PDA

View Full Version : Who has disappointed you the most so far in the playoffs?

Kuestmaster
05-01-2015, 07:06 AM
It's fair to say that the spurs look like a bad copy of the team that wowed the world last year.
IMHO except Duncan, Diaw, Mills, Belinelli and Leonard, no one has stepped up and played well in the postseason so far, so who has disappointed you the most in this series?

I would say Danny Green has been the biggest disappointment so far. He's playing ok defense but just not there in offense. I pick Green because I wasn't expecting much of Parker and Manu, and they both have confirmed my suspicious. They don't have that playoff switch anymore.

baseline bum
05-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Splitter.

JohnnyMax
05-01-2015, 07:13 AM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Tony-Parker-and-Tiger-Woods-278x300.jpg

baseline bum
05-01-2015, 07:15 AM
With Enrique I expected it though. Splitter is supposed to be one of the top pick and roll defending bigs in the game.

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Splitter

z0sa
05-01-2015, 07:19 AM
Danny Green.

TDomination
05-01-2015, 07:22 AM
Green

TheGoldStandard
05-01-2015, 07:24 AM
Maybe Parker and Tiago can Thelma and Louise off a cliff

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 07:25 AM
Pop

Parker's a career choke artist so I wasn't expecting anything from that mentally weak faggot. We all saw that the Spurs were better when he was on the bench in the playoffs last year. Was expecting more of the same this year. Though I have to admit he's playing at an all-time terrible level right now. 3rd most shot attempts on the team yet his true shooting percentage is among the worst in the playoffs at 36%. It is amusing seeing Paul just flat out facefucking TP in this series. Maybe it will finally shut up the inbred retards that keep parroting stupid shit like "Parker owns Paul in the playoffs"

Splitter was never going to play well. It took him forever to return from that same injury at the start of the season. Expectations were already low.

Manu's 38 years old. What were people expecting? He gave us a badass playoff run last year when he ran the offense when Tony went MIA in numerous games.

milkyway21
05-01-2015, 07:27 AM
It's fair to say that the spurs look like a bad copy of the team that wowed the world last year.
IMHO except Duncan, Diawteammates.Belinelli and Leonard, no one has stepped up and played well in the postseason so far, so who has disappointed you the most in this series?

I would say Danny Green has been the biggest disappointment so far. He's playing ok defense but just not there in offense. I pick Green because I wasn't expecting much of Parker and Manu, and they both have confirmed my suspicious. They don't have that playoff switch anymore.

IMO,, Splitter.
Things would have been different if the center can ar least help limit Griffin who is having a blast scoring, punish us with his trips to the free throw line, dunking, & passing the ball to his teammates(ave 7 assists), at will. As if nothing can stop him. It's hard to see that Tiago has to sit everyrime because he contributed nothing on the court, even missing his FTs. Sad, because we saw himplaying his best before his injury and now he's back to his old self.

Raven
05-01-2015, 07:30 AM
pop, easily. Has shown no consistency with his adjustments and still forces kawhi on cpzero for no reason. Very inconsistent minutes for green resulting in him havin zero rhythm. Cojo got ditched despite being better than tony in every facet of the game at this point. Playing belinelli big minutes despite massive evidence that his minutes and made shots create more losses.

Keepin' it real
05-01-2015, 08:06 AM
Who has disappointed you the most in the playoffs so far?

Ungrateful drama-queen spurstalk.com members.
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Pop

Parker's a career choke artist so I wasn't expecting anything from that mentally weak faggot. We all saw that the Spurs were better when he was on the bench in the playoffs last year. Was expecting more of the same this year. Though I have to admit he's playing at an all-time terrible level right now. 3rd most shot attempts on the team yet his true shooting percentage is among the worst in the playoffs at 36%. It is amusing seeing Paul just flat out facefucking TP in this series. Maybe it will finally shut up the inbred retards that keep parroting stupid shit like "Parker owns Paul in the playoffs"

Splitter was never going to play well. It took him forever to return from that same injury at the start of the season. Expectations were already low.

Manu's 38 years old. What were people expecting? He gave us a badass playoff run last year when he ran the offense when Tony went MIA in numerous games.

That sums it up.

Beaverfuzz
05-01-2015, 08:16 AM
Splitter or Verde. Parker was known to suck but has shown flashes every now and then. Splitter and Verde have been awful

Pocho La Pantera
05-01-2015, 08:31 AM
Pop

Manu's 38 years old. What were people expecting? He gave us a badass playoff run last year when he ran the offense when Tony went MIA in numerous games. exactly.

loveforthegame
05-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Green.

Plenty of other culprits but we needed his defense and 3 point shooting. Major letdown on both ends.

vander
05-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Green/Leonard

spursparker9
05-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Green and Pop

Enrique was a corpse the entire season.

Splitter was just coming back from injury.

Manu is just not reliable after that game 6, NBA finals 2013

LongtimeSpursFan
05-01-2015, 09:07 AM
I'd say Green has been the biggest disappointment. It's one thing to now shoot the three ball but dude cannot dribble or pass either.

And why isn't Kawhi on this poll? He's been disappointing as well. This guy is considered a superstar and MVP but has failed to produce in three out of last 7 games. It's one thing to be the second fiddle to the Big Three but now that you are the main guy you have to step up. It seems now that defenses are game planning to defend him his production has lowered. This could be a huge concern once the Big Three are gone and he is the main guy.

DBMethos
05-01-2015, 09:10 AM
Pop. The pieces are there, he's just not putting the puzzle together properly.

Gervin44Silas13
05-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Pop and his senile substitutions

cantthinkofanything
05-01-2015, 09:12 AM
Splitter. He's had so many chances to just put the ball up and score. But has to double clutch spin hook every time. Or pass out.
And then the missed free throws on top of that.

dbestpro
05-01-2015, 09:13 AM
The cliff jumpers. You'd think as much as we have won that we would deal with losing with at least a little class. Way too much whine for my taste.

cd021
05-01-2015, 09:18 AM
Green and Pop

Enrique was a corpse the entire season.

Splitter was just coming back from injury.

Manu is just not reliable after that game 6, NBA finals 2013

You must have skipped all of last season. He was mediocre, at best this season but he was very good last year.

Splitter can't use that excuse anymore. He is scaring of Jordan and its affecting his shot. There was a play last night were he had Blake under the basket on the left side deep in the post. He attempted to get to the middle of the floor but saw Jordan coming. He opted for a hurried hook that he missed point blank. His FT shooting has regressed. He shot 75% in the RS. He left about 3 points off the board.

cd021
05-01-2015, 09:23 AM
I'd say Green has been the biggest disappointment. It's one thing to now shoot the three ball but dude cannot dribble or pass either.

And why isn't Kawhi on this poll? He's been disappointing as well. This guy is considered a superstar and MVP but has failed to produce in three out of last 7 games. It's one thing to be the second fiddle to the Big Three but now that you are the main guy you have to step up. It seems now that defenses are game planning to defend him his production has lowered. This could be a huge concern once the Big Three are gone and he is the main guy.

Really only the last two. He went 10-19 for 26 points in game 4.

Over the past two games-8-31 FG, 1-6 3PT, 13-16 FT, 15 PPG, 8 RPG, -29 +/-

Spur|n|Austin
05-01-2015, 09:24 AM
Verde.

Spurminator
05-01-2015, 09:25 AM
Spurs fans.

ceperez
05-01-2015, 10:03 AM
Pop for keeping Parker on the court when he's not effective.

Pop for not demanding that his players exploit mismatches like when you have a small guard on Leonard.

Nathan89
05-01-2015, 10:03 AM
All of Parker votes should really be Pops votes. He's the one who's is overplaying him.

dabom
05-01-2015, 09:24 PM
All of Parker votes should really be Pops votes. He's the one who's is overplaying him.

Ding ding ding.

HI-FI
05-01-2015, 09:34 PM
Pop

:lol pretty much what I was gonna say.

I have zero faith in Parker, my issues with him have never changed. Pop has been the most frustrating. I'd really like to shit on him more but am holding out hope that he'll get his shit together, or maybe Duncan broke through Pop's ego, to right the ship.

Mikeanaro
05-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Pop, fuck the losers blaming us fans.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 09:39 PM
Definitely Danny..he's been one of the best playoff shooters in league history the past 2 years, he's a proven playoff performer, the expectations were higher for him entering the series..his defense has been fine, not much you can do when your bigs can't move, tbh, but his shot is broken..

Splitter is clearly hurt, I can't really blame him too much..his mobility is gone..

Parker hasn't been a net positive since 2013 and he's a notorious playoff choker, I've been calling his decline since last year, as everybody knows:lol..most of the forum was in denial, though..I was trying to find some positivity in his favor prior to the series, but it has been evident all year that he is no longer a starter on a good NBA team, not his his fault that the coach is too stubborn..

Pop is #1 if he's included, though..

Mikeanaro
05-01-2015, 09:39 PM
They should be together as Popork.

Death In June
05-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Parker, followed closely by Green

AztecSpur
05-01-2015, 09:44 PM
Kawhi, very disappointed. Hope he attones.

Budkin
05-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Green and its not close.

hitmantb
05-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Kwahi is having a good series overall despite two bad games in a row. 21 points and 49%. I think he is having problem managing fatigue now he has to carry more load on offense on top of strong defense. Pop putting him on Paul doesn't help either. He is much better against bigger wing players.

Parker had a good 2014 post season overall, 17.5 points a game on 48% shooting. You are delusional if you think we were a better team without him in 2014. Manu also averaged 14 points on 44% shooting.

Parker's decline to 9.3 points and 33% shooting, Manu's decline to 8 points and 34% shooting hurt us more than anyone else.

Mills can shoot 3's if there is even half a step opening, Joseph has quality defense, Belineli's hot shooting made up for Green's poor shooting, none of them are play makers. This team will go as far as GDP can take them and only D is working, Kwahi is playing much better than he did in earlier rounds last year (from 14 points to 21 points with only 2% field goal drop off), he can make up for one of the two, but not both. Green's shooting % suffers a lot when 2 of the 3 (I consider Diaw the third) play makers are not getting enough defensive attention to get him open.

It is amazing when Duncan won MVP+FMVP, lone wolf championship with greatest post season win share ever in 2003, Parker was second year and Manu were rookie, both were scrubs then with .40% field goal. 12 years later, Duncan is still getting 16 points and 11 rebounds on 57% shooting, Parker/Manu wore out before he did. Parker/Manu must rebound for Spurs to have a chance of escaping LA.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Kwahi is having a good series overall despite two bad games in a row. 21 points and 49%. I think he is having problem managing fatigue now he has to carry more load on offense on top of strong defense. Pop putting him on Paul doesn't help either. He is much better against bigger wing players.

Parker had a good 2014 post season overall, 17.5 points a game on 48% shooting. You are delusional if you think we were a better team without him in 2014. Manu also averaged 14 points on 44% shooting.

Parker's decline to 9.3 points and 33% shooting, Manu's decline to 8 points and 34% shooting hurt us more than anyone else.

Mills can shoot 3's if there is even half a step opening, Joseph has quality defense, Belineli's hot shooting made up for Green's poor shooting, none of them are play makers. This team will go as far as GDP can take them and only D is working, Kwahi is playing much better than he did in earlier rounds last year (from 14 points to 21 points with only 2% field goal drop off), he can make up for one of the two, but not both. Green's shooting % suffers a lot when 2 of the 3 (I consider Diaw the third) play makers are not getting enough defensive attention to get him open.

It is amazing when Duncan won MVP+FMVP, lone wolf championship with greatest post season win share ever in 2003, Parker was second year and Manu were rookie, both were scrubs then with .40% field goal. 12 years later, Duncan is still getting 16 points and 11 rebounds on 57% shooting, Parker/Manu wore out before he did. Parker/Manu must rebound for Spurs to have a chance of escaping LA.

The Spurs were significantly better when Parker was on the bench in last year's playoffs, tbh..huge margin, statistically..he wasn't a negative player, but he wasn't essential for the Spurs, as we saw them close out 2 series' without him, including against their most difficult opponent(OKC)..I agree that he was still productive, though, and he was able to step up in game 7 of the Mavs series, too..he's obviously nowhere near the same player, this year, as he's now a liability..

The problem is that both Parker and Ginobili aren't the same anymore..in 2013, Parker played great, while Ginobili struggled, and that was enough for a title(should have been)..in 2014, Parker was mediocre and Ginobili was really good, which was enough for a title..

Spurs can't afford for both to struggle, they don't have the playmakers to negate that..

tmtcsc
05-01-2015, 10:44 PM
I'm giving Parker and Splitter a pass because they are obviously injured. That's not to say that Parker - even if healthy - wouldn't have shriveled up, but this time he has an excuse. Splitter has been a waste all year and needs to be let go if he can't play. Get a medical exception for him or something.

Green though....no excuses. Its one thing to miss shots, its another to play poor defense too. You get the feeling he isn't one of the brightest players on the team. Pop and his teammates often have to tell him where to go on the floor. If he comes through tomorrow AND the Spurs win, then all is forgiven. Pop would have been my second choice. All the hacking on Jordan is a sign of a desperate coach who has little faith in his team - not a genius. I don't think the Spurs players appreciate it either.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 10:47 PM
I don't really understand the criticism of Green's D in this series, tbh..Paul is scoring vs. Green and Kawhi on the same exact plays, do you guys think they forgot how to play defense overnight?:lol..

They've been running the same play for Paul since game 1, everybody has been discussing it..the coach hasn't adjusted, and the bigs are too slow and immobile, there's not much Green or Kawhi can do against Paul in that scenario..you could argue that they could go a little lower to get around the screens vs. horns, but don't you think Pop would have told them what to do by now? It has been 6 games and Paul is still dominating using the exact same play:lol..

Mikeanaro
05-01-2015, 10:52 PM
I don't really understand the criticism of Green's D in this series, tbh..Paul is scoring vs. Green and Kawhi on the same exact plays, do you guys think they forgot how to play defense overnight?:lol..

They've been running the same play for Paul since game 1, everybody has been discussing it..the coach hasn't adjusted, and the bigs are too slow and immobile, there's not much Green or Kawhi can do against Paul in that scenario..you could argue that they could go a little lower to get around the screens vs. horns, but don't you think Pop would have told them what to do by now? It has been 6 games and Paul is still dominating using the exact same play:lol..
Green was like a turtle guarding CP0, yesterday was slow enough to miss a layup getting blocked by DJ during a TO.

KaiRMD1
05-01-2015, 10:52 PM
I expected Parker, Gino & Splitter to suck this series. I expected Pop to make dumb adjustments like keep Parker in there over a scorching hot Patty (pause) but I didn't expect old sport Green to suck as much as he has, not after the last couple of years he's had since the Thunder series in 2012