PDA

View Full Version : All bs beside this was a great series.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-03-2015, 01:25 AM
Sucks right now. But looking back we may say this was one of the most competitive series in the first round. TBH....Clips-Spurs are probably the two best teams in WC.

Malik Hairston
05-03-2015, 01:26 AM
:lol why are so many people here in denial about the Warriors?

dabom
05-03-2015, 01:26 AM
We could have won easily with some "adjustments".

LongtimeSpursFan
05-03-2015, 01:29 AM
It's a shame that the best teams are in WC. Let's hope the represent in Finals.

K...
05-03-2015, 01:30 AM
The warriors will either sweep or get exposed. If they sweep they get credit for an all time run.a repeat puts them past the heat. They're essentially playing against themselves. If they play their game they win.

Current rankings for me: gsw, clips, Cavs, spurs.

Clips look good, but have holes. Very unlikely they beat gsw. Houston is a toss up.

ElNono
05-03-2015, 01:33 AM
It was a great series, even if you hate the end result, and the fact that I thought the Spurs could've done better... but the Clippers earned it, tbh

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 01:41 AM
We could have won easily with some "adjustments".

Especially with the injuries to TP and Splitter I think this series required a better coaching job than Pop did. There was no reason for them not to be prepared for game 6. If they had come out with same intensity in game 6 they would have won.

baseline bum
05-03-2015, 01:43 AM

The dumbass who does the pregame and postgame show for Fox Sports during local broadcasts of Spurs games kept selling this series as if it was the WCF. I wish I could have cock-punched him ever time he said it.

wildchild
05-03-2015, 01:47 AM
Despite the Clippers, the only people celebrating tonight are the Warriors and the Cavs.

The Clips did the job and Curry and Lebron have a clear path to the Finals now.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 01:47 AM
The warriors will either sweep or get exposed. If they sweep they get credit for an all time run.a repeat puts them past the heat. They're essentially playing against themselves. If they play their game they win.

Current rankings for me: gsw, clips, Cavs, spurs.

Clips look good, but have holes. Very unlikely they beat gsw. Houston is a toss up.I don't have the Cavs ahead of the Spurs. They are not that great IMO.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 01:48 AM
Despite the Clippers, the only people celebrating tonight are the Warriors and the Cavs.

Lebron would not play the Spurs anyways so this didn't hurt that path at all. The Bulls could knock them out IMO, with Love out and so on they are vulnerable and I can see them being knocked out before the Finals honestly. Knowing the Weak east though who knows?
Especially with the injuries to TP and Splitter I think this series required a better coaching job than Pop did. There was no reason for them not to be prepared for game 6. If they had come out with same intensity in game 6 they would have won.

Just like this year too little too late. If they play with this passion in game 6 they win and if they play with this passion a little earlier or the NO game they are the 2nd seed and cruising to round 2 past Dallas.

99 Problems
05-03-2015, 01:59 AM
Probably will turn out the best series of the playoffs. Great to see real basketball. Just a shame we've gone fishing so early.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-03-2015, 02:01 AM
Probably will turn out the best series of the playoffs. Great to see real basketball. Just a shame we've gone fishing so early.

Yeah after such deep runs tough to call it a season so early.

daslicer
05-03-2015, 02:03 AM

I think people are trying to say anything to get over the pain of losing this series. I do believe the Warriors would rape the Clippers if they ever play them. Its even questionable if the Clippers will get past the Rockets.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 02:05 AM
I think people are trying to say anything to get over the pain of losing this series. I do believe the Warriors would rape the Clippers if they ever play them. Its even questionable if the Clippers will get past the Rockets.

Slicer whats up man? This is Rz from the other board (Chat room), tough loss but im good..... How you been man?

daslicer
05-03-2015, 02:07 AM
Slicer whats up man? This is Rz from the other board (Chat room), tough loss but im good..... How you been man?

I have been good. This loss blows but I felt the spurs were playing with house money after winning 5. It sucks to lose to this overrated Clippers team especially after Rivers bitched about the refs after game 5.

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 02:26 AM
I have been good. This loss blows but I felt the spurs were playing with house money after winning 5. It sucks to lose to this overrated Clippers team especially after Rivers bitched about the refs after game 5.

Spurs took game 5 and should have handled busineds in 6 honestly. That 5th title was great and still is, the rest was gravy. I missed the playoff chats and this year never felt the same overall for some reason? It felt odd this year and I never thought they were going to win it all.

coolman302003
05-03-2015, 05:27 AM
The dumbass who does the pregame and postgame show for Fox Sports during local broadcasts of Spurs games kept selling this series as if it was the WCF. I wish I could have cock-punched him ever time he said it.

Curious, who were you referring to specifically? Ric Renner (in the Fox Sports Southwest studios), Andrew Monaco, Richard Oliver ??

kobyz
05-03-2015, 05:43 AM
Not buying it, Spurs are the most naive team of all time, giving up late fourth quarter lead in every game this series, you can't find consolation when your team is such a pussy...

Chillen
05-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Well someone had to get the short end of the stick this series, and it was unfortuantely the Spurs. Clips are a really good team. The Spurs had their chances to win the series, but completely blew it.

Chillen
05-03-2015, 06:48 AM

LeBron has to play the Bulls, with the Love injury it won't be no picnic. I do believe the Warriors are probably thinking they made the Finals already but they still have to beat Memphis and the LAC/Hou winner to get there first. I don't believe the Warriors are invincible, but they will be a tough out for sure. Chicago has a legit chance to knock off the Cavs, depends on how well the Bulls play.

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 02:05 PM

Even with our bad coaching job and injuries we forced the Clippers to play near perfect basketball to beat us. There's no guarantee they will be able to keep that up.

TXstbobcat
05-03-2015, 02:08 PM
It was heartbreaking but it was an exciting series to watch. I didn't think our season would be over so fast.

daslicer
05-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Clippers had a fluke series I doubt they can play at that high level for the rest of the playoffs.

itsamanuthree
05-03-2015, 02:14 PM
Sucks right now. But looking back we may say this was one of the most competitive series in the first round. TBH....Clips-Spurs are probably the two best teams in WC.

No it wasn't, spurs underperformed.

hater
05-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Spurs sucked imo

this series was like a fight between 2 retards imo

Budkin
05-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Spurs sucked imo

this series was like a fight between 2 retards imo

:lmao I'm rolling.

beirmeistr
05-03-2015, 02:54 PM
Lebron would not play the Spurs anyways so this didn't hurt that path at all. The Bulls could knock them out IMO, with Love out and so on they are vulnerable and I can see them being knocked out before the Finals honestly. Knowing the Weak east though who knows?

Just like this year too little too late. If they play with this passion in game 6 they win and if they play with this passion a little earlier or the NO game they are the 2nd seed and cruising to round 2 past Dallas.
very true

Amuseddaysleeper
05-03-2015, 03:07 PM
Not enough players on the Spurs showed up. The Clippers essentially beat the Spurs with just two players (who were amazing obviously) and some contributions by a random role player varying from game to game.

Kawhi was horrible these past 3 games and Parker played 3 times as many minutes as he should have. You can't fuck up a chance to go up 3-1 at home or close out the series at home....especially without HCA.

Clippers looked more comfortable in our own building in the fourth quarter than we ever did. You knew the Spurs were screwed in Game 6 when Paul and Griffin finally played like shit but it was still tied at halftime. Game 7 you have an injured Paul who had to go to the locker room and the Spurs couldn't do shit to take advantage. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind who was the better team in this series and they weren't from Texas. Spurs gave a good effort in Game 7 but they played too stupid for too long in this series to really capitalize. I also never saw it as "If the Spurs beat the Clippers they are a lock for the WCF". Houston is a shitty matchup and have a better bench then the Clippers. Spurs have 0 answer for Harden/Howard and you know Brewer and to a lesser extent Terry and Josh Smith would have random career nights against us in typical Spurs fashion.

It hurts to lose at the end of a game, it hurts to blow a 5 point lead with a couple minutes left, it hurts to have poor shot selection (Parker forcing a terrible shot over Reddick) and have key players go completely MIA.

But this team wasn't going anywhere this year anyway. It is what it is.