PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Where you at Dale?

05-01-2015, 02:17 PM
Get the hell out of the reading room. Going to need you get those barrels rolling tomorrow night :toast

Thread
05-01-2015, 02:22 PM
I have it at the bottom of the stairs & am waiting for 8PM or thereabouts tomorrow innin' to make Girl push whilst I pull that fucker up.

Then I'm gonna commissed to rollin'.

C'mon, CN, 1 time for Pappy.

Thread
05-01-2015, 02:27 PM
***& I see you down there, dj. I'll need you to stand by for action should CN flee the side door tomorrow nite.

Should it come to that are you going to be able to handle it, or, jam the jamb like CN may?

AlexJones
05-01-2015, 02:36 PM
***& I see you down there, dj. I'll need you to stand by for action should CN flee the side door tomorrow nite.

Should it come to that are you going to be able to handle it, or, jam the jamb like CN may?

roll out the barrels
we've got the blues on the run

Thread
05-01-2015, 02:46 PM
roll out the barrels
we've got the blues on the run

It's close, AJ.

I do not want to have to take the Greyhound to Los Angeles with that fuckin' Bag.

Just need for Paul & Griffin to hold on one more fuckin' game. Those motherfuckers.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2015, 03:04 PM
I have it at the bottom of the stairs & am waiting for 8PM or thereabouts tomorrow innin' to make Girl push whilst I pull that fucker up.

The amount of barrels I will be rolling with a win will be enough to send your chickenshit ass back to the reading room, Dale.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2015, 03:05 PM
It's close, AJ.

I do not want to have to take the Greyhound to Los Angeles with that fuckin' Bag.

The Bag already stays in Los Angeles.

AlexJones
05-01-2015, 03:05 PM
It's close, AJ.

Just need for Paul & Griffin to hold on one more fuckin' game. Those motherfuckers.

I'm with ya, Dale. We are all Clipper Nation on Saturday.

Splits
05-01-2015, 03:21 PM
It's close, AJ.

:lmao

Leading his team and ringing at 38, on the march again at 39

vs.

Last playoff game ever played at age 33

Who tired, old, and a shitbag?

Thread
05-01-2015, 07:02 PM
The amount of barrels I will be rolling with a win will be enough to send your chickenshit ass back to the reading room, Dale.

We will roll together.

Lose? I'm back in the Reading Room, toot sweet while dj & his people marshal their forces & strive to assassinate whom you could not.

- "Git 'er, dude, git 'er done."

- John Travolta - "Carrie"

Thread
05-01-2015, 07:03 PM
:lmao

Leading his team and ringing at 38, on the march again at 39

vs.

Last playoff game ever played at age 33

Who tired, old, and a shitbag?

Duncan...he needed to win his 5th twice.

DMC
05-01-2015, 07:15 PM

Where's that mountain you said the Spurs' plane needed to crash into? Cue the analogy excuse...

Thread
05-01-2015, 07:27 PM
Where's that mountain you said the Spurs' plane needed to crash into? Cue the analogy excuse...

I'm still hoping & praying it's up & out there.

DMC
05-01-2015, 07:54 PM
I'm still hoping & praying it's up & out there.

It would save their pride a bit back in SA, like Marshall, only you couldn't get Matt to play Pop. That would have to be Dwight Yoakam.

Thread
05-01-2015, 07:57 PM
It would save their pride a bit back in SA, like Marshall, only you couldn't get Matt to play Pop. That would have to be Dwight Yoakam.

He should have been nominated for "Doyle" in "Sling Blade." It's only improved with age.

- "You're a weird little fucker, Frankie, and I don't like ya."

DMC
05-01-2015, 08:00 PM
And he'd be a perfect fit for Mr Nastynice Pop. That same character tbh.

Mori Chu
05-02-2015, 01:58 AM
Hey Cubster, are you rooting for any particular team in the playoffs? Sure, you want the Spurs to be eliminated. But do you actually like any of the teams or want a particular team to win it all?

Thread
05-02-2015, 02:34 AM
Hey Cubster, are you rooting for any particular team in the playoffs? Sure, you want the Spurs to be eliminated. But do you actually like any of the teams or want a particular team to win it all?

It'll be a cold day in Hell before I talk turkey & treason with you. You treated me like shit, Mori, & I ain't the only you've done it too.

You're an ingrate, Mori.

Splits
05-02-2015, 11:15 AM

Kirby... his career was finished at age 33

Thread
05-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Kirby... his career was finished at age 33

But, he never had to win his 5th twice like Duncan did.

ha, ha.

Splits
05-02-2015, 11:33 AM

ha, ha.

33! Nary a playoff sniff since. And he didn't retire early either, he was actually trying!

33!

Thread
05-02-2015, 11:34 AM
33! Nary a playoff sniff since. And he didn't retire early either, he was actually trying!

33!

Still doesn't rise to level of Duncan giving away 1. And you know it, daddy.

Jesus Christ, just take it, Splits.

DMC
05-02-2015, 11:39 AM

ha, ha.
It took him 3 tries to get his 4th.

Agloco
05-02-2015, 11:40 AM

And he got it done.....at 38 no less.

You've been reduced to cheering for crosstown rivals because 48 is in full time rehab these days.

This is quite delicious indeed.

Thread
05-02-2015, 11:42 AM
And he got it done.....at 38 no less.

You've been reduced to cheering for crosstown rivals because 48 is in full time rehab these days.

This is quite delicious indeed.

I've never done the crosstown shit, Aggy. I plot my trough with whomever can butter my bread.

Thread
05-02-2015, 11:43 AM
It took him 3 tries to get his 4th.

But, he never had to win it twice like Duncan.

Jesus Christ, just take it, D. He fucked up and it cost you an NBA Title......Jeez, spoken out loud like this---is a bit staggering, huh?

Splits
05-02-2015, 11:46 AM
Still doesn't rise to level of Duncan giving away 1. And you know it, daddy.

Jesus Christ, just take it, Splits.

Take what? The greatest redemption story in modern sports history? Gladly.

Now tell me, what kind of "all time great" can't sniff the playoffs after the age of 33? And not for lack of trying. Like, he REALLY tried hard to get his 3 HOF teammates into the playoffs for The Sweep. How many years left on that contract? Will 33 be the age he played his last playoff game?

Agloco
05-02-2015, 11:46 AM
I've never done the crosstown shit, Aggy. I plot my trough with whomever can butter my bread.

Fully realized in the Rockets thread.

Keep crawling while we get the banjos warmed up.

Thread
05-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Take what? The greatest redemption story in modern sports history? Gladly.

Now tell me, what kind of "all time great" can't sniff the playoffs after the age of 33? And not for lack of trying. Like, he REALLY tried hard to get his 3 HOF teammates into the playoffs for The Sweep. How many years left on that contract? Will 33 be the age he played his last playoff game?

You can't redeem that, Splits. This is old ground and I'm not spending my Saturday morning going over it with you, you fuckin' numbskull, you.

Grow up

DMC
05-02-2015, 11:51 AM
But, he never had to win it twice like Duncan.

Jesus Christ, just take it, D. He fucked up and it cost you an NBA Title......Jeez, spoken out loud like this---is a bit staggering, huh?

No one here would ever consider Chauncey Billups an MVP had Kobe not granted him his 1st. Kevin Garnett would be a crybaby story had Kobe not granted him and Paul Pierce their firsts. These were both done while Kobe had the most stacked team in league history, all because he raped and froze out the best center of all time.

Meanwhile Tim wasn't even in the game during that 6th, and the series wasn't even decided until the 7th.

It's your narrative Dale, you just hate it that others won't buy into it.

Thread
05-02-2015, 11:54 AM
No one here would ever consider Chauncey Billups an MVP had Kobe not granted him his 1st. Kevin Garnett would be a crybaby story had Kobe not granted him and Paul Pierce their firsts. These were both done while Kobe had the most stacked team in league history, all because he raped and froze out the best center of all time.

Meanwhile Tim wasn't even in the game during that 6th, and the series wasn't even decided until the 7th.

It's your narrative Dale, you just hate it that others won't buy into it.

Of course it's mine & mine alone. Christ, Media let you walk. I have no such intention. I'll drag you thru the shit till the day I die over it. You deserve nothing less. That thing was in the case, they were selling your Title gear. Duncan let go of the wheel for a like 3 seconds and it cost you an NBA Title.

You'll wear that mask till you love it!!!

Splits
05-02-2015, 11:57 AM
You can't redeem that, Splits. This is old ground and I'm not spending my Saturday morning going over it with you, you fuckin' numbskull, you.

Grow up

You know quite well, without 6 there is no 5.

And please do tell, how can a "superstar" try so so hard yet fail to sniff the playoffs only a year or two out of his prime? 33? Really? That's the age he makes his last playoff appearance? A failed one at that?

Thread
05-02-2015, 11:59 AM
You know quite well, without 6 there is no 5.

And please do tell, how can a "superstar" try so so hard yet fail to sniff the playoffs only a year or two out of his prime? 33? Really? That's the age he makes his last playoff appearance? A failed one at that?

You're equating Kobe's abstract failure to make the playoffs with Duncan's tossing an NBA Title into a dumpster?

You sad little man, you.

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
You're equating Kobe's abstract failure to make the playoffs with Duncan's tossing an NBA Title into a dumpster?

You sad little man, you.

Duncan grabbed that title, singing the greatest Redemption Song in modern sports history, while Kirbs was playing footsie with father time.

Please point me to other "superstars", in any sport, that never played a meaningful game past the age of 33?

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:05 PM
Old pirates, yes, they rob I;
Sold I to the merchant ships,
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the Almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.
Won't you help to sing....

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:05 PM
These songs of freedom

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:06 PM
Cause all I ever have!
Redemption songs
Redemption songs

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy,
'Cause none of them can stop the time.......
How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfill de book.

Thread
05-02-2015, 12:08 PM
Duncan grabbed that title, singing the greatest Redemption Song in modern sports history, while Kirbs was playing footsie with father time.

Please point me to other "superstars", in any sport, that never played a meaningful game past the age of 33?

How in the fuck can one redeem something that one was never indicted for? You can't at default and you certainly can't if you were never indicted. Nobody said a fuckin' word about '13 until they'd won '14.

We lived, I say we lived with June '84 every single day until June '85. We were hounded, ridiculed, made naked, denigrated, and cast down for entire, and not only to deride us for '84, but, to stop us from our redemption in '85. Yes, they (Media & Celtics) knew we coming and in league they did all in their powers to prevent us...

- "I'm still 6'10", 240"

- Mitch Kupchak - knee shackled, in tears - Boston, Massachusetts - 9 June 1985

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:26 PM
- "We'll do it this time"

- Tim Duncan - stoic as ever - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - 31 May 2014

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Minutes after they took I
From the bottomless pit.
But my hand was made strong
By the hand of the Almighty.
We forward in this generation
Triumphantly.

Thread
05-02-2015, 12:30 PM
- "We'll do it this time"

- Tim Duncan - stoic as ever - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - 31 May 2014

- "My husband likes to take it up the ass."

- Amy Duncan

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:30 PM
Triumphantly.

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Age 38:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/950/936/hi-res-c7212b09d107dd6a1d58cabf5911e62e_crop_north.jpg?w= 630&h=420&q=75

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:32 PM
Triumphantly!

DMC
05-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Of course it's mine & mine alone. Christ, Media let you walk. I have no such intention. I'll drag you thru the shit till the day I die over it. You deserve nothing less. That thing was in the case, they were selling your Title gear. Duncan let go of the wheel for a like 3 seconds and it cost you an NBA Title.

You'll wear that mask till you love it!!!
It is yours alone though. Your team is the worst in the league and is paying a guy half the salary cap to tweet about soccer. This fairy tale you've scripted is falling on deaf ears around here, and you repeating it ad nauseum doesn't seem be causing it to take root, much to your chagrin obviously.

DMC
05-02-2015, 12:40 PM
- "My husband likes to take it up the ass."

- Amy Duncan

Only pussies and assholes create false quotes. You know better.

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Age 33:

http://wagesofwins.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/kobe-bryant-achilles.jpg

Kool Bob Love
05-02-2015, 01:09 PM
Fuck that SOB. He really coming out when it's safe at 3-3.

Splits
05-02-2015, 01:22 PM

The age his demi-god played his last playoff game

Thread
05-02-2015, 01:38 PM

Need I remind you that in the not too distant past it was you that was begging me to leave the Reading Room and return to the Forum? Yep, you sulked so much that one of the fellows chewed your ass out for it. I may indeed be pussy in this instance and prone to hen house ways but you canvassed for my return, bub.

And how is 3-3 "safe?" I've never shirked my responsibility to show up at the final count. When we last rang in '10 this place was devoid of SF for two gd weeks.

Leetonidas
05-02-2015, 01:41 PM
Kobe had to win #4 twice, tbh

Thread
05-02-2015, 01:45 PM
Kobe had to win #4 twice, tbh

That's just silly. And coming from a charter member no less. And the proof in the pudding? Nary an indictment was every handed up over it until I handed mine up for '13.

You guys just can't take it. Shit, you weren't even messed with nationally at the time. Only some poor old sexually inadequate senior brought it up on an Internet sports forum. Hell, without me there'd be nothing to mark the gd spot.

Me

DMC
05-02-2015, 02:58 PM
The title of the thread beckons him. Don't whistle, the dog won't come.

DMC
05-02-2015, 03:00 PM
That's just silly. And coming from a charter member no less. And the proof in the pudding? Nary an indictment was every handed up over it until I handed mine up for '13.

You guys just can't take it. Shit, you weren't even messed with nationally at the time. Only some poor old sexually inadequate senior brought it up on an Internet sports forum. Hell, without me there'd be nothing to mark the gd spot.

Me

It's a fact that it took Kobe 3 tries to get 1 title. He's 5 for 7. Tim is 5 for 6. Either way it's 5.

Kobe missed his MJ moment when he failed to 3peat but giving yet another ring to the East coast greenies.

Leetonidas
05-02-2015, 03:11 PM

Me

You know in your heart that #4 was a shoo-in before Bryant decided he wanted to try and wear Daddy's size 22s. Lakers had a formality round on their hands before Kobe decided to open the case and hand it back before it was locked. You know this to be true, there is no denial

Thread
05-02-2015, 03:19 PM
It's a fact that it took Kobe 3 tries to get 1 title. He's 5 for 7. Tim is 5 for 6. Either way it's 5.

Kobe missed his MJ moment when he failed to 3peat but giving yet another ring to the East coast greenies.

No. Your 1st 5th was in the cupboard and you had to surrender it upon command of league stewards. We've never had one in there and made to give it up. Your regrets are your own, D. I have some sympathy for you, yes, but, not much.

If you'd a been made to suffer for '13 you'd be better men now. I'm branded by '84. That why I loiter the Reading Room. You suffer no brands. You've never been touched by the scalding iron. You don't know. You're innately ignorant, and I feel sorry for you fellows for that ignorance. You'll never know the baptism of heated flesh & broken mind. You were given a pass only because of the temporal. You, (we) exist in a society of no losers. We're all winners. Media won't cast you down into the fires. So, when you rang in '14 it was only (you) and some old local fuck (me) in the room. When I rang in '85 they're was a whole bunch of motherfuckers in that room. And this young fuck? I threw the bolt on the door.

Thread
05-02-2015, 03:22 PM
You know in your heart that #4 was a shoo-in before Bryant decided he wanted to try and wear Daddy's size 22s. Lakers had a formality round on their hands before Kobe decided to open the case and hand it back before it was locked. You know this to be true, there is no denial

Sure, it looked like a ringer, but, that was a mistaken belief. It was never in the cupboard. Should of been, but, it wasn't. Yours was in there, it was over. Over, over. And then you fucked up and Dale jerked the lever on the Boy and come a runnin'.

You're gonna have to take it, Lee, at least as long as I'm on this Forum.

Leetonidas
05-02-2015, 03:27 PM
Should of been, but, it wasn't.

It was until Bryant decided to hand it back

Thread
05-02-2015, 03:29 PM
It was until Bryant decided to hand it back

He never had it. Should have, but, he didn't. Duncan had it, put it in the case, started adding up his ciphers, roof caved in, I got up offin' my ass.

Clipper Nation
05-02-2015, 03:32 PM
He never had it.
He had it, but, couldn't give it away to Billups fast enough.

Thread
05-02-2015, 03:33 PM
He had it, but, couldn't give it away to Billups fast enough.

Just shut up and concentrate on tonite. Are you, or, are you not going to end this tonite?

DMC
05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
No. Your 1st 5th was in the cupboard and you had to surrender it upon command of league stewards. We've never had one in there and made to give it up. Your regrets are your own, D. I have some sympathy for you, yes, but, not much.

That's a dishonest, desperate attempt to regain footing here. Spurs pissed away a championship opportunity, but you've tried to make a bit of hyperbole into an outright fact. You cannot unwin a championship. You either win or you don't. That isn't even the first time a team has lost after being up 5 points near the end of the game, and even then they lost that game in overtime. There was no cupboard, no trophy to give back. It's just you with that logo under your name of an irrelevant franchise trying as best as you can to nurture something that was dead when you planted it.

If you'd a been made to suffer for '13 you'd be better men now. I'm branded by '84. That why I loiter the Reading Room. You suffer no brands. You've never been touched by the scalding iron. You don't know. You're innately ignorant, and I feel sorry for you fellows for that ignorance. You'll never know the baptism of heated flesh & broken mind. You were given a pass only because of the temporal. You, (we) exist in a society of no losers. We're all winners. Media won't cast you down into the fires. So, when you rang in '14 it was only (you) and some old local fuck (me) in the room. When I rang in '85 they're was a whole bunch of motherfuckers in that room. And this young fuck? I threw the bolt on the door.
If the Spurs didn't suffer they wouldn't have won last year. They didn't suffer this year, so they aren't motivated to win. They were made better men by how close they got to the brass ring only to miss it, but it's dishonest as hell to say they won it and gave it back. Perhaps they felt like they gave it back, but that's part of the lesson they learned.... they never had it to begin with but acted like they did.

You chose to support the most popular team in the league, almost in the world in fact... so it's no surprise there were more voices when they failed than when the Spurs failed. Spurs don't get any attention, pass or fail. How much has the NBA or the media used the Spurs win last year as advertising material this year? Nope, it's still the guy who lost, Lebron James. Kobe still gets more coverage than the entire Spurs organization.

Why you want the rain and don't want the wet is beyond me.