PDA

View Full Version : Here we are again... First round, backs against the wall, blowing a 3-2 lead

Spurs 4 The Win
05-01-2015, 07:46 AM
We will see what this team is made of. We have been pushed to the brink again in the first round for the second straight season. Need to respond like we did against Dallas last year.

:flag::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::flag:

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-01-2015, 07:59 AM
This is where the mettle champions are forged. I have actually have the Spurs at the advantage for this game. Clippers have yet to put together two great games together. Spurs are already the mentally superior team and they just need to play consistent basketball.

And Pop, for the life of me, the first, I mean the first time TP holds the ball for 15+ seconds without passing, pull his ass from the game.

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 08:01 AM
That game vs Mavs was in SA and TP scored 32 puts. I'm betting against a repeat of that.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-01-2015, 08:03 AM
That game vs Mavs was in SA and TP scored 32 puts. I'm betting against a repeat of that.

Yeah, fuck TP, that 32 should come from Mills. If Pop gets his head out of his ass and limits Parkers minutes to 15 and play Mills for 25+, Spurs should win easily. But no, he plays that ass clown even though he is getting his ass owned on the court.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-01-2015, 08:33 AM

I understand that, but at the same time, Duncan and Kawhi can shoulder that load. Green has to come to play if we are to have a chance.

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 08:45 AM
I understand that, but at the same time, Duncan and Kawhi can shoulder that load. Green has to come to play if we are to have a chance.

I still think there's a chance, but only because Clips are mental midgets. I agree that TD and KL will show up in a game 7. Will anyone else's?

Spurs 4 The Win
05-01-2015, 09:01 AM
I still think there's a chance, but only because Clips are mental midgets. I agree that TD and KL will show up in a game 7. Will anyone else's?

What makes you think Kawhi will, I love the guy but he seems like a primetime choker to me. He blew the game against Cleveland, blew the free throws in Miami, blew an easy game winner against NO earlier in the season, and no showed in the last two games (and blew the wide open 3 that wouldve tied the game with 40 seconds left last night). I hope he does show up but I have my doubts, he is still unproven on the big stage late in a series.

SpursFan86
05-01-2015, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately this year's Clippers team is far better than that Mavs team we played last year, and we'll be on the road rather than at home...but let's hope for the best.

That '95 Rockets team that we've been compared to (6th seed going for a repeat) was pushed to the brink multiple times. They were down 2-1 in the 1st round (back when it was best-of-5) and won 2 consecutive games to advance. Then they went down 3-1 in the 2nd round and had to win 3 straight games to get to the WCF.

mkurts
05-01-2015, 09:47 AM
Unfortunately this year's Clippers team is far better than that Mavs team we played last year, and we'll be on the road rather than at home...but let's hope for the best.

That '95 Rockets team that we've been compared to (6th seed going for a repeat) was pushed to the brink multiple times. They were down 2-1 in the 1st round (back when it was best-of-5) and won 2 consecutive games to advance. Then they went down 3-1 in the 2nd round and had to win 3 straight games to get to the WCF.

That team had the Dream and the Glide ...... and Tomjanovich and real balls

Only Duncan here this year with everybody else shitting their pants

Spurs 4 The Win
05-01-2015, 10:49 AM
That team had the Dream and the Glide ...... and Tomjanovich and real balls

Only Duncan here this year with everybody else shitting their pants

lol, well lets hope for one game everyone can stop being pussies and pretend its 2014 again

gameFACE
05-01-2015, 11:40 AM
Normally I would not give the Spurs a chance. But the Spurs and Clips have won TWICE on each others floors. Who's to say the it can't be done again? Doc called out the refs after G5 and the Spurs got in foul trouble G6. Pop calls out the Spurs after G6 so they should be focused G7. And hopefully Pop doesn't do a senile coaching job.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-01-2015, 11:44 AM

Possibly these two.

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/belinelli-balls.png

http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/sites/www.lebanondemocrat.com/files/styles/large/public/SPORTS_BKN-FINALS_26_MI.jpg?itok=HzzJOCJo

TDomination
05-01-2015, 12:11 PM
Seriously if coach Pop cuts the crap with the hack a jordan at random times and actually uses it during the proper times (NOT AFTER GAINING A 10 PT LEAD!!!!), i think we have a chance.

Horse
05-01-2015, 12:46 PM
If ever a team could blow this it's the clips. I'm much more concerned with pop than anything they can do to us.