PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Are they going to change the seeding system?

Caltex2
05-02-2015, 12:00 AM
The Guests ruined the seed pairings this year in the west and not only were they dismissed early but it allowed the Grizzlies an easier matchup than they deserved as well as forced the Clippers and Spurs to face a tougher opponent than they deserved. It's as good as a conference finals. It's absurd because divisions and division titles are meaningless in the NBA unlike in the MLB and the NFL where teams play each other more inter-division during the season.

They really need to just scrap the divisions altogether and go by conference like in the really old days.

Infinite_limit
05-02-2015, 12:10 AM
IMO geographical rivalries don't exist in the NBA like in the other domestic sports. So ya rewarding divisions is rather pointless. The issue is scheduling. Your first clue is why does the NBA split the teams East vs West. Baseball and NFL dont

Thread
05-02-2015, 12:23 AM
Forget all that happy horseshit and just see if you can act like gd championship team going forth. Stop complaining about the officiating, the scheduling and the injuries. Put it out there, leave it out there and live with the result,,,without showing your gd ass.

This goes for everybody. I sat in that Room and read this shit for the past two weeks. You make me ashamed to conduct myself here.

Silver&Black
05-02-2015, 12:27 AM
^
Still Ornery....

Caltex2
05-02-2015, 12:35 AM
IMO geographical rivalries don't exist in the NBA like in the other domestic sports. So ya rewarding divisions is rather pointless. The issue is scheduling. Your first clue is why does the NBA split the teams East vs West. Baseball and NFL dont

They don't have to do so and it'd be more fun to have more teams travel to different parts of the country. I'm sure people in LA would like to see the Knicks and Nets more often and people in NY the Lakers and Clippers more often.

Caltex2
05-02-2015, 12:37 AM
^
Still Ornery....

I'm not sure what drew that reaction either. It's almost like he's in the wrong thread :wakeup:

Thread
05-02-2015, 02:35 AM
I'm not sure what drew that reaction either. It's almost like he's in the wrong thread :wakeup:

Bend over. I'll show you a wrong fuckin' thread.

Caltex2
05-02-2015, 02:38 AM
All I can say is 420.

Someone call the Los Angeles Narcotics Department. :wakeup:

TDMVPDPOY
05-02-2015, 02:47 AM
they have like 1-2 days break inbetween each game, why the need for conferences...fck that shit teams below 500 have no business being in the playoffs, i dont care if it wins the championship

Caltex2
05-02-2015, 10:14 AM
The West has dominated the East for so long you wonder if they'll also either scrap the conference system altogether or at least the current playoff format. If winning you division just meant making the playoffs overall, it'd be better.

Agloco
05-02-2015, 11:57 AM
Forget all that happy horseshit and just see if you can act like gd championship team going forth. Stop complaining about the officiating, the scheduling and the injuries. Put it out there, leave it out there and live with the result,,,without showing your gd ass.

This goes for everybody. I sat in that Room and read this shit for the past two weeks. You make me ashamed to conduct myself here.

You get to be salty about this when your team has some skin in the game.

Let the contenders ponder this one thanks.

Splits
05-02-2015, 12:00 PM
OP is a faggot.

Claiming division titles don't matter when that's all his team will be raising to the rafters come fall.

Where you been the last 6 years? Oh really? Well go back.

Thread
05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
You get to be salty about this when your team has some skin in the game.

Let the contenders ponder this one thanks.

You're not all in though. Done your way you can always lean on injuries, officiating and scheduling at loss. It's pussy. It's chickenshit. It should have no place in this Forum.

And to even suggest that I have no place here because the Lakers didn't qualify is equally pussy & chickenshit.

Agloco
05-02-2015, 12:23 PM
You're not all in though. Done your way you can always lean on injuries, officiating and scheduling at loss. It's pussy. It's chickenshit. It should have no place in this Forum.

And to even suggest that I have no place here because the Lakers didn't qualify is equally pussy & chickenshit.

Meh. Continuing business as usual just because is the ultimate chickenshit move IMO. There's room for improvement here, your rambling aside.

I'm unsure where you fit in any social circles, nor do I really care. My comments were borne of your incessant need for validation no matter the price. Fact is the Lakers aren't vested and neither are you. Ain't all o' the hoping in the world gonna change that.

Have a beer and relax. Life is good.

Thread
05-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Meh. Continuing business as usual just because is the ultimate chickenshit move IMO. There's room for improvement here, your rambling aside.

I'm unsure where you fit in any social circles, nor do I really care. My comments were borne of your incessant need for validation no matter the price. Fact is the Lakers aren't vested and neither are you. Ain't all o' the hoping in the world gonna change that.

Have a beer and relax. Life is good.

Horseshit. When we rang in '10 this place was a ghost town for a fortnight. Why? Because SF was vested and heavily so. And what's more it wasn't even the Lakers ringing that galled you the most. It was Kobe ringing that boiled your blood.

You play the injury/officiating/scheduling card whenever you're about to compete, or, lose. That way you're covered.

It's chickenshit. It's pussy.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2015, 02:09 PM

Absolute horseshit

Thread
05-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Absolute horseshit

It's a fact. When I'm on board you fuckers toe-the-line concerning officiating, injuries and scheduling. As soon as I leave for the Reading Room it starts up. It's shameful.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2015, 02:26 PM
It's a fact. When I'm on board you fuckers toe-the-line concerning officiating, injuries and scheduling. As soon as I leave for the Reading Room it starts up. It's shameful.

This sentence is not what I highlighted the fact that you're "ashamed to be here" is absolute horseshit

Thread
05-02-2015, 02:31 PM
This sentence is not what I highlighted the fact that you're "ashamed to be here" is absolute horseshit

Sure, it was a bit melodramatic.

tee, hee.

unforeseen
05-02-2015, 02:41 PM

tee, hee.

Might be the last day of you shining out shoes.
Get to it.
Chop chop.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2015, 02:47 PM

tee, hee.

no hint of drama it was an outright lie

Thread
05-02-2015, 02:49 PM
no hint of drama it was an outright lie

I see your asshole is tighter than a nun's snootch.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2015, 02:54 PM
I see your asshole is tighter than a nun's snootch.

in situations that were not as dire as the ones we face today, i've still had instance to call you out on your bullshit. When it is your opinion there is no need when it is your twisted logic there is no course. But in this instance you were lying through your teeth

Caltex2
05-02-2015, 03:04 PM
OP is a faggot.

Claiming division titles don't matter when that's all his team will be raising to the rafters come fall.

Where you been the last 6 years? Oh really? Well go back.

No, division titles don't matter. If the Rockets had lost to the Mavs, I wouldn't have said "oh well, at least they won the division title this year." Even if they win the West, I wouldn't care.

You should care, the Blazers seeding forced the Spurs into a tougher matchup than before.

Trainwreck2100
05-02-2015, 03:19 PM
No, division titles don't matter. If the Rockets had lost to the Mavs, I wouldn't have said "oh well, at least they won the division title this year." Even if they win the West, I wouldn't care.

You should care, the Blazers seeding forced the Spurs into a tougher matchup than before.

the spurs shit play during the season forced them into the matchup with the clips

Caltex2
05-02-2015, 03:25 PM
And the fact that the NBA forces division champions in top 4 regardless of record and without guaranteeing HCA.

Obstructed_View
05-02-2015, 04:27 PM
the spurs loss to the Knicks during the season forced them into the matchup with the clips