PDA

View Full Version : KL is worse than Splitter

tholdren
05-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Dude blew last night. anyone thinks he needs max money should go away. Patty was clutch and tim was clutch when needed. KL shat the bed - per usual. Dude sucks

cjw
05-03-2015, 10:34 AM
Well if you don't pay him the max, he's gone. So you'll be playing draft roulette a few years from now praying you strike gold. Is that what you want? It's max or team won't sniff playoffs for another 5 years.

The_Worlds_finest
05-03-2015, 10:44 AM
cool thread bro

Ice009
05-03-2015, 10:58 AM
I've always said/thought that Tim Duncan is one the greatest clutch big men of all time. That's what separates him from other great big men to me. He may not be as clutch as some of the greatest guards, but against bigs, I think he was above most, if not all of them. Malone sucked in crunch time, Shaq was average, KG was mediocre, Webber - well let's just forget about it. Dirk, I won't count as a big man as he is more of a shooting SF IMO.

Most big men stink in the clutch. Can anyone name any other C/PFs that were great in the clutch?

tholdren
05-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Well if you don't pay him the max, he's gone. So you'll be playing draft roulette a few years from now praying you strike gold. Is that what you want? It's max or team won't sniff playoffs for another 5 years.
I guess the decision to be a borderline 8 seed every year or lottery. KL has no idea how to take over a game. He choked, again. It's not that I dislike KL. But having him as a 1, is maddening because he doesnt even sniff 1999 Drob's jock

Stabula
05-03-2015, 07:03 PM
KL doesn't suck. Far from it, in fact. I won't argue that he wilted when it mattered the last three games of the series and neither will I argue that he's not a reliable #1 offensive option but he's the anchor of the defense and is perfect as a #2 offensive option.

TXstbobcat
05-03-2015, 07:14 PM
If the Spurs don't pay Leonard he will leave and the Spurs will spend the next decade regretting the decision not to pay him.

mkurts
05-03-2015, 07:25 PM
Leonard will never be the leader, he will be a great sidekick for a superstar.

cjw
05-03-2015, 09:28 PM
I guess the decision to be a borderline 8 seed every year or lottery. KL has no idea how to take over a game. He choked, again. It's not that I dislike KL. But having him as a 1, is maddening because he doesnt even sniff 1999 Drob's jock

He's 23 - two years younger than Harden and three years younger than Curry. He's even a year younger than Lillard. His time will come.

He might not be a #1 offensive option, but Spurs won last year without one.

da_suns_fan
05-03-2015, 09:30 PM
The suns will take him if you dont want him. You can have literally anyone on our roster.

DarrinS
05-03-2015, 09:32 PM
The suns will take him if you dont want him. You can have literally anyone on our roster.

:lol

BatManu20
05-03-2015, 09:36 PM

:lol

BatManu20
05-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Kawhi is getting the max, and you should be grateful. If we didn't, a lot of teams would. And if he were to leave via FA, and Timmy and Manu retired, we'd plummet to the depths of the Western Conference and be scratching the lottery stickers for the next few years.

LakerHater
05-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Hes only 23!
We'll havta pay what the market commands, jus like we did Tiago!

Leetonidas
05-03-2015, 10:05 PM
I'll overlook him not playing well in two games of the first round because of him dominating and going toe to toe with the best player in the game in the 2014 Finals tbh. He's only 23, dude's nowhere even close to his ceiling imo

Sean Cagney
05-03-2015, 10:06 PM
I've always said/thought that Tim Duncan is one the greatest clutch big men of all time. That's what separates him from other great big men to me. He may not be as clutch as some of the greatest guards, but against bigs, I think he was above most, if not all of them. Malone sucked in crunch time, Shaq was average, KG was mediocre, Webber - well let's just forget about it. Dirk, I won't count as a big man as he is more of a shooting SF IMO.

Most big men stink in the clutch. Can anyone name any other C/PFs that were great in the clutch?
Duncan is extremely clutch, he has hit numerous big buckets late and game winners in his career and I agree that is rare for a big man. He also hit his FT's late last night to tie the game when it counted while our guards usually miss one. I was thinking of this the other week Ice and said dude is clutch which is rare for a big.

wildchild
05-03-2015, 10:28 PM
KL has no idea how to take over a game.

Obviously he has no idea how..

19 points at halftime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH-gT9mxT5o

15 straight points in the 4th quarter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-dApbE86FY

Picking Curry's pockets...7 steals 26 points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz2uECAIvQQ

wildchild
05-03-2015, 10:29 PM

Neither in playoffs games. At least not in game 3 of any series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFCBPbGpgZg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A3mMtXNusM

wildchild
05-03-2015, 10:32 PM

Like most people said about CP3, right? Just look Paul now.

Paul's 30 years old and Kawhi's 23 and you think he has reached his ceiling for two bad games in playoffs...

DMC
05-03-2015, 10:35 PM
That's the only way you'll ever get a ring to your city tbh.

DMC
05-03-2015, 10:37 PM
KL will be fine. Once one of the big 3 are gone, he's naturally going to feel it's his spot now. If you've ever stepped into a role where there are established leaders already and have been asked to contribute in a leadership position right away, you know that it's a feeling out process. He's basically a kid, give him some time. You have no idea what he can be, but I don't see him being any of it before he's the established go to man and doesn't have to carry all the defensive load.

cd98
05-03-2015, 11:07 PM
All young all-star-level players hit bumps in the road in the playoffs. Kawhi is a great talent, but he is still learning to win in the post season. Yes, you might point to the playoff success he had last year. But even though he played great, there was a lot of contributors; it wasn't all on him. He tasted success early, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot of growing to do as a player. That said, he has the tools and talent to be a great playoff performer and a top 10-15 player in this league. You max him. There are no guarantees that any player will ever fulfill their max contract. You take that chance based on what you hope/believe a player will become and hope there are no injuries that derail it.

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 11:14 PM
Killswhi is a deception, a total disappointment, he is the pain in the stomach before a big session in the toilette but Tiago is the worst ever, 7 foot crippled vaginal soulless bum dick eater evil eyebrows piece of shit.

sananspursfan21
05-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Killswhi is a deception, a total disappointment, he is the pain in the stomach before a big session in the toilette but Tiago is the worst ever, 7 foot crippled vaginal soulless bum dick eater evil eyebrows piece of shit.
https://data.archive.moe/board/co/image/1344/14/1344145699366.png
"Now that just tears it!"

james evans
05-04-2015, 05:19 AM
Leonard will continue to play like shit in teh playoffs as long as Parker is on our roster. If he's smart, he'd leave or continue to be parker's Jason Caffey in the 2nd half of games.

PingPong
05-04-2015, 09:12 AM
Obviously he has no idea how..

19 points at halftime

15 straight points in the 4th quarter

Picking Curry's pockets...7 steals 26 points.

Well, several no-name scrubs do it against the Spurs often...

The fact is: he can carry a team under pressure. It's easy to have a streak when you are the role player. Another thing is taking over when you are the protagonist, the first option of the team.

Spur|n|Austin
05-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Not paying Kawhi the max this summer would be a big mistake.