lefty
05-03-2015, 09:27 PM
:cry

RD2191
05-03-2015, 09:30 PM
:depressed

jdelar03
05-03-2015, 09:48 PM
Yeah stings like a bitch but got to love the heart of this team this whole season has been off but they gave it a shot and pulled up short. But, if your a fan then you move on hope and pray the Spurs make good moves in the off season and next year will hopefully bring another ring. You win some and you lose some such is life, but you pick your ass up off the floor and come back better. Spurs to the end.

cantthinkofanything
05-03-2015, 09:52 PM
It's better to loved and lost than never to loved at all.

Robz4000
05-03-2015, 09:54 PM
It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. Hell, going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.

100%duncan
05-03-2015, 09:54 PM
It's better to loved and lost than never to loved at all.

ludacrissss

SpursFan86
05-03-2015, 09:59 PM
It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. Hell, going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.

Shit gets me every time :lmao

Chillen
05-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Nothing can top the 2013 Finals anguish, not even this. So I'm good, it just bites.

K...
05-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Your're still not funny

AFBlue
05-03-2015, 10:29 PM
:lol well played

This doesn't hurt. Given Parker/Splitter injuries and the lack of HCA, a loss in the west seemed almost inevitable. Sucks to have it possibly be the end for one or more of our franchise greats though. Hope to see Parker return to form and Duncan back for at least one more year.

DMC
05-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Just think, a bucket or free throw or a stop, just one, and Spurs could have waited until the 2nd round to be eliminated.

Embedded
05-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Yeah, this doesn't hurt that much, it was one play, you know, I think the guys need a summer off. The injuries were bad this year, but more than that, mentally, they didn't seem sharp - we saw the brilliance in flashes, and they gutted it up for the last 1/4 of the season or so. I am concerned about My Hero, Manu Ginobili, and his future. Good gosh I will cry I want one more year, but then I will want more after that. And Kawhi Leonard's falloff in the playoffs, I don't understand, was chasing Chris Paul wearing him out on the offensive end, coupled with a fresh Matt Barnes whose real purpose was only defense on the other end? Barnes got to loaf on offense, being guarded by a hobbled Tony. OR was Kawhi hurt?

Matty2Cool
05-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Feel like this loss was more annoying that a real "hurt" aka 6.. threw up after Allen made the 3, no puking last night more frustrations instead.

illusioNtEk
05-04-2015, 02:22 AM
:depressed

it's the little shit that seems to kill us.... from not trying 100% on that Pelicans game to missing free throws...

It still hurts

E20
05-04-2015, 03:03 AM
What hurts is that we lost to the likes of Matt Barnes, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and company.

Skull-1
05-04-2015, 04:58 AM
Just think, a bucket or free throw or a stop, just one, and Spurs could have waited until the 2nd round to be eliminated.

:lol

boutons_deux
05-04-2015, 05:18 AM
What hurts is that we lost to the likes of Matt Barnes, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and company.

.. we lost to 14 3Gs, 52% from the arc.

Up 3-2, Spurs blew the next 2 games.

MAxEric
05-04-2015, 05:46 AM
It reminds me of timvp....
really miss his posts.....

dbreiden83080
05-04-2015, 05:56 AM
http://texassportsreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/San-Antonio-Spurs-2014-championship-team-photo-594x330.jpg

I'm not spoiled..

tmtcsc
05-04-2015, 08:22 AM
Re-charge and come back ready to go get that title again.

MateoNeygro
05-04-2015, 08:42 AM
It hurts just like it always does when we get eliminated. On to next year. GO SPURS GO!!!

MateoNeygro
05-04-2015, 08:44 AM
When we do get eliminated it never feel real to me. Like it didn't really happen. Is that weird? Like my brain can't fathom an NBA playoffs without the Spurs.

Dex
05-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Even if this is the end of the run, it's been one of the greatest runs any sports fan has ever gotten to experience with their team. Kind of hard to feel too bad about that.

K...
05-04-2015, 09:44 AM
You know it'd be real cool if the league said, you know, as champs you only need to play 60 games. We'll spot you your prev year win percentage or 14 wins for standings purposes.

There would also need to be money involved, which is why this won't happen but in my perfect future everyone is rich shi nobody's caring about $