09-07-2005, 04:26 PM
California legislators approve same-sex marriage

By Joe Dignan and John Pomfret

The Washington Post

E-mail article
Search Most e-mailed
Most read
RSS
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The California Assembly voted yesterday to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry, making the state's Legislature the first in the nation to specifically approve same-sex marriages and handing a political hot potato to an already beleaguered Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

After a vehement floor debate in which legislators quoted the Pledge of Allegiance and accused each other of abusing moral principles, the Assembly voted 41-35 to pass the Religious Freedom and Civil Marriage Protection Act, which recasts the definition of marriage as between "two persons," not between a man and a woman. The state Senate passed the bill last week.

"There are moments in the history of any movement when the corner is turned," said Geoff Kors, the executive director of Equality California, a gay-rights group. "This is it. This is the tipping point."

Advocates of the bill argued it fit into California's sense of itself as a trendsetter for the country.

In 1948, the California Supreme Court became the first state court to strike down a law prohibiting interracial marriage. And California in 1976 was among the first states to repeal sodomy statutes.

The bill's supporters compared the legislation to earlier civil-rights campaigns, including efforts to eradicate slavery and give women the right to vote.

"Do what we know is in our hearts," said the bill's sponsor, San Francisco Democrat Mark Leno. "Make sure all California families will have the same protection under the law."

But opponents, including Republican conservatives, have argued that the law must be stopped in the nation's most populous state because it constitutes an assault on the sanctity of the family.

"Marriage should be between a man and a woman, end of story. Next issue," insisted Republican Assemblyman Dennis Mountjoy. "It's not about civil rights or personal rights, it's about acceptance. They want to be accepted as normal. They are not normal."

Opponents repeatedly cited the public's vote five years ago to approve Proposition 22, an initiative put on the ballot by gay-marriage opponents to keep California from recognizing same-sex marriages performed in other states or countries.

"History will record that you betrayed your constituents and their moral and ethical values," said Republican Assemblyman Jay La Suer.

Yesterday's vote amounted to more difficult news for Schwarzenegger, the Republican actor-turned-politician who roared into Sacramento in a recall election in 2003 promising fundamental change.

Schwarzenegger, who has taken on teachers, nurses and other state workers, has seen his popularity lag in recent months. A Field Poll of registered voters this month put the governor's approval rating at 36 percent, an all-time low.

If he vetoes the bill, Schwarzenegger will retain the support of his GOP base, which he will need in a special election he has called for November. But he could alienate many Democrats who voted for him and whose backing he still covets.

In the special election, Schwarzenegger is asking voters to grant him more budget-cutting power, to block gerrymandering by placing legislative redistricting in the hands of retired judges and to make public schoolteachers work five years instead of two before they win tenure.

"This puts Schwarzenegger on the hot seat," said Bruce Cain, professor of political science at University of California, Berkeley, who predicted the governor would veto the bill. "I think it's a slam-dunk that he's going to have to veto the bill and hope that the anger in the gay community doesn't spill over into other groups."

Other political strategists said yesterday's vote would force Schwarzenegger to parse his own personal mix of fiscal conservatism and liberal social views.

As a former Hollywood star, he hails from a milieu where gay men and women occupy key positions, and he has spoken glowingly about his friendships with people of all sexual orientations.

"I think the governor's going to be in a difficult position, because during the campaign his positions were ambiguous on the issue," said Arnold Steinberg, a political strategist generally for Republicans.

Schwarzenegger supports domestic partnerships but opposes same-sex marriage, a spokesman said.

The Legislature's move goes further than other states, such as Vermont and Connecticut, which have passed legislation allowing more strictly defined "civil unions."

And it differs from Massachusetts, the only state to grant full marriage rights to same-sex couples, because the Massachusetts' regulations were passed by order of the state's courts, which ruled a ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional.

California is already one of the most gay-friendly states in the nation. Its domestic-partnership legislation grants same-sex couples most of the benefits of married couples except a few, such as the right to jointly file income-tax returns, the right to bring a foreign partner into the United States and the right to pass on Social Security benefits to a spouse.

More than 30,000 same-sex couples are registered in California as domestic partners.

GOP better rally up its base by introducing legislation banning gay marriage in states where its already banned

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 04:28 PM
There was never a more opportune time for such an insignificant issue to preoccupy the national consciousness again.

Clandestino
09-07-2005, 04:29 PM
okay, one more time.. not in italics!

The Washington Post

E-mail article
Search Most e-mailed
Most read
RSS
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The California Assembly voted yesterday to allow gay and lesbian couples to marry, making the state's Legislature the first in the nation to specifically approve same-sex marriages and handing a political hot potato to an already beleaguered Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

After a vehement floor debate in which legislators quoted the Pledge of Allegiance and accused each other of abusing moral principles, the Assembly voted 41-35 to pass the Religious Freedom and Civil Marriage Protection Act, which recasts the definition of marriage as between "two persons," not between a man and a woman. The state Senate passed the bill last week.

"There are moments in the history of any movement when the corner is turned," said Geoff Kors, the executive director of Equality California, a gay-rights group. "This is it. This is the tipping point."

Advocates of the bill argued it fit into California's sense of itself as a trendsetter for the country.

In 1948, the California Supreme Court became the first state court to strike down a law prohibiting interracial marriage. And California in 1976 was among the first states to repeal sodomy statutes.

The bill's supporters compared the legislation to earlier civil-rights campaigns, including efforts to eradicate slavery and give women the right to vote.

"Do what we know is in our hearts," said the bill's sponsor, San Francisco Democrat Mark Leno. "Make sure all California families will have the same protection under the law."

But opponents, including Republican conservatives, have argued that the law must be stopped in the nation's most populous state because it constitutes an assault on the sanctity of the family.

"Marriage should be between a man and a woman, end of story. Next issue," insisted Republican Assemblyman Dennis Mountjoy. "It's not about civil rights or personal rights, it's about acceptance. They want to be accepted as normal. They are not normal."

Opponents repeatedly cited the public's vote five years ago to approve Proposition 22, an initiative put on the ballot by gay-marriage opponents to keep California from recognizing same-sex marriages performed in other states or countries.

"History will record that you betrayed your constituents and their moral and ethical values," said Republican Assemblyman Jay La Suer.

Yesterday's vote amounted to more difficult news for Schwarzenegger, the Republican actor-turned-politician who roared into Sacramento in a recall election in 2003 promising fundamental change.

Schwarzenegger, who has taken on teachers, nurses and other state workers, has seen his popularity lag in recent months. A Field Poll of registered voters this month put the governor's approval rating at 36 percent, an all-time low.

If he vetoes the bill, Schwarzenegger will retain the support of his GOP base, which he will need in a special election he has called for November. But he could alienate many Democrats who voted for him and whose backing he still covets.

In the special election, Schwarzenegger is asking voters to grant him more budget-cutting power, to block gerrymandering by placing legislative redistricting in the hands of retired judges and to make public schoolteachers work five years instead of two before they win tenure.

"This puts Schwarzenegger on the hot seat," said Bruce Cain, professor of political science at University of California, Berkeley, who predicted the governor would veto the bill. "I think it's a slam-dunk that he's going to have to veto the bill and hope that the anger in the gay community doesn't spill over into other groups."

Other political strategists said yesterday's vote would force Schwarzenegger to parse his own personal mix of fiscal conservatism and liberal social views.

As a former Hollywood star, he hails from a milieu where gay men and women occupy key positions, and he has spoken glowingly about his friendships with people of all sexual orientations.

"I think the governor's going to be in a difficult position, because during the campaign his positions were ambiguous on the issue," said Arnold Steinberg, a political strategist generally for Republicans.

Schwarzenegger supports domestic partnerships but opposes same-sex marriage, a spokesman said.

The Legislature's move goes further than other states, such as Vermont and Connecticut, which have passed legislation allowing more strictly defined "civil unions."

And it differs from Massachusetts, the only state to grant full marriage rights to same-sex couples, because the Massachusetts' regulations were passed by order of the state's courts, which ruled a ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional.

California is already one of the most gay-friendly states in the nation. Its domestic-partnership legislation grants same-sex couples most of the benefits of married couples except a few, such as the right to jointly file income-tax returns, the right to bring a foreign partner into the United States and the right to pass on Social Security benefits to a spouse.

More than 30,000 same-sex couples are registered in California as domestic partners.

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 04:30 PM
lets just pray for a runaway bride...

Clandestino
let them marry so they can find out what divorce is like!

mookie2001
?
i figured people would think i was trying to add something liberal

Clandestino
09-07-2005, 04:32 PM
you almost blinded me!

Duff McCartney
09-07-2005, 04:34 PM
I think gay people should be able to choose to be as miserable as other married couples.

Clandestino
09-07-2005, 04:35 PM
no shit!..their marriages would turn the u.s. divorce rate from 50% to 80% in a couple days!

MiNuS
09-07-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't agree with California.If that ever happens here in Texas I'm heading straight to Mexico!

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 04:39 PM
see you in Boystown

Duff McCartney
09-07-2005, 04:40 PM
I don't agree with California.If that ever happens here in Texas I'm heading straight to Mexico!

Why? Who gives a crap what somebody else does?

MiNuS
09-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Why? Who gives a crap what somebody else does?
I'm just kidding and I don't care what they do to their * but I don't care to hear about it either.

Vashner
09-07-2005, 04:44 PM
I think they need a new name for it.. But Husband and Wife should be a Man and Woman only...

I have no problem with legal partnerships but make some new name for it..

Not like "hey this is my wife".. uh.. that's just wrong...

Clandestino
09-07-2005, 04:47 PM
I think they need a new name for it.. But Husband and Wife should be a Man and Woman only...

:lol

mookie2001
09-07-2005, 04:53 PM
separate but equal...

Marcus Bryant
09-07-2005, 05:02 PM
separate but equal...

Don't worry, your struggle to marry your boyfriend legally will soon be over.

JoeChalupa
09-07-2005, 05:10 PM
I've got no problem with it.
I'm secure in my manhood and marriage not to have it effect me.

David Bowie
09-07-2005, 05:19 PM

The Washington Post

E-mail article
Search Most e-mailed
Most read
RSS

I thopught that Massachusetts was the first in the nation to recognize same sex marriege.

Anyhow. I'm really happy that some of America is catching on. I think its rediculous to have separate set of rights based on orientation or anything else.

Medvedenko
09-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Great news...finally some forward thinking in the US...I was getting worried....

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Wasn't this put up to a vote about 4 years ago and got shot down like a pilot three days from retirement.

cecil collins
09-08-2005, 12:54 AM

Why do you assume that a man will call his husband a wife. Every gay man I have ever heard says husband or boyfriend. Either way, I think it's dumb to get all wrapped up in titles.

MannyIsGod
09-08-2005, 10:32 AM
I thopught that Massachusetts was the first in the nation to recognize same sex marriege.

Anyhow. I'm really happy that some of America is catching on. I think its rediculous to have separate set of rights based on orientation or anything else.
No, Mass struck down a ban. California is the first state to enact actuall legislation saying they can marry. Other states have just said that they cannot be denied marriage.

Shelly
09-08-2005, 12:06 PM
Ah-nold will veto (http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyID=2005-09-08T051159Z_01_SCH817981_RTRUKOC_0_UK-RIGHTS-CALIFORNIA-GAYS.xml&archived=False)

Schwarzenegger to veto California gay marriage bill
Thu Sep 8, 2005 6:12 AM BST

By Jim Christie

SAN FRANCISCO, Sept 7 - California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said on Wednesday he will veto a bill to allow gay marriage in the state and said the issue should be decided by the courts or by voters directly but not by the Democrat-controlled legislature.

A veto had been widely expected after California's Assembly on Tuesday endorsed gay marriage, the first time a state legislature had taken such a step. California's Senate passed the bill last week.

Schwarzenegger's press secretary, Margita Thompson, said the governor "believes that gay couples are entitled to full protection under the law and should not be discriminated against based upon their relationship."

But since California voters approved a ballot measure five years ago defining marriage as between a man and a woman, the question of gay marriage should be put to voters again in a referendum or decided by courts, she said.

"We cannot have a system where the people vote and the legislature derails that vote," Thompson said.

Gay marriage is under review in California courts following San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom's decision in 2004 to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples -- a move that set off a national debate.

California's Supreme Court has invalidated the San Francisco licenses, but left the wider issue of whether the ban on gay marriage is constitutional to lower courts.

Democrats admit the gay marriage bill was largely a symbolic gesture and had said they did not expect support from Schwarzenegger, a moderate Republican grappling with declining voter support.

"It certainly seems like he wants the courts to make the decision for him, but we truly feel like we did the right thing," said Richard Stapler, an aide to Assembly Speaker Fabian Nunez.

RATINGS SLUMP

Republican media consultant Wayne Johnson said it was inconceivable Schwarzenegger would have signed the bill because his approval ratings have slumped, leaving him with only Republican support. "The people who are his strongest supporters are among the least likely to support this bill," said Johnson.

Schwarzenegger faces an uphill struggle to convince voters to back ballot measures in an unpopular special November election he has called.

A Field Poll released on Wednesday found 56 percent of California voters are not inclined to support Schwarzenegger if he seeks re-election.

But voters hold the state legislature in even lower regard, one analyst said, allowing Schwarzenegger the opportunity to cast his veto of the gay marriage bill as a defence of existing state law.

"He can wrap himself in the rule of law and say, 'The people have spoken,'" said Tony Quinn, co-editor of the California Target Book, which tracks state political races. "This is probably one issue in which Schwarzenegger is probably a winner at a time when he has very few issues going his way."

The Ressurrected One
09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
Good for him.

j-6
09-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I know I've brought this up before, but why the fuck does anyone care about gay people getting married? Or think that they shouldn't? Because the Bible says no, or because folks will see an opportunity to scam tax and medical benefits, or even immigration and naturalization rights?

I just think that this is really a minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

Jelly
09-08-2005, 12:57 PM
I know I've brought this up before, but why the fuck does anyone care about gay people getting married? Or think that they shouldn't? Because the Bible says no, or because folks will see an opportunity to scam tax and medical benefits, or even immigration and naturalization rights?

people have a lot of time on their hands.

SWC Bonfire
09-08-2005, 01:00 PM
They left the "decided by the voters" part out on most of the news reports, saying only the courts should decide.

I bet if you get down to the money aspect of this, divorce lawyers are behind this somewhere. Gay marriage would mean more clients with no dependents, high amounts of property and discretionary income.

cecil collins
09-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Yeah, not like people just want to get married or anything. It's gotta be some other faction twisting the entire system to benefit economically. Arnold is a girly man.

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 03:36 AM
There was never a more opportune time for such an insignificant issue to preoccupy the national consciousness again.

Excellent Post

Sad but true

jochhejaam
09-09-2005, 07:04 AM

j-6, What do you consider the "grand scheme of things?"

Gay marriage is not at the forefront in national issues at the moment and shouldn't be. People are free to do what they will but I personally don't consider the erosion of the moral fabric of our society or the moral decadence of our nation a non-issue.

cecil collins
09-11-2005, 03:05 AM
The moral fabric is already good and fucked. Stop trying to pretend that heterosexual marriage is somehow more sacred.

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 06:39 AM
[QUOTE=cecil collins]The moral fabric is already good and fucked.

I don't have much arguement with that.

Stop trying to pretend that heterosexual marriage is somehow more sacred.

Only someone with no moral foundation would equivocate the sacredness of homosexual marriage to that of heterosexual marriage.

Man without God thinks it's fine. Man with God knows the stark difference, the difference between heaven and hell. That's an open and shut case.

If that's their choice, fine. Don't try to ram your Godless screwed up vision of what is and what isn't sacred down the throats of the rest of society by teaching it an ino more than an inalienable right when it's actually nothing more than moral decadence and sin.

Romans:
21For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.

22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.

24Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

25They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones.

27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

28Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done.

29They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity.

So you're right in your first point and wrong in your second. Go ahead and argue with God about it if you like.

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I think the only threat they pose to civilization and the way we know it is if there is an adaptation whereby they can reproduce. I do not see that coming anytime soon, but who knows.

boutons
09-11-2005, 10:37 AM
homos and lesbians have been around all cultures for 1000s of years (it's a genetic disposition), and still somehow civilization can advance.

With all the problems on the agenda, legislating against same-sex marriage is way down the list.

eg, while I don't support homos and lesbians as teachers recruiting in schools, that would be much less of a "threat to civilization" than the nutcase evangelicals undermining science by having evidence-free creationism and ID fairy tales forced into schools as a supposely legitimate/equivalent alternative to science.

Another example, the number of US citizens murdered by homos and lesbians is way below the number of US citizens' lives wasted in the Repug Iraq war.

j-6
09-11-2005, 11:21 AM
j-6, What do you consider the "grand scheme of things?"

Gay marriage is not at the forefront in national issues at the moment and shouldn't be. People are free to do what they will but I personally don't consider the erosion of the moral fabric of our society or the moral decadence of our nation a non-issue.

For starters, being gay isn't something people do. It's something people are. Second, the very definition of moral is "Of or concerned with the judgment of the goodness or badness of human action and character." (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/moral). If you're thinking that who people fuck with the door closed is a definition of their human action and character, you need to focus more on the world around you and less on people you probably don't socialize with in the first place.

So I take it you're from the "'Cause the Bible says so!" camp. That's cool. Then don't allow it in your church. But with the separation of church and state provision our Constitution allegedly contains, I just don't understand the problem with it.

I'm guessing gays need to wait for the closed-minded set that pushes being gay as some sort of immoral act to die off or get too old for meaningful politics. Until then, they're fucked because the Bible says so.

Pity.

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm guessing gays need to wait for the closed-minded set that pushes being gay as some sort of immoral act to die off or get too old for meaningful politics. Until then, they're fucked because the Bible says so.

Pity.

God doesn't give two flips about politics. As long is there's still a shred of morality left on earth there will be opposition to moral decadence.

Believing what God says as truth is being closed minded? Because YOU say so?
You dismiss the morality of God and His teachings and you're not closed-minded? :rolleyes

You get pissed because I've posted what God says when he correctly defines homosexual behavior as the deviant sexual sin it is? You're own intolerant philosphy undermines your criticism. How full of hypocrisy you are!

Twenty years from now you and the so called "progressive thinkers" of you ilk will come to the sordid conclusion that it's okay for adults to practice their sexual immorality on children! Shove it j-6!!

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 04:11 PM
:lol

Oscar DeLa
09-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Twenty years from now you and the so called "progressive thinkers" of you ilk will come to the sordid conclusion that it's okay for adults to practice their sexual immorality on children! Shove it j-6!!

I don't know what it is but people who argue against gay marriage are always likely to bring something like that up, even though it doesn't make much sense

Sportcamper
09-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Who was the Governor that went around condemning gays and signing laws against them in public while in private he was having an affair with his male secretary???

Oh yea that was Perry of Texas...But lets worry about what Ahhhhhnold & Cali are up to.... :lol

hussker
09-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Dead Thread...like most of the poli threads here. very little substance but tons of rhetoric and emotion. Emotions are liars

j-6
09-11-2005, 08:30 PM
God doesn't give two flips about politics. As long is there's still a shred of morality left on earth there will be opposition to moral decadence.

Believing what God says as truth is being closed minded? Because YOU say so?
You dismiss the morality of God and His teachings and you're not closed-minded? :rolleyes

You get pissed because I've posted what God says when he correctly defines homosexual behavior as the deviant sexual sin it is? You're own intolerant philosphy undermines your criticism. How full of hypocrisy you are!

:lol Man, I just picture you as John Lithgow in Footloose.

Maybe your God doesn't care about politics, but politics sure cares a lot about him. Otherwise we wouldn't be flinging poo at each other in a political thread. This is about the government allowing a personal freedom and privledge to a group of people, not what the book of Romans says. Seperation of church and state, remember? Like I said, if it disgusts you and your religion's teachings, make it known that they're not welcome in your church of God. The gay folks will stay away from your pack of fag-bashers, I'm sure.

I'm not pissed off, either. Actually, I'm sort of amused. Why are you passing judgment on people that like to get it on within their gender? Isn't that God's job and not yours? You holy types don't even associate yourselves with gays for the most part anyway besides to ostracize them, so why does it matter?

You might not be ignorant. Hell, I don't know you. But that child molestation statement at the end of your post was ridiculous, and I hope that's not the crap you're feeding to your flock in church.

Like my sister says, "Gay is the new black."

hussker
09-11-2005, 08:34 PM
Rhetoric

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Maybe you should look up waht rhetoric means before tossing the word around.

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:11 PM
your statement demanding the definition is not rhetoric, but this thread has become rhetorical indeed...from both sides af a discussion that matters not to the folks discussing the issue.

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:11 PM
And What is waht?

cherylsteele
09-11-2005, 09:16 PM
You're own intolerant philosphy undermines your criticism.

You state this and yet you do the same?

What the gay community wants is LEGAL rights. You do not have to be married in a church. One can just be married in the courthaouse in front of the justice of peace. Those hetero couples being married in Vegas in those cheesy "chapels" is sooooo moral....yet LEGAL.

What about those who aren't of your religion, or atheists? According to bible divorce is morally wrong too, but it happens.

Before you pass judgement by basing things on your own religion....you need to "clean house". Judge not, lest ye be judged. Or do you just select passages from the bible to suit your beliefs and not look at the "big picture" that the bible is saying?

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:18 PM

What the gay community wants is LEGAL rights. You do not have to be married in a church. One can just be married in the courthaouse in front of the justice of peace. Those hetero couples being married in Vegas in those cheesy "chapels" is sooooo moral....yet LEGAL.

What about those who aren't of your religion, or atheists? According to bible divorce is morally wrong too, but it happens.

Before you pass judgement by basing things on your own religion....you need to "clean house". Judge not, lest ye be judged. Or do you just select passages from the bible to suit your beliefs and not look at the "big picture" that the bible is saying?

Sperm comes not from an ovum nor eggs from a rectum...
:)

Spurminator
09-11-2005, 09:24 PM
It won't last.

The right to gay marriage is less than 15 years away.

And we'll all look back on some of you the way we look back on the picketers at desegregated Alabama schools in the Sixties.

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
It won't last.

And we'll all look back on some of you the way we look back on the picketers at desegregated Alabama schools in the Sixties.

Good luck on your reproduction efforts. I applaud the attempt. It probably feels good but is highly inept at best.

God Bless,
Hussker

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 09:27 PM
It won't last.

Amen.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Good luck on your reproduction efforts. I applaud the attempt. It probably feels good but is highly inept at best.

God Bless,
Hussker
Reproduction has nothing to do with marriage.

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Reproduction has nothing to do with marriage.

But has everything to do with survival of the species. Good luck in your efforts. Hope you have plenty of children to rear together with your lover. I applaud your efforts indeed. Remember, NOTHING is impossible, right?

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 09:32 PM
let them MARRY! then after the "husband" takes half the shit of the other "husband" they can see what they've been missing...

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 09:33 PM
you don't have to be married to reproduce either. ask all the little 13-15 year old southsiders

Spurminator
09-11-2005, 09:36 PM
But has everything to do with survival of the species. Good luck in your efforts. Hope you have plenty of children to rear together with your lover. I applaud your efforts indeed. Remember, NOTHING is impossible, right?

Who told you that you were funny at a young age and completely screwed up your comedic judgement?

I almost pity you.

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:36 PM
you don't have to be married to reproduce either. ask all the little 13-15 year old southsiders

The gay/lesbian ones do not reproduce though...

ChumpDumper
09-11-2005, 09:37 PM
But has everything to do with survival of the species.The species seems to be doing fine.

Unless of course they convert you....

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 09:38 PM
I didn't realize homosexuality was taking over society. Your arguement that this would somehow endanger the survival of humans isn't rhetoric, its pure idiocy!

hussker
Who told you that you were funny at a young age and completely screwed up your comedic judgement?

I almost pity you.

Pity me not, it is all about the x's and y's...

No sperm from Ovum no eggs from rectum. If you can disprove that, you are a better whatever you are than I am (And I do not mean eggs from anorectal parasites, I mean the ones that reproduce humans).

God Bless,
Hussker

Spurminator
And since when is it necessary for everyone to reproduce?

Maybe me and my gay lover never planned on having children with women anyway.

Or maybe we'll just marry a couple of lesbians and go on and tea bagging and fucking each other in the ass...

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 09:39 PM
The gay/lesbian ones do not reproduce though...
And where does this fit in the arguement for/against gay marriage?

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 09:39 PM
so, then marriage and reproduction have nothing to do each other... what is wrong with gays and lesbians having financial rights afforded to men and women?

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 09:40 PM
I didn't realize homosexuality was taking over society. Your arguement that this would somehow endanger the survival of humans isn't rhetoric, its pure idiocy!

but it is! queer eye for the straight guy, will and grace, etc...

hussker

Or maybe we'll just marry a couple of lesbians and go on and tea bagging and fucking each other in the ass...

I can see profanity rules and describes a supposed loving relationship between you and your mate. I wish you success and all the happiness a couple can experience.

God Bless,
Hussker

Clandestino

:lmao

Spurminator
09-11-2005, 09:41 PM
You know what else doesn't create babies?

Your posts.

You'd better go find a vagina and a priest, the survival of the species demands it!

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:41 PM
so, then marriage and reproduction have nothing to do each other... what is wrong with gays and lesbians having financial rights afforded to men and women?

Ask God...Whoever yours happen to be.

God Bless,
Hussker

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 09:42 PM
but it is! queer eye for the straight guy, will and grace, etc...
I don't know if its taking over as opposed to "coming out of the closet". It is in the media more, but for every Will and Grace and Queer Eye there are dozens of "straight" shows.

j-6

Your posts.

You'd better go find a vagina and a priest, the survival of the species demands it!

Shouldn't he find the priest before the vagina?

Clandestino
separation of church and state bro.

Spurminator
09-11-2005, 09:43 PM

God Bless,
Hussker

"Uh, you're on your own, buddy.

God Bless,
God"

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:44 PM

Your posts.

Four children already, all of whom understand the "Facts of Life" and are God fearing. I am probably old enough to be most of the posters dad on this site, but no biggie. This give me an opportunity to screen out the chaff before my kids get to it.

God Bless,
Hussker

ChumpDumper
Ask God.Haven't really seen his stance on sharing insurance policies.

Spurminator
Shouldn't he find the priest before the vagina?

Preferably, but we'll still allow a shotgun marriage. It may not be Scriptural, but I'll be gosh darned if we're gonna make it illegal.

Clandestino
if i could be arrested for all the things i did that were sins in the bible... ohhhhh shiittt... i would have been executed by now..

MannyIsGod

God Bless,
Hussker
God does not write legislation for the United States of America. We've already thrown those sodomy laws out, you know.

Spurminator
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Remember when Jesus ran for public office and decided that Scripture should become Law?

Me neither.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2005, 09:47 PM
Four children already, all of whom understand the "Facts of Life" and are God fearing. I am probably old enough to be most of the posters dad on this site, but no biggie. This give me an opportunity to screen out the chaff before my kids get to it.Kinda trails off, doesn't it?

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Remember when Jesus ran for public office and decided that Scripture should become Law?

Me neither.

I hope you will consider the scriptures and read them fully before you dive into your decadence. Sorry, I am compelled to spread the Word.

God Bless,
Hussker

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Four children already, all of whom understand the "Facts of Life" and are God fearing. I am probably old enough to be most of the posters dad on this site, but no biggie. This give me an opportunity to screen out the chaff before my kids get to it.

God Bless,
Hussker

maybe spurminator will you be his daddy

Spurminator
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Your kids are around gay people every day, and are very likely friends with at least one homosexual.

BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Kinda trails off, doesn't it?
But you still have a choice to read the Word and save yourself. Sorry, I am compelled to tell you. It is your choice.

God Bless,
Hussker

Spurminator
09-11-2005, 09:51 PM
I hope you will consider the scriptures and read them fully before you dive into your decadence. Sorry, I am compelled to spread the Word.

God Bless,
Hussker

"Leave me out of this."

God Bless,
The Word

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Your kids are around gay people every day, and are very likely friends with at least one homosexual.

BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!
Very true, but that is their choice and believe me, they have heard the Word. We all have choices. What will be your choice?

God Bless,
Hussker

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 09:53 PM
be careful w/your daughters... when girls grow up in families of this sort, many times they rebel when they are older and slut it up in high school and college..

ChumpDumper
It's quite obvious that everyone in this thread but cornfed is a gay homosexual.

j-6
Man, "God Bless" Hussker is a far cry from political forum spamming "rhetoric" Hussker. Were one of your four children on here earlier?

hussker
"Leave me out of this."

God Bless,
The Word

Again, it is your choice young person, whatever your persuasion. Contact a local church and they can probably give you a copy of the scriptures for free!

God Bless,
Hussker

Spurminator
Very true, but that is their choice and believe me, they have heard the Word. We all have choices.

Sure we do, well except for gay people who want the same benefits as heterosexuals.

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Man, "God Bless" Hussker is a far cry from political forum spamming "rhetoric" Hussker. Were one of your four children on here earlier?

:lmao too funny. see, no one cares about these takes... it is just the spamming that sucked...

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:56 PM

No Spam...Getting tired of reading the same old blame game. The intellect around these boards is nothing more than repeats from the talking heads. People cannot think for themselves, yet we are charged to always be critical, independent thinkers. No one on here seems to do that. It gets pretty old.

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:57 PM
:lmao too funny. see, no one cares about these takes... it is just the spamming that sucked...

God does not SPAM, but He cares.

:)

j-6
be careful w/your daughters... when girls grow up in families of this sort, many times they rebel when they are older and slut it up in high school and college..

Yeah, j-6 has a couple notches on his belt from those girls from college.

As a side note Clan, it's nice to know neo-cons like yourself probably took advantage of rebellious sleazy preacher's daughter ass in your younger days.

ChumpDumper
Rhetoric!

hussker
09-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Sure we do, well except for gay people who want the same benefits as heterosexuals.

I wish them all well. I hope they enjoy heaven. Will they get there? I cannot answer that question, but the Scriptures are pretty clear.

hussker
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM

And that too is their choice. We all have freedom of choice don't we?

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 10:00 PM
No Spam...Getting tired of reading the same old blame game. The intellect around these boards is nothing more than repeats from the talking heads. People cannot think for themselves, yet we are charged to always be critical, independent thinkers. No one on here seems to do that. It gets pretty old.
You're complaining about people not thinking for themselves when you defer to a translated set of ancient books for yours? Unreal.

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Yeah, j-6 has a couple notches on his belt from those girls from college.

As a side note Clan, it's nice to know neo-cons like yourself probably took advantage of rebellious sleazy preacher's daughter ass in your younger days.

craziest girl... we'd have sex and she'd be going wild... loving it...the moment she orgasmed she would start crying bc she said we shouldn't have done it and then she would spout bible stuff to me.. it was wierd, but i got used to it bc the sex was bad ass!

hussker
09-11-2005, 10:03 PM
You're complaining about people not thinking for themselves when you defer to a translated set of ancient books for yours? Unreal.

They are real, I implore you to seek them out for yourself. You can find many translations to help you out as you see fit. God does have a plan for you, even though you seem to believe you are Him by your name.

j-6

By the way, if you think this is bad, wait until the first time the Spurs lose to an inferior opponent next season.

MannyIsGod
Jess is a preachers daughter. Muahahahahhahahahahah.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
They are real, I implore you to seek them out for yourself. You can find many translations to help you out as you see fit. God does have a plan for you, even though you seem to believe you are Him by your name.
I'm not doubting they are real. I was pointing out the irony in your statement.

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 10:04 PM
By the way, if you think this is bad, wait until the first time the Spurs lose to an inferior opponent next season.

no shit, those threads are crazy! :lol

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Jess is a preachers daughter. Muahahahahhahahahahah.

well, i don't know her, but you don't seem like you're an innocent guy...

haha...

and i've known many a st marys girl...

man, now that i think of it... we need to make girls have mandatory bible classes.. they are the crazy ones!

j-6
09-11-2005, 10:06 PM
craziest girl... we'd have sex and she'd be going wild... loving it...the moment she orgasmed she would start crying bc she said we shouldn't have done it and then she would spout bible stuff to me.. it was wierd, but i got used to it bc the sex was bad ass!

:tu :tu

Just an excuse to fuck and run since she obviously didn't want you there afterwards. Good times.

Clandestino
09-11-2005, 10:07 PM
:tu :tu

Just an excuse to fuck and run since she obviously didn't want you there afterwards. Good times.

haha... but no, she moved in for a while!

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 10:07 PM
:lmao

The thread that was about gay marriage has turned into fuck and runs with preachers daughters. Classic.

MannyIsGod
09-11-2005, 10:10 PM
See, Husker. You don't have to worry about the future of the human. A condom is bound to break sooner or later with a preachers daughter.

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=j-6] This is about the government allowing a personal freedom and privledge to a group of people, not what the book of Romans says. Seperation of church and state, remember? Like I said, if it disgusts you and your religion's teachings, make it known that they're not welcome in your church of God. The gay folks will stay away from your pack of fag-bashers, I'm sure.

Again you attribute comments to me that are untrue (fag-basher) but lying would be consistent with your lack of morality. My church welcomes gays but we don't welcome gay activists. Do you know the difference between the two?

Why are you passing judgment on people that like to get it on within their gender? Isn't that God's job and not yours? You holy types don't even associate yourselves with gays for the most part anyway besides to ostracize them, so why does it matter?

I passed judgement on homosexuals or God did/does? Would it be too much to ask you to get the facts straight at least occasionally? As I stated in the thread that discussed religion, I am neither holy or righteous, that where God come in. Also stated in an earlier thread was that I had a gay cousin that I was very close to that died several years ago from HIV. As far as alienating gays see the above comments, it isn't happening.

You might not be ignorant. Hell, I don't know you. But that child molestation statement at the end of your post was ridiculous, and I hope that's not the crap you're feeding to your flock in church.

Lots of things that were once viewed as rediculous are still rediculous but are now legal. Gay marriage, baby killing for convenience, decriminalization of marijuana (I know what it can do), Child porn, etc... Ever see a child molester get a 6 month sentence for that crime or sometimes less? That being the case at times it already warrants nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

(I don't have flock and I hope you don't either)

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-11-2005, 10:15 PM
I haven't laughed at a Political thread in a while.

Good show, everybody.

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 10:22 PM

That's quite a mess you've posted here steele. I'd have to decode it before I could respond and It seems I have misplaced my decoder. Thanks though...I guess.

j-6
09-11-2005, 10:25 PM
My church welcomes gays but we don't welcome gay activists.

What are gay people doing in your church? And what do they think about your views regarding their immoral activities? Was your gay cousin a member of your church?
(By the way, I'm sorry about your cousin. I worked in a homeless shelter with a lot of AIDS victims, and that is truly a horrible way to expire.)

Marijuana legalization deserves its own thread with people a lot more in touch with that process than I. I don't know what it can or can't do, besides make me buy stock in whoever makes Doritos and Cape Cod potato chips.

I don't have a flock, but the Church of j-6 is taking any application attached to a bottle of Dewars and a pirated movie.

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 10:27 PM
It won't last.

I'm not sure what you're saying Spurm. Are you equating ensuring basic civil rights to all races to condoning deviant sexual behavior?

If not sorry I misinterpreted your post, if so sorry you don't know how to differentiate an apple from a banana.

ChumpDumper
09-11-2005, 10:29 PM
[Insert banana joke here]

Clandestino
I'm not sure what you're saying Spurm. Are you equating ensuring basic civil rights to all races to condoning deviant sexual behavior?

If not sorry I misinterpreted your post, if so sorry you don't know how to differentiate an apple from a banana.

i've been known to be a sexual deviant! haha

jochhejaam
let them MARRY! then after the "husband" takes half the shit of the other "husband" they can see what they've been missing...

The old "misery love company philosophy" :lol

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I haven't laughed at a Political thread in a while.

Good show, everybody.

Thanks Johnny, nice to know we're appreciated. :lol

Murphy
09-11-2005, 10:47 PM
gay marriage is disgusting

Johnny_Blaze_47
09-11-2005, 10:49 PM
gay marriage is disgusting

Says the guy who was essentially shot so much he basically became a torso with an illusion of a head.

jochhejaam
09-11-2005, 10:50 PM
What are gay people doing in your church? And what do they think about your views regarding their immoral activities?
Was your gay cousin a member of your church?
(By the way, I'm sorry about your cousin. I worked in a homeless shelter with a lot of AIDS victims, and that is truly a horrible way to expire.)

Gay people that come to our church are usually seeking help because they are dissatisfied with their lifestyle. My cousin was not a member of my church, we both grew up in OH but he moved to Fla. (thanks for the condolences)

Spurminator
09-12-2005, 09:13 AM

You did misinterpret, because I never said anyone had to condone it.

You don't have to like gay marriage. Nobody does. You can go picket every gay wedding if you want.

But the government should not be about what the Scripture says is right or wrong. By offering special benefits only to heterosexual couples who have pledged to spend the rest of their lives together, they are basically telling homosexuals "You must marry someone of the opposite sex, whether you like them or not, to receive these benefits."

As I've said before, I would prefer that the government step out of marriage altogether, but if that never happens, the only alternative is to offer marriage benefits to couples of all kinds.

Duff McCartney
09-12-2005, 11:18 AM
People cannot think for themselves, yet we are charged to always be critical, independent thinkers. No one on here seems to do that. It gets pretty old.

Yet you're spouting rhetoric from books and you are being told how to think from the bible.

ObiwanGinobili
09-12-2005, 12:02 PM
all these gay people getting married will make it so I can't get married to the woman of my choice!

and along the same lines:

my neighbors are a commited older gay couple.... and I feel that MY marriage is in danger because of the nearness of there gay commitment.

:rolleyes

SWC Bonfire
09-12-2005, 12:23 PM
I say let the gays marry each other, and guys are allowed to marry a trophy wife without divorcing their first wife. Win-win, right ladies?:lol