PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge: Spurs at top of list per reports

Agloco
05-02-2015, 07:37 AM
It might happen after all?

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/5/1/8525177/lamarcus-aldridge-has-spurs-at-the-top-of-the-list-in-free-agency-per

DarrinS
05-02-2015, 07:38 AM
Good article. Thanks :tu

100%duncan
05-02-2015, 07:45 AM
:flag:

FlAVaK
05-02-2015, 07:52 AM
Why the extra-thread?

And why not post the original "source"?

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/3803/steins-scoop-next-for-blazers-aldridge

Nothing new, in my ears...

Even though Portland is the only team in the race with the right to put a five-year offer on the table, it's no stretch to suggest that more league insiders expect Aldridge to bolt in free agency compared to the number expecting him to stay.

But the consistent word on the personnel grapevine at the minute informs us that San Antonio and Dallas not only both believe they have a real shot at signing him but are also legitimately in Aldridge's thoughts.

We're hearing Aldridge connected to both of those teams so frequently that you can only conclude that neither idea scares him.

Yet sources insist -- at, yes, this early juncture -- that San Antonio sits near or at the top of Aldridge's list ... unless the Cleveland Cavaliers were to lose Kevin Love and then somehow manufacture a way to sign-and-trade for him.

05-02-2015, 08:16 AM
The Spurs have been at the top of the list for a lot of FA's, but they always decide to go somewhere else.

This won't be any different. I think he ultimately stays in Portland.

Agloco
05-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Why the extra-thread?

If there's another thread with discussion of SA being on the top of Aldridges list, I didnt see it. Apologies. Not everyone has time to scour this board.

And why not post the original "source"?

Probably because its just not that important to me. Given enough time I'm certain that you'll get over it too.

Russo21
05-02-2015, 08:40 AM
LMA's kid lives in San Antonio... FWIW

milkyway21
05-02-2015, 08:42 AM
It might happen after all?

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/5/1/8525177/lamarcus-aldridge-has-spurs-at-the-top-of-the-list-in-free-agency-per

Why not? Pry him back to his hometown.

I suggested his name last year, but it seems nobody wants to believe he would consider leaving Portland.

Sorry ttlong :)

K...
05-02-2015, 09:08 AM
The only new info was

"Answer: We're hearing Aldridge connected to both (Dallas and SA) of those teams so frequently that you can only conclude that neither idea scares him."

but they leave out :who is talking, when did they talk, what did they talk about, etc

CGD
05-02-2015, 09:51 AM
One of the ESPN commentators was suggesting that, if he did leave Portland, LA might want a short term deal so he can seek a bigger payday once the cap increases. That would be the best of both worlds, in my opinion, since it would more closely line up with Tony's deal. Spurs could decide to move on from both of them, or double down on LA if he ends up being good for the spurs + have space to bring in a new PG.

ElNono
05-02-2015, 01:00 PM
too early right now...

Mugen
05-02-2015, 01:02 PM
:lol I'd put the chances at less than 5%. Dis nigga is gonna go to the highest bidder outside of Portland and I don't think it'll be da spurs tbh...

Dingle Barry
05-02-2015, 01:18 PM
One of the ESPN commentators was suggesting that, if he did leave Portland, LA might want a short term deal so he can seek a bigger payday once the cap increases. That would be the best of both worlds, in my opinion, since it would more closely line up with Tony's deal. Spurs could decide to move on from both of them, or double down on LA if he ends up being good for the spurs + have space to bring in a new PG.
He's 30. That would be unwise in my opinion.

dbreiden83080
05-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Unless Love leaves Cleveland :lol

All these players wanting to be 2nd fiddle to Lebron..

$pursDynasty
05-02-2015, 05:44 PM

you know I hope this isn't true because it might make me rethink my desire for LMA. These modern players come off like such pussies wanting to be up under Lebron. Wanting to be the man in SA and continue a dynasty is admirable but being a wuss in the Lebron brigade is NOT!

spursnatic
05-02-2015, 06:20 PM
If he does pick the SPURS how do you guys think it will affect Tim and Manu's decisions on retirement?

look_at_g_shred
05-02-2015, 06:21 PM
If he does pick the SPURS how do you guys think it will affect Tim and Manu's decisions on retirement?
If the Spurs could make it work, I'm sure they will.

PingPong
05-02-2015, 06:29 PM

If he wants to 'raise his profile', why he should go to Cavs, where Le Bron and Uncle Irving are the stars already?

littlecoyotecoin
05-02-2015, 06:32 PM
LMA's kid lives in San Antonio... FWIW

How many kids he ha?

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2015, 06:33 PM
How many kids he ha?

Five

99 Problems
05-02-2015, 06:34 PM
The Spurs have been at the top of the list for a lot of FA's, but they always decide to go somewhere else.

This won't be any different. I think he ultimately stays in Portland.

Many top FA are never about sacrifice. It's about winning here and that means sacrifice and doing it Pop's way. You don't have to be humble but you gotta keep you mouth closed. It's a shame so much talent goes to cities where everything is accepted/expected except winning.

littlecoyotecoin
05-02-2015, 06:41 PM
Five

NY
LA
CHI
MIA
SA

cantthinkofanything
05-02-2015, 07:07 PM
How many kids he ha?

Including you?