PDA

View Full Version : Governor Blinko, here's your pink slip...

The Ressurrected One
09-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Major Garrett of Fox News is reporting that the Red Cross "had prepositioned water, food, blankets and hygiene products for delivery to the Superdome and the Convention Center in the immediate aftermath of the hurricane, but were blocked from delivering those supplies by orders of the Louisiana state government, which did not want to attract people to the Superdome and/or Convention Center."

Explosive, obviously, if true. Garrett says the report comes from "sources at the highest levels of the Red Cross."

During an interview on the Shepard Smith Report some RC Spokeswoman said it was the Louisiana State Homeland Security Dept that stopped them from going to the Superdome in the immediate aftermath.

Another official spokesperson, Carol Miller, on the Diane Ream NPR show, confirmed the same on Wednesday morning. A caller inquired if it was true (that Louisiana barred them from the Superdome) and she (the spokesperson) replied unequivocally that it was, indeed, true.

Here's your audio link: Diane Ream (http://www.wamu.org/programs/dr/) (Click link on left side of page, for today's show; the comment is about 35:40 into the show.)

I've listened to the exchange, and the Red Cross representative clearly confirms that the Louisiana authorities directed the Red Cross not to operate in New Orleans lest residents be tempted to stay. The Superdome and convention center aren't specifically mentioned, but obviously would be included in the prohibition.

Others have pointed out that the same information is on the Red Cross web site. So there isn't any doubt about the basic point. The thing that would make it more explosive, I guess, is if the Red Cross had specifically stockpiled materiel to go to the Superdome and convention center, as indicated by Garrett's report on Fox.

ClintSquint
09-07-2005, 09:19 PM
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/53/imrickjamesbitch5dt.gif
"That's it your gone!"

whottt
09-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I've been saying it all along, it's so blatantly obvious that the refusal of the left to admit it illustrate perfectly how desperate they are to manipulate themselves back into power. And a lot of this crap that people are attributing to FEMA...with guards turning stuff back, police leaving...she was controlling the guard. I am not trying to be partisan...but clearly she succumbed to the pressure...so did Nagin. Maybe FEMA let them hang themselves...but I really don't know what anyone expected them to do without being able to control the guard, the police force, the firefighters, or any of the first responders other than the coast guard and having no liason inside the city.

And I see a lot of people that have no clue how declarations of emergency work...everyone seems to think that declaring a Federal State of Emergency gives them carte blanche to do whatever they want in the state...it's just not true. FEMA only had control of...still only has control of...it's own operations, it just so happens their operations now include just about everything except chasing down the criminals...and Honare still has to get approval from Nagin and Blanco...officially. Unoffically they have finally gotten out of his way.

Vashner
09-07-2005, 09:42 PM
Make sure Blanco checks for hemmeriods while her head is stuck up Hillary's ass...

The Ressurrected One
09-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Make sure Blanco checks for hemmeriods while her head is stuck up Hillary's ass...
I don't even think that'll help her. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Hillary starts treating her like a leper.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Dan will tell us this is all false, because someone on democraticunderground.com said so.

The Ressurrected One
09-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Dan will tell us this is all false, because someone on democraticunderground.com said so.
I put Dan on ignore...he can say whatever he wants.