can't have a normal production? honnestly...:lol

Pauleta14
05-01-2015, 05:56 PM

:lmao That was the best part...

baseline bum
05-01-2015, 06:12 PM
I totaly agree on that.

My point concerned the way a lot of posters talking about Tony and Manu.

These guys did things for their franchise that will never be done again in term of commitment, unselfishness, longevity... (same for Timmy) and they deserve a minimum of respect.

I know most of them are trolls who need/create a occupation, but a lot of "decent" posters tend to forget to look at the big picture...

I mean, how ABSURD it is to think a player (Tony or Thiago for ex) is a pussy because he is injured and can't have a normal production? honnestly...:lol

Nah, Tony's a warrior, he's just washed up. Splitter is a pussy though, same bullshit every year but 2014.

DJB
05-01-2015, 06:21 PM

Spot on. I have never completely been sold on TP his entire career with the Spurs. I've also thought that he was pretty much overrated and never once thought that he was truly ever a top 5 PG in the league, like some people on this board seem to think. I never once got offended that TP wasn't in a top 5 PG list by analysts, bc he's just not. He is not a true PG, never has been. I also completely agree with the playing "hurt" statement. I don't think Tony is THAT injured. I think he's lost a step as quick as Steve Francis, like someone else mentioned. I think he's done.

AusEM
05-01-2015, 07:19 PM

That is not completely fair. Tony grew up as a player to be what the Spurs system needed him to be.
Unfortunately, the main things the system needed from Tony were his speed and ability to keep the
dribble alive until one of the sets could be executed.
Do you think Tony and the whole Spurs organization did not know that developing a 3 point shot
would make it much harder for other players to defend him? Tony became the player the Spurs needed
him to be. In the beginning was facilitating the pick and roll with Duncan. When Duncan got older it
was running a lot more (and faster, surrounded by non-athletic Spurs in a highly athletic league) than
any other Spur on offense while multiple sets were tried until one provided a good shot.
I do not know him personally and from some of his quotes/stories ("I can't believe they let him open, we
are no longer contending, it is hard to be motivated against lesser teams, torn rotator is nothing", Barry sexting)
one may think he is not the ultimate team player. And yes, it is extremely annoying to hear about "injuries" every
single time he has a bad game.
But from a Spurs basketball perspective? He did exactly what the Spurs told him to do. Even if it was not
his preferred way of playing. Pop used Tim's skills as best as he could. He also let Manu be whoever he was as
a player. He made Parker change the way he played to fit the system.

Skull-1
05-02-2015, 06:40 AM
ok, you're just a retard.

Says the idiot who can't punctuate. Irony says hello. :lol