PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Manu

kaji157
05-02-2015, 11:00 PM
Because for him i knew the Spurs and have a bond now to a NBA Team and a City.

For those who know how Argentines live sports youīll know we are passionate and forever fans of the teams we root for.

So thank you Manu again for letting me embrace the people of San Antonio and of course itīs online community.

Thank you for making me forever a Spur fan, and letting me know the forever greatness of Tim Fucking Duncan.

Hope we can see the big 3 one more year but itīs unlikely, Manu is most likely retiring, nice offseason everyone.

TXstbobcat
05-02-2015, 11:01 PM
He will be back withe Spurs next year

Chillen
05-02-2015, 11:04 PM
They should give it one more run together (Pop, Duncan, Manu, Tony) but they need to make a few moves to get back to the Finals.

Stabula
05-02-2015, 11:09 PM
I can't see Manu still being effective next year. Not hating, I'm a fan of all the big three, I just don't see it.

SouthernFried
05-02-2015, 11:12 PM
Manu has not only been my favorite Spurs player to watch...but, my favorite NBA player to watch. I bought a Manu "Superman" emblem shirt the very first time I saw him play. I've only bought 1 other Spurs shirt since. A Patty Mills shirt...lol.

In his prime, Manu was the most entertaining player in the NBA. You just never had a clue what he would do. I still wear that Manu T-shirt, even with holes. I'll retire it when he retires. Thanks Manu.

Sean Cagney
05-02-2015, 11:13 PM
They should give it one more run together (Pop, Duncan, Manu, Tony) but they need to make a few moves to get back to the Finals.

Indeed, think he will be back next year though as you said. I doubt he is gone.

Sean Cagney
05-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Manu has not only been my favorite Spurs player to watch...but, my favorite NBA player to watch. I bought a Manu "Superman" emblem shirt the very first time I saw him play. I've only bought 1 other Spurs shirt since. A Patty Mills shirt...lol.

In his prime, Manu was the most entertaining player in the NBA. You just never had a clue what he would do. I still wear that Manu T-shirt, even with holes. I'll retire it when he retires. Thanks Manu.
Cot damn RIGHT. I won't forget that guy when he is gone, he is one of the most exciting players in the sport I have ever seen (Not just Spurs).

kaji157
05-02-2015, 11:18 PM
I can't see Manu still being effective next year. Not hating, I'm a fan of all the big three, I just don't see it.

Same here, also the feeling in Argentina from what his family and friends are saying to the media is that Manu can no longer bare the length of and NBA season and that he feels that his kids are growing away from their family.

I would love him to play one more year, hell i am going to San Antonio next season, and iīd love to see him play there, but i donīt believe thatīs happening.

TMTTRIO
05-02-2015, 11:24 PM
He'll always be my favorite player and I'm going to miss him a lot. I was sad seeing him hug the other guys and doing everything he could to console Danny Green. I wish we could talk him into being an assistant coach next season. I think he would be great at that. By the way it's ironic that Manu's debut game was in the Staples center and it looks like his last game of his career was in the Staples Center :(.

wildchild
05-02-2015, 11:47 PM
Because for him i knew the Spurs and have a bond now to a NBA Team and a City.

For those who know how Argentines live sports youīll know we are passionate and forever fans of the teams we root for.

So thank you Manu again for letting me embrace the people of San Antonio and of course itīs online community.

Thank you for making me forever a Spur fan, and letting me know the forever greatness of Tim Fucking Duncan.

Hope we can see the big 3 one more year but itīs unlikely, Manu is most likely retiring, nice offseason everyone.

I hope he comes back next season but if he retires now, even when he deserved a win for his last game, fighting in a 7 game series against a younger and athletic team, and giving his all in the court...it was a nice way to say bye.

Thanks MANU! The most fierce and indomitable competitor in Spurs history. :toast

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure he has anything left.

Duncanforthree
05-03-2015, 12:09 AM
He deserves a farewell tour year.

KaiRMD1
05-03-2015, 12:13 AM
Manu still pissed Pop and company didn't let him play over the summer

Mouth is Bleeding
05-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Manu is a rhythm player and really struggled with it early in this game and many times in the series playing low and weird minutes unable to find a place on D with this series matchups.

But I'm bitter that he was taking out when he finally found his rhythm and was making plays with the small lineup building the lead.

He got burned by Reddick but so did Green the next play. It's a really tough off-ball cover for anyone but Leonard I guess.

I would have loved to have seen the small lineup (pop's best move of the series saved for when it really counts I was thinking) given one more go as momentum switched back to the Clippers when Jordan was inserted again removing the brief edge we had with no one to guard Boris which we unfortunately didn't capitalize fully on.

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 12:32 AM
Thank you Manu, now please retire it has nothing to do with you, having a guy like Poops on the team with so much power hurts the team, we won 5, but we lost another 5 with him in charge.

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 12:49 AM
Manu is a rhythm player and really struggled with it early in this game and many times in the series playing low and weird minutes unable to find a place on D with this series matchups.

But I'm bitter that he was taking out when he finally found his rhythm and was making plays with the small lineup building the lead.

He got burned by Reddick but so did Green the next play. It's a really tough off-ball cover for anyone but Leonard I guess.

I would have loved to have seen the small lineup (pop's best move of the series saved for when it really counts I was thinking) given one more go as momentum switched back to the Clippers when Jordan was inserted again removing the brief edge we had with no one to guard Boris which we unfortunately didn't capitalize fully on.

That small ball lineup was underused and it rebounded really well with Green and Kawhi.

ElNono
05-03-2015, 01:52 AM
Setting records even in his potential last night in the NBA... good company too...

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-03-2015, 01:56 AM
We all love Manu, but it's time to hang it up for good. He has little to nothing left beneficial to give to this team. His years of hardwork and craftiness have worn down and faded away.

hater
05-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Thanks Manu. Thanks for retiring and letting the team move on

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Cot damn RIGHT. I won't forget that guy when he is gone, he is one of the most exciting players in the sport I have ever seen (Not just Spurs).

The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I remember his rookie year. He didn't score a whole lot because of his limited role, but I remember all the other things he did. Diving for loose balls, steals, disrupting shots, and the long hair. I knew he would be a star. Watching him fade (when he could just adjust his game some and still facilitate) has been hard.

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 08:45 AM
Setting records even in his potential last night in the NBA... good company too...

:tu

kaji157
05-03-2015, 11:14 AM

Wow, thatīs a very elite company to be with, those kind of names make you think what an special player heīd been.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 12:50 PM
The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I remember his rookie year. He didn't score a whole lot because of his limited role, but I remember all the other things he did. Diving for loose balls, steals, disrupting shots, and the long hair. I knew he would be a star. Watching him fade (when he could just adjust his game some and still facilitate) has been hard.
Watching the playoffs in 03 I knew he had it, he hit some huge threes and a timely shot to beat the Nets in the finals. He was just clutch from day one in SA, you could tell he would be special for a long time doing all of what you said.

ElNono
05-03-2015, 12:56 PM
Watching the playoffs in 03 I knew he had it, he hit some huge threes and a timely shot to beat the Nets in the finals. He was just clutch from day one in SA, you could tell he would be special for a long time doing all of what you said.

yeah, people don't really remember his contributions in the '03 finals... wonder if some of the full games are still on youtube somewhere... I remember a big steal, followed by a score from the baseline over kenyon martin right in crunchtime of Game 5, a road game we needed to have.

And obviously, the steal and dunk on Richard Jefferson, in Game 6, which swung the momentum on that game.