PDA

View Full Version : 6 and 82

Skull-1
05-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Last game of the season. That loss blew it.

Sean Cagney
05-02-2015, 10:00 PM
Honestly I think they would have lost next round or WCF anyways but I would still have loved to have seen them advance. This year was just odd and to end like this seems fitting to a overall up and down frustrating year. This year never seemed like they would win it all.

Silver&Black
05-02-2015, 10:01 PM
:deadhorse

dg7md
05-02-2015, 10:01 PM
Honestly I think they would have lost next round or WCF anyways but I would still have loved to have seen them advance. This year was just odd and to end like this seems fitting to a overall up and down frustrating year. This year never seemed like they would win it all.

Well said. We were never totally dominant and we had many ups and downs throughout the year, so, I doubt we'd have made it past the next round. Would have been nice but maybe this will motivate them more to take next season more seriously.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-02-2015, 10:02 PM

Bull shit. The Rockets aren't in the Spurs or Clippers stratosphere. Spurstalk has an irrational fear of the Rockets.

cjw
Hope this loss gets Duncan fired up to run it back again. As much as I love Splitter when healthy, make Lamarcus happen and ship Splitter out to get the cash.

Long offseason for once might give people a chance to catch their breath.

And lastly, hats off to CP3. What a performance. Easily the best guard in the game today - sorry Steph and Harden.

Skull-1

My old friend, you may be right. But part of me thinks this was their toughest challenge.

82 killed us in any event.

This iyear was a mess. Like Mills' shooting. Perhaps he is the metaphor for this season. Or at least his shoulder.

I am really really really sad right now.

And Tim made his freethrows at the end. Irony, you cruel bitch.

Agloco
05-02-2015, 10:03 PM

Perhaps they beat Houston but there is no way in hell they compete with Golden State playing this way.

Dingle Barry
05-02-2015, 10:03 PM

I think it felt like they would there at the end of the season pre-Pelicans. But yeah, just a really inconsistent and unfocused season from the Spurs. The fire burned out tbh.

TXstbobcat
05-02-2015, 10:04 PM
That fucking loss to the Knicks really cost this team.

Richie
05-02-2015, 10:05 PM
If we can't beat the Clippers then we sure as hell weren't beating the Warriors. The Pelicans game doesn't mean much IMO.

Skull-1
05-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Perhaps they beat Houston but there is no way in hell they compete with Golden State playing this way.

Maybe. But I am just not scared of the Warriors. Oh wait. We are eliminated. Oops. Sigh.... :(

The Reckoning
05-02-2015, 10:08 PM
This team didn't deserve to advance past the 1st round IMO. Their hearts were't in it. The rest of the playoffs should be fun to watch since all the remaining teams are hungry.

Sean Cagney
05-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Bull shit. The Rockets aren't in the Spurs or Clippers stratosphere. Spurstalk has an irrational fear of the Rockets.

Or WCF meaning the Warriors there man, relax. Maybe they pass the Rockets but without REST and needing three series in a row on the road? One team has done it and only one for a reason, and it took ALOT to do it.

Spursmania
05-02-2015, 10:10 PM

Sean Cagney
05-02-2015, 10:12 PM
Well said. We were never totally dominant and we had many ups and downs throughout the year, so, I doubt we'd have made it past the next round. Would have been nice but maybe this will motivate them more to take next season more seriously.

Get some pieces here or there and you never know what they can do next year.

My old friend, you may be right. But part of me thinks this was their toughest challenge.

82 killed us in any event.

This iyear was a mess. Like Mills' shooting. Perhaps he is the metaphor for this season. Or at least his shoulder.

I am really really really sad right now.

And Tim made his freethrows at the end. Irony, you cruel bitch.

You will be alright man, I understand you are upset tonight but overall think of what this team has done after they were so called done in 011!!! I know round one being out sucks but they drew a TOUGH match up and did not get the bounce to go their way this time.

Skull-1
05-02-2015, 10:19 PM
^^^^^^^^^

Well said. But this hurts.

And I guess vengeance is serious fuel. We demolished Miami last year. This year we are a shadow of that.

Sigh...

mexicanjunior
05-02-2015, 10:23 PM

There is like 6 bad losses that killed this season.

Horry Hipcheck
82 cost the team at the death, but so did a lot of other losses well before 82. Knicks, Mavs, OT vs Cavaliers, etc. Now that the season is complete, you can look back at the whole thing from start to finish - the injuries, the stacked Western conference that seemed to be leagues ahead of the Spurs most of the season, the losses in games where victory was in hand - and none of it reads like a story of success. The Spurs basically had nothing this season but their pride and their competitiveness, which won them 55 games and gave us a hell of a series. But in the grand scheme of things, this team was never going to make a deep playoff run. A WCF berth would have been nice, four trips in a row? I'd have taken that. It was never going to happen, though. Too many injuries, too many healthier, more athletic teams.

TheGreatYacht
Wouldn't mind if Davis pulled a Paul George in the offseason

DarrinS
05-02-2015, 10:24 PM

No doubt. I think GS is going to steamroll

DarrinS
05-02-2015, 10:24 PM
Wouldn't mind if Davis pulled a Paul George in the offseason

Wow. Wishing for catastrophic injuries. Classy

Skull-1
05-02-2015, 10:26 PM
No doubt. I think GS is going to steamroll

I see them as a paper tiger. I bet we could have beaten them.

Alas, we will never know.

Agloco
05-02-2015, 10:30 PM

There is like 6 bad losses that killed this season.

I recall Swaggy P hitting a 30 footer at the buzzer.

I recall a turnover and Brandon Jennings hitting a runner at the buzzer.

I recall Marc Gasol hitting a running runaround three to send a game into overtime

I recall Anthony Davis hitting a game winner with a few seconds left.

I recall the Spurs shitting the bed in Utah.......twice.

There are more but you get the picture. Inconsistent. The season in a nutshell

Beaverfuzz
05-02-2015, 10:33 PM

Or Cleveland...or game 6 of THIS YEAR.

baseline bum
05-03-2015, 12:31 AM
They would have had to play the Clippers anyways, and this series shows homecourt wouldn't have meant anything. The Clippers were the better team now that Tony regressed to being Smush Parker.

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 12:48 AM
I guess we avoided the embarrassment of losing to the Rockets or Warriors.

K...
05-03-2015, 12:58 AM
They would have had to play the Clippers anyways, and this series shows homecourt wouldn't have meant anything. The Clippers were the better team now that Tony regressed to being Smush Parker.

Seems like cp3 would still be better. As Harlem says, last year the spurs were better when Parker didn't play. This year I didn't see that. Our bench never had the mill switch engaged.that had nothing to do with Parker.

Haha mill switch...I meant mill switch but the mistake was on point

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-03-2015, 01:27 AM
Minus Manu, if they can keep the same gang together, nurture the injuries and shooting inconsistencies, and possibly pick up a big like LaMarcus Aldridge or Gasol, we'll be in good shape. Spurs are not the old haggard team the media makes us out to be. Plenty of youth

FromWayDowntown
05-03-2015, 01:34 AM
The whole season just seemed to be snakebit, almost from the jump. Rarely healthy with a strong dose of complacency help with that.

With all of that, they were literally one missed FT from being the #2 seed and likely making a run to the conference finals again and, even as the 6 seed, were a play away from winning 3 road games in a single series and a road Game 7. Somehow, the close calls were there all year and seem like a fitting theme for the season. The Clippers series was a pretty good summary of the season -- an uphill slog the whole way that got them really, really close to a great outcome, but where the adversity (a lot of it self-imposed) was just too great to overcome.

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 06:44 AM
The whole season just seemed to be snakebit, almost from the jump. Rarely healthy with a strong dose of complacency help with that.

With all of that, they were literally one missed FT from being the #2 seed and likely making a run to the conference finals again and, even as the 6 seed, were a play away from winning 3 road games in a single series and a road Game 7. Somehow, the close calls were there all year and seem like a fitting theme for the season. The Clippers series was a pretty good summary of the season -- an uphill slog the whole way that got them really, really close to a great outcome, but where the adversity (a lot of it self-imposed) was just too great to overcome.

^^^^^

05-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Perfect summation of how the season went.

A very frustrating season at times, but they gave it all they got and nearly got the seventth game.

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Perfect summation of how the season went.

A very frustrating season at times, but they gave it all they got and nearly got the seventth game.

Up five and Parker goes braindead. FML.