PDA

View Full Version : now that Manu has retired. who do we get at playmaking SG?

hater
05-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Rookie? Beno type player? George Hill back? THOUGHTS?

spursparker9
05-03-2015, 08:26 AM
Bobo jr, Kyle Anderson

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 08:31 AM
I wish Parker can go to the 2nd unit. Let patty start. Easier to play 2nd unit guys and maybe better to have an experienced guy "replace" the manu role

cd98
05-03-2015, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately, guys like that don't grow on trees. Probably no one out there that can replace him.

hater
05-03-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm all for trading the corpse of Parker btw. Maybe we can get a legit PG?

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 08:46 AM
This free agency group is ass. Mills would have to play SG, but there's a couple guys... Monta Ellis, Stuckey, Mo Williams, Jeremy Rin, Udrih?

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 08:49 AM
No one would be stupid enough to trade for Parker.

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 08:51 AM
KJ McDaniels?

Chomag
05-03-2015, 10:05 AM
Just wish Kyle Anderson wasnt slow as molasses...dude has some great bball skills and high IQ but that footspeed man....
Hopefully he can figure out a way to get much faster this off season .

houston spurs fan
05-03-2015, 10:08 AM
He's not retiring

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-03-2015, 10:13 AM
too soon man :(

EIC
05-03-2015, 10:15 AM
This free agency group is ass. Mills would have to play SG, but there's a couple guys... Monta Ellis, Stuckey, Mo Williams, Jeremy Rin, Udrih?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

cjw
05-03-2015, 10:19 AM

I'll take me a Dragic if the other good options fall through. Doubt he leaves Miami though.

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 10:25 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/000/681/what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

You rikey flied lice?

Capster
05-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Ginobili retiring? where do you get your info? I have not seen his retirement officially announced.:bang

TheGoldStandard
05-03-2015, 10:30 AM
Afflalo should be on the short list even with his injury. McDaniels

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 11:05 AM
:lol

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 11:07 AM
I'll take me a Dragic if the other good options fall through. Doubt he leaves Miami though.
No way he leaves Miami unless he's guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup, and we know Pop won't do that.. Would be nice though, him in the starting lineup and Parker a 6th man :wow

kuato
05-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Campazzo!

kaji157
05-03-2015, 11:18 AM
No way he leaves Miami unless he's guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup, and we know Pop won't do that.. Would be nice though, him in the starting lineup and Parker a 6th man :wow

Very difficult to find a guy who can involve 4 other guys while playing around 20 mins a game. Parker cannot do that, he may score for the second unit, but he is not able to establish the kind of flow Manu established.

EIC
05-03-2015, 11:20 AM
In all seriousness, Jeremy Lin would be a smart addition to the team on many levels. Most significantly, Asia is currently a very under-represented region on the Spurs roster. You have Australia, South America, Europe, and North America, but no Asian players. Add Lin to that roster and we are legitimately the UN of basketball.

Kool Bob Love
05-03-2015, 11:21 AM
Gonna need the Spurs to max out manu. Wasted money if they give it all to matrix.

RD2191
05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Gonna need the Spurs to max out manu. Wasted money if they give it all to matrix.
:cat

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Very difficult to find a guy who can involve 4 other guys while playing around 20 mins a game. Parker cannot do that, he may score for the second unit, but he is not able to establish the kind of flow Manu established.
He'd have chemistry with Diaw and would feed him in the post, probably a little more than Manu did. The Mills and Belinelli's would struggle though unless Parker turns into a 6th man you need to double. It would make the team better overall though if Duncan stays, IMO

TheGreatYacht
05-03-2015, 11:28 AM
He has Jeff Ayres' agent... Rest in piss Peter Holt's wallet, b

kaji157
05-03-2015, 11:32 AM
All right about the Asia side of the deal, but basketball wise, this could be horrible considering he is a worst turnover machine than 38 y/o Manu.

SpurPadre
05-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Let's dig Andres Nocioni from his grave if Manu retires. We need another Argentine, tbh.

hater
05-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait wait

Is Evita seriously considering coming back next year????????¿

What the fuck/??????/??'

GTFO MANU

Raven
05-03-2015, 01:12 PM
In all seriousness, Jeremy Lin would be a smart addition to the team on many levels. Most significantly, Asia is currently a very under-represented region on the Spurs roster. You have Australia, South America, Europe, and North America, but no Asian players. Add Lin to that roster and we are legitimately the UN of basketball.

lol fuck yourself

cjw
05-03-2015, 01:14 PM

I know. Nobody would better fill that Manu void besides Dragic. Now that it's a long offseason, time to start digging on team-by-team payrolls to see likely FA outcomes.

Unfortunately, the draft thins out substantially after the top 5-6 guys, so attaching Splitter with the 26th pick wouldn't move the Spurs up enough if there is a guy they really wanted. Only way I trade Splitter is if I KNOW Aldridge is joining. Gasol I've written off at this point.

Lin doesn't help with that "UN" status as (1) he's American and played HS/college ball here and (2) Taiwan isn't recognized by the UN (not that I agree with that, just a fact). I heard that Haddadi guy needs a team too. Add Casspi too and we might solve the Israel/Iran issue.

hater
05-03-2015, 01:15 PM

:lmao

EIC
05-03-2015, 01:43 PM
lol fuck yourself

Why the hate?

You don't see the hilarity that would ensue if we rolled out a lineup comprised of Lin, Mills, Bellini, Diaw, and Splitter?

Raven
05-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Why the hate?

You don't see the hilarity that would ensue if we rolled out a lineup comprised of Lin, Mills, Bellini, Diaw, and Splitter?

because i'm mean.

Diego20
05-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Manu said he will take 2 or 3 months to think about he's retired or not..

Raven
05-03-2015, 01:50 PM
ebony i guess

BatManu20
05-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Parker is not going anywhere. We've already established this. His contract is untradeable, and PATFO are loyal to a fault anyways. It comes with the whole "family" culture the Spurs have built over the years.

It all hinges on Danny and Tim. If one or both don't return, it won't really matter what the Spurs do. They won't be legitimate contenders. If Timmy leaves, then we'll be left fighting for the 5-8 seeds in the West, aka NBA purgatory, worst spot you can be in.

hater
05-03-2015, 01:56 PM
Parker is not going anywhere. We've already established this. His contract is untradeable, and PATFO are loyal to a fault anyways. It comes with the whole "family" culture the Spurs have built over the years.

It all hinges on Danny and Tim. If one or both don't return, it won't really matter what the Spurs do. They won't be legitimate contenders. If Timmy leaves, then we'll be left fighting for the 5-8 seeds in the West, aka NBA purgatory, worst spot you can be in.

we get aldridge or gasol and we immediately contenders again. we just need to put in the effort to get that #1 banana imo

Manu needs to retire. I agree we are stuck with Porker so we need a SG stud that can create playes IMO

itsamanuthree
05-03-2015, 01:57 PM
Wait wait wait wait wait wait

Is Evita seriously considering coming back next year????????¿

What the fuck/??????/??'

GTFO MANU

Lol, you had it all planned, play the "thanks fare well manu", and then, WAIT WAIT, haha, saw this coming a mile away, nice try though :bobo

Skull-1
05-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Ching Dong Chao Spurs jersey night will be huge.

wildbill2u
05-03-2015, 03:09 PM
Unfortunately, guys like that don't grow on trees. Probably no one out there that can replace him.

There is no one in the league that is available right now that has the unique ability of shooting, passing and a BB IQ for playmaking that Manu had.

The list is very short--Curry, Irving, Wall---and teams that have those kinds of players almost never trade them voluntarily. Finding another Manu in the draft, considering where we pick every year, is like trying to catch lightning in a bucket.

Holden_Caulfield
05-03-2015, 03:29 PM
lin would be a good back up and he runs the pnr decently. plus he gets the ocassional manuesque turnovers :lol

FkLA
05-03-2015, 03:37 PM
I brought up Linsanity months ago too. He does bring some playmaking to the table and plays the right way, if we can get him for cheap I agree that he would be a decent back-up. Replace Manu, Belli and CoJo with Afflalo and Linsanity imo.

PingPong
05-03-2015, 03:37 PM

Well, he can replace Co-Jo as the third string guard....

milkyway21
05-03-2015, 03:44 PM
He is? When?

Ditty
05-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Manu will be back for one more season from what I've heard, and I rather have him than Jeremy Fucking Lin :lmao

We do need to find a shot creator or something that can create his own shot.

Think Spurs are going shooting guard in the draft.

therealtruth
05-03-2015, 06:59 PM
We need more athleticism.

hater
05-04-2015, 09:43 AM
any news from the Manu camp fellas?

waiting on this news, got the confetti ready :lol

Russ
05-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Manu needs to come back. He should not just disappear unannounced on a whim.

He should state that next year will be his last year then let it play out in an orderly fashion.

He deserves no less and his fans deserve no less.

kobyz
05-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Im ok with Manu coming back as the fourth wing, find someone in free agency to replace him as the third wing...

buttsR4rebounding
05-04-2015, 10:26 AM
I think Manu comes back. Aren't him, Tim and Tony like 4 shorts win of the all-time record for a trio?

cantthinkofanything
05-04-2015, 10:29 AM

I heard from someone who knows someone on the inside.

jeebus
05-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Bobo jr, Kyle Anderson
There's only 24 seconds in the NBA shot clock. Fat Head takes 20 seconds to make it down the court and get into position.

$pursDynasty
05-04-2015, 10:35 AM
IF Manu were to retire and the Spurs were to strike out on landing LmA, I find the idea of bringing in a Monte Ellis to run PG and have MVParker assume the Gino 6th man position intriguing. I don't know if Ellis is selfless enough to lead a Spurs ball movement type offense but he can darn sure penetrate like Parker can. Added bonus in the Manu role maybe Tony can save it up (ala Robert Horry) for the playoffs since that would mean fewer minutes in the RS.

cantthinkofanything
05-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Added bonus in the Manu role maybe Tony can save it up (ala Robert Horry) for the playoffs since that would mean fewer minutes in the RS.

Except that Tony can't shoot or pass or dribble much.

But I do like the idea if the real goal is to just get Tony on the bench.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-04-2015, 10:44 AM
Manu needs to come back. He should not just disappear unannounced on a whim.

He should state that next year will be his last year then let it play out in an orderly fashion.

He deserves no less and his fans deserve no less.

Exactly my thoughts.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-04-2015, 10:45 AM

Fuck you. Your shit is getting old.

Yuixafun
05-04-2015, 10:46 AM
John Wall as our starting PG and Mike Conley Jr. Off the bench to be the playmaking dsitributor

testies
05-04-2015, 10:57 AM
what the fuck happened to all the creative euro players? at one point they had bodiroga, ginobili, diamantidis in their primes at once, today they have : ......

cantthinkofanything
05-04-2015, 11:09 AM
what the fuck happened to all the creative euro players? at one point they had bodiroga, ginobili, diamantidis in their primes at once, today they have : ......

Dragic

DMC
05-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Just wish Kyle Anderson wasnt slow as molasses...dude has some great bball skills and high IQ but that footspeed man....
Hopefully he can figure out a way to get much faster this off season .
People don't typically get faster as they get older.

TMTTRIO
05-04-2015, 11:24 AM
I wish Manu was interested in coaching. I think he would be great keeping around as a coach. I noticed the games I went to this year he was very vocal about pulling the young players out during timeouts and giving them advice. I also noticed he would sit and give the team a talk before Pop came back during TOs. Who can forget this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WzGY9aAdgmQ

gameFACE
05-04-2015, 11:47 AM
I wish Manu was interested in coaching. I think he would be great keeping around as a coach. I noticed the games I went to this year he was very vocal about pulling the young players out during timeouts and giving them advice. I also noticed he would sit and give the team a talk before Pop came back during TOs. Who can forget this.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WzGY9aAdgmQ

Maybe a player-coach.

On the video - It was a game winner against the clippers :lol

Spurs9
05-04-2015, 11:57 AM

Anxiously waiting on tspense to break the news tbh

hater
05-05-2015, 10:14 AM
you think Manu is purposely hijacking the team by delaying his decision because of what Spurs did to him last summer? (cockblocked him from Argentina?)??

would be despicable if true IMO

Mr Bones
05-05-2015, 11:35 AM
I hope Mills and Kawhi spend the entire summer working on their handles, and the same for Cojo and Green if they come back. A collective improvement in ball handling is the first step, along with the draft. I just don't see any free agents that would be worth the money... Consider this: If Cojo had stayed in college for 4 years, last year would've been his rookie season. I say invest in him, and hope he grows in the same way that George Hill did...

Mr Bones
05-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Btw, watching the Clippers beat the Rockets minus their starting PG really made me happy-- seeing how many times Blake Griffin brought the ball up court... Kawhi could do that, like Pippen did...

pad300
05-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Btw, watching the Clippers beat the Rockets minus their starting PG really made me happy-- seeing how many times Blake Griffin brought the ball up court... Kawhi could do that, like Pippen did...

Really, that made me sad. That could have been us smashing Rocket face...

cd021
05-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Really, that made me sad. That could have been us smashing Rocket face...

this