PDA

View Full Version : The stage is set for Kawhi...

Vash StampedE
05-02-2015, 09:01 AM
...to show that he is capable of carrying this team now, over the Clippers...and in the future (when Tim Duncan retires). Pop, Tim, Parker have already said it and many of us Spurs fans believe: He is the future of the Spurs. What he has contributed so far and his DPOY award have only shown us how valuable he is to the team. When the front office drafted him, Kawhi has done nothing but made this team relevant again... helping Spurs reach WCF in his rookie year and then the Finals the next 2 years. But last game 6 was a no-show, if you compare it to the standards he has set for himself in the first 2 or 3 games.

The LAC is a young, talented team and they, especially CP3, are very hungry for success. I don't know if the Spurs can match that fire, that intensity. Should the LAC win, they very much deserve it. But being a die hard Spurs fan, losing this game 7 would be unacceptable, heartbreaking because of its possible aftermaths: possibly a very horrible last game for Manu and Tim, and losing a chance to repeat so early in the playoffs.

But here we are. A number of hours before the win-or-go-home game for both teams. An unpredictable series between two evenly-matched teams in which the road team has won the last 3 games. Me wishing that trend continues and the trend of how Kawhi has helped the Spurs go deep into the playoffs. But this time, I hope Kawhi leads this team now, this game 7.

DarrinS
05-02-2015, 09:10 AM
I don't think they should try to force too much offense through KL unless there's a great mismatch. I'd rather KL be able to focus on D. I'd love to see some steals and easy transition points. We haven't seen much of that this series.

Raven
05-02-2015, 09:12 AM
we are not believing in the system. We have gone away from the system a few games from the regular season finale and it's cost us. We have cut cojo out of the rotation for no reason and gave up on defense and ball movement, expecting whoknowswhat. The way to win is not with heroball or a bunch of belinelli awful made triples in a row. It's through defense and ball movement. We go away from that, we're toast.

DarrinS
05-02-2015, 09:15 AM
we are not believing in the system. We have gone away from the system a few games from the regular season finale and it's cost us. We have cut cojo out of the rotation for no reason and gave up on defense and ball movement, expecting whoknowswhat. The way to win is not with heroball or a bunch of belinelli awful made triples in a row. It's through defense and ball movement. We go away from that, we're toast.

The one game when the Spurs were really locked in on D, the Clips got blown out. Easier said than done to play great D against the Clips, though.

cd98
05-02-2015, 09:19 AM
I'd like Kawhi to take over, but I think the media were too quick to make him a top 10 player in the NBA. He's got that kind of talent and he's getting better in that role, but he's got a lot to overcome to be great. He's got to have his playoff struggles just like all young stars do.

JohnnyMax
05-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Enrique will do his best to keep the ball away from Kawhi

http://www.pmq.com/images/cache/cache_b/cache_f/cache_9/CharlieBrown-174c79fb.jpeg

Vash StampedE
05-02-2015, 09:45 AM
Back then after game 1, I thought Kawhi can't handle the offense load that we'd hope he'd assume. But in games 2 and 3 (I think 4 as well) he exploded, scored the ball well and was able to create plays for others. For some reason, these past 2 games he didn't get enough touches even though Crawford and Barnes were still the players guarding him. I really don't know why Pop doesn't exploit that matchup. As for Parker, he's really starting to make me a Parker-hater. Yes he's scorer, not a pass-first PG but if you know you're injured and you can't play your game, as the team's primary PG you need to find ways to help the win team and find their spots. It really pisses me when he crosses the half court and starts to "orchestate" the offense, he doesn't recognize Kawhi's advantage against his defender.

therealtruth
05-02-2015, 11:21 AM
The one game when the Spurs were really locked in on D, the Clips got blown out. Easier said than done to play great D against the Clips, though.

Just need one more game like that.

wildchild
05-02-2015, 12:15 PM
...Pop, Tim, Parker have already said it

Obviously Pop can say what he wants but his game plan is another thing.

Kawhi should be able to attack the rim but playing with two bigs like Tiago/Baynes and Tim, the spacing problem is brutal...And Pop hasn't yet found a solution to this.

If Kawhi is the future of the team he shouldn't beg for the ball or have low attempts per game in the regular season, that's his time to experiment and learn.

Tony'll play for the Spurs at least 3 years more and if Kawhi is the future...why Pop didn' try to involve both in two-man plays to build some chemistry between them as offensive duo?

I know, this starts to get a bit boring and repetitive but it's hard to believe Kawhi is the future when Pop isn't willing to make changes in his offensive system to add a significant piece.

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Stage was set in Game 6, didn't turn out good

Kool Bob Love
05-02-2015, 01:05 PM

RD2191
05-02-2015, 01:07 PM
Enrique will do his best to keep the ball away from Kawhi

http://www.pmq.com/images/cache/cache_b/cache_f/cache_9/CharlieBrown-174c79fb.jpeg

05-02-2015, 01:55 PM

FkLA
05-02-2015, 01:59 PM
He's getting the same shots he got in Games 2 and 3 they're just not falling. Just a slump. Hopefully they start falling today again or we're fucked.

What has been pissing me off all series though is that Doc is acting like his son is a defensive stopper to justify giving him minutes. He's actually putting Rivers on Kawhi and Kawhi hasn't done a damn thing about it. There is absolutely no reason why that scrub of all scrubs should be able to guard him tbh.

RD2191
05-02-2015, 02:00 PM
He's getting the same shots he got in Games 2 and 3 they're just not falling. Just a slump. Hopefully they start falling today again or we're fucked.

What has been pissing me off all series though is that Doc is acting like his son is a defensive stopper to justify giving him minutes. He's actually putting Rivers on Kawhi and Kawhi hasn't done a damn thing about him. There is absolutely no reason why that scrub of all scrubs should be able to guard him tbh.
The cancer is spreading, tbh.

houston spurs fan
05-02-2015, 02:02 PM
I don't think they should try to force too much offense through KL unless there's a great mismatch. I'd rather KL be able to focus on D. I'd love to see some steals and easy transition points. We haven't seen much of that this series.
This. Let the offense come, play within the system. Going to take a major group effort to win and defense is absolutely the key.

Mr Fundamental
05-02-2015, 02:11 PM
He is relying on his jump shot too much on this series. He has to drive into the paint more.

1 dribble and pull up is not efficent with such bad defenders on him.

Drive to the hoop and get some fouls and or open looks for 3pt shooters.

Be aggressive.

wildchild
05-02-2015, 02:28 PM
What has been pissing me off all series though is that Doc is acting like his son is a defensive stopper to justify giving him minutes. He's actually putting Rivers on Kawhi and Kawhi hasn't done a damn thing about it. There is absolutely no reason why that scrub of all scrubs should be able to guard him tbh.

Except the last game, how many times Kawhi had the ball when Rivers or Crawford were guarding him?

A lot of times we saw Kawhi asking for the ball in the post against these scrubs and the team running away from him.

wildchild
05-02-2015, 02:35 PM
He has to drive into the paint more...

Be aggressive.

Agree with you, he should. But how he can do it playing with two bigs like Tiago and Tim? There is no space in the paint.

And Pop hasn't found a solution to the horrible spacing issue.

Sean Cagney
05-02-2015, 02:39 PM

That open three he missed to tie late was huge :(

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2015, 02:46 PM
I know, that shot should've gone to Beli but don't blame him. Green is the man to watch today, tbh. He gets emotional every time he thinks of the Big 3 hanging them up :depressed I'm expecting a big game out of him tonight

SnakeBoy
05-02-2015, 02:49 PM
This game will be about offense not defense. Spurs haven't been able to stop the Clips yet, they have to bring it on offense.

therealtruth
05-02-2015, 02:50 PM
He is relying on his jump shot too much on this series. He has to drive into the paint more.

1 dribble and pull up is not efficent with such bad defenders on him.

Be aggressive.

I agree. Get to the basket. Draw some fouls. Stop being afraid of D. Jordan.

Mr Fundamental
05-02-2015, 04:46 PM
Agree with you, he should. But how he can do it playing with two bigs like Tiago and Tim? There is no space in the paint.

And Pop hasn't found a solution to the horrible spacing issue.That's right so get to the point:

Can Kawhi defend Blake?

Sure, he can.

Move Green to SF, bring Belli to SG and play small ball.

But Pop never tried this in this series.

dabom
05-02-2015, 04:49 PM
That's right so get to the point:

Can Kawhi defend Blake?

Sure, he can.

Move Green to SF, bring Belli to SG and play small ball.

But Pop never tried this in this series.

I really hate that pop has told the guys to double blake when kawhi is on him. Just let them go 1vs1. They usually get an easier shot and or get the rebound because duncan is out in the perimeter.

wtgspurs
05-02-2015, 05:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmvRJOHMhaw
@ 14:00 Even though it's game 7 of Round 1, that is how I feel about tonight's game. Oh and the Mayweather vs Pacman fight too.

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 02:06 AM

I know, that shot should've gone to Beli but don't blame him. Green is the man to watch today, tbh. He gets emotional every time he thinks of the Big 3 hanging them up I'm expecting a big game out of him tonight
Found it lol

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 02:30 AM
Found it lol

Oh I thought I was arguing with you over Kawhi or Green but im not a player fan. You were telling me he was going to have a bigger game but I never argued it. I see now. Leonards three he missed to tie was huge, the series imo in the balance there. Green was huge today.

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 02:35 AM
Oh I thought I was arguing with you over Kawhi or Green but im not a player fan. You were telling me he was going to have a bigger game but I never argued it. I see now. Leonards three he missed to tie was huge, the series imo in the balance there. Green was huge today.
No I know lol, I just said that the stage was set for Green not Kawhi like OP had said. Let's hope these 4-5 months of rest do the team good and they try to make another run with fresh legs
:flag:

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 02:40 AM
No I know lol, I just said that the stage was set for Green not Kawhi like OP had said. Let's hope these 4-5 months of rest do the team good and they try to make another run with fresh legs
:flag:
If Tony can get his fat butt in shape again and actually play maybe. Green needs to be brought back!! Can not let him walk. They need to add a piece or two as well and come back hungry for one last run. Next year seeding does matter Pop and they need health and to take the whole year seriously and not just the last month or so.

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 02:51 AM
If Tony can get his fat butt in shape again and actually play maybe. Green needs to be brought back!! Can not let him walk. They need to add a piece or two as well and come back hungry for one last run. Next year seeding does matter Pop and they need health and to take the whole year seriously and not just the last month or so.
:lol only positive about TP playing for his country this summer, tbh. Green needs to come back but it would be dope if he waited for PATFO to recruit free agents. They have to get the second seed, first ain't happening with the Warriors getting 67 wins under Kerr's first year. Having Mills the whole season will spare a couple of W's on b2b's... It ain't over yet man

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 03:02 AM
:lol only positive about TP playing for his country this summer, tbh. Green needs to come back but it would be dope if he waited for PATFO to recruit free agents. They have to get the second seed, first ain't happening with the Warriors getting 67 wins under Kerr's first year. Having Mills the whole season will spare a couple of W's on b2b's... It ain't over yet man
The way they played late this year I know it is not over. Add a piece or two and get health on your side and you never know. This offseason is a key though, very interesting to see what they can do.

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 03:06 AM
The way they played late this year I know it is not over. Add a piece or two and get health on your side and you never know. This offseason is a key though, very interesting to see what they can do.
Only thing to look forward to these next coming months. No Spurs basketball, no NFL, football season is about to end, MayPac finally happened. Free agency needs to hurry

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2015, 07:12 PM
3/23 in the the last 3 second halves of the LAC series :lol

2 of those field goals were layups :lol

KawhISOs lol :lol

TheGreatYacht
05-14-2015, 06:46 PM
http://youtu.be/El1JfNChDNY