PDA

View Full Version : TP not confident about tomorrow

SpurPadre
05-01-2015, 11:05 AM
"Eh, you hope a little bit," said Parker, not fully buying the premise (of Spurs being favored to win a Game 7). "But anything can happen in a Game 7." This was from a soundbite with J.A. Adande who said on ESPN this morning that Parker sounded defeated and resigned when he talked to him after the game. It's one thing for us fans to cliff-dive but when one of your star players talks like that, it's alarming. Why should he even bother playing if he's that scared?

hater
05-01-2015, 11:05 AM
he's telling the truth thou

Poolboy5623
05-01-2015, 11:06 AM
He should sound defeated...after being defeated...

loveforthegame
05-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Wasn't that long ago when he said this team couldn't contend anymore. Was that before the 5th ring?

Head of the snake with that attitude? Nice.

cd98
05-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Even if the Spurs win, it won't be because of Parker. He just doesn't have it this year, and he is going to feel less confident about winning because he knows he can't duplicate what Paul is doing.

loveforthegame
05-01-2015, 11:11 AM
He's just resting up to play for France. Nothing to see here.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 11:14 AM
Tony's always been a quitter. No surprise here. He should do the team a favor and stay at home. Might be able to pull off an OKC game 6.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-01-2015, 11:15 AM
Bench this SOB. I bet you Patty would say the total opposite. Why Pop continues to play this injured riddled defeatist major minutes is beyond me.

Patty believes he can win everytime he steps on the court and honestly, he is the reason this series isn't over at this point. And ironically, Parker is the reason this series isn't over yet.

RD2191
05-01-2015, 11:16 AM
smh

ducks
05-01-2015, 11:18 AM
ws not long ago 8 seed said spurs would finish 4 seed or higher

ducks
05-01-2015, 11:19 AM
lot of game 7 home team wins

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Even if the Spurs win, it won't be because of Parker. He just doesn't have it this year, and he is going to feel less confident about winning because he knows he can't duplicate what Paul is doing.

Well obviously. CP's an elite point guard. Among the all-time best in his position. Parker's just a mediocre system PG. Always has been. The truth is sinking in and it's scaring Tony. Dude is just mentally checked out. He want so desperately to play for France so he can boost his ego by playing against trash tier competition.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 11:51 AM
TP quote from 2011:

“We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we’re playing for a championship.”

smh This guy is always quitting. How did Duncan get stuck playing with this coward? TD has more grit and determination in his toe than the fat Frenchman has in his entire 250 lb body.

xtremesteven33
05-01-2015, 11:53 AM
Mix feelings about Parker. I respect the man for help winning San Antonio 4 Championships. Hes overcome alot and been through it all with this team. Yet everyone knows who he really is. An overachieving PG. Played with a HOF player and coach who help mold his game to what it is was and could have helped him became even better. Fact remains,
Robinson A
Duncan A+
Ginobili A-
Parker B+

Clipper Nation
05-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Surprised that cancerous faggot didn't add, :cry "I can't believe they're leaving Bellinelli wide open!" :cry

Skull-1
05-01-2015, 11:59 AM
He's just resting up to play for France. Nothing to see here.

K...
05-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Non issue. Probably rallying the troups behind the scenes. Got to get the clips to tense up. Tp is an elite pschyo warrior.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Mix feelings about Parker. I respect the man for help winning San Antonio 4 Championships. Hes overcome alot and been through it all with this team. Yet everyone knows who he really is. An overachieving PG. Played with a HOF player and coach who help mold his game to what it is was and could have helped him became even better. Fact remains,
Robinson A
Duncan A+
Ginobili A-
Parker B+

Yup. Tony's a system player while the other three would thrive on any team in the league. Pop maximized whatever little talent TP had and turned him into a reliable point guard for a couple years. He was never in the elite tier(Paul, Nash, etc) but he did ok for himself. Unfortunately, these type of players don't age well once father time catches up with them due to their lack of real talent. DRob, Duncan, and Manu have all played great ball well into their late 30s while Tony looks finished at age 31/32. TP just ain't on their level.

cd98
05-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Well obviously. CP's an elite point guard. Among the all-time best in his position. Parker's just a mediocre system PG. Always has been. The truth is sinking in and it's scaring Tony. Dude is just mentally checked out. He want so desperately to play for France so he can boost his ego by playing against trash tier competition.

Disagree. When we last faced the Clippers in the playoffs, TP owned CP. Obviously this is a different year, and Tony just can't seen to hit a mid range jumper.

DarrinS
05-01-2015, 12:06 PM
LVParker

cantthinkofanything
05-01-2015, 12:08 PM
Yup. Tony's a system player while the other three would thrive on any team in the league. Pop maximized whatever little talent TP had and turned him into a reliable point guard for a couple years. He was never in the elite tier(Paul, Nash, etc) but he did ok for himself. Unfortunately, these type of players don't age well once father time catches up with them due to their lack of real talent. DRob, Duncan, and Manu have all played great ball well into their late 30s while Tony looks finished at age 31/32. TP just ain't on their level.

I don't know. Tony was one of the best one on one PG in the league for several years. Regardless of whetever else he couldn't do, he was one of the toughest covers in the NBA and punished teams that didn't have a decent defending PG. Everyone knew he was going to drive and he still scored at will in the lane. Not saying the Spurs wouldn't have won more with a pass first guy. But Parker was elite.

But the Spurs would have done well to recognize how quick he'd fall off when his speed was gone. They could have picked up some key pieces for him a couple of years ago.

xtremesteven33
05-01-2015, 12:14 PM
Parker looked great cause he was always put in a position to succeed playing with 2 HOF players and coach most of his career. There were always better PGs than Parker. CP3 was already better than him his 3rd year in the league. I try not to hate on Parker, he is who he is. Ive learned to accept it. Sure I still get pissed when he tends to play lethargic and uninterested most of the time. Thats who he is though. Kidd, Nash, CP3 were all better and will always be better.

Russ
05-01-2015, 12:17 PM
TP has a lot more championships (and more heart) than most "rah-rah" guys.

He motivates himself the way he motivates himself. Lay off.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 12:22 PM
Parker looked great cause he was always put in a position to succeed playing with 2 HOF players and coach most of his career. There were always better PGs than Parker. CP3 was already better than him his 3rd year in the league. I try not to hate on Parker, he is who he is. Ive learned to accept it. Sure I still get pissed when he tends to play lethargic and uninterested most of the time. Thats who he is though. Kidd, Nash, CP3 were all better and will always be better.

Billups isn't an all-time great but he's another PG that just about destroyed TP in the Finals.

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 12:22 PM
TP has a lot more championships (and more heart) than most "rah-rah" guys.

He motivates himself the way he motivates himself. Lay off.

Thanks to Duncan and Manu.

Perry Mason
05-01-2015, 01:24 PM

Why are you such a terrible poster with an agenda? Yes today TP is mediocre. It's age and injury. Yes it probably affects him. The same way age will affect you when the gut that hangs over your belt becomes infected with an unexpelled terd.

But he is a Hall of Fame point guard. This is indisuptable. You whine about post-season efficiency vs Bird and Jordan. LOL. No one is comparing him to Stockton, Jordan and Bird. He's an international player that had no skill other than speed coming into the league. He's one of the fastest starters to ever play.

The guy has a Finals MVP. He led the Spurs' offense in recent playoff runs. He was an MVP candidate in 2012-2013. Saying he was never elite and was always a system PG is a joke. Every. Single. scout, coach, player, analyst, GM, owner and former player would disagree with your take.

Did he reach Manu and Timmy's level? No. So what. He was still a pillar for the Spurs for many seasons. And GOAT coach Pop rode with him. But hey, I guess he should have called up "Johnny Faggo" and asked for your imbecilic opinion?

ElNono
05-01-2015, 02:30 PM
det grittiness tho

RD2191
05-01-2015, 02:31 PM
det grittiness tho
:stirpot:

SASdynasty!
05-01-2015, 02:52 PM
Billups isn't an all-time great but he's another PG that just about destroyed TP in the Finals.
I love that all the PGs who "destroyed" Parker in the playoffs actually lost against him, lol.

SASdynasty!
05-01-2015, 02:53 PM
Why are you such a terrible poster with an agenda? Yes today TP is mediocre. It's age and injury. Yes it probably affects him. The same way age will affect you when the gut that hangs over your belt becomes infected with an unexpelled terd.

But he is a Hall of Fame point guard. This is indisuptable. You whine about post-season efficiency vs Bird and Jordan. LOL. No one is comparing him to Stockton, Jordan and Bird. He's an international player that had no skill other than speed coming into the league. He's one of the fastest starters to ever play.

The guy has a Finals MVP. He led the Spurs' offense in recent playoff runs. He was an MVP candidate in 2012-2013. Saying he was never elite and was always a system PG is a joke. Every. Single. scout, coach, player, analyst, GM, owner and former player would disagree with your take.

Did he reach Manu and Timmy's level? No. So what. He was still a pillar for the Spurs for many seasons. And GOAT coach Pop rode with him. But hey, I guess he should have called up "Johnny Faggo" and asked for your imbecilic opinion?
He's got 4 top-12 MVP finishes actually (2 top-6). That was just the year that he was leading the race until he got injured.

SASdynasty!
05-01-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks to Duncan and Manu.
Lol, he potentially has 2-3 less titles because of Manu.

SASdynasty!
05-01-2015, 02:56 PM
Imagine how much better than him these guys would have been than him if they had actually beat Parker in the playoffs.

Mikeanaro
05-01-2015, 02:58 PM
2013 and 2014 says hello, Parker was dominant on those finals I wholeheartedly agree.

SASdynasty!
05-01-2015, 02:59 PM
TP quote from 2011:

“We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we’re playing for a championship.”

smh This guy is always quitting. How did Duncan get stuck playing with this coward? TD has more grit and determination in his toe than the fat Frenchman has in his entire 250 lb body.
Spurs literally improved every year after Tony said that. He also said after the 2013 loss that he we would go back to the Finals in 2014 and we did unlike all the cliffjumpers on this site. Can you imagine if you were famous enough to have your quotes from this site pulled and extrapolated? Lol.

perfectdark
05-01-2015, 03:00 PM

aside from the heat series, they were in the position to win because of manu and duncan.
TP had nothing to do with any playoff success.

TP showing the giant mental dwarf he is

EVAY
05-01-2015, 03:10 PM
Oh for Pete's sake. Had TP said something "I know we are going to come back strong" you would have been screaming about him giving them 'bulletin board' material.

Just stop.

And btw - about 2011 - it was after the 2011 season that Pop went to RC and literally screamed at him "I don't have a bench". Does that sound like a man who expected to do good things over the next few years? So Pop and Parker were on the same page.

The 2011 season is the one after which Tim decided that he was going on a major life-and diet change.

So, let's see, post 2011 you've got a coach screaming for roster help, your superstar trying to extend his shelf life in a major way, and the pg acknowledging the obvious, i.e. without major changes, the Spurs WEREN'T going to compete again.

They made all the changes we now know about and got to the WCF in 12, the Finals in 13 and 14. None of that would have happened without ownership opening up their wallets for the 'end-career-run' for Tim. He had to get some help, and until he did, we went no where. When he got the help, we started winning. Parker's observations were spot-on.

Malik Hairston
05-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Why would Parker be confident that the Spurs are going to win? He knows Pop isn't going to bench him:lol..

Johnny RIngo
05-01-2015, 03:21 PM

Tony Parker player fan blaming other guys for his chokejobs smh

-Tony was the one that went 7-23 in game 5 of the 2004 Lakers series. 7-18 in game 6. Took more shots than prime Timmy.
-shit the bed against the Mavs in 2006 while taking more shots than TD and Manu throughout the entire playoffs that year
-outplayed by Mario Chalmers in game 6 and 7 of the 2013 Finals

But, yeah, keep blaming Manu every time Frenchie decides to shoot the Spurs out of a championship.

DJR210
05-01-2015, 03:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL-RAO-T_mA

K...
05-01-2015, 03:32 PM
I wish I knew the ages of these Parker haters. I see two camps. On side are guys who channel their sexual frustration onto a successful attractive man. Then on the other are millennials who didn't watch games from before 2008 and didn't see how dominant prime Parker was.

timtonymanu
05-01-2015, 03:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL-RAO-T_mA

Before he was Porker.

hitmanyr2k
05-01-2015, 03:39 PM
I love that all the PGs who "destroyed" Parker in the playoffs actually lost against him, lol.

Maybe because Parker had teammates who were covering his glaring weaknesses. Who was guarding Billups in the Finals when it mattered? Parker? No, it was Bruce Bowen. Who was doing the playmaking for the Spurs and running the offense when it mattered? Parker? No, they put the ball in Ginobili's hands and even Brent Barry had to assume point guard duties because Parker couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. Billups out-performed Parker by far in their point guard matchup during the '05 Finals even with the Spurs best defender on him.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2015, 03:45 PM

Duncan and Manu are light three because of Enrique's vanishing act against the Lakers in 2004, volume chucking against the Mavs in 2006 and getting outplayed by Mario Chalmers in 2013.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Imagine how much better than him these guys would have been than him if they had actually beat Parker in the playoffs.

Derek Fisher shits all over Enrique, then. So do JJ Barea, Greivis Vasquez, and Leandro Barbosa.

spurs10
05-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Imagine how much better than him these guys would have been than him if they had actually beat Parker in the playoffs. Yeah they would have been so great if they hadn't lost all the time!

Sean Cagney
05-01-2015, 04:03 PM

On the One on One they actually did destroy him, his backups had to come in quite a few times when he was playing that bad and take over in key series. That part is just a fact there and I am a Spurs fan who will not hate on our players like some do. Parker has always been a little bit softer mentally than the other two, lets people take him out of his game more.

mkurts
05-02-2015, 12:20 AM
Send Parker home, he isn't doing any good playing badly or sulking on the bench.

Chillen
05-02-2015, 12:28 AM
No need for a defeatist attitude now, they only need to win 1 game on the road on Sat against the Clippers and the Spurs have more experience. Show up for 1 game and give them all you got.

Malik Hairston
05-02-2015, 12:31 AM
No need for a defeatist attitude now, they only need to win 1 game on the road on Sat against the Clippers and the Spurs have more experience. Show up for 1 game and give them all you got.

Ya!!! As long as they give 110% and give it their all!!! But it doesn't matter if they lose, as long as they have fun!!

FkLA
05-02-2015, 12:31 AM
Maybe because Parker had teammates who were covering his glaring weaknesses. Who was guarding Billups in the Finals when it mattered? Parker? No, it was Bruce Bowen. Who was doing the playmaking for the Spurs and running the offense when it mattered? Parker? No, they put the ball in Ginobili's hands and even Brent Barry had to assume point guard duties because Parker couldn't walk and chew gum at the same time. Billups out-performed Parker by far in their point guard matchup during the '05 Finals even with the Spurs best defender on him.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I9mRpyEOeqA/U8WPycRWSPI/AAAAAAAA6FY/X766Wd_vC5Q/w426-h240/Scottie%2BPippen%2Bon%2BPatrick%2BEwing%2BShot%2BS cience.gif

DMC
05-02-2015, 12:35 AM
he's telling the truth thou
Thou or thee?

KaiRMD1
05-02-2015, 01:15 AM
smh

This has to be your favorite season right now, old sport lol

ThaBigFundamental21
05-02-2015, 01:37 AM
Surprised that cancerous faggot didn't add, :cry "I can't believe they're leaving Bellinelli wide open!" :cry

Lmao. +1. That was good.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-02-2015, 01:37 AM

Lmao. +1. That was good.

mrtxstar
05-02-2015, 01:53 AM
J.A. Adande picked the Clippers to win. Of course he's going to perceive things that support his opinion.

rmt
05-02-2015, 02:17 AM
Bench this SOB. I bet you Patty would say the total opposite. Why Pop continues to play this injured riddled defeatist major minutes is beyond me.

Patty believes he can win everytime he steps on the court and honestly, he is the reason this series isn't over at this point. And ironically, Parker is the reason this series isn't over yet.

Truer words have never been spoken regarding this series.

rmt
05-02-2015, 02:21 AM
I wish I knew the ages of these Parker haters. I see two camps. On side are guys who channel their sexual frustration onto a successful attractive man. Then on the other are millennials who didn't watch games from before 2008 and didn't see how dominant prime Parker was.

If he's like this at 32, what's he gonna be like at 38 - when he gets to Manu and Timmy's age? He better be playing for vet's minimum by then after this grossly overpaid contract. And this poster is in her 50s - doesn't fit any of your categories - but his decline is PLAIN to see.

cd021
05-02-2015, 04:35 AM

Spurs have two play makers both have been trash in this series. Mills isn't necessarily a better option even though he has a much better series compared to Parker. Unless Ginobili is playing [well] along side him then it would be Mills with Beli or Green. Green has been very good defensively but he's been the really bad in this series. Beli has been great but offensively but, defensively, there isn't really a place to hide him unless Barnes is playing.

I don't trust that unit to score consistently. Mills is an average, at best, play maker, Beli can create for himself and is a good passer but can't consistently create either. Alot of Duncan and Diaw operating out of the high post looking for someone to get open.

Johnny RIngo
05-02-2015, 05:13 AM
I know the posters complaining about the deal are just trolls, but let's just analyze this for a moment . If TP9 hits free agency at the end of next season, what do you think teams would offer him? $12-$15 million a year? LOL.

Tony can get a monster contract from a number of teams in free agency. And without Tony, the Spurs title window will close for the foreseeable future, and who knows if and when it would reopen. Don't the trolls like titles? TP is the best point guard in the league, and even if they don't agree with that, he is easily the best point guard for the Spurs.

So tbh Tony is again being underpaid in a material respect, but it was nice to see the Spurs give him the max extension as a way of showing their faith in him and appreciation for him.

:lol dumbest poster on Spurstalk

SASdynasty!
05-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Tony Parker player fan blaming other guys for his chokejobs smh

-Tony was the one that went 7-23 in game 5 of the 2004 Lakers series. 7-18 in game 6. Took more shots than prime Timmy.
-shit the bed against the Mavs in 2006 while taking more shots than TD and Manu throughout the entire playoffs that year
-outplayed by Mario Chalmers in game 6 and 7 of the 2013 Finals

But, yeah, keep blaming Manu every time Frenchie decides to shoot the Spurs out of a championship.
Please...In that Lakers series he outscored Manu per par, scored over 20 a game in the Dallas series, and was our second leading scorer in the Heat series (over Manu again, who was 5th for the Spurs). But of course you don't want to look at the whole series, just select games...so here you go (from the same series BTW):

Manu Ginobili

In G5 against LA, Manu scored 8 points (half of Tony's) and had 3 turnovers. So that's supposed to be good or something?

In the 2006 Mavs series, Parker went for 27 in G5 and 24 in G7 to outscore Ginobili in both. So what is it? Individual games you care about or overall series production? I guess whichever matches your agenda.

G6 vs Miami - 9 PTS, 3 AST, 8 TOV for -21 (Manu's worst game of his career was in a Finals closeout game)...not only outplayed by Mario Chalmers...outplayed by literally everyone on the court because he was basically wearing a Miami jersey.

Do you not think we can just as easily pull out terrible Manu games?

SASdynasty!
05-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Derek Fisher shits all over Enrique, then. So do JJ Barea, Greivis Vasquez, and Leandro Barbosa.
Why are you listing career backup point guards?

Playoffs career:

Derek Fisher: 8.3 / 2.3 on 42%
JJ Barea: 8.1 / 3.5 on 44%
Greivis Vasquez: 6.5 / 3.0 on 44%
Leandro Barbosa: 11.4 / 2.3 on 46%

I was responding to the players on Tony's tier (aka starters) who he's knocked out of the playoffs multiple times each:

Playoff career:

Tony Parker: 18.6 / 5.2 on 46%
Jason Kidd: 12.9 / 8.0 on 39%
Steve Nash: 17.3 / 8.8 on 47%
Chris Paul: 20.7 / 9.6 on 48%

K...
05-02-2015, 09:32 AM
Ok so I learned Parker did not dominate bigger PG. Noted. He should take Judo then.

Parker is great, this "defeatist" attitude you talk about is why he's the most likely of the Big 3 to coach. Him and Boris. The first NBA head coaches to also contemporaneously coach Foreign National Teams.

K...
05-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Alot of people are talking about Parker being somehow the least important of the big three despite playing similar minutes and having HOF production. Since no PG played alone 1-5 the whole "carried by teamates" idea is dumb. Duncan and shooters gave Parker space to drobble but they did not give him the speed.

Parker not passing? Who are the elite shooters who play with him who demand the ball? Green who can't dribble, Kawhi who gets scared of new things? Tiago soft hand?

Jeez, dude is not perfect. That's reserved for guys like Jordan and Duncan. Parker is probably on the outside of the top 100 all time but he's probably going to stay highly regarded despite the "advanced data agenda crew". Parker ran some of the all time most dominate offenses in the recent NBA. That's important. The fact that he was too small and weak to be a lock down defender is not important.