PDA

View Full Version : "Our goal is when Vince Young leaves here, he won't be a candidate for the Heisman."

tlongII
09-07-2005, 02:05 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/4844712

Gotta love the smack talk!

Horry For 3!
09-07-2005, 04:11 PM
Doesn't matter what they think, they have never faced a guy like Vince.

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 04:13 PM
ask Earnest Shazor

tlongII
09-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Doesn't matter what they think, they have never faced a guy like Vince.

Ohio State is loaded with linebackers. Vince will be limping off the field.

samikeyp
09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
To which his teammate clarified:

No smoking zone: Bobby Schlegel said the regarding fellow Ohio State linebacker Bobby Carpenter's comments about Texas quarterback Vince Young is overblown.

After the Buckeyes' victory over Miami of Ohio, Carpenter said, "Our goal is when Vince Young leaves here he won't be a candidate for the Heisman."

"Coach D'Antonio (ex-defensive coordinator) always has said, don't let anyone leave here a Heisman Trophy candidate," Schlegel said. "If a guy leaves here a Heisman candidate, that means he smoked us."

link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/football/stories/MYSA090705.5C.FBCnotebook.aggies.12de9b41.html)

FromWayDowntown
09-07-2005, 05:01 PM
I suspect that the Buckeyes are going to use a lot of the same defensive ideas that OU used against Vince last year.

Lots of Cover 9 with a stuffed box and a fast LB or safety devoted to following Vince wherever he goes. I wouldn't be surprised if they used linebackers as the contain guys, rather than defensive ends (as would be typical). They'll play games in the middle to challenge the offensive line, and on passing downs, I'd expect some blitzes to come from unusual places.

Ultimately, I think -- like OU has in the past -- they'll try to make Vince beat them with his arm and gamble that he can't do it. It's a huge test.

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 05:04 PM
by in the past you mean last year

Horry For 3!
09-07-2005, 05:07 PM
I can't stand Ohio State's Linebackers...I'd fuck em up.

50 cent
09-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Ohio State has tons of defensive speed. They will contain Vince and make him throw the ball to beat them. I predict 2 interceptions from Vince.

FromWayDowntown
09-07-2005, 05:12 PM
by in the past you mean last year

I mean in the way that OU has used its schemes to shut down running QBs since Stoops got to Norman.

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 05:13 PM
They will contain Vince and make him throw the ball to beat them.
that has been every gameplan Vince has ever faced

Cant_Be_Faded
09-07-2005, 05:34 PM
hahaha so classic

its like "ehhhh we're just gonna try and tackle vince, to focus on him and stop him from running"

every fuckign team has tried this and none have succeeded

OU last year > Ohio this year

Mr Dio
09-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Ohio State is loaded with linebackers. Vince will be limping off the field.

Open mouth & insert Lamb Hoof!

Kdfelicity
09-14-2005, 09:27 PM
Yea they showed that bull shit quote during the game. It enraged me.

KewlKat00
09-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Yea they showed that bull shit quote during the game. It enraged me.

i didn't think it was so bad. it was pretty much the equivalent of saying that they hope to send him home with a loss. because a big loss would have hurt his chances at the heisman... just as a big win helps.

Neuromancer
09-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Why do people always say the same exact thing when they talk about defending Vince Young? When will they realize he's just one of those special players that cannot be totally taken care of. He's only been doing the damn thing for 3 years now.

Kdfelicity
09-15-2005, 08:19 PM
i didn't think it was so bad. it was pretty much the equivalent of saying that they hope to send him home with a loss. because a big loss would have hurt his chances at the heisman... just as a big win helps.

I was just pretty pissed during that whole game and that just fueled my fiery rage! haha i don't have any pent up anger i swear!!

KewlKat00
09-15-2005, 10:24 PM
I was just pretty pissed during that whole game and that just fueled my fiery rage! haha i don't have any pent up anger i swear!!

it's ok. i am a completely different person when watching games too.

Kdfelicity
09-15-2005, 10:38 PM
it's ok. i am a completely different person when watching games too.

Are you the type where if your team loses it ruins your whole day? I know that's me.

KewlKat00
09-16-2005, 12:54 AM
Are you the type where if your team loses it ruins your whole day? I know that's me.

oh yeah.

during my senior year i went on the weekender up to san francisco. that was the year we lost to cal in 3ot. in the 2ot, we blocked the field goal. i thought it was our game. but it wasn't. it was probably one of the most exciting games i have been to (top 5)... but i didn't go out that night. i knew i wouldn't have fun.

but if you want to see some ugly fans, go to cal. my friends and i were walking back to our cars. but to get to our cars, we had to walk by all of the frats. they were throwing things, yelling, and jumping right in front of us. ugh.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-06-2006, 12:52 PM
hahaha so classic

its like "ehhhh we're just gonna try and tackle vince, to focus on him and stop him from running"

every fuckign team has tried this and none have succeeded