PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: ESPN heavily underlines that Spurs FAIL every year after winning a championship

Thebesteva
05-03-2015, 05:39 AM
God damn, ESPN eviscerated the Spurs and constantly discussed how they are 25-26 (I think that's the correct stat not sure) after winning the title and how they have never made it to the NBA finals after winning a championship.

Honestly, I am surprised at how soft the Spurs fans are on their guys for always being complacent after winning. How the fuck do these guys always win and then dissapear the following season?

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 05:57 AM
Don't care. The Redemption title was far more impressive than any repeat. That was franchise killing stuff that happened and to come back and play historically great basketball enroute to a championship is an amazing feat, much more amazing than beating Dwert and an 75 year old Celtics team when the league was at its weakest.

TDMVPDPOY
05-03-2015, 06:08 AM
lol winning culture my ass, more like loser mentality

u got duncan in ur hands, which puts you in a position to contend every year, yet you surround him with trash

happy with 5, but in reality should be more then 5
they just gave this one away at the expense of losing maybe half the team when everyone is up for contract renewal, are the spurs FO going to show those new players a loyalty contract for delivering a championship? or does that shit only apply to the big3, the big3 who coatrided kawhi to a championship

Thebesteva
05-03-2015, 06:27 AM
Don't care. The Redemption title was far more impressive than any repeat. That was franchise killing stuff that happened and to come back and play historically great basketball enroute to a championship is an amazing feat, much more amazing than beating Dwert and an 75 year old Celtics team when the league was at its weakest.

Really mid? Taking a salty shot at the Lakers? Why are Spurs fans so butt hurt over LA all the time? Besides, 2009 and 2010 were really big years for the NBA, particularly with the Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, and in a distant 4th place the Magic. They were all huge threats to one another. And that 2010 Celtics team dismantled Lebron in Cleveland as wel as Dwights Magic. They were a defensive mastermind team from top to bottom.

Who is honestly the front runner this year? This is by far the weakest I've ever seen the NBA, the eastern conference is worst than ive ever seen it (it looked solid in the regular season compared to this) and its a wild west shoot out with a bunch of B+ teams in the WC.

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 06:31 AM
Lol weakest in the nba.

West: dubs spurs clips rox

West in 09-10 rockets led by aaron brooks, denver nuggets :lol

Strange Love
05-03-2015, 06:33 AM
Kind of like how they eviscerated the Lakers, then the Celtics, then the Lakers again, then the Heat when they ran their course?

ESPN jumps on dicks on a year to year basis.

And as far as them not winning a title after they just won one the year prior, I dont get hung up on that lame stat. Back to backs are cool and gives the fans something to trash talk about but in the end its just another title and when you count them up, they are still count as one.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 06:40 AM
Really mid? Taking a salty shot at the Lakers? Why are Spurs fans so butt hurt over LA all the time? Besides, 2009 and 2010 were really big years for the NBA, particularly with the Cavs, Lakers, Celtics, and in a distant 4th place the Magic. They were all huge threats to one another. And that 2010 Celtics team dismantled Lebron in Cleveland as wel as Dwights Magic. They were a defensive mastermind team from top to bottom.

Who is honestly the front runner this year? This is by far the weakest I've ever seen the NBA, the eastern conference is worst than ive ever seen it (it looked solid in the regular season compared to this) and its a wild west shoot out with a bunch of B+ teams in the WC.

This is the strongest the NBA has ever been from a good/great team standpoint. When the defending champions lodge 55 wins and it's only good enough for a 6th seed, you know you're in a super tough era. The East might be weak, but the stacked West offsets that. Lebron's Cavs were a one man team, the Magic were trash, and the West was featuring teams like Carmelo's Nuggets and the corpse of the SSOL Suns in the WCF.

I only take "shots" at the Lakers when Laker fans start with the repeat shtick. End of the day, rings, no matter what order in which they come, is all that matters. No sane fan on Earth would trade 6 titles for a 3 peat. A "repeat" is a meaningless accomplishment invented by a butthurt Red Auerbach after the Lakers ended the Celtic reign.

Thebesteva
05-03-2015, 06:48 AM
This is the strongest the NBA has ever been from a good/great team standpoint. When the defending champions lodge 55 wins and it's only good enough for a 6th seed, you know you're in a super tough era. The East might be weak, but the stacked West offsets that. Lebron's Cavs were a one man team, the Magic were trash, and the West was featuring teams like Carmelo's Nuggets and the corpse of the SSOL Suns in the WCF.

I only take "shots" at the Lakers when Laker fans start with the repeat shtick. End of the day, rings, no matter what order in which they come, is all that matters. No sane fan on Earth would trade 6 titles for a 3 peat. A "repeat" is a meaningless accomplishment invented by a butthurt Red Auerbach after the Lakers ended the Celtic reign.

Repeating is not a shtick. You're being salty AF right now, Spurs are a great team, but not repeating is a legit knock by even mainstream fans. How the fuck do you lose in the first or second round year after year after year when you're the champions?

It's not like I'm saying they're not a legendary team, I'm saying they lack the heart and discipline to repeat. The funny thing is I wont be surprised if they come back in 2-3 years and win another one. They're that damn good, but they just don't have the heart to repeat.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 06:52 AM
Kind of like how they eviscerated the Lakers, then the Celtics, then the Lakers again, then the Heat when they ran their course?

And as far as them not winning a title after they just won one the year prior, I dont get hung up on that lame stat. Back to backs are cool and gives the fans something to trash talk about but in the end its just another title and when you count them up, they are still count as one.

Yep. And if Red and like-minded fans can invent false accomplishments, then we're free to do the same, like my axiom that no all-time great player should miss the playoffs in consecutive seasons. Look up any all-time great relatively close to his prime, and he doesn't miss the playoffs back-to-back. Kobe did such, putting up some of the worst numbers in league history for a "superstar" player, so per my invented criteria, Kobe's legacy takes a hit just like Tim's does because he couldn't "repeat."

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Repeating is not a shtick. You're being salty AF right now, Spurs are a great team, but not repeating is a legit knock by even mainstream fans. How the fuck do you lose in the first or second round year after year after year when you're the champions?

It's not like I'm saying they're not a legendary team, I'm saying they lack the heart and discipline to repeat. The funny thing is I wont be surprised if they come back in 2-3 years and win another one. They're that damn good, but they just don't have the heart to repeat.

It's a shtick and invented by Red Auerbach.

What's this "heart" bullshit? You sound like a terrible ESPN forum poster in the vein of history2b or some such.

You want the uncomfortable truth here? Winning one title takes not just a little, but A LOT of luck. Yes, the best teams often have a greater earned/luck ratio, but you need a lot of breaks along the way, especially with regard to health.

The Lakers first "repeat" in '88 saw Isiah Thomas limited in game 7 by an ankle injury. And in the game before that, Bill Laimbeer was called for a bullshit foul on Kareem that led the Lakers to win a game they had no business winning. On the same note, good fortune struck the Pistons next season when Magic and Worthy went down for injuries.

The Lakers '00 title? They never had to play the defending champions, who swept them a year before and suffered their best player missing the playoffs. Then they needed an epic Portland chokejob to get out of the WCF. The '02 title? I won't even cite the game 6 screwjob, but Peja was injured the entire series and the normally sharp shooting Kings struggled massively at the line in game 7.

'09. Both Yao and McGrady miss the 2nd round matchup with the Lakers, and those Rockets pushed the Lakers to 7. We can't say for sure if those two players would've made a difference, but in any event, it was a huge break for the Lakers. On the Eastern Conference side of things, KG misses the playoffs with an injury, and the Cavs, who were a terrible matchup for the Lakers, get eliminated by a luckbox Magic team, who the Lakers matched up with perfectly, considering they had no wing players worth a shit and Jameer Nelson was at 20% (PG defense was the Lakers achilles heel in those days).

And I can pick apart the Spurs titles in a similar fashion. This is why the "repeat" shtick is arbitrary bullshit. The stars need to align to just win one title, much less two or three-in-a-row, and it just so happens the stars never aligned in back-to-back seasons for the Spurs.

End of the day, though, rings are rings. You don't win any extra hardware for repeating.

Horse
05-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Should be obvious by now the Spurs are not allowed to repeat '00 Timmy was hurt '04 late clock bs Fischer shot '06 Mysterious manu foul on dirk '08 stuck on a plane in New Orleans and lakerefs '15 pop Parker and maybe the worst call in playoff history and a strange whistle. The nba won't let them go back to back cause they're not a popular team and it won't change till Tony rapes someone or Kawhi gets arrested. Pop culture mtv bullshit in the WWENBA!

Venti Quattro
05-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Should be obvious by now the Spurs are not allowed to repeat '00 Timmy was hurt '04 late clock bs Fischer shot '06 Mysterious manu foul on dirk '08 stuck on a plane in New Orleans and lakerefs '15 pop Parker and maybe the worst call in playoff history and a strange whistle. The nba won't let them go back to back cause they're not a popular team and it won't change till Tony rapes someone or Kawhi gets arrested. Pop culture mtv bullshit in the WWENBA!

:lol Massage therapist

Horse
05-03-2015, 07:15 AM
:lol Massage therapist
And while you post in your moms basement I'm upstairs "working"

unleashbaynes
05-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Dude the Clips are an elite team. Griffin played out of his mind. You can't really even talk shit about this.

z0sa
05-03-2015, 07:51 AM
This is a team sport. Defending your team's title one year and dropping off the map is a lot less profitable than winning 5 over the course of 15+. This repeat bullshit is just that, bullshit. Not the losses dont piss me off immensely - they do. The West-East imbalance is fucking ridiculous.

Agloco
05-03-2015, 07:54 AM
OP and ESPN make no mention of level of competition involved in Spurs repeat quests. Not surprising.

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Mid wins this round for Spursfan pride.

Thread
05-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Don't care.

You can't even take it with head held high. You have to portend it doesn't matter.

Thread
05-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Dude the Clips are an elite team. Griffin played out of his mind. You can't really even talk shit about this.

His 4th quarter numbers were abysmal till the end of the series, but, you did not take advantage. Pop was too fucking busy trying to figure when & when it was not wise to hack. Simpleton bastard.

KaiRMD1
05-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Repeating is the only thing lakers have because let's face it, before parker became a cancer, kobe owned the cancer gimmick from an early age

Thread
05-03-2015, 09:09 AM
lol winning culture my ass, more like loser mentality

u got duncan in ur hands, which puts you in a position to contend every year, yet you surround him with trash

happy with 5, but in reality should be more then 5
they just gave this one away at the expense of losing maybe half the team when everyone is up for contract renewal, are the spurs FO going to show those new players a loyalty contract for delivering a championship? or does that shit only apply to the big3, the big3 who coatrided kawhi to a championship

Precisely. At default it was 6. They took the one back after selling like a key chain & 2 bumper stickers of your shit before the roof fucking caved in.

Thread
05-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Repeating is the only thing lakers have because let's face it, before parker became a cancer, kobe owned the cancer gimmick from an early age

You can scapegoat that SOB all you want, without him you're light 4 NBA Titles.

If Amy would've held up her end of that devilish deal you'd have 6, your 3 peat imminent.

RD2191
05-03-2015, 09:27 AM

DMC
05-03-2015, 11:11 AM
God damn, ESPN eviscerated the Spurs and constantly discussed how they are 25-26 (I think that's the correct stat not sure) after winning the title and how they have never made it to the NBA finals after winning a championship.

Honestly, I am surprised at how soft the Spurs fans are on their guys for always being complacent after winning. How the fuck do these guys always win and then dissapear the following season?
Good then, Dale can't bitch about the media allowing the Spurs a free pass. That seems to bother him for some reason. Now get back to posting shitty threads about TMZ stuff.

Mitch
05-03-2015, 11:18 AM
It takes greatness to repeat, just winning... Well that's not the sign of a true champion like Gasol, Pippin & Horry.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 11:39 AM

:lol

da_suns_fan
05-03-2015, 11:40 AM
The Spurs were just never that dominant...always good but usually "right place, right time". They had an insane amount of luck (Amare/Diaw suspension, cramp game, etc). Throw in that their 99, 03, and 07 finals opponents had no business being in the finals. Its easy to understand why that luck wouldnt ever happen two years in a row.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 11:49 AM

No. Repeating matters. It shows a consistent level of maintained dominance. Case in point. Jordan is known for scoring, yet KAJ is the all-time leading scorer in NBA history. Both have 6 rangs. Media hate of KAJ aside, most fans outside of Laker Nation thinks he is GOAT. Why? Consistent level of dominance by 3peating twice as champion.

Now I think that flaws the GOAT argument, but I understand why the argument is being made.

Dominance matters. Repeating championships demonstrates that. Sp*rs haven't shown they are capable of such a feat.

* denotes NOT repeating as a true championship team should.

Thread
05-03-2015, 11:49 AM
^^da.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 11:55 AM
The Spurs were just never that dominant...always good but usually "right place, right time". They had an insane amount of luck (Amare/Diaw suspension, cramp game, etc). Throw in that their 99, 03, and 07 finals opponents had no business being in the finals. Its easy to understand why that luck wouldnt ever happen two years in a row.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-03-2015, 11:56 AM
This faggot comes on ST talking shit about the Lakers when his team does bad, and when they finally get eliminated, he goes back to bashing :lol

Lakers fans should just take away his fan card..

Mitch
05-03-2015, 11:58 AM
This faggot comes on ST talking shit about the Lakers when his team does bad, and when they finally get eliminated, he goes back to bashing :lol

Lakers fans should just take away his fan card..

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/68/43/97/684397a48421c8fe406305149d8b1d19.jpg

RD2191
05-03-2015, 12:03 PM
:lmaosalty ass nigga

RD2191
05-03-2015, 12:03 PM
tell us more about those suns title runs bro

da_suns_fan
05-03-2015, 12:16 PM

Discrete Mathematics.

Probability and Determinism. Chris Paul has a pulled hammy and they STILL couldnt win. How much luck do you need?

Evidently, a lot.

RD2191
05-03-2015, 12:18 PM
Discrete Mathematics.

Probability and Determinism. Chris Paul has a pulled hammy and they STILL couldnt win. How much luck do you need?

Evidently, a lot.
Sucks that the Suns couldn't luck their way to a title, or 5.

Kool Bob Love
05-03-2015, 12:26 PM
Discrete Mathematics.

Evidently, a lot.
Change your sig. Jared Dudley doesn't even play for the Suns anymore idiot.

BatManu20
05-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Oh look, laker and suns fans trying to diminish the achievements of the greatest/ most successful franchise in professional sports over the last 2 decades.

Good thing nobody gives a shit about these meaningless opinions on a message board and the general public and all basketball experts still know that the Spurs are the greatest NBA team/overall team in professional sports the last 2 decades.

Thread
05-03-2015, 12:41 PM
Oh look, laker and suns fans trying to diminish the achievements of the greatest/ most successful franchise in professional sports over the last 2 decades.

Good thing nobody gives a shit about these meaningless opinions on a message board and the general public and all basketball experts still know that the Spurs are the greatest NBA team/overall team in professional sports the last 2 decades.

You couldn't even stand up for yourselves the past fortnight. You played like has beens.

20, you disgraced yourselves.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 12:58 PM
Discrete Mathematics.

Evidently, a lot.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 12:59 PM
tell us more about those suns title runs bro

2007*

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 01:03 PM

Team A: B2B2B, B2B, won H2H vs. Team B 4-2*
Team B: 5 scattered rangs, on the short end of 4-2 schtick, NEVER repeated

Sometimes 5 does not equal 5. :downspin:

*Kobe didn't play during the last series loss to the Sp*rs

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 01:06 PM
This is a team sport. Defending your team's title one year and dropping off the map is a lot less profitable than winning 5 over the course of 15+. This repeat bullshit is just that, bullshit. Not the losses dont piss me off immensely - they do. The West-East imbalance is fucking ridiculous.

^^^ TRUTH. BTW fuck ESPN, haven't watched in a while and won't start soon.

Suns fans on ESPN message boards were still bitching this year about 07 playoffs and how they were cheated, they never get over it. Spurs owned them so bad it still haunts them.

daslicer
05-03-2015, 01:07 PM
Team A: B2B2B, B2B, won H2H vs. Team B 4-2*
Team B: 5 scattered rangs, on the short end of 4-2 schtick, NEVER repeated

Sometimes 5 does not equal 5. :downspin:

*Kobe didn't play during the last series loss to the Sp*rs

:lol In the words of former President Bush "That's some fuzzy math."

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 01:16 PM
:lol In the words of former President Bush "That's some fuzzy math."

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 01:17 PM
^^^ TRUTH. BTW fuck ESPN, haven't watched in a while and won't start soon.

Suns fans on ESPN message boards were still bitching this year about 07 playoffs and how they were cheated, they never get over it. Spurs owned them so bad it still haunts them.

Y'all DID cheat in 2007. If Horry didn't...you know the rest son.

RD2191
05-03-2015, 02:23 PM
Who wants to repeat anyways? Look at the franchises who repeated the past 15 years. Lakers turned into dog shit with Kobe demanding a trade and missing the playoffs and the 2nd time they did it they went to shit after. Look at them now, they're the laughing stock of the NBA and won't contend for a title for many years to come. The Heat went all out and had to bring together 3 superstars in their prime to repeat but what future do they have now? They may not ring in another 20 years. Spurs are tied with the Lakers for most titles in the past 20 years. 18 consecutive playoff appearances, 16 50+ win seasons despite never signing a big name free agent or having a high draft pick. And guess what? They drafted the DPOY and a Finals MVP with the 15th pick in the 2011 draft.:lol

:lolLakers
:lolHeat
:lolKobe
:lolHave fun sucking for the next 10 years

Strange Love
05-03-2015, 03:01 PM
No. Repeating matters. It shows a consistent level of maintained dominance. Case in point. Jordan is known for scoring, yet KAJ is the all-time leading scorer in NBA history. Both have 6 rangs. Media hate of KAJ aside, most fans outside of Laker Nation thinks he is GOAT. Why? Consistent level of dominance by 3peating twice as champion.

Now I think that flaws the GOAT argument, but I understand why the argument is being made.

Dominance matters. Repeating championships demonstrates that. Sp*rs haven't shown they are capable of such a feat.

Matters to whom? Retarded lakerfan minds?

That doesn't proof shit. You dont need to be repeating every year to show dominance.

This is only a phenomenon in the NBA. You dont see this kind of talk in other sports.

If you had it your way, would you rather have back to back titles or 3..4 or more over a span of say 15 years? Answer should be a pretty easy one to make.

Arcadian
05-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Repeating is an arbitrary concept.

Winning two out of three championships (W-L-W) is equally impressive as winning two and then losing one (W-W-L). Mathematically, they're the same. To suggest otherwise is irrational.

KaiRMD1
05-03-2015, 03:30 PM

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/27594e33520c15f9ec45966186cc13b75eba6bd5/c=24-0-1889-1399&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/AsburyPark/2014/06/16/nba-finals.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.app.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fnb a%2F2014%2F06%2F16%2Fspurs-stick-around-even-duncan%2F10646179%2F&ei=PYVGVeGDM4edNuuLgIAN&psig=AFQjCNEiu4pD_rUB4jCSjllPrxo8dcJlDA&ust=1430771385707331)

05-03-2015, 03:30 PM
The Spurs were just never that dominant...always good but usually "right place, right time". They had an insane amount of luck (Amare/Diaw suspension, cramp game, etc). Throw in that their 99, 03, and 07 finals opponents had no business being in the finals. Its easy to understand why that luck wouldnt ever happen two years in a row. terrible argument.

DMC
05-03-2015, 03:49 PM

You don't know the difference between a winner and a juggernaut. The Spurs were never a juggernaut, ever. They play the right way and that allows them to be poised to strike when other teams monkey ball their way to stupidity or they injure themselves or have some other emergency.

There's no rhyme or reason behind the Spurs making 2 straight Finals appearances with an old core like that. You have to look at the rest of the league and shake your damn head because the product they are selling is pathetic. Spurs just play good basketball, and it's amazing how a good basketball set can beat a group of uber talented monkeys.

At the end of the career though, it's 5 rings. All that b2b shit is just a side note. 5 rings looks like 5 rings.

DMC
05-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Y'all DID cheat in 2007. If Horry didn't...you know the rest son.
Your tears taste like nacho cheese

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 04:23 PM

No, MJ's GOAT status over Kareem has nothing to do with him having 2 three peats, it has to do with him having 6 "1st option/team leader rings" whereas Kareem has 3 or 4 depending on your point-of-view of when the Lakers became "Magic's Team." Jordan also has 6 Finals MVPs to go along with that to Kareem's 2.

Shit, even Duncan has more Finals MVPs than Kareem.

And people think that lanky fuck should be considered "GOAT." Only reason he sits atop the all-time scoring list was because he padded during the shittiest era in NBA history (the 70's)

Kareem was typically my 2nd GOAT, but after considering the specifics, I'm moving him to 4th, behind the Jordan, Magic, and Duncan.

The 7:lols

The Reckoning
05-03-2015, 04:26 PM

want some pepper with that salt?

Koolaid_Man
05-03-2015, 04:30 PM
No, MJ's GOAT status over Kareem has nothing to do with him having 2 three peats, it has to do with him having 6 "1st option/team leader rings" whereas Kareem has 3 or 4 depending on your point-of-view of when the Lakers became "Magic's Team." Jordan also has 6 Finals MVPs to go along with that to Kareem's 2.

And people think that lanky fuck should be considered "GOAT." Only reason he sits atop the all-time scoring list was because he padded during the shittiest era in NBA history (the 70's)

Kareem was typically my 2nd GOAT, but after considering the specifics, I'm moving him to 4th, behind the Jordan, Magic, and Duncan.

The Spurs loss and Floyds win has really left you battered and bruised...wish i could say I feel for you but I couldnt think of a better person than you to be wallowing in misery :lol

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 04:31 PM
The Spurs loss and Floyds win has really left you battered and bruised...wish i could say I feel for you but I couldnt think of a better person than you to be wallowing in misert :lol

Lottery :lol

Good luck getting back to the playoffs. Maybe we'll see you there in about 5 years :toast

Koolaid_Man
05-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Lottery :lol

Good luck getting back to the playoffs. Maybe we'll see you there in about 5 years :toast

We get a top 4 pick for basically accomplishing what you accomplished this season which is nothing....welcome to Lake fresh water for some fine fishing my friend :lol

Strange Love
05-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Looks like lrkfan got run the fuck outta this thread. :lol

Thebesteva
05-03-2015, 04:45 PM
It's a shtick and invented by Red Auerbach.

What's this "heart" bullshit? You sound like a terrible ESPN forum poster in the vein of history2b or some such.

You want the uncomfortable truth here? Winning one title takes not just a little, but A LOT of luck. Yes, the best teams often have a greater earned/luck ratio, but you need a lot of breaks along the way, especially with regard to health.

The Lakers first "repeat" in '88 saw Isiah Thomas limited in game 7 by an ankle injury. And in the game before that, Bill Laimbeer was called for a bullshit foul on Kareem that led the Lakers to win a game they had no business winning. On the same note, good fortune struck the Pistons next season when Magic and Worthy went down for injuries.

The Lakers '00 title? They never had to play the defending champions, who swept them a year before and suffered their best player missing the playoffs. Then they needed an epic Portland chokejob to get out of the WCF. The '02 title? I won't even cite the game 6 screwjob, but Peja was injured the entire series and the normally sharp shooting Kings struggled massively at the line in game 7.

'09. Both Yao and McGrady miss the 2nd round matchup with the Lakers, and those Rockets pushed the Lakers to 7. We can't say for sure if those two players would've made a difference, but in any event, it was a huge break for the Lakers. On the Eastern Conference side of things, KG misses the playoffs with an injury, and the Cavs, who were a terrible matchup for the Lakers, get eliminated by a luckbox Magic team, who the Lakers matched up with perfectly, considering they had no wing players worth a shit and Jameer Nelson was at 20% (PG defense was the Lakers achilles heel in those days).

And I can pick apart the Spurs titles in a similar fashion. This is why the "repeat" shtick is arbitrary bullshit. The stars need to align to just win one title, much less two or three-in-a-row, and it just so happens the stars never aligned in back-to-back seasons for the Spurs.

End of the day, though, rings are rings. You don't win any extra hardware for repeating.

You're melting down harder than the Duke brothers at the end of trading places.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51ca1256ecad04846400001c-821-482/trading%20places%2016.png

Strange Love
05-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Actually, mid is dropping some hardcore truth bombs that are pretty much irrefutable.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 04:49 PM
We get a top 4 pick for basically accomplishing what you accomplished this season which is nothing....welcome to Lake fresh water for some fine fishing my friend :lol

There ain't no franchise players in this draft. Enjoy the cellar next year once again.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 04:50 PM
You're melting down harder than the Duke brothers at the end of trading places.

http://static2.businessinsider.com/image/51ca1256ecad04846400001c-821-482/trading%20places%2016.png

Sure :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 04:57 PM

Now I know you trolling. Firstly, 1 of his 6 rangs happened in the 70's. Secondly, 5 of his 6 rangs occurred in the 80's. Thirdly, ignoring the 1 in the 70s, his 5 in the 80's > 6 in the watered down 90's. MJ didn't win until Bird's back went out. Fourthly, KAJ beat Bird in the Finals twice. Bird beat MJ how many times? Exactly. Fifthly, no one has Duncan > KAJ anywhere outside of a few delusional Spurs Talkers. NOBODY. Sixthly, Duncan is Brad Daughtery in the 80's. Same skillsets, different stats due to level of physicality and skill of bigs back then. That soft And-1 crap Duncan made a career of wouldn't fly back then. His ceiling is Brad I'm Bad Daughtery. A soft big who has as many LOBs as I do.

I don't blame you for lashing out. It's the end of an era for you guys. It was a nice little small market feel good type run. I feel for you bruh. :toast

RD2191
05-03-2015, 04:58 PM
Now I know you trolling. Firstly, 1 of his 6 rangs happened in the 70's. Secondly, 5 of his 6 rangs occurred in the 80's. Thirdly, ignoring the 1 in the 70s, his 5 in the 80's > 6 in the watered down 90's. MJ didn't win until Bird's back went out. Fourthly, KAJ beat Bird in the Finals twice. Bird beat MJ how many times? Exactly. Fifthly, no one has Duncan > KAJ anywhere outside of a few delusional Spurs Talkers. NOBODY. Sixthly, Duncan is Brad Daughtery in the 80's. Same skillsets, different stats due to level of physicality and skill of bigs back then. That soft And-1 crap Duncan made a career of wouldn't fly back then. His ceiling is Brad I'm Bad Daughtery. A soft big who has as many LOBs as I do.

I don't blame you for lashing out. It's the end of an era for you guys. It was a nice little small market feel good type run. I feel for you bruh. :toast
:lmaoNo.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Your tears taste like nacho cheese:lol

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 05:03 PM

2 Finals MVPs :lol

A "GOAT" should have more than 2 Finals MVPS.

Duncan: 3
Kobe: 2
Kareem: 2

:toast

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 05:06 PM
And funny enough, Kareem's stats were Brad daughtery level in the mid 80's :lmao

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
2 Finals MVPs :lol

A "GOAT" should have more than 2 Finals MVPS.

Duncan: 3
Kobe: 2
Kareem: 2

Jim Daughtery wouldn't make it in the '80s. He's too soft. However, KAJ in this era, would average 40+/20/6. I'm not even joking. Who would stop him - Duncan? Shaq? DeContract Jordan? Wilt couldn't even do it.

Stop comparing Duncan to KAJ. It's embarrassing son. :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 05:33 PM
And funny enough, Kareem's stats were Brad daughtery level in the mid 80's :lmao

Misleading. How many rangs did Magic get WITHOUT KAJ?

Koolaid_Man
05-03-2015, 05:40 PM
There ain't no franchise players in this draft. Enjoy the cellar next year once again.

Mid...I once told this girl that I wanted to eat her like Ice cream on a Sunny day before it melted all away....she laughed her ass off but she did let me hit....there's a moral in the story Mid..see if you can find it :lol

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 05:42 PM

Jim Daughtery wouldn't make it in the '80s. He's too soft. However, KAJ in this era, would average 40+/20/6. I'm not even joking. Who would stop him - Duncan? Shaq? DeContract Jordan? Wilt couldn't even do it.

Stop comparing Duncan to KAJ. It's embarrassing son. :lol

80's defense was atrocious. You mistake a hard foul now and then for good defense.

Thread
05-03-2015, 05:43 PM
80's defense was atrocious. You mistake a hard foul now and then for good defense.

You're full of shit, Midst.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 05:45 PM

It was. 130 point games were the norm on 50% shooting.

Koolaid_Man
05-03-2015, 05:45 PM

He's hurting and in pain....last night was too much....like a fine race horse that's at it's end...the only humane thing to do is a shot gun blast to the brain....he's asking to be put outta his misery

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm confident that KAJ would have DOMINATED any era. These new gimmicky defenses wouldn't stop him. He could shoot 15-20 footers, his sky hook goes out to that range too - ask Lurch, Parish, Eaton, Tree Rollins, etc.

His low post game? Top notch. Only players that are even close in terms of potency are Shaq, Wilt, and Prime Dream.

And I GUARANTEE you Manu wouldn't have taken his Olympic cookie. :lol

Thread
05-03-2015, 06:53 PM
He's hurting and in pain....last night was too much....like a fine race horse that's at it's end...the only humane thing to do is a shot gun blast to the brain....he's asking to be put outta his misery

He's in purposeful denial. He can only take winning. He can't take losing.

DMC
05-03-2015, 06:57 PM
He's in purposeful denial. He can only take winning. He can't take losing.
You and your crew think post season is the season to post. You've not seen it in years. Odd you never seem to mention that. What are you, the justice league?

Thread
05-03-2015, 07:00 PM
You and your crew think post season is the season to post. You've not seen it in years. Odd you never seem to mention that. What are you, the justice league?

You lost, dummy. What, we're not coming after you for it?

You're not going to sit there like Midst and not take it are you?

Arnold Toht
05-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Let me get this straight... Duncan can lose his title as NBA champion 5 times + 1 given back and still have a legacy? WTF? Kobe didn't give any back and he was only stripped of the title 2 times.

Arnold Toht
05-03-2015, 07:02 PM
And notice how I only mention championships as 'titles' and not 'rings'. Duncan won't have any rings remaining by the time he sells them for some cash.

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:02 PM
You lost, dummy. What, we're not coming after you for it?

You're not going to sit there like Midst and not take it are you?
You lost first. You're not even in the playoffs so you didn't beat us. Let a Clipper fan talk shit. You've got no right to talk shit when your team hasn't even won a post season game in 3 fucking years. Last time you saw us in the playoffs you got historically taken to the woodshed and swept the fuck out, so bad you haven't recovered in 3 years.

Thread
05-03-2015, 07:04 PM
You lost first. You're not even in the playoffs so you didn't beat us. Let a Clipper fan talk shit. You've got no right to talk shit when your team hasn't even won a post season game in 3 fucking years. Last time you saw us in the playoffs you got historically taken to the woodshed and swept the fuck out, so bad you haven't recovered in 3 years.

Fine. I've had enough of this shit.

I'll be in the Reading Room.

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:05 PM
Let me get this straight... Duncan can lose his title as NBA champion 5 times + 1 given back and still have a legacy? WTF? Kobe didn't give any back and he was only stripped of the title 2 times.
Not sure you know how it works, since you're to ashamed to post under one user account and the Mavs have one ring since Jesus walked the planet, so just FYI... you don't lose titles after you've won them.

Koolaid_Man
05-03-2015, 07:06 PM
nigga could never defend shit anyway...couldn't defend his personal home life and wife, bank account, Americas's gold medal, or his NBA title....instead he let niggas come live with him and his wife...let dudes steal all kinds of money from him, brought home a bronze medal, found out he was getting cucked and instead of defending his property (wife) decided to hire a private investigator...already knowing full well he was getting cucked...and of course never defended a title and never had the desire to...

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:08 PM
I'm confident that KAJ would have DOMINATED any era. These new gimmicky defenses wouldn't stop him. He could shoot 15-20 footers, his sky hook goes out to that range too - ask Lurch, Parish, Eaton, Tree Rollins, etc.

His low post game? Top notch. Only players that are even close in terms of potency are Shaq, Wilt, and Prime Dream.

And I GUARANTEE you Manu wouldn't have taken his Olympic cookie. :lol
I disagree. You don't take a person from an era and move them forward while keeping the same training and understanding of the game. Without John Wooden teaching him, and instead probably playing under some gimmicky coach with some shoot first PG, Kareem wouldn't have developed a post game. He'd play for some AAU team and be monkey balling like Jordan.

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:09 PM
nigga could never defend shit anyway...couldn't defend his personal home life and wife, bank account, Americas's gold medal, or his NBA title....instead he let niggas come live with him and his wife...let dudes steal all kinds of money from him, brought home a bronze medal, found out he was getting cucked and instead of defending his property (wife) decided to hire a private investigator...already knowing full well he was getting cucked...and of course never defended a title and never had the desire to...
Most of that he did before sweeping your team out of the league 3 years ago.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:12 PM
I disagree. You don't take a person from an era and move them forward while keeping the same training and understanding of the game. Without John Wooden teaching him, and instead probably playing under some gimmicky coach with some shoot first PG, Kareem wouldn't have developed a post game. He'd play for some AAU team and be monkey balling like Jordan.

Quite possibly the dumbest post you ever made and that's saying something. So I guess Pop had nothing to do with Duncan'ts development? SMH

KAJ >>>>>>>>>DuncanPERIOD

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:14 PM

Sp*rs won 3 more playoff games than we did. Let det sink in. :lol

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:19 PM
Quite possibly the dumbest post you ever made and that's saying something. So I guess Pop had nothing to do with Duncan'ts development? SMH

KAJ >>>>>>>>>DuncanPERIOD

Would you say he peaked during the 87 and 88 seasons?

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:19 PM

Simple explanation: we were tanking. When y'all owners colluded to steal CP3, we went full tank mode, got under the salary cap, stopped giving out food stamps to RC Buford, now we are reloading.

Duncan is down 2-4 H2H vs. Kobe. No Kobe this year again. Prime opportunity to defend his title. Failed. For the 5th time. Your regrets are your own son.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Simple explanation: we were tanking. When y'all owners colluded to steal CP3, we went full tank mode, got under the salary cap, stopped giving out food stamps to RC Buford, now we are reloading.

Duncan is down 2-4 H2H vs. Kobe. No Kobe this year again. Prime opportunity to defend his title. Failed. For the 5th time. Your regrets are your own son.

And Kobe is down 1-2 to Nash (Steve Nash :lmao) and 0-1 against Dirk.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
Would you say he peaked during the 87 and 88 seasons?

Considering he was 40 and 41 when he repeated during those years, no.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:24 PM
And Kobe is down 1-2 to Nash (Steve Nash :lmao) and 0-1 against Dirk.

I won't even dignify that post with an appropriate response. Your deflecting and grasping at straws.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 07:25 PM

Kareem was a net negative player during the 88 run (a -1.4 BPM :lmao) and averaged 14 points, a pathetic 5 board per game, on a mediocre .464 shooting. He was essentially a role player by every measurement. Duncan has never been such. His stats are nearly always the best on the team, and at worst, 2nd best.

Magic and Worthy carried Kareem's lanky corpse to a title in '88.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:26 PM
mid is in The Denial! stage of Spur death. :lol

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 07:27 PM
I won't even dignify that post with an appropriate response. Your deflecting and grasping at straws.

What's the difference?

All head-to-head match ups, and Kirby's lost against players Tim and the Spurs have routinely dominated. You're also forgetting Shaq in your little equation.

Caltex2
05-03-2015, 07:28 PM

That's just it, the Spurs are consistently great, never dominant. The '06 may have been the most dominant but they still lost.

Actually, the '99 Spurs were but its hard to figure how good they would have been over the course of a full season (I honestly don't think it would have mattered).

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 07:28 PM
mid is in The Denial! stage of Spur death. :lol

Calling out your stupidity isn't denial.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:30 PM
Kareem was a net negative player during the 88 run (a -1.4 BPM :lmao) and averaged 14 points, a pathetic 5 board per game, on a mediocre .464 shooting. He was essentially a role player by every measurement. Duncan has never been such. His stats are nearly always the best on the team, and at worst, 2nd best.

Magic and Worthy carried Kareem's lanky corpse to a title in '88.

Prime Duncan made the All Star team with 13.8. You comparing him to 40 year old KAJ? :lol

Back then they didn't space out games like nowadays. West Coast vs East Coast series were over in about a week - unless it went 7. Hardly anytime to recover - especially for a 40 year old.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:32 PM
Calling out your stupidity isn't denial.Name calling lashing out are indicative of anger. Wanna talk about it mid? :lol

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:33 PM

OK according to Dale only pussies and assholes tank.

Every time something doesn't go your way you cross over some barrier and try to set up camp on the other side, yet still wave the flag of your previous location. Now you're a Clipper I suppose.

My regrets might be my own, but the spoils aren't yours.

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:35 PM
Good, because he never repeated prior to that ergo he was never that good according to Lakerfan logic on this forum.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:38 PM
OK according to Dale only pussies and assholes tank.

Every time something doesn't go your way you cross over some barrier and try to set up camp on the other side, yet still wave the flag of your previous location. Now you're a Clipper I suppose.

My regrets might be my own, but the spoils aren't yours.

Clpr Fan? I don't think so. :lol

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 07:39 PM
Prime Duncan made the All Star team with 13.8. You comparing him to 40 year old KAJ? :lol

Back then they didn't space out games like nowadays. West Coast vs East Coast series were over in about a week - unless it went 7. Hardly anytime to recover - especially for a 40 year old.

That was during the regular season. He also wasn't a net negative for his team, even in the playoffs. But yes, that was the worst season of Duncan's career.

":cry He couldn't recover :cry"

That just further demonstrates how little impact he had on matters. Even a gimpy, ready-for-the-restroom Kareem, who could only manage a pathetic 5 boards during the playoffs, didn't deter the Lakers from winning.

Duncan, near a similar age, just put up 18 and 11 on 57% against the most athletic frontline in the league :hat

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Clpr Fan? I don't think so. :lol
Well here you are celebrating like you won something, did you forget you haven't made the playoffs in virtually 3 years?

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Your collusion (but but but we a small market :cry) lead to us cutting off public assistance. Tanking was necessary. Bring in cheap talent on rookie contracts and have cap space to sign FAs. Not sure how it will turn out but at least we'll be set up financially to make the requisite roster moves towards contention again. Despite our putrid last couple of years, I'm confident we'll rise from the ashes again.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:46 PM
Well here you are celebrating like you won something, did you forget you haven't made the playoffs in virtually 3 years?

No different than mid bragging about Mavs beating us in 2011. :shrugs:

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Your collusion (but but but we a small market :cry) lead to us cutting off public assistance. Tanking was necessary. Bring in cheap talent on rookie contracts and have cap space to sign FAs. Not sure how it will turn out but at least we'll be set up financially to make the requisite roster moves towards contention again. Despite our putrid last couple of years, I'm confident we'll rise from the ashes again.
Necessary.. you had Dwight Howard (who's in the playoffs), Pau Gasol (who's in the playoffs), Steve Nash (two time MVP), Kobe Bryant (5 rings) and Ron Ron and yet you couldn't win a single playoff game, not one.

It's not about public assistance, it's about you still being here pretending your team beat ours. I get it that you're rebuilding, act like it.

HI-FI
05-03-2015, 07:48 PM
To repeat requires some lucky breaks or bounces, ie being the league's golden child helps a whole lot, like LA 2002 etc...

as for Spurs, they've never gotten many hookups from the league. I do think the biggest issue is Pop, I don't think he handles success very well. By his bulbous nose I imagine he drinks more after a championship year, gets more wonky in his decisions (this year, 2006 etc...). Losing seems to sober him enough to bring out his best coaching. He was terrible this year, living or dying with a historical choker at PG.

cant blame the lack of repeats on Duncan, he's about as consistent as you could ask for in a player.

LkrFan
That was during the regular season. He also wasn't a net negative for his team, even in the playoffs. But yes, that was the worst season of Duncan's career.

":cry He couldn't recover :cry"

That just further demonstrates how little impact he had on matters. Even a gimpy, ready-for-the-restroom Kareem, who could only manage a pathetic 5 boards during the playoffs, didn't deter the Lakers from winning.

Duncan, near a similar age, just put up 18 and 11 on 57% against the most athletic frontline in the league :hat

Against DeContract Jordan? Imagine what KAJ woild do to him. :lol

The '80s bigs >>> today's bigs. -15 points son. :lol

DMC
No different than mid bragging about Mavs beating us in 2011. :shrugs:

Last time you were in the playoffs we swept you. Until you beat us, you can't talk shit. That's how it works around here. Clipper fans can talk shit, so log into your Clipper account and talk shit, that's the norm here.

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:49 PM
Against DeContract Jordan? Imagine what KAJ woild do to him. :lol

The '80s bigs >>> today's bigs. -15 points son. :lol
Nothing. Monkeyball would destroy him. He couldn't defend the pick and roll nor stop that lob on every trip. His slow ass couldn't get back in time to do anything. He'd be another Blake casualty.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Necessary.. you had Dwight Howard (who's in the playoffs), Pau Gasol (who's in the playoffs), Steve Nash (two time MVP), Kobe Bryant (5 rings) and Ron Ron and yet you couldn't win a single playoff game, not one.

It's not about public assistance, it's about you still being here pretending your team beat ours. I get it that you're rebuilding, act like it.

Will you "act like it" after Duncan retires and you are perennially shining shoes?

da_suns_fan
05-03-2015, 07:54 PM
Change your sig. Jared Dudley doesn't even play for the Suns anymore idiot.

I'm waiting for the Spurs to repeat.

DMC
Will you "act like it" after Duncan retires and you are perennially shining shoes?
When you get your own schtick, perhaps, because even then it won't be your shoes.

LkrFan
Nothing. Monkeyball would destroy him. He couldn't defend the pick and roll nor stop that lob on every trip. His slow ass couldn't get back in time to do anything. He'd be another Blake casualty.

You sound like a battered...nevermind. WHO on the Clipps would stop KAJ? That knife cuts both ways son.

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:56 PM
The odds are it will happen before you ever see a title in Phoenix.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Even the Rockets repeated. But Duncan > Dream! :lol

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:58 PM
You sound like a battered...nevermind. WHO on the Clipps would stop KAJ? That knife cuts both ways son.

Stop him from what exactly? Are you talking about 1970 Kareem or 1989 Kareem? 20 years in the league. People stopped Shaq, so they could also stop Kareem. He got stopped even back then by people far less talented than those today. Ten years between titles, that a lot of stopping.

baseline bum
05-03-2015, 07:59 PM

Bird's back went out in 1983 son.

LOL it being Jordan's fault that Bird, McHale, Parish, Walton, Johnson, Ainge, etc stomped Jordan, Orlando Woolridge, and Dave Corzine.

DMC
05-03-2015, 07:59 PM
Even the Rockets repeated. But Duncan > Dream! :lol
I know when you start with the emoticons and the spinning thing that you're defeated already. You never addressed the fact that KAJ never repeated while he was the best player on the team, during the time you say marked his prime.

baseline bum
05-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Brad Daugherty? :lmao

Duncan's antiquated era equivalent would be healthy Walton

baseline bum
05-03-2015, 08:03 PM
Magic's modern era equivalent is Jason Collins

DMC
05-03-2015, 08:10 PM

But you didn't beat them, in fact you quit and you wear that like a badge of honor.."we tanked".

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:13 PM
I'm waiting for the Spurs to repeat.:lol

Strange Love
05-03-2015, 08:15 PM

And not when the Suns will be relevant again? For a suns:lmao fan you really are taken with what somebody else does. :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:18 PM
I know when you start with the emoticons and the spinning thing that you're defeated already. You never addressed the fact that KAJ never repeated while he was the best player on the team, during the time you say marked his prime.
He repeated in '87 and '88 seasons. Evidence? Magic did not win even one rang without him. 1989? KAJ retired. Pisstons won det year.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:20 PM
But you didn't beat them, in fact you quit and you wear that like a badge of honor.."we tanked".

Y'all fishing like us. Defending chumps. 1st round TKO. Loss to the Clipps of all teams. Their best player blew a tire and it still didn't matter. Clipps ended the Duncan era. The Clipps! :lol

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 08:21 PM
If Duncan just had a player in the same caliber of Daddy or even just MVPau he would have more 3peats than MJ tbh.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:22 PM
If Duncan just had a player in the same caliber of Daddy or even just MVPau he would have more 3peats than MJ tbh.

Wrong. MVPau is 0-16 v Duncan without Kobe holding his hand. :lol

DMC
05-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Y'all fishing like us. Defending chumps. 1st round TKO. Loss to the Clipps of all teams. Their best player blew a tire and it still didn't matter. Clipps ended the Duncan era. The Clipps! :lol

But we're still viable. You're not. The Duncan era has ended now like 7 times, the same number of times you've abandoned your takes here and moved the goalposts.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:23 PM
Brad Daugherty? :lmao

Duncan's antiquated era equivalent would be healthy Walton

Daughtery was no slouch. He just played in the Jordan era.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:25 PM
But we're still viable. You're not. The Duncan era has ended now like 7 times, the same number of times you've abandoned your takes here and moved the goalposts.Viable? Even the Craptors made the playoffs. They shared your same fate. What's your point?

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Bird's back went out in 1983 son.

LOL it being Jordan's fault that Bird, McHale, Parish, Walton, Johnson, Ainge, etc stomped Jordan, Orlando Woolridge, and Dave Corzine.

Whatever. KAJ beat Bird twice. Bird beat MJ at least twice. '86 Celtics would curbstomp the 2014 Spurs. Conclusion: KAJ >>>>> Jim

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 08:30 PM
But we're still viable. You're not. The Duncan era has ended now like 7 times, the same number of times you've abandoned your takes here and moved the goalposts.

Jaime ain't winning any of this shit :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 08:31 PM
Stop him from what exactly? Are you talking about 1970 Kareem or 1989 Kareem? 20 years in the league. People stopped Shaq, so they could also stop Kareem. He got stopped even back then by people far less talented than those today. Ten years between titles, that a lot of stopping.

He retired in '89, so the '88 KAJ. Either way he would dominate the Clipps.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 08:49 PM

He couldn't even dominate Dave Cowens when he was at his PEAK. Cowens outplayed him in the 74 Finals.

Blake and DeMonkey would run circles around his lanky, slow ass.

DMC
05-03-2015, 09:52 PM

You're dedicated to stupidity, I'll give you that.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 09:52 PM
He couldn't even dominate Dave Cowens when he was at his PEAK. Cowens outplayed him in the 74 Finals.

Boxscore pimping? Doubt You were even born in '74. :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:02 PM
You're dedicated to stupidity, I'll give you that.I'm dedicated to repeat champions. Unlike the Spurs, they impress me. Even Sam Cassell repeated as champion and Duncan't did not. :lol

DMC
05-03-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm dedicated to repeat champions. Unlike the Spurs, they impress me. Even Sam Cassell repeated as champion and Duncan't did not. :lol

Thanks to us though Chauncey didn't.

Strange Love
05-03-2015, 10:07 PM
Even Sam Cassell repeated as champion :lol

And that right there should tell you what kind of little value that shit has.

That nigga Juwan Howard is a "back to back" champion riding the Miami bench, too.

Thanks for making that point even easier Javier.

da_suns_fan
05-03-2015, 10:15 PM

And Duncan was outplayed by Dirk, Amare, Gasol, and now Blake Griffin.

He lost to all of them in playoff series.

:lol "Greatest PF of all time"

Clipper Nation
05-03-2015, 10:17 PM
That's seven more games of playoff money than the Lakers got, Alando. Not good, considering Fredo lives entirely off the Lakers' revenues :lol

Fredo and Jeannie are going to be eating cat food for dinner in a doublewide by the end of that cap-killing Kirby contract :lol

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 10:30 PM

Never happened. Post the head-to-head. Thanks.

I'll concede Blake, though, even though Duncan was matched up with DeAndre.

dg7md
05-03-2015, 10:33 PM
You don't have to repeat titles to be a great championship team. Look at the San Francisco Giants, they're one of the greatest franchises in all of sports and pull a Spurs every following championship year. Winning consistently is all that matters. Who wouldn't want to have 10 years of contendership over 2 years of being a back-to-back champion? It seems stupid and arbitrary.

Repeating is of course impressive, but it's not the only metric to count as success, that's fool's gold all of the way.

dg7md
05-03-2015, 10:33 PM

:lol Phoenix Suns
:lol Never going to ring
:lol Never going to have 5 championships

Clipper Nation
05-03-2015, 10:36 PM

He also beat all of those players, has more rings than all of them combined and won those rings as the alpha. What's your point?

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Thanks to us though Chauncey didn't.Chauncey and Duncan't have something in common. :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:42 PM
That's seven more games of playoff money than the Lakers got, Alando. Not good, considering Fredo lives entirely off the Lakers' revenues :lol

Fredo and Jeannie are going to be eating cat food for dinner in a doublewide by the end of that cap-killing Kirby contract :lol

At $0.99/courtside seat, that amounts to about $20,000 in 7 games worth of playoff money. :rollin

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Chauncey and Duncan't have something in common. :lol

And Kirbs is 0-1 against prime Chauncey :lmao

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:44 PM

Floyd Pacquiao
:lmao

LkrFan

Kobe 4, Duncan 1. Riddle me that. ;)

DMC
Yep, they both sent Kobe packing.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Yep, they both sent Kobe packing.:lol

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 10:47 PM
Kobe 4, Duncan 1. Riddle me that. ;)

What's that? Amount of times leading his teams to the lottery?

Kobe's only done it 3 times, while Duncan had to never experience that kind of shittiness.

Next year, Kobe will be at 4, though. Congrats :toast

DMC
05-03-2015, 10:47 PM

Charles Barkley, your best player ever, called Tim the greatest PF ever. :lol
Steve Nash, the hero of your ringless team, called Pop the best coach in the league :lol

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:49 PM
What's that? Amount of times leading his teams to the lottery?

Kobe's only done it 3 times, while Duncan had to never experience that kind of shittiness.

Next year, Kobe will be at 4, though. Congrats :toast

Nope. H2H in the playoffs with both players playing. Stangs don't it? :toast

Clipper Nation
05-03-2015, 10:50 PM
This... both are better players, leaders, human beings and playoff performers than Kirby.

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 10:53 PM

That's not the count, though.

:lol 1-2 vs. Nash, a ringless loser. And Dirk also popped his cherry against Kobe. Same with KG and Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

Man, Kobe gives up the ass. Probably learned it from Magic.

LkrFan
This... both are better players, leaders, human beings and playoff performers than Kirby.

Jim Eleanor Duncan't repeat as champion. :lol.

DMC

No more than it stangs you that you gave Boston like 10 rings.

It's years and years ago. We've won a ring since you have, I bet it stung like a bitch last June eh?

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:54 PM

:lol 1-2 vs. Nash, a ringless loser. And Dirk also popped his cherry against Kobe. Same with KG and Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.

2010 is erased from yo memory huh? :lol

DMC
05-03-2015, 10:54 PM
You're like Lefty with a Laker's logo.

Clipper Nation
05-03-2015, 10:55 PM
Timmy championed up five times as the alpha. Kirby couldn't even one-peat that shiiiiiiiiit.

LkrFan
No more than it stangs you that you gave Boston like 10 rings.

It's years and years ago. We've won a ring since you have, I bet it stung like a bitch last June eh?

Nope. Bump the threads. I didn't want LeHype to win. Had to concede Duncan.

DMC

And Rajon Rondo... Kobe made Rondo a champion. Kobe lost to Doc in the Finals, we only lost in the 1st round and not by 40.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:56 PM
Timmy championed up five times as the alpha. Kirby couldn't even one-peat that shiiiiiiiiit.

In 2007 too?

midnightpulp
05-03-2015, 10:56 PM
2010 is erased from yo memory huh? :lol

No. That was his only win against Nash. He beat a shitty version of the Run and Gun Suns and Nash was already like 40.

But when they matched up in their primes, Nash spanked that ass. It usually took us to keep Nash ringless. Never send a boy (Kobe) to do a man's (Duncan) job.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:57 PM
And Rajon Rondo... Kobe made Rondo a champion. Kobe lost to Doc in the Finals, we only lost in the 1st round and not by 40.A defending champion tapping out in the first round. Think about that.

DMC
Nope. Bump the threads. I didn't want LeHype to win. Had to concede Duncan.

Why did Kobe step up and stop the Heat? His toes hurt?

midnightpulp
In 2007 too?

Yep. By far the best overall stats in the playoffs for the Spurs.

DMC
A defending champion tapping out in the first round. Think about that.

40 year old defending champion with no all stars.. think about that while your boy is soaking up his next 25m on the beaches of South America.

LkrFan
05-03-2015, 10:58 PM
No. That was his only win against Nash. He beat a shitty version of the Run and Gun Suns and Nash was already like 40.

But when they matched up in their primes, Nash spanked that ass. It usually took us to keep Nash ringless. Never send a boy (Kobe) to do a man's (Duncan) job.

:lol - on that note I'm out for the night.

Clipper Nation
In 2007 too?
Five alpha rangsPERIOD. The fat French blob got carried on Duncan's back through the playoffs per par, only to get a participation ribbon for statpadding for four games against Boobie Gibson. That's why the Finals MVP should be replaced by a Playoffs MVP (like the Conn Smythe in hockey).

midnightpulp
A defending champion tapping out in the first round. Think about that.

A 5 time champion leading his team to 3 lottery appearances, one of which was back-to-back.

Think about that.

Jacob1983
05-04-2015, 10:47 AM
They technically repeated as silver ball champions from 2013 to 2014.

DMC
05-04-2015, 11:16 AM
A 5 time champion leading his team to 3 lottery appearances, one of which was back-to-back.

Think about that.
There would have to be 2 in order to have a back to back, lol

ambchang
05-04-2015, 12:34 PM
It's almost comical how Lakers fans, out of all people, is trying to trump up the importance of repeats, in an attempt to reduce the legacy of Duncan.

Let's break this down logically, there are really two types of teams that win championships:

1) A team built around a player so dominant that any injuries or major slumps to key pieces around him is inconsequential to winning a championship. So far, we have Hakeem in 94, Duncan in 03, and that's pretty much it. Jordan had Pippen for all six of his championships, Shaq and MVPau had Kobe, Magic and Kareem had each other, Bird had the big 3, Garnett and Pierce had each other plus Allen, Lebron had Wade, Wade had Shaq.

2) A team that is so balanced, that reduced outputs from any key players is inconsequential. Teams such as 04 Pistons, 14 Spurs, 11 Mavs (though you can argue with Dirk, they belong to the first group), late 80s Pistons.

Now look at those criteria. 94 Hakeem repeated, but only after they got Drexler in a trade. 04 Spurs didn't repeat, because the Lakers smartly closed the lane on Parker and figured they can play 4 or 5 on 1 on Duncan.

The teams that repeated are teams that had so much talent when compared to their competition, that they can go through bad series from their alpha or beta (96 Jordan vs. Sonics, Shaq getting shut down by the twin towers in 01 or 02, 40% shooting from Kobe in any one of the playoff series he played in, Lebron's balls shrinking, Dirk being guarded heavily vs. the Heat) that the rest of the group can step up and dominate, because they have enough replaceable parts to weather injuries and slumps.

So using the repeat argue to diminish the legacy of Duncan makes no sense, as, if anything, the lack of a repeat actually speaks to how Duncan, with all his brilliance, led very beatable TEAMS to five titles (or four, depending how you look at 14), single-handedly willing his teams to title after title, whereas players who repeated multiple times (Kobe is the only one here, as Jordan threepeated twice but with the core intact for both teams) actually get to coattail-ride dominant teams to these titles.

da_suns_fan
05-04-2015, 01:26 PM
It's almost comical how Lakers fans, out of all people, is trying to trump up the importance of repeats, in an attempt to reduce the legacy of Duncan.

Let's break this down logically, there are really two types of teams that win championships:

1) A team built around a player so dominant that any injuries or major slumps to key pieces around him is inconsequential to winning a championship. So far, we have Hakeem in 94, Duncan in 03, and that's pretty much it. Jordan had Pippen for all six of his championships, Shaq and MVPau had Kobe, Magic and Kareem had each other, Bird had the big 3, Garnett and Pierce had each other plus Allen, Lebron had Wade, Wade had Shaq.

2) A team that is so balanced, that reduced outputs from any key players is inconsequential. Teams such as 04 Pistons, 14 Spurs, 11 Mavs (though you can argue with Dirk, they belong to the first group), late 80s Pistons.

Now look at those criteria. 94 Hakeem repeated, but only after they got Drexler in a trade. 04 Spurs didn't repeat, because the Lakers smartly closed the lane on Parker and figured they can play 4 or 5 on 1 on Duncan.

The teams that repeated are teams that had so much talent when compared to their competition, that they can go through bad series from their alpha or beta (96 Jordan vs. Sonics, Shaq getting shut down by the twin towers in 01 or 02, 40% shooting from Kobe in any one of the playoff series he played in, Lebron's balls shrinking, Dirk being guarded heavily vs. the Heat) that the rest of the group can step up and dominate, because they have enough replaceable parts to weather injuries and slumps.

So using the repeat argue to diminish the legacy of Duncan makes no sense, as, if anything, the lack of a repeat actually speaks to how Duncan, with all his brilliance, led very beatable TEAMS to five titles (or four, depending how you look at 14), single-handedly willing his teams to title after title, whereas players who repeated multiple times (Kobe is the only one here, as Jordan threepeated twice but with the core intact for both teams) actually get to coattail-ride dominant teams to these titles.

These are weak EXCUSES.

Your team was completely healthy with the exact same lineup four of the five times and they lost.

They didnt repeat because they werent that great (like the real dynasties). Deal with it.

ambchang
05-04-2015, 01:45 PM
These are weak EXCUSES.

Your team was completely healthy with the exact same lineup four of the five times and they lost.

They didnt repeat because they werent that great (like the real dynasties). Deal with it.

Yeah, the Spurs really aren't that great in each and every one of the championships, except maybe the 99 championships, but then Duncan was hurt in 00, and the league changed the rules to let the Lakers win.

I mean, how many teams can say that their second best player was the caliber of Ginobili? Parker winning FMVP? Stephen Jackson? The 14 Spurs were so weak no one made the All-Star team or All-NBA deservingly (Parker didn't really deserve it last year, but deserved it in 13). These great teams have second bananas like McHale, Dr. J, Magic, Kareem, Kobe, Pippen, Garnett/Pierce (and third and fourth bananas in Allen and Rondo), Wade. Each and every single one of them a top 15 to 30 all time talent. You ever heard for anybody put Manu as a top 30 talent?

The point though, was how Duncan is in the middle of these flawed, non-great teams to FIVE titles, all by himself.

Whether it's a dynasty or not is pure semantics, but it is becoming awfully clear that Duncan not only build title teams, but he is the one and only element that is consistent across five titles.

Infinite_limit
05-04-2015, 02:24 PM

There is alot of truth to this. Many other Champions you feel would win regardless of opponents. The Spurs seem right place right time

Mikeanaro
05-04-2015, 02:42 PM
These are weak EXCUSES.

Lol, I searched for the term dynasty but it doesnt say a thing about repeating in the whole web or even my dictionary.
You as a small market team fan should know that most times only big market teams repeat, lakers 02 was real?
Why? because thats what people wants to see and the league will do everything they can to sell their stars.
Spurs-Cavs finals was an all time low in ratings, nobody wants to see the Spurs winning do you think the league is retarded?
That stupid traveling 3 by Allen during game 6? The stupid foul at the last second on Ginobili where he was assaulted by Allen in game 7... refs said Manu was doing I dont know what and they gave Allen 2 free throws, game 6 was at home we didnt get the benefit even when he was traveling, game 7 was homecooking, nobody wants small market teams.
Dont be so rigid when your team hasnt won shit buddy boy.