PDA

View Full Version : Parker Hasn't Regressed, Haters

Embedded
05-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Parker haters - what part of Achilles/Hamstring/Ankle injury do you not understand? Were you haters too poor to get the 'Operation' board game for Christmas? You know it didn't come with batteries, right? Parker is a warrior, you haters wouldn't have gone to work sitting on your lard butts putting toys in the happy meal boxes with HALF the pain he was in. He needed to be guarding Chris Paul, but couldn't.

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 08:38 PM
:lmao

even the biggest Parkertards know he was shit and is close to being done. Of course no one here would endure the pain nor can play even to his shitty level but we aren't nba players and we ain't paid 14 million a year neither :lol

DarrinS
05-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Did his injury force him to make bad decisions?

Ditty
05-03-2015, 08:41 PM
I like Tony Parker but he couldn't hit shit this series. He shot okay yesterday, but he missed two critical shots that would've won us the game. I really don't care if he is back next season, I'm not going to complain if he isn't especially if someone is willing to take his contract from us.

ElNono
05-03-2015, 08:45 PM
That's what I've been saying for the past two years. Dude is hurt. Even after taking last summer off, you could tell he was still hurt...

What's Kawhi's excuse?

RD2191
05-03-2015, 08:51 PM
:wakeup

wildchild
05-03-2015, 08:59 PM
What's Kawhi's excuse?

But but why you are another Parker's hater who wants to steal the show in a Tony's topic?

Don't turn every thread in a Kawhi's discuss, in real life Parker could die if the knows this shit.

Shame on you.

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 09:00 PM
But but why you are another Parker's hater who wants to steal the show in a Tony's topic?

Don't turn every thread in a Kawhi's discuss, in real life Parker could died if the knows this shit.

Shame on you.

Nono is trolling imho

and i think you are too? :lol

wildchild
05-03-2015, 09:04 PM
Nono is trolling imho

and i think you are too? :lol

Yes :lol

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 09:04 PM
But but...Yes :lol

:lol

ElNono
05-03-2015, 09:05 PM
Yes :lol

intlspurshk
05-03-2015, 09:06 PM
He underperformed for the whole seasons, not just playoff

mkurts
05-03-2015, 09:10 PM
no Porker has risen to new heights

Mikeanaro
05-03-2015, 09:14 PM
I bet OP was eating a ham sandwich.

Johnny RIngo
05-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Scapegoating Parker's poor playoffs with injury excuses. Never heard that one before.

Mugen
05-04-2015, 11:08 AM
I agree that he hasn't regressed. he's literally expanded every season for the last 3 years tbh.

Skull-1
05-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Did his injury force him to make bad decisions?

Skull-1
05-04-2015, 11:09 AM
I agree that he hasn't regressed. he's literally expanded every season for the last 3 years tbh.

Porker!

SASdynasty!
05-04-2015, 11:31 AM
We saw the old Parker in G7 - 20 pts, 5 ast, 5 rebounds on 48% shooting with big shots in the 4th. He struggled like we've never seen him struggle before for the rest of the series. Hopefully he takes the summer off (if that is actually helpful) and stays healthy next year.

Duncan is still as timeless as ever...it would be a tragedy if he doesn't come back.

I'd like to see Manu back again for one more year. He had a rough season and playoffs, but made some really big shots in G7. He says he's hurt, so I would say give him regular nights off and keep him as an energy guy. He's still got that.

Kawhi will continue to develop and mature into a closer. If we can keep a good record throughout the season, I hope Pop goes to Kawhi over and over in late-game situations.

SpurPadre
05-04-2015, 11:37 AM
Judging by how he ran when TMZ reporters asked him about Eva Longoria, his hammy, achilles, and ankle look like they're all back to 100% again.

boutons_deux
05-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Tony didn't appear to lack mobility in the Clips series. He played badly, not intelligently, hero-ball dribbling the clock, and not due to being hurt.

Johnny RIngo
05-04-2015, 11:49 AM
We saw the old Parker in G7 - 20 pts, 5 ast, 5 rebounds on 48% shooting with big shots in the 4th. He struggled like we've never seen him struggle before for the rest of the series. Hopefully he takes the summer off (if that is actually helpful) and stays healthy next year.

Parker choked in the 4th, brah. Spurs were up 3 with 2 mins to go and the retard forces a dumb shot instead of draining the shot clock. Results in a Clippers 3 at the other end to tie the game. Not as efficient as you claim either. Injured Paul handily outplayed him.

Parker:
20 pts, 5 rebs, 5 asts, 1 stl, 3 TOs
needed 21 shots yet scored significantly less than Paul

Paul:
27 pts, 2 rebs, 6 asts, 2 stls, 1 blk, 1 TO
Only needed 13 shots

DMC
05-04-2015, 11:57 AM
Anyone here besides me with English as a primary language?

K...
05-04-2015, 12:16 PM
Parker choked in the 4th, brah. Spurs were up 3 with 2 mins to go and the retard forces a dumb shot instead of draining the shot clock. Results in a Clippers 3 at the other end to tie the game. Not as efficient as you claim either. Injured Paul handily outplayed him.

Parker:

Paul:
Only needed 13 shots

I saw the game and I'd call cp3 fame as god mode

But lmao at Parker being blamed for poor shooting. It's getting sad. When Harlem was talking about Parker it was at least fresh. Now it's not only stale but the dumbest fans are channeling their emotions into this crutch! Emotionally crippled. Yup.

Anyway this is a dumb head cuz even I know Parker might not be any better next year. It's obvious he was injured all year. It's obvious he's slower. The fat Tony thing eludes me..how much time do y'all guys spend staring at men's bodies and guessing weight? It's creepy the way y'all guys give a shit.

JohnnyMax
05-04-2015, 12:37 PM
He's been horrible all year. Injuries do not effect you that long.

The Reckoning
05-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Parker was running from TMZ faster than he did on the court the whole series.

K...
05-04-2015, 12:48 PM
He's been horrible all year. Injuries do not effect you that long.

If you never rest they do. Also old people recover slower. Try hanging around the assisted living center and telling people "c'mon you've been limping for years, get over and show some respect"

coachmac87
05-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Injuries matter. Injuries KILL your confidence first and foremost. Which can lead to bad choices on the court. Tony tried and you gotta give him credit..

And for the people that say injuries don't matter don't play basketball

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Parker's entire season was a disgrace. He put on too much weight, and he looked slow and tired. With the injuries topped on later in the season, he was nearly worthless.

DMC
05-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Parker became a liability when a couple things happened:

1. He couldn't drive to the paint with any urgency
2. He couldn't make short range jumpers

Two things Parker is useful for when he was in his prime, driving the paint and shooting the short range jumper.

When Parker would get into the paint and get fouled, he'd miss his free throws. He was taking the punishment for driving but not taking the reward.

In the games where the Spurs shot FTs well they won. The rest they lost.

In the first game the Clippers won 114 to 105. That's a 9 point lead. Spurs missed 10 free throws. The starters missed 9 of those. Out of 35 FTA, the Spurs hit 25, and the bench accounted for almost half of those.

Until the Spurs can clean up free throw shooting in their starting lineup, they won't be able to move far.

spurraider21
05-04-2015, 02:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=legm6YaKxkQ

Mugen
05-04-2015, 02:42 PM
I figured that joke would be right along the lines for a John Ireland / Dave Coulier fan tbh.

Skull-1
05-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Anyone here besides me with English as a primary language?

Just us.

SASdynasty!
05-04-2015, 04:37 PM

Parker:

Paul:
Only needed 13 shots
Where did I say he outplayed Paul? I just said Parker looked like his old self finally in G7 where he went for 20/5/5 on 48% shooting with really good buckets in the 4th (the floater he missed was a high-percentage shot, it just looks bad in hindsight because it didn't go in and Barnes got a 3 on the other end). He was one of few guys that came to play, especially in the 4th.

Malik Hairston
05-04-2015, 06:43 PM
Where did I say he outplayed Paul? I just said Parker looked like his old self finally in G7 where he went for 20/5/5 on 48% shooting with really good buckets in the 4th (the floater he missed was a high-percentage shot, it just looks bad in hindsight because it didn't go in and Barnes got a 3 on the other end). He was one of few guys that came to play, especially in the 4th.

20 points on 21 shots is terrible

K...
05-04-2015, 06:47 PM

unless everyone else on the team lacks ballss

Malik Hairston
05-04-2015, 06:48 PM
He's the PG, he can shoot whenever he wants:lol..

TheGreatYacht
05-04-2015, 07:03 PM
That didn't lose the game, 5/13 against a 36 year old SF did

cd98
05-04-2015, 07:06 PM
I've defended Parker here during the first round. He's not nearly as bad as most of the hack takes, and he's had a great career with the Spurs, but you can't argue this season wasn't a regression. He was horrible most of the season. I believe the regression was mostly injury related. Fast PGs can make a go until around 34, then the drop off seems to be big. If Parker gets healthy and plays less minutes, I think he will regain most of his former form. That said, he is on the wrong side of 30 for basketball. I suspect he has some regression, but not nearly as bad as the last few weeks.

Russ
05-04-2015, 07:35 PM
Open letter to Tony Parker:

Dear Mr. Parker --

Thank you for your service.

I know that many Spurs fans do not appreciate you anymore and think that you are washed up.

Unfortunately, many of these same Spurs fans seem angry at you just because they believe you are washed up.

That seems odd to me.

In any event, most of these same Spurs fans have been wrong about just about everything in the past.

They thought David Robinson was washed up in 2001 and actually blamed him for re-signing with the team. One Spurs fan even purported to "indict" Big Dave for "crimes against the Spurs" on a message board (I think his internet name was actually "Spurs Fan" or something).

Then there was Tim Duncan -- they all thought he was washed up about five years ago.

Even the heart and soul of the Spurs, Manu Ginobili, was not spared -- they were angry at him for having the temerity just to continue suiting up a couple years ago. Then he slam dunked his way to a Finals win over the Miami Heat just last year.

These fans almost always think that the Spurs should be "blown up" and start rebuilding every summer.

So, in other words Tony, being hated buy these short-sighted fools puts you in good company.

And don't worry Tony -- when you come back strong next year they'll all deny they ever said a bad word about you.

Just like they deny they ever said anything bad about David Robinson, or Tim, or Manu.

So enjoy the summer.

-- A Spurs Fan

Malik Hairston
05-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Why are people ignoring that 2014 Parker saw a huge regression from 2013 Parker, too? This year's decline was worse than I thought, but it's evident that this is an age-related, progressive decline..

He went from star PG to slightly above average player to backup PG in 3 years..even if you blame it on injuries, why wouldn't a 33-year old PG that has spent his entire career playing in the paint continue to get nagging injuries?

mkurts
05-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Comparing the decline of Parker to the decline of Robinson is just so stupid, blind and idiotic in so many ways, but I'll leave it there.

milkyway21
05-05-2015, 03:02 AM
Parker became a liability when a couple things happened:

1. He couldn't drive to the paint with any urgency
2. He couldn't make short range jumpers

Two things Parker is useful for when he was in his prime, driving the paint and shooting the short range jumper.

When Parker would get into the paint and get fouled, he'd miss his free throws. He was taking the punishment for driving but not taking the reward.

In the games where the Spurs shot FTs well they won. The rest they lost.

In the first game the Clippers won 114 to 105. That's a 9 point lead. Spurs missed 10 free throws. The starters missed 9 of those. Out of 35 FTA, the Spurs hit 25, and the bench accounted for almost half of those.

Until the Spurs can clean up free throw shooting in their starting lineup, they won't be able to move far.

Parker, Diaw, de Colo, Gobert included n the preliminary roster for the Eurobasket 2015.

You think the Spurs will let him play?

FkLA
05-05-2015, 04:34 AM

Dear Mr. Parker --

I know that many Spurs fans do not appreciate you anymore and think that you are washed up.

Unfortunately, many of these same Spurs fans seem angry at you just because they believe you are washed up.

That seems odd to me.

In any event, most of these same Spurs fans have been wrong about just about everything in the past.

They thought David Robinson was washed up in 2001 and actually blamed him for re-signing with the team. One Spurs fan even purported to "indict" Big Dave for "crimes against the Spurs" on a message board (I think his internet name was actually "Spurs Fan" or something).

Then there was Tim Duncan -- they all thought he was washed up about five years ago.

Even the heart and soul of the Spurs, Manu Ginobili, was not spared -- they were angry at him for having the temerity just to continue suiting up a couple years ago. Then he slam dunked his way to a Finals win over the Miami Heat just last year.

These fans almost always think that the Spurs should be "blown up" and start rebuilding every summer.

So, in other words Tony, being hated buy these short-sighted fools puts you in good company.

And don't worry Tony -- when you come back strong next year they'll all deny they ever said a bad word about you.

Just like they deny they ever said anything bad about David Robinson, or Tim, or Manu.

So enjoy the summer.

-- A Spurs Fan

Yeah because Enrique is as skilled, unselfish and dedicated (shape wise) as those actual Spurs legends. :lol

DJR210
05-05-2015, 04:54 AM
The Spurs are sending him a "no compete" letter for any extra curricular basketball, just like they did Manu last year.. I think Parker finally sees his body is no longer invincible, and I expect him to return next year rested, lighter, hungry and healthy. Parker will be back, no way his career is gonna just fizz out like this.

RD2191
05-05-2015, 05:41 AM

Dear Mr. Parker --

That seems odd to me.

So enjoy the summer.

-- A Spurs Fan
:lmao

Johnny RIngo
05-05-2015, 05:47 AM
The Spurs are sending him a "no compete" letter for any extra curricular basketball, just like they did Manu last year.. I think Parker finally sees his body is no longer invincible, and I expect him to return next year rested, lighter, hungry and healthy. Parker will be back, no way his career is gonna just fizz out like this.

Low IQ players that rely on their athleticism to be effective tend to fizzle out like this all the time. In Tony's case, he's useless without his speed. He won't age well like Duncan and Manu(players with actual skills to fall back on)

DJR210
05-05-2015, 08:27 AM
Low IQ players that rely on their athleticism to be effective tend to fizzle out like this all the time. In Tony's case, he's useless without his speed. He won't age well like Duncan and Manu(players with actual skills to fall back on)

It may be time to make him officially a two guard, like Pop planned after the 02-03 title..

DMC
05-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Parker, Diaw, de Colo, Gobert included n the preliminary roster for the Eurobasket 2015.

You think the Spurs will let him play?
They don't have a choice.

DMC
05-05-2015, 09:17 AM

Dear Mr. Parker --

That seems odd to me.

So enjoy the summer.

-- A Spurs Fan

Russ
12-18-2015, 10:54 PM

Dear Mr. Parker --

That seems odd to me.

So enjoy the summer.

-- A Spurs Fan

Roll call . . . :)

Chinook
12-18-2015, 10:57 PM
Legit third scorer. And he's figuring out how to fit with LMA anf Kawhi. The Spurs are to age as the Suns are to injury.

TheGreatYacht
12-19-2015, 03:15 AM
Roll call . . . :)
Ride till' the wheels fall off :tu

lefty
12-25-2015, 10:41 PM
lol they had all fkn quarter to get kawhi going, then all of sudden he hits 3...they decide to look for him for him on a final possesion, looking enrique dribbling around like a kent looking for kawhi to bail him out..