PDA

View Full Version : Can Lamarcus Aldridge join the Lakers instead of San Antonio

Lakers999
05-03-2015, 03:00 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/could-lamarcus-aldridge-become-a-laker-050115

this writer seems to think so

Russ
05-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Why wouldn't he be able to?

TXstbobcat
05-03-2015, 03:43 PM
He is an unrestricted free agent so he goes where he gets an offer he likes.

Darius Bieber
05-03-2015, 03:50 PM
Probably will.

hater
05-03-2015, 06:26 PM
Sure. Insert any of the 32 teams as well.

Malik Hairston
05-03-2015, 06:27 PM
Lakers would be pretty stupid to sign him, tbh..

SpurSwag
05-03-2015, 06:43 PM
I've really been thinking about it, and I'd much rather have this year's team again + 1 or 2 small signings than losing a couple of guys and getting LMA. i just don't have much confidence in him as our lead guy, and of anyone on our team that's a free agent, the only players I'd be ok to losing in pursuit of LMA would be Manu or Tim and that's only if they are set on retirement. I would much rather have Danny, Boris, and Tiago than Lamarcus personally.

dbreiden83080
05-03-2015, 06:51 PM
Coming to the Spurs with Kahwi here to build with is a smart move.. But the small market thing is always an issue..

Chomag
05-03-2015, 07:24 PM
If they can trick him in saying that Kobe has retired then maybe?

Stand
05-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Big market or not he is already 29 and so I'm not sure I can envision him wanting to spend another two or three seasons just waiting for a Laker team to get back on it's feet.

TXstbobcat
05-03-2015, 07:52 PM
It will come down to either San Antonio or Dallas.

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 07:54 PM
He can sign a 1 yr deal and wait for the tv deal to kick in then bam

BatManu20
05-03-2015, 08:06 PM
One of the dumbest/poorly constructed articles I've read in a while. Aldridge may very well wind up in LA (although I seriously doubt it), but that article was nothing more than an intern-level piece of writing from a wishful Lakers fan.

Lakers999
05-05-2015, 01:49 PM
One of the dumbest/poorly constructed articles I've read in a while. Aldridge may very well wind up in LA (although I seriously doubt it), but that article was nothing more than an intern-level piece of writing from a wishful Lakers fan.

you are wishing for the same thing so you shouldn't talk

cd98
05-05-2015, 02:19 PM
I doubt LMA goes to LA. They suck and will continue to suck for the next four years. Why go to a non-playoff team? Yes, they will get a lot of lottery picks, but those guys take several years to develop. Kobe keeps getting injured and nobody wants to play with him anyway. If they signed LMA, they wouldn't have any more money to improve a team with a lot of holes. Why would he give up playing for a playoff team in Portland to join a lottery bound team in LA? I can tell you he won't be enough to turn that team around. For the same reason, I can't see him going to Dallas. They just don't have a title contending team there. S.A., I could see him do that. I just don't know that he is the best use of max dollars for the Spurs.

DMC
05-05-2015, 02:24 PM
OP seems like a language barrier thing. The question is "will he" not "can he". Of course he can.

I don't ever see anyone like LMA coming to SA while he's still younger than 35. I see him going to LA though. This is why it's so amazing that SA has 5 rings but not amazing that most of them were with the same group. You couldn't get the talent to rebuild in SA like you could elsewhere, and there are only so many Manu Ginobili like late round picks that you can luck up on, probably like 1.

King
05-05-2015, 02:49 PM
Great, join forces with an angry former superstar who has missed most of the last two seasons with injuries and will be 37 when the season starts, a rookie unknown who missed all of last season with an injury, and possibly a PG who is the biggest malcontent in the league and doesn't even have his own teammates sticking up for him. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

Lakers999
05-05-2015, 03:47 PM
OP seems like a language barrier thing. The question is "will he" not "can he". Of course he can.

I don't ever see anyone like LMA coming to SA while he's still younger than 35. I see him going to LA though. This is why it's so amazing that SA has 5 rings but not amazing that most of them were with the same group. You couldn't get the talent to rebuild in SA like you could elsewhere, and there are only so many Manu Ginobili like late round picks that you can luck up on, probably like 1.

no its not a language barrier you dickhead I tried to edit the post but it does not give me option of editing the title

Lakers999
05-05-2015, 03:48 PM
Great, join forces with an angry former superstar who has missed most of the last two seasons with injuries and will be 37 when the season starts, a rookie unknown who missed all of last season with an injury, and possibly a PG who is the biggest malcontent in the league and doesn't even have his own teammates sticking up for him. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

this is news to me

Malik Hairston
05-05-2015, 03:51 PM
The Lakers are nowhere near contending, they barely have any NBA-caliber players on the roster..they shouldn't pay a 30-year old Aldridge, it would be stupid for both parties..

They should continue riding the final, cancerous years of Kobe, while selling tickets and keeping the ratings at a respectable number..hopefully for them, he'll accept retirement when his contract is finished..

Lakers999
05-05-2015, 03:55 PM
The Lakers are nowhere near contending, they barely have any NBA-caliber players on the roster..they shouldn't pay a 30-year old Aldridge, it would be stupid for both parties..

there are more free agents than just Aldridge... and how can you not say no where near contending. If any improvements over this roster include Love, 1-5 pick, Rondo, Aldridge, Leonard, or even LeBron than I would say they would be contending

Spur-Addict
05-05-2015, 04:22 PM
He'd pretty much throw away the next 4-5 years of his career if he did that. Should just stay in Portland if you're going to go there. At least you'll have an illusion of being competitive.

BatManu20
05-05-2015, 04:27 PM
:lol typical laker fan thinking they're going to sign every great player in the league

BatManu20
05-05-2015, 04:31 PM
LA's right in the middle of his prime. That will likely last for the next 2-4 seasons before he starts to decline. Because he shoots so many jumpers, it could possibly last a little longer. But regardless, if he were to sign with either the Lakers or Knicks, he's basically throwing away his prime, as above poster mentioned. You could argue the same with Spurs if Timmy and Manu retire in one year, but at least we have a FO that know what they're doing.

Spur|n|Austin
05-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Can he? Sure he can do whatever he wants.

Mr Bones
05-05-2015, 04:43 PM
LMA is probably frustrated playing in Portland, winning a good amount of games, and then going nowhere in the playoffs... Why would he want to go to a rebuilding team with a notoriously difficult Kobe to deal with? He turns 30 this summer... Plus he has said he wants to be closer to his son, who lives in San Antonio.

cd98
05-05-2015, 04:49 PM
there are more free agents than just Aldridge... and how can you not say no where near contending. If any improvements over this roster include Love, 1-5 pick, Rondo, Aldridge, Leonard, or even LeBron than I would say they would be contending

Maybe in the East, but not in the West. Love didn't get Minnesota to the playoffs. Dallas got to the playoffs in spite of Rondo Sucking. I don't know if even Lebron could lift that sorry roster to the 8th seed. Lakers have a bunch of D league players, one lottery pick that was a one and done and got injured like a week into the regular season and will take at least three years to develop if he even turns out, and Kobe, who isn't even guaranteed to play a whole season, and if he does, at 37 with his wear and tear, he won't do much. No chance that team gets a top free agent this year. They are still in rebuild mode.

Godbama
05-05-2015, 04:49 PM
lakersfan.jpg

YOU KNOW, IF THE LAKERS ADDED LAMARCUS, LEBRON, AND KEVIN LOVE, WE WOULD BE CONTENDING. ESPN SAYS IT COULD HAPPEN.

:lol

why not sign Marc Gasol and Jimmy Butler while you're at it too! :rolleyes

cd98
05-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Lakers999 needs to face the reality that the Lakers designed the roster last season to specifically get a high lottery pick. They had to be one of the worst teams in the league to avoid losing that pick. They'll try and land a free agent, but they know that while LA is a great place to live, no superstar wants to go to a team that won't make the playoffs. Players can travel to CA on vacation or live there during the summer.

elemento
05-05-2015, 04:54 PM
lol @ the writer. Dude is 19 y/o :lmao

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/491091762367062017/podUAtaB.jpeg

Godbama
05-05-2015, 04:56 PM
the thing is guys, these multi-millionaires cannot resist living in the great cities of New York and Los Angeles. How else would they experience media mogul status or clubbing cool nightlives. They couldn't just have a house in NYC or LA and fly there when they felt like partying. Who even knows who Kevin Durant is??! Never heard of the man! Now if he played for Los Angeles or NYC he'd be feeling as good as Melo and Kobe right now.....!!!!!

ducks
05-05-2015, 05:04 PM
Why wouldn't he be able to?

he could taxes would eat him up compared to texas and his kids are in dallas

Clipper Nation
05-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Aldridge is an inefficient chucker and a loser... he'd be perfect for the Lakers! Kirby + Rondo + Aldridge = most expensive 9th seed ever :lol

DMC
05-05-2015, 05:11 PM
no its not a language barrier you dickhead I tried to edit the post but it does not give me option of editing the title

:lmao

ducks
05-05-2015, 05:14 PM
Aldridge is an inefficient chucker and a loser... he'd be perfect for the Lakers! Kirby + Rondo + Aldridge = most expensive 9th seed ever :lol

he will shoot better once thumb injury heals

Lakers999
05-05-2015, 05:51 PM
lakersfan.jpg

YOU KNOW, IF THE LAKERS ADDED LAMARCUS, LEBRON, AND KEVIN LOVE, WE WOULD BE CONTENDING. ESPN SAYS IT COULD HAPPEN.

:lol

why not sign Marc Gasol and Jimmy Butler while you're at it too! :rolleyes

all it takes is one of those players. All you need is a superstar and a playmaker to get to the playoffs... we have Clarkson who is turning out to be a nice addition. we add a big name alongside Kobe and decent role players than they will be playoff bound.

Clipper Nation
05-05-2015, 05:55 PM
all it takes is one of those players. All you need is a superstar and a playmaker to get to the playoffs... we have Clarkson who is turning out to be a nice addition. we add a big name alongside Kobe and decent role players than they will be playoff bound.
You need a lot more than one star and Jordan fucking Clarkson to make the playoffs in the West. I have severe doubts that the guy who's been labeled "Big Man Allen Iverson" for the shameless chucking he's done throughout his career is that kind of transcendent star, anyway.

Additionally, :lol at naming Kirby separately from the role players as if he's not a role player himself. Not only that, but he's also one of the most cancerous role players this league has ever seen. For example: how he single-handedly lost the 2004 Finals by freezing out Shaq (much like how Enrique froze out Kawhi this year).

Godbama
05-05-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't think you've been paying attention to the West lately...

PingPong
05-05-2015, 06:47 PM
LaMarcus Aldridge + Kawhi Leonard = Two Betas. Will need Patrick Mills as the alpha, the clutch player.

Spurs 4 The Win
05-05-2015, 06:49 PM

:lmao

PingPong
05-05-2015, 06:56 PM

Looks like an older brother of Justin Bieber.

Russ
05-05-2015, 08:33 PM

LA would be perfect for the Lakers. If they wanted Carmello, they'd love Aldridge.

LakerHater
05-05-2015, 08:36 PM
i can only see him goin to Dallas, since hes from there!