PDA

View Full Version : More signs Manu may retire

SpurPadre
05-03-2015, 03:52 AM
"Some days you feel proud & think you did great. Other games you think, ‘What the hell am I doing here? " per ESPN. Maybe he can do what Ray Allen almost did this season and and sit out a chunk of the season only to sign a 1 year deal to play for the team for the stretch run? I'd be up for that.

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 04:00 AM
Some players feel lost after so many years, like doing coke and weed but replace that by having Porker and its worst, who knows? I dont want Manu to be a 10 min guy under that stupid Pop scheme.
I dont see a reason for him to stay, same with Timmy when his team mates are playing like garbage the whole season and then a 1st round exit, you have money a family, etc.

mudyez
05-03-2015, 06:25 AM
I'd love him to be back for the later part of the season...getting that Celtics record and possibly helping the team in the playoffs.

Horse
05-03-2015, 06:39 AM
He hit some big shots tonight knew he would but he looks done.

Chillen
05-03-2015, 06:41 AM
He should just take some time off and comeback in Feb-March next season, not retirement yet.

hater
05-03-2015, 08:21 AM
I hope he's gone.

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Some players feel lost after so many years, like doing coke and weed but replace that by having Porker and its worst, who knows? I dont want Manu to be a 10 min guy under that stupid Pop scheme.
I dont see a reason for him to stay, same with Timmy when his team mates are playing like garbage the whole season and then a 1st round exit, you have money a family, etc.

White guy benches another white guy.

Pop is so "raciss"!!

:lol

cjw
05-03-2015, 10:40 AM
Had they been thoroughly beaten or lost to a crappy team, I think they definitely would both hang it up. But given it was the Clippers and very close, less likely. Manu will retire after the Olympics. I'm fine signing him at the ASG.

DMC
05-03-2015, 10:47 AM
You player fans acting like Manu and Tim are your family members. It only matters how the team fares, not how the individual fits into it. Why do you give two shits about whether or not Manu plays 10m a game? It's a basketball game and Manu is making millions.

lefty
05-03-2015, 11:00 AM
You player fans acting like Manu and Tim are your family members. It only matters how the team fares, not how the individual fits into it. Why do you give two shits about whether or not Manu plays 10m a game? It's a basketball game and Manu is making millions.

truth nukes tbh

tmtcsc
05-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Manu has the heart and desire to win of a Champion and no one can take that away from him, not even father time. But when you get older, muscles don't do what the mind tells them to do. It happens to everyone eventually. I'd like to see Manu take performance enhancing drugs or steroids if he continues. JK

But seriously, his terrible FT% (For him) and lack of ability to get around players on offense or stay in front of them on defense, was tough to watch. I don't want to remember this version of Manu and I won't. Manu was a cold-blooded killer who was the difference in the Spurs winning at least 2 Championships. He can still contribute to the team but as one person said - maybe 10-15 minutes a game.

The Spurs need a 2 guard that can take the ball to the rim and draw fouls. I'm not sure who that player is right now but if the can even scratch the surface of what Manu used to do for the Spurs, the team will be alright.

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Well said, thong avatar. ^^^^^

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 02:01 PM
Well said, thong avatar. ^^^^^

Or is that a t-back?

hater
05-03-2015, 02:02 PM

truth nuke on these insurgents :lol

TXstbobcat
05-03-2015, 02:13 PM
He won't retire yet. Property taxes in the dominion are expensive.

BatManu20
05-03-2015, 02:15 PM
It's time for Manu to retire........................only to come back like Jordan wearing the 45 and win us another championship in 2017, tbh.

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Because he said so?

Budkin
05-03-2015, 02:22 PM

TMTTRIO
05-03-2015, 02:33 PM
. I've been really on him this year when I have to remember he's going to be 37 years old. I guess I always thought if Timmy can play this well at his age than Manu can. Now looking back at all the beatings Manu's taken through his career and all the international competitions he's performed in I'm very impressed he made it this far when most SG's are already retired by this age. I always thought the way he played he wouldn't make it past 34-35. Knowing the kind of competitor he is I know he doesn't want to play this way. I've been watching the last few games I've gone to (I've never seen him do it before) he runs laps and does certain drills on the sidelines now during the timeouts. It's probably harder coming off the bench to produce when you're cold. I know we've been frustrated with him but I've also seen him frustrated a lot with himself when he can't keep up and do the things he used to be able to do. Last night he was struggling just to run out there. I just thank Manu for all he gave us and wish him the best whatever he decides to do. I know it's not an easy choice for him. Basketball is his life and now that he can't produce I know it's a depressing choice to make for him.

SnakeBoy
05-03-2015, 02:39 PM
At this point in his career there really isn't anything Manu can do that SloMo can't do better. I hope he retires instead of looking really really awful next year. It's always depressing to watch a great player not know when it's time to walk away.

RD2191
05-03-2015, 02:40 PM
He looks better than Parker.:lol

ducks
05-03-2015, 04:48 PM
I hope he's gone.
Shows up once in 5 games signs with Spurs
Spurs would pay more
Back only at vet min

spurraider21
05-03-2015, 04:52 PM
He looks better than Parker.:lol
:lol thread about manu
:lol cant resist talking about parker

RD2191
05-03-2015, 04:53 PM
:lol thread about manu
:lol cant resist talking about parker
:lolthe truth is the truth, don't get salty now.

FkLA
05-03-2015, 04:56 PM

You could say the same about the team itself. Why do you care how the team fares? It's still turning a nice profit and the people that are part of the organization are well compensated. Truth is all of us on here are more emotionally invested in the team/players than we should be. As a fan, it will be sad to see Manu and Timmy go.

DMC
05-03-2015, 05:24 PM
You could say the same about the team itself. Why do you care how the team fares? It's still turning a nice profit and the people that are part of the organization are well compensated. Truth is all of us on here are more emotionally invested in the team/players than we should be. As a fan, it will be sad to see Manu and Timmy go.
Truth is you are player fans. You're older versions of Seventeen magazine readers, fawning over dudes. I am a fan of the game, I said several games back that the Spurs have no business progressing after they lost to New Orleans in a crucial RS game. It's bad for the game when shitty teams progress. We seem to have no problem recognizing that in the East, but when your team is one of them, we seem to overlook that as if it's an anomaly. It's not.

Regardless, you don't see me saying "I don't want the Spurs to have to play a back to back" or "they need to blow it up and start over" because it's a game, a team sport. It's not about this or that celebrity and the nationalism here is nauseating.

FkLA
05-03-2015, 05:33 PM
Truth is you are player fans. You're older versions of Seventeen magazine readers, fawning over dudes. I am a fan of the game, I said several games back that the Spurs have no business progressing after they lost to New Orleans in a crucial RS game. It's bad for the game when shitty teams progress. We seem to have no problem recognizing that in the East, but when your team is one of them, we seem to overlook that as if it's an anomaly. It's not.

Regardless, you don't see me saying "I don't want the Spurs to have to play a back to back" or "they need to blow it up and start over" because it's a game, a team sport. It's not about this or that celebrity and the nationalism here is nauseating.

Is it impossible to be a fan of both the team and two of it's GOAT players? If you appreciate the team, which going by your 40k and my 13k posts on a Spurs message board we both do, then I don't see why it's unusual to also appreciate the players most responsible for turning that same team into a model of excellence.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-03-2015, 05:49 PM
I hope he's gone.

LOL you are ridiculous - your lover, TP played like shit and he's just 32 years old. GET OVER IT YOU FUCKER - MANU > TP .... let the hate begin....

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 06:32 PM

Manu said he was thinking about his family and losing interest in the game lately, have you ever read those article translations made by Elnono?
I guess bikers drooling over harleys are teenage girls, or soldiers over some heavy machinery shit too, you are trying to play it cool when you were defending Porker 2 years ago on every thread.
Even considering Petrovic over Manu as the best international player.
Who said this?
-----------------------------------------------------
Parker was trying to contribute. He did look lethargic on offense, and refused to probe the defense like he normally does. I even saw Tim point him in a couple of directions once or twice. Still, Tony is not 100%. Whatever the reason may be, it's got nothing to do with sending messages. These guys have been together forever, they send their messages in Pop's office or in the gym. No reason to get out on the floor and sand bag it.

A guy plays like Parker for as many seasons as he has and because he has two or three off nights, his dedication and integrity is dragged into question?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is another one questioning FKLA
'03-closed out the WCF w/o him, won the Finals with Speedy on the floor
'04-choked vs LA after Game 2
'05-bullied by Chauncey
'06-3rd option
'07-exploited an easy mismatchg
'08-'10-meaningless
'11-young Mike Conley Jr
'12-choked after Game 2 vs OKC
'13-his one truly elite year
'14-closed out WCSF and WCF w/o him, won the Finals by in his own words 'trusting his teammates' :lol

Your problem is that there's no honesty in your assessment. You discredit good performances as "easy matchups" and when he has a poor performance it's "choked".

You have confirmation bias, just like a shit ton of other half asses here who think they know something about basketball. You are penny wise, pound foolish.
The truth is somewhere in the middle. Russ has a green light to play iso ball. Tony takes liberties with his green light sometimes and forces things with the apparent notion that, unless he gets going, the team is doomed. Russ might have a green light, but he's still the point guard and has decisions to make. He just always makes the selfish one. Tony has moments but he also plays within the offense most of the time.
----------------------------------------------------
Cherry pick all you want, but Tony Parker is the main reason the Spurs finished the season with home court advantage.

Putting Thabo on Parker was an adjustment. Parker was hurting them.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Goran Dragic (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5954405#post5954405) As a Suns fan, I have all the respect in the world for Duncan and Manu. They both have been gamers who stepped up when it mattered their entire career. Parker has ridden their coattails and gotten unworthy credit his entire career.
This is biased and inaccurate. Tony has carried the team this year. They have ridden his coattails as of late.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol fan of the game, just come out the closet.

DMC
05-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Is it impossible to be a fan of both the team and two of it's GOAT players? If you appreciate the team, which going by your 40k and my 13k posts on a Spurs message board we both do, then I don't see why it's unusual to also appreciate the players most responsible for turning that same team into a model of excellence.

If you're more concerned that a player is relegated to 10m a game than about his willingness to accept the role to help the team, you're not a fan of both.

DMC
05-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Manu said he was thinking about his family and losing interest in the game lately, have you ever read those article translations made by Elnono?
I guess bikers drooling over harleys are teenage girls, or soldiers over some heavy machinery shit too, you are trying to play it cool when you were defending Porker 2 years ago on every thread.
Even considering Petrovic over Manu as the best international player.

Bikers ride bikes, soldiers ride heavy machinery. Do you want to ride Manu?

Who said this?
Parker was trying to contribute. He did look lethargic on offense, and refused to probe the defense like he normally does. I even saw Tim point him in a couple of directions once or twice. Still, Tony is not 100%. Whatever the reason may be, it's got nothing to do with sending messages. These guys have been together forever, they send their messages in Pop's office or in the gym. No reason to get out on the floor and sand bag it.

A guy plays like Parker for as many seasons as he has and because he has two or three off nights, his dedication and integrity is dragged into question?

What does this have to do with the OP? What's your point? Parker is done, he's been shit for over two years.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is another one questioning FKLA
'03-closed out the WCF w/o him, won the Finals with Speedy on the floor
'04-choked vs LA after Game 2
'05-bullied by Chauncey
'06-3rd option
'07-exploited an easy mismatchg
'08-'10-meaningless
'11-young Mike Conley Jr
'12-choked after Game 2 vs OKC
'13-his one truly elite year
'14-closed out WCSF and WCF w/o him, won the Finals by in his own words 'trusting his teammates' :lol

Your problem is that there's no honesty in your assessment. You discredit good performances as "easy matchups" and when he has a poor performance it's "choked".

You have confirmation bias, just like a shit ton of other half asses here who think they know something about basketball. You are penny wise, pound foolish.
The truth is somewhere in the middle. Russ has a green light to play iso ball. Tony takes liberties with his green light sometimes and forces things with the apparent notion that, unless he gets going, the team is doomed. Russ might have a green light, but he's still the point guard and has decisions to make. He just always makes the selfish one. Tony has moments but he also plays within the offense most of the time.
----------------------------------------------------
Cherry pick all you want, but Tony Parker is the main reason the Spurs finished the season with home court advantage.

Putting Thabo on Parker was an adjustment. Parker was hurting them.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Goran Dragic (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5954405#post5954405) As a Suns fan, I have all the respect in the world for Duncan and Manu. They both have been gamers who stepped up when it mattered their entire career. Parker has ridden their coattails and gotten unworthy credit his entire career.
This is biased and inaccurate. Tony has carried the team this year. They have ridden his coattails as of late.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol fan of the game, just come out the closet.
What does any of that have to do with Manu retiring? The topic was about Parker, the response was about Parker. I'm as hard on Tony as I am on anyone. You can find similar responses about Manu and anyone else.

Since you didn't put any dates on those quotes, they are basically meaningless. If you're trying to say I am a Parker fan instead of a fan of the game, you're wrong. I can show you a thread where I made it clear that I am a fan of the game. I call it like I see it, and I see Tony is done (made a thread saying as much).

You've got a hard row to hoe if you want to pigeon hole me as a player fan, but good luck.

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Bikers ride bikes, soldiers ride heavy machinery. Do you want to ride Manu?

What does this have to do with the OP? What's your point? Parker is done, he's been shit for over two years.

What does any of that have to do with Manu retiring? The topic was about Parker, the response was about Parker. I'm as hard on Tony as I am on anyone. You can find similar responses about Manu and anyone else.

Since you didn't put any dates on those quotes, they are basically meaningless. If you're trying to say I am a Parker fan instead of a fan of the game, you're wrong. I can show you a thread where I made it clear that I am a fan of the game. I call it like I see it, and I see Tony is done (made a thread saying as much).

You've got a hard row to hoe if you want to pigeon hole me as a player fan, but good luck.
No, I wanna ride you in my bike and stick my heavy machinery into your ugly ass.
He´s been shit, oh really? thats not what you have been jibber jabbering for the last 5 years.
No, I wont some stuff is from 4, 5 years ago and any search could confirm you did it, thats a fact so you are in fact a retard, OH LOOK HE DIDNT PUT THE DATE ON! LOOK EVERYONE!!!!
Dont come here with that lame ass excuse you are a team fan when you have been ¨RIDING THE PORK ALL YOUR LIFE¨ emo Crapcom clown.

Stabula
05-03-2015, 06:54 PM
I hope Manu retires, and that's coming from a big fan of his. I just don't want to see him play one more year only to not be able to be effective on either end both for his and the team's sake.

Chomag
05-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Manu's heart will always be passionate and competitive, no matter how bad Manu has played "ala Turnobli" I don't think anyone can ever question his heart, but his body just can no longer do what his heart wants or desires to do anymore. Im personally Manu's age right now and I can honestly feel the drop off happening and thats with not having put myself through all what Manu has had to do in his career.

Its going to be a very long time until we see another competitor like Manu on the Spurs let alone in the NBA.

FkLA
05-03-2015, 07:13 PM
If you're more concerned that a player is relegated to 10m a game than about his willingness to accept the role to help the team, you're not a fan of both.

How did roles and salary get brought into the conversation? All I said is it will be sad to see two mainstays of this franchise's golden era retire.

ElNono
05-03-2015, 07:17 PM
Realistically, looking at Fatso' game for the next 3 seasons, it's probably difficult to justify all the pain, trips, etc... then again, this is probably his last true chance to snag a million dollar payday, tbh...

rmt
05-03-2015, 07:20 PM
I hope he comes back for vet's min or LLE. I don't think the after ASG will work - he takes too long to get into rhythm and the team will have gelled playing without him. I'd like to see a young (twenties), athletic wing - whose shot Chip can remake.

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 07:37 PM
Realistically, looking at Fatso' game for the next 3 seasons, it's probably difficult to justify all the pain, trips, etc... then again, this is probably his last true chance to snag a million dollar payday, tbh...
But he could be making almost a million by doing broadcasts and stuff like that for ESPN latinoamerica like Eduardo Najera does and there is no pain, not so many trips and no pork, just a healthy diet.

ElNono
05-03-2015, 07:46 PM
But he could be making almost a million by doing broadcasts and stuff like that for ESPN latinoamerica like Eduardo Najera does and there is no pain, not so many trips and no pork, just a healthy diet.

I thought Najera has been the coach of Texas Legends (NBDL) for like 4 years now...

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 07:51 PM
I thought Najera has been the coach of Texas Legends (NBDL) for like 4 years now...
He is but still does coverage, he was last year with some woman covering the finals for ESPN for example.
Manu wont be a coach and has plenty of time to be there with Martinez and Morales (Latino ESPN).

emanueldavidginobili
05-03-2015, 08:22 PM
I think what got him thinking was when he sat out at the end of some of these games this series when it was close

Beaverfuzz
05-03-2015, 08:35 PM
Manu thinks he can play another year but I'd go out now if I was him. The body just isn't keeping up with his basketball mind anymore.

TMTTRIO
05-04-2015, 12:41 AM
I'm going to miss him in all the HEB commercials if he leaves. Question is who'll replace him? Matt Bonner?

downunder
05-04-2015, 01:20 AM
Manu, Parker and Duncan need the money (ha ha) and will come back knowing Pop will use them because the team paid so much for them. If the owner saw him not use them he would ask why he is paying them millions of dollars. Hopefully the break will get them a chance to be healthy as well as fired up.

on the other hand if the Warriors win the championship they may realise its a younger man's game and what good is an extra mIllion dollars or two if you are too physically burnt out to enjoy it!!!

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-04-2015, 07:03 AM
I think he comes back but not to play a full season. Probably on the Vet min and ride the pine and even not even travel with the team on a few road trips. Manu, Tim and Parker are two games away from breaking the trio win mark. I am sure that is a mark they want to obtain. It would be almost as good as winning a championship for next season.

Skull-1
05-04-2015, 07:21 AM
No, I wanna ride you in my bike and stick my heavy machinery into your ugly ass.
He´s been shit, oh really? thats not what you have been jibber jabbering for the last 5 years.
No, I wont some stuff is from 4, 5 years ago and any search could confirm you did it, thats a fact so you are in fact a retard, OH LOOK HE DIDNT PUT THE DATE ON! LOOK EVERYONE!!!!
Dont come here with that lame ass excuse you are a team fan when you have been ¨RIDING THE PORK ALL YOUR LIFE¨ emo Crapcom clown.

I knew it. Mike is gay.

jag
05-04-2015, 07:29 AM

DMC

Gervin44Silas13
05-04-2015, 07:32 AM
If Manu comes back he will ride the bench with limited min at the MLE

coolman302003
05-06-2015, 03:31 AM
During the final Spurs Insider episode on Monday, Bill Land interviewed Mike Monroe (https://twitter.com/monroe_sa) of the SAEN (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/) and he briefly discussed both Manu and Tim's futures. Video of the full interview below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEl_bmPPoN0

Also, for anyone interested that entire Spurs Insider episode can be watched here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXNOl7DfkJ0).