PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Witch Hunt Against W. Begins

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-07-2005, 02:56 PM
From the WWL-TV Katrina blog...

WASHINGTON (AP): The Bush administration is getting harsh criticism from two top Democrats concerning the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.

Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid is demanding to know if President Bush's Texas vacation hampered relief efforts. Reid has sent a letter to the chair of the Senate's Homeland Security Committee, calling for a wide-ranging investigation.

Meanwhile, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is characterizing Bush as "oblivious" and "in denial."

She made the comment as she revealed that during a White House meeting yesterday, she had called on Bush to fire the head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. She says Bush responded, "Why would I do that?"

Pelosi says FEMA chief Michael Brown has "absolutely no credentials."

The criticism comes as Bush is asking lawmakers for an additional $51.8 billion for recovery efforts.

So now Bush's vacation caused Nagin to stall the evacuation, the governor to not sign over control to the NG, FEMA's mess, etc.? :lmao

I bet they think he has a secret weather generator in Crawford, too...

MiNuS
09-07-2005, 02:58 PM
all I think about when thinking about "W" is cruise control.

a ship without a sail.

Shelly
09-07-2005, 02:59 PM
This is really getting out of control. Even if everthing went perfectly, the finger pointing would still happen.

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 03:00 PM
What does a Bush hater do when they are not "hatin'"?

Spurminator
09-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Reid has sent a letter to the chair of the Senate's Homeland Security Committee, calling for a wide-ranging investigation.

Dear Senator Reid,

No.

Regards,
Senate Homeland Security Committee

FromWayDowntown
09-07-2005, 03:14 PM
This is really getting out of control. Even if everthing went perfectly, the finger pointing would still happen.

:tu

I think it's official. I think our society has officially lost its humanity.

Far too many are more wrapped up in political posturing than in resolving the human side of this problem. It's been true since last week and its still just as annoying.

Wouldn't congressional time and resources be better spent in trying to actually make a difference for the people facing this crisis? I guess the answer is no. Why worry about the problems faced by all the people whose lives have been suddenly and indelibly been altered by this catastrophe when there's political hay to make?!?!?!?!?

Shelly
09-07-2005, 03:15 PM
:tu

Far too many are more wrapped up in political posturing than in resolving the human side of this problem. It's been true since last week and its still just as annoying.

Screw the problems faced by all the people whose lives have been suddenly and indelibly been altered by this catastrophe. Why worry about such trifling issues when there's political hay to make?!?!?!?!?

Yep. I guess we never really leave junior high.

Sad.

The Ressurrected One
09-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Democratic Witch Hunt Against W. Begins
Begins? Where have you been the last 4 years and 9 months?

Jelly
09-07-2005, 03:22 PM

Nbadan
09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Hummm..when the Republicans needed to pass a bill to kiss up to the right-wing constituents in the whole Terry Schiavo fiasco, W, while on another vacation, flew to Washington overnight, but when a devastated New Orleans needed emergency funding and some federal over-sight in the critical search and rescue phase W flew to a fund-raiser in San Diego, flew back to Crawford, took 3 days to fly over the disaster zone, and after arriving in Washington, took another day to sign a bill and convene Congress. Kind of shows yaw where the Rights priorities are.

SWC Bonfire
09-07-2005, 03:59 PM

No it hasn't. Just check the donation totals, and the number of volunteers.

Don't think some loudmouths using the TV are going to take away what America is, fundamentally.

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 04:00 PM
accept it libs
he'll be on vacation most anytime you can think of and there is nothing you Sore Losermans can do about it!

FromWayDowntown
09-07-2005, 04:32 PM
No it hasn't. Just check the donation totals, and the number of volunteers.

Don't think some loudmouths using the TV are going to take away what America is, fundamentally.

Yeah, that's an excellent point. I'm so damned tired of the politicization of this thing that I went hyperbolic. You're exactly right.

Unfortunately, the loudest among us don't seem to have any real interest in much beyond political posturing. Thankfully, those who choose not to pipe up say so much more by their actions.

Nbadan
09-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah, that's an excellent point. I'm so damned tired of the politicization of this thing that I went hyperbolic. You're exactly right.

Unfortunately, the loudest among us don't seem to have any real interest in much beyond political posturing. Thankfully, those who choose not to pipe up say so much more by their actions.

So now your either with the victims or against them? Working for a right-wing station does strange things to a liberal-at-heart.

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 04:50 PM
No, you're either human or a mindnumbing partisan bore.

JoeChalupa
09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I'm an American damnit!!!

gtownspur
09-07-2005, 05:32 PM
Hummm..when the Republicans needed to pass a bill to kiss up to the right-wing constituents in the whole Terry Schiavo fiasco, W, while on another vacation, flew to Washington overnight, but when a devastated New Orleans needed emergency funding and some federal over-sight in the critical search and rescue phase W flew to a fund-raiser in San Diego, flew back to Crawford, took 3 days to fly over the disaster zone, and after arriving in Washington, took another day to sign a bill and convene Congress. Kind of shows yaw where the Rights priorities are.

Dan you dont even believe your own manshake spewing from your mouf! W couldnt do anything to alleviate NO! FEMA is only limited to rescuing limited numbers of people in dire situations. FEma does not own their own bus line fucktwad!

The point is is that busses were needed and NO mayor fucked up.! you could have all the helicopters and troop envoys going to NO but it would of taken longer than using city buses which are made specifically for busing!

gtownspur
09-07-2005, 05:33 PM
So now your either with the victims or against them? Working for a right-wing station does strange things to a liberal-at-heart.

Everyone knows your stroking yourself while all the carnage is happening so that hopefully the president will look bad at this. You havent shed one greif through all this.Fuck off!

Hook Dem
09-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Everyone knows your stroking yourself while all the carnage is happening so that hopefully the president will look bad at this. You havent shed one greif through all this.Fuck off!
Dan's standard operating procedure!

Vashner
09-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Same as Clinton.. we tried to dig up dirt on him and dried semen.

Same with Bush.. I am sure they always try to get Condi's old clothes..

CharlieMac
09-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I'l admit, Bush should have cut the vacation shorter and head on to Washington the day before the hurricane hit. The outcome would have been the same, and the left would probably said he was playing on people's emotions, but atleast would woudn't be hearing shit like what Reid said.

If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm sure the left is just looking out for the little guy though.

cecil collins
09-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Another tool in the conservative bag of tricks.

The discussion isn't going as planned. Accuse racism, no already used that. Alright get mad that they are politicizing the affair, and accuse them of having no heart.

Maybe Dan is politicizing it, but it would seem only because he does care about what happened to these people, and wants to know who is responsible for the botched relief efforts. I guess you can twist it like he is just trying to make Bush look bad in front of some asses on a website, and then he will use it to catapult himself to site president. NBAdan for spurstalk.com president 2005. Not really, I'd vote for republiclandestino.

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 02:46 PM
Maybe Dan is politicizing it, but it would seem only because he does care about what happened to these people, and wants to know who is responsible for the botched relief efforts.

Stick around this board a little while longer. Plenty of people here decided who was responsible as soon as the possibility of a deadly storm was revealed by the NHC.

MiNuS
09-08-2005, 03:00 PM
Stick around this board a little while longer. Plenty of people here decided who was responsible as soon as the possibility of a deadly storm was revealed by the NHC.
No sir! As soon as the state of N.O. was declared a disaster area and Bush didn't come to N.O. until about Thursday that was it for me. It could have been Clinton.It could have been the Pope but don't you as an American,as a TEXAN,aren't you ashamed that even the Venezuelan President/Dictator is offerring help before Bush moves his ass? Common SENSE! I know where alot of people here in Texas are coming from but PLEASE!

boutons
09-08-2005, 03:36 PM
10's of USA $Ms and many moths of distraction on Repug witch hunts and impeachment against Clintons (Whitewater and blow-jobs) came first. Absolutely nothing came of either witch hunt, and nobody died.

How can Repugs and red-staters bitch when bi-partisan "witch hunts" seek to know why 1000's died and a city was destroyed by shrub/Repug incompetence?

You people are so tough when you're dishing it out, but when when it comes to being on the receiving end, a bunch of whining wimps. What goes round, comes round.

Marcus Bryant
09-08-2005, 03:57 PM
It's not only Democratic desperation fueled by a personal hatred of Bush that is currently on display throughout our national media, but also what I would characterize as the leftist contempt for the intelligence of the average African-American. It took all of two seconds after the hurricane hit before certain commentators and "voices" were trying to find a racial component to the tragedy. After all, there were tons of black faces on American TV screens. Then it must be racial! Or at least we can convince those dumb black people out there that it was a HurriKKKane that hit them.

Same old shit.

MiNuS
09-08-2005, 04:02 PM
It's not only Democratic desperation fueled by a personal hatred of Bush that is currently on display throughout our national media, but also what I would characterize as the leftist contempt for the intelligence of the average African-American. It took all of two seconds after the hurricane hit before certain commentators and "voices" were trying to find a racial component to the tragedy. After all, there were tons of black faces on American TV screens. Then it must be racial! Or at least we can convince those dumb black people out there that it was a HurriKKKane that hit them.

Same old shit.
STFU! and go listen to whatever your sensationalist FOX News station spews out!

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 04:05 PM
10's of USA $Ms and many moths of distraction on Repug witch hunts and impeachment against Clintons (Whitewater and blow-jobs) came first. Absolutely nothing came of either witch hunt, and nobody died.

How can Repugs and red-staters bitch when bi-partisan "witch hunts" seek to know why 1000's died and a city was destroyed by shrub/Repug incompetence?

You people are so tough when you're dishing it out, but when when it comes to being on the receiving end, a bunch of whining wimps. What goes round, comes round.

And there you go again.

Regardless of how your views on particular issues compare, your overall view of the country is exactly the same: Republican vs. Democrat. Which makes you as much of an idiot as (Republican Clinton haters) were and are.

If it's good enough for them, it's good enough for you, you say. And that makes you one of them. Congratulations.

The Ressurrected One
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Clinton Impeached.
Clinton disbarred.
Clinton pays settlement to plaintiff harmed by his perjury, suborning perjury, and obstructing justice.
Many Clinton administration officials indicted and convicted as a result of the "witch hunt."

I'd say a lot came of the "witch hunt." And, as far as people dying? Well, if Able Danger is corrected, Clinton appointee Gorelick facilitated the 9/11 attacks. And, the list could go on from the U.S.S. Cole to the first WTC bombing in '93.

Okay, let's see if you can be specific. Exactly what did the President do, or not do, that could be characterized as incompetence leading to the deaths of 1000's?

We're actually getting used to the Bush-hatred; and, watching the Democratic Party devolve into a bunch of Michael Moores is quite entertaining.

Marcus Bryant
09-08-2005, 04:14 PM

A classic "D" team response.

But unfortunately for you I am neither a member of the "R" team nor a regular viewer of "FOX News".

You are a rather close-minded individual.

Nbadan
09-08-2005, 04:14 PM
"There is a gathering here of hurricane victims testifying to the TV cameras about their difficulty in getting out of New Orleans.

http://www.democracycellproject.net/blog/archives/Katrina2.jpg

Probably about 200 people.

There's a lot of mainstream press here and a lot of people with signs that say shame...

Now they are walking across the street and standing directly in front of the White House and screaming, "Shame on Bush"."

DailyKOS (http://www.democracycellproject.net/blog/archives/Katrina2.jpg)

...but it's all a liberal conspiracy...

The Ressurrected One
09-08-2005, 04:15 PM

But unfortunately for you I am neither a member of the "R" team nor a regular viewer of "FOX News".

You are a rather closeminded individual.
I don't even get Fox News (unless I'm visiting friends or relatives) ...basic cable.

MiNuS
09-08-2005, 04:22 PM

I am not a closed minded individual and I really don't care by now whether Bush comes or goes or is on vacation for the rest of his tenure.Really.I am SO fucking numbed by all the shit that happens that its worthless to care anymore.

Believe it or not I do watch alot of Fox News. I do have to know what the devil is up to.

cecil collins
09-09-2005, 01:11 AM
I like how most of the Bush boasters on this site don't claim to be republican, even though they so blindly defend him they might as well.

Or at least we can convince those dumb black people out there that it was a HurriKKKane that hit them.

Cute, but baseless and unfounded. I don't know where you get this shit.

No, you're either human or a mindnumbing partisan bore.

Oh, but you are not partisan, you just hate all leftists and democrats.

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Right now I don't give a shit who caused it.

I want to be assurred that it won't happen again.
and than I want proof.

I want to know that things will be made right for the people of NO.

I want children back with their parents.

Than I want the Mayor, Govenor and the President to get in the same room, on TV and admit to what they knew, when they knew it, and apoligize for F'n up.

Even an Old fart like me can have Wants :lol , but it isn't going to happen!

They had at least 3 days notice, what would have happen if it had been a terror attack with no notice?

The Ressurrected One
09-09-2005, 08:03 AM
http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/Cartoons/09-09-2005.gif

AFE7FATMAN
09-10-2005, 12:55 AM
Nice Yoni, how about some assurance that Mr Bush, Nagin, and Blanco have learned
from this and are working with "MR Brown" who is now in Washington to get the shit
cleaned up.

Why can't people admit that "Everybody" F'd up. instead of trying to find degrees of guilt?