PDA

View Full Version : Hack-A-Jordan helped the Clippers

dabom
05-03-2015, 12:24 AM
They are heavily reliant on their starters and that's a lot more time they are resting. It got the crowd going all the time. You play with foul trouble the rest of the quarter after the player(Jordan) leaves the court. Clippers are a bunch of expert floppers which thrive in those conditions. . This in turns makes you play more loose defensively.
Failure to get rebounds also doomed us. Pop should know the situation better. I mean he is getting paid to coach right?

perfectdark
05-03-2015, 12:27 AM
Agreed 100%
Strategy did nothing but throw us off rhythm and get the clippers some rest

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 12:38 AM
They are heavily reliant on their starters and that's a lot more time they are resting. It got the crowd going all the time. You play with foul trouble the rest of the quarter after the player(Jordan) leaves the court. Clippers are a bunch of expert floppers which thrive in those conditions. . This in turns makes you play more loose defensively.
Failure to get rebounds also doomed us. Pop should know the situation better. I mean he is getting paid to coach right?

I agree.

EIC
05-03-2015, 01:27 AM
Agreed 100%. It also seemed to really energize them when Cyclops started to hit them. I like it maybe as a random, every-once-in-awhile thing to throw them off rhythm, but not as a back-to-back-to-back kind of thing.

InRareForm
05-03-2015, 01:28 AM
I honestly thought we were going to go up 16-20 points when Mills was hitting shots in game 6 first half... and then the hack a DJ came....

testies
05-03-2015, 01:30 AM
it made them go small most of the time, if it didn't work he wouldn't sub him off all the time

and people overplay the game6 thing, they actually came back after we stopped doing it

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 01:38 AM
it made them go small most of the time, if it didn't work he wouldn't sub him off all the time

and people overplay the game6 thing, they actually came back after we stopped doing it

That's the point. We lost our offensive mojo and let them back in the game.

DMC
05-03-2015, 01:43 AM
At least once I think it backfired, but Pop didn't think we had a legit chance from the beginning, else he wouldn't have done it. Having Tiago gimpy makes a huge difference. Also, Patty showed up big time in this series, something that's been missing all year, maybe because Pop would sit him after 2 minutes if he made a mistake.

If I had to point to only one factor as to why the Spurs lost, I'd have to point to their starting point guard. He killed their ball movement at the beginning of games, they'd have to dig out of a hole every time, and once they did, he'd come back in and kill it again.