PDA

View Full Version : So it's game 7...

dochay
05-01-2015, 11:09 PM
Both teams have played close. Both have a win on the road and have an easy win.
What about this series makes so many around here concede game 7? Aren't the Spurs the defending champions who have proved they have the mettle to win it all?

Geez, thank goodness your team doesn't have the attitude you do.

sananspursfan21
05-01-2015, 11:12 PM
Yup.

ParadoxEN
05-01-2015, 11:19 PM
I'd like to agree with you (and I'm generally pretty optimistic about the Spurs), but it just seems like the Clippers are in complete control:

They have the two best players in the series;
they're significantly more athletic;
they have home-court; and
they're coming off a win

And that doesn't even cover all the issues the Spurs have.

I hope I'm wrong.

Horry Hipcheck
05-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Both teams have played close. Both have a win on the road and have an easy win.
What about this series makes so many around here concede game 7? Aren't the Spurs the defending champions who have proved they have the mettle to win it all?

Geez, thank goodness your team doesn't have the attitude you do.

If I may play devil's advocate, aside from the routine annual cliff-jumping that occurs here (it literally starts after the first loss of any series) most reasonable people might look at Game 6 as a glorious opportunity to capitalize on a Game 5 result that few of us probably expected. Leading 3-2, at home? Surely a team with the championship pedigree of the Spurs would come out and take care of business, even if it got ugly. Instead, however, for the second time this series alone, the Spurs had a chance - at home both times - to either take full command of the series or close it out, and both times they failed to do so. Aside from Game 3, they haven't played like the team we watched just a month ago as it went Total War on the rest of the league. If anything, their competitiveness has kept them in the victories until the Clippers finally made the mistakes down the stretch.

So, in short, we've watched the Spurs squander TWO unbelievable opportunities to drop the hammer on LA. It's fairly easy, then, to think "if they can't get it done at home, with a series lead already in hand, why should we expect them to win a do-or-die Game 7 on the road?" The Spurs have played in such a way for most of this series that it's honestly gratifying for them to be sitting at 3-3 at all.

That said, the two other times LA has stormed back to tie the series and rob the Spurs of momentum, the Spurs have responded in LA. Not pretty, by any means, but they showed the fortitude to win against adversity in those games (2 and 5) to the extent that I've already become accustomed to the idea that Staples might as well be their home court this series - they've won there more often than they have at AT&T. It stands to reason, as a counterpoint, that they'll respond to the Game 6 loss and win a nailbiter in Game 7. But then again, LA's playing knowing they've staved off two SA haymakers. They're going to be fired up to be at home with a chance to rebound from 2-3.

SnakeBoy
05-02-2015, 01:40 AM
I'd like to agree with you (and I'm generally pretty optimistic about the Spurs), but it just seems like the Clippers are in complete control:

They have the two best players in the series;
they're significantly more athletic;
they have home-court; and
they're coming off a win

And that doesn't even cover all the issues the Spurs have.

I hope I'm wrong.

And yet the Clippers haven't been able to beat the Spurs twice in a row. Game 7 is a coin flip imo but I would give the slight edge to the Spurs. As long as the Spurs make it a tight game I think there's a good chance the Clippers will start to feel the pressure of the chokes of playoffs past and start making mental errors.

heyheymymy
05-02-2015, 04:26 AM
If I may play devil's advocate, aside from the routine annual cliff-jumping that occurs here (it literally starts after the first loss of any series) most reasonable people might look at Game 6 as a glorious opportunity to capitalize on a Game 5 result that few of us probably expected. Leading 3-2, at home? Surely a team with the championship pedigree of the Spurs would come out and take care of business, even if it got ugly. Instead, however, for the second time this series alone, the Spurs had a chance - at home both times - to either take full command of the series or close it out, and both times they failed to do so. Aside from Game 3, they haven't played like the team we watched just a month ago as it went Total War on the rest of the league. If anything, their competitiveness has kept them in the victories until the Clippers finally made the mistakes down the stretch.

So, in short, we've watched the Spurs squander TWO unbelievable opportunities to drop the hammer on LA. It's fairly easy, then, to think "if they can't get it done at home, with a series lead already in hand, why should we expect them to win a do-or-die Game 7 on the road?" The Spurs have played in such a way for most of this series that it's honestly gratifying for them to be sitting at 3-3 at all.

That said, the two other times LA has stormed back to tie the series and rob the Spurs of momentum, the Spurs have responded in LA. Not pretty, by any means, but they showed the fortitude to win against adversity in those games (2 and 5) to the extent that I've already become accustomed to the idea that Staples might as well be their home court this series - they've won there more often than they have at AT&T. It stands to reason, as a counterpoint, that they'll respond to the Game 6 loss and win a nailbiter in Game 7. But then again, LA's playing knowing they've staved off two SA haymakers. They're going to be fired up to be at home with a chance to rebound from 2-3.

Solid and refreshing take, thank you for your reply.

Yuixafun
05-02-2015, 07:38 AM
I'm just hoping the Spurs are due for a game where they shoot lights out.

I hope they remember the joy of being who they are, and play for each other, win or lose.

TDomination
05-02-2015, 08:20 AM

Good Post

We're just like any team fans, after a loss we knee jerk, overreact. And actually after every win as well. Its either lottery team here we come after a loss or we are going to win the championship, after a win.

But thats any team. I went to the Clippers fan forum and man they gave their team no chance in game 4. Most of them gave up after game 5 too. But I could understand them, they are CLIPPER FANS. I mean what have they won, nothing.

We have seen spurs bounce back during times we thought they were done, which has been about at least 1000 times since 2005. So yeah, its a little annoying when after a loss against a great team, everyone is saying we are horrible, we suck we're done, we're giving farewells to every player that is on the roster. Geez guys at least wait till after game 7. But I know thats like talking to a wall. For fickle spurs fans will do fickle spurs fans things.

TampaDude
05-02-2015, 08:23 AM
Spurs are done.

Now I can concentrate on hockey.