PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Pierce to Denver for Nene and Miller

tempest186
09-07-2005, 10:40 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml

A trusted source informs InsideHoops.com that the Boston Celtics are expected to trade Paul Pierce to the Denver Nuggets for Andre Miller and Nene. More players would be involved.

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/

A trusted source informs InsideHoops.com that the Boston Celtics are expected to trade Paul Pierce to the Denver Nuggets for Andre Miller and Nene. More players would be involved.

This could shift some of the powern in the West if true. I don't know this site's credibility, but it ain't hoopsworld and that stands for something.

picnroll
09-07-2005, 10:42 PM
link (http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml)

Interesting if it happens. Might explain Nugs signing Watson
NBA RUMORS: WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 7, 2005

Trainwreck2100
beat me to it by one minute.

timvp
The Celtics have 9 point guards already. Why would they trade for another one?

picnroll
09-07-2005, 10:44 PM
For Nene. They have PGs they can easily move. Also they don't really have a seasoned PG.

Das Texan
09-07-2005, 10:48 PM
The Celtics have 9 point guards already. Why would they trade for another one?

for the same reason mr thomas trades for 9 power forwards?

TheTruth
09-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Boston would have a nice team if this went down.

Isiah Thomas
09-07-2005, 10:53 PM
for the same reason mr thomas trades for 9 power forwards?

It's called Shaq insurance ahole. Even I think anything more than 5 pgs is a bad idea.

picnroll
09-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Melo and Pierce would be a load at the swing positions.

timvp
09-07-2005, 10:57 PM
If this trade goes down, the Nuggets jump up into the upper echelon of the western conference.

The Celtics would hope that a future frontcourt of Nene and Jefferson would dominate in the east.

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Not that I'd worry much the Spurs torch Pierce.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:00 PM
alot of us Nuggets fans figured this is why we got Watson..........and why we paid a decent amount for him, looks he could be our starting PG

I am mixed about this possible trade...........i just hope it doesnt bring any personality issues with is....... if it doesn't then damn our starting lineup is looking good........

but i am worried about Camby, if he doesn't hold up then i would much rather have Nene back him up than Elson.......

i was actually hoping Nene and Boykins would be gone but i think Boykins has more marketing power than Dre in the Denver region and that means alot in tis business

Banks91
09-07-2005, 11:05 PM
so pierce would play sg, while melo played sf? not bad, with martin,camby and who ever played pg. If they werent a 55 win team before, they are now.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:09 PM
so pierce would play sg, while melo played sf? not bad, with martin,camby and who ever played pg. If they werent a 55 win team before, they are now.

Earl Watson would start as PG , im pretty sure Boykins wouldnt get the start......

our team would be

Watson/Boykins
Pierce/Lenard/Buckner/Person (talking about bring him back)
Melo/Johnson/Kleiza (he slimmed down for the SF position)
Kmart/Najera
Camby/Elson

With Julius Hodge playing the 1,2 or 3 position

picnroll
09-07-2005, 11:13 PM
Pierce is on the books for nearly $14 million and Nene for $3. What's Miller making next year?

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Pierce is on the books for nearly $14 million and Nene for $3. What's Miller making next year?

5mil 8hunded gs

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:20 PM

Nene is close to $3.5mil and Dre is close to $7mil

The Artest Factor
09-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Nuggets are better than the Spurs if this goes down.

loveforthegame
09-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Realgm's trade checker says Pierce for Nene, Miller, and Najera works.

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Nene is close to $3.5mil and Dre is close to $7mil

7,426,666 to be exact, I was looking at 04-05 when I saw the 5 mil

gospursgojas
:lol :lol :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN

lol i wouldnt say that............this could mess with our team chemistry ALOT ...... we finished the regular season on a hot streak and alot of us think that Kiki should just wait till mid season to see how the Nuggets are going and then pull off a trade....but either way, we get a great SG

id rather it be Camby and Boykins but the Celtice aren't going to take an old center with injury issues over a young guy with huge upside

picnroll
09-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Hasn't this retard been banned yet?

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Realgm's trade checker says Pierce for Nene, Miller, and Najera works.

i can't see us trading Najera as well.........

Nene and Miller for Pierce works fine too

Nene Hilario
6-11 PF from Vasco De Gama (Brazil)
9.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.9 minutes

Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
13.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.9 apg in 34.8 minutes
Incoming

Paul Pierce
6-6 SF from Kansas
21.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 4.2 apg in 36.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, -3.4 rpg, and -4.2 apg.

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Paul Pierce
6-6 SF from Kansas
21.6 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 4.2 apg in 36.1 minutes
Incoming

Nene Hilario
6-11 PF from Vasco De Gama (Brazil)
9.6 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.5 apg in 23.9 minutes

Andre Miller
6-2 PG from Utah
13.6 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 6.9 apg in 34.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: +1.6 ppg, +3.4 rpg,, and +4.2 apg.

Due to Denver and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Denver and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Dex
09-07-2005, 11:30 PM
lol i wouldnt say that............this could mess with our team chemistry ALOT ...... we finished the regular season on a hot streak and alot of us think that Kiki should just wait till mid season to see how the Nuggets are going and then pull off a trade....but either way, we get a great SG

id rather it be Camby and Boykins but the Celtice aren't going to take an old center with injury issues over a young guy with huge upside

Don't listen to Artest Factor, he's your textbook definition of a troll.

He thinks the Pacers are, hands-down, better then the Spurs, too.

:shootme

Next he'll be telling us that we better start watching out for those Raps.

Anyways, sounds like an interesting deal for ya, but I'm kinda with you; is moving 2 good pieces for one great piece worth the price?

Never thought of having to deal with Pierce on a regular basis, either. That could be wierd.

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 11:31 PM
the rumor says there will be more players involved

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:32 PM
Next he'll be telling us that we better start watching out for those Raps.

oh, they still play in the NBA?
:lol

SequSpur
09-07-2005, 11:37 PM
The Nuggets blow.

Trainwreck2100
09-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Stop starting sheyittt

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Stop starting sheyittt

doesn't matter, ive been browsing this board long enough to know to ignore them..........
:smokin

milkyway21
09-07-2005, 11:43 PM
what the Nuggets need is a player who is a good from the perimeter- a good shooting guard who can knock down jump shots. obviously it's what they lacked in the 1st round of the playoffs vs. the Spurs.

Paul is a scorer, no doubt about that. but w/ his 25.9% from the arc, is Pierce really the answer? can he fill that hole?

pls. take a look on this news during the 2005 playoffs.
[/QUOTE]Player News

Pierce hit only two of his 11 shot attempts in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Pacers on Saturday. [QUOTE]
despite winning the Atlantic, despite a 50% from 3pt line performance of Le Frenz they failed to advance in the East Semi-Finals.

and he can't score against our Bowen:rolleyes.

But I'm sure Pierce will be an upgrade.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:46 PM
what the Nuggets need is a player who is a good from the perimeter- a good shooting guard who can knock down jump shots. obviously it's what they lacked in the 1st round of the playoffs vs. the Spurs.

Paul is a scorer, no doubt about that. but w/ his 25.9% from the arc, is Pierce really the answer? can he fill that hole?

pls. take a look on this news during the 2005 playoffs.
Player News

Pierce hit only two of his 11 shot attempts in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Pacers on Saturday.

despite winning the Atlantic, despite a 50% from 3pt line performance of Le Frenz they failed to advance in the East Semi-Finals.

and he can't score against our Bowen:rolleyes.

But I'm sure Pierce will be an upgrade.

we know that we cant get a SG that is a good 3pt shooter so i think Kiki must be setlling for a scorer and hoping that our other guys (Dj, Buck, Vo, Person) can at least hit the 3 somewhat consistently......

as far as Bowen goes, if he is on Pierce, who is going to stop Melo and vice versa?

FreshPrince22
09-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Boston already has 18 players under contract. They're gonna bring in even more, just to cut a bunch of guys? Doesn't make too much sense to me.
________
Nexium settlement information (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Boston already has 18 players under contract. They're gonna bring in even more, just to cut a bunch of guys? Doesn't make too much sense to me.

it has only been reported by insidehoops at the moment and i dont know how credible they are but at least its something to talk about ......... this offseason has gone on way too long :pctoss

ZStomp
09-07-2005, 11:57 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/

This could shift some of the powern in the West if true. I don't know this site's credibility, but it ain't hoopsworld and that stands for something.

Shift it how?

Trainwreck2100
09-08-2005, 12:00 AM
They would be better than most teams not named Spurs.

ZStomp
09-08-2005, 12:00 AM
Pierce doesn't 'scare' me. I don't see the NUGZ improving much. If at all..

slayermin
09-08-2005, 12:31 AM
So the Nuggets would trade away the player that beat the Spurs in their only playoff win last season? I like it. Plus they lose Nene who is much tougher on TD than K-Mart, defensively.

milkyway21
09-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Player News

Pierce hit only two of his 11 shot attempts in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals against the Pacers on Saturday.

we know that we cant get a SG that is a good 3pt shooter so i think Kiki must be setlling for a scorer and hoping that our other guys (Dj, Buck, Vo, Person) can at least hit the 3 somewhat consistently......

as far as Bowen goes, if he is on Pierce, who is going to stop Melo and vice versa?..is our man Tim Duncan good enough:lol

and how can Person show his skills from the arc if his ass is glued 30+ min on the bench just like in the playoffs? and he's unsigned yet, u sure he's not going anywhere?

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-08-2005, 12:43 AM
So the Nuggets would trade away the player that beat the Spurs in their only playoff win last season? I like it. Plus they lose Nene who is much tougher on TD than K-Mart, defensively.

noone stops TD, plain and simple and as far as Dre's 31pt performance, even as a Nugget fan i know that was only a one off (and it turned out to be true).....

if we get Pierce , we get another offensive player tat can shred teams up....

Bowen can only handle 1 player and please dont try and tell me that Manu is going to stop Pierce

beating the spurs isnt about stopping TD (like i said, its virtually impossible), its about beating Manu, TP and your other role players........we another offensive player and a defensive minded PG.........i think we would have a better chance than last season.......

anyway, im still waiting to see if this is going to happen or not. What sources do you guys check for NBA info? I only usually trust it if it is ESPN or sometimes realgm........

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-08-2005, 12:48 AM
..is our man Tim Duncan good enough:lol

and how can Person show his skills from the arc if his ass is glued 30+ min on the bench just like in the playoffs? and he's unsigned yet, u sure he's not going anywhere?

trust me when i say i was ticked at Karl for keeping Wes on the bench, i have been a huge Person fan for a long time (especially Chuck)...... and to see him signed for a 3pt threat and then benched during the most important games, it was a joke.......

how can TD defend aginst guards? is he that versatile? im in Australia so i dont get to see many games so i dont really know how other teams players (even if there stars) play

DieMrBond
09-08-2005, 12:58 AM
Apparently InsideHoops only post 'rumours' that have been confirmed from official sources. And they vary rarely if ever get it wrong, so this could be as good as done...

There sure are some talented stacked starting 5's going around at the moment, arent there?

Spurs, Detroit, Denver, Houston, Indiana, Pheonix, and so on and so on...

milkyway21
09-08-2005, 01:06 AM
trust me when i say i was ticked at Karl for keeping Wes on the bench, i have been a huge Person fan for a long time (especially Chuck)...... and to see him signed for a 3pt threat and then benched during the most important games, it was a joke.......

how can TD defend aginst guards? is he that versatile? im in Australia so i dont get to see many games so i dont really know how other teams players (even if there stars) playi was talking about Tim guarding Anthony, a SF, not Pierce, an SG. :oops .

anyway, if this rumors are true, I have the feeling Denver(just few games away from winning the Northwest Div last season), is going to dominate this time.
That might at least give some headache to the Sonics and Minny org & fans around.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-08-2005, 01:13 AM
i was talking about Tim guarding Anthony, a SF, not Pierce, an SG. :oops .

oh ok.......i was getting confused :spin .........

this trade can only make us stonger and if it doesnt go through then we can just keep building on last seasons success under Karl......

mavsfan1000
09-08-2005, 01:23 AM
That would be an incredible trade for Denver. I still wouldn't put them in the top 4 but they are really close to Houston and Dallas. This is how I see the seedings next year imo.
1. Spurs
2. Suns
3. Nuggets (due to divisions)
4. Mavericks
5. Rockets
6. Kings
7. Sonics
8. Jazz

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-08-2005, 01:28 AM
That would be an incredible trade for Denver. I still wouldn't put them in the top 4 but they are really close to Houston and Dallas. This is how I see the seedings next year imo.
1. Spurs
2. Suns
3. Nuggets (due to divisions)
4. Mavericks
5. Rockets
6. Kings
7. Sonics
8. Jazz

I think the Nuggets and Mavs will have better records than the Suns but i know the Suns will be at least 3rd coz of the Division, i cant see Amare being so good without top 3pt shooters spreading the floor. No matter what the Suns got for JJ, they are still worse off for losing him and Q

MI21
09-08-2005, 04:58 AM
Odd trade, talent wise it is great for Denver, but I don't think Carmelo and Pierce can exist without troubles. I was a huge Pierce fan going back 3/4 years ago when he could actually shoot, if he could find that form again he would be very dangerous.

NugzFan, where abouts in Australia are you?

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-08-2005, 05:26 AM
Odd trade, talent wise it is great for Denver, but I don't think Carmelo and Pierce can exist without troubles. I was a huge Pierce fan going back 3/4 years ago when he could actually shoot, if he could find that form again he would be very dangerous.

NugzFan, where abouts in Australia are you?

im on the Gold Coast.........where abouts are you?

MI21
09-08-2005, 05:40 AM
Ah ok, first Gold Coast Australian I've ever seen posting on a Spurs Forum and I been around them for going on 5/6 years now.

I'm in Perth.

NuGGeTs-FaN
09-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Ah ok, first Gold Coast Australian I've ever seen posting on a Spurs Forum and I been around them for going on 5/6 years now.

I'm in Perth.

yeh i havent ran into any Gold Coasters in any NBA forums yet, i have met a few people that live in Sydney though

ploto
09-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Never been scared of Pierce.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-08-2005, 08:43 AM
I don't think that that big of a shake up is a great idea. One of the strengths of the Nuggets in the second half of last season was depth, and Nene was huge off the bench for them. With Watson signed I'd slide Miller over to shooting guard instead of making this trade. This was the best team after the all star break last year. I would have thought that the management wouldn't try to shake things up too much.

50 cent
09-08-2005, 08:58 AM
This is how I see the seedings next year imo.
1. Spurs
2. Nuggets (due to divisions)
3. Rockets
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Mavericks
7. Minnesota
8. Golden State[/QUOTE]

Dex
09-08-2005, 01:48 PM
This is how I see the seedings next year imo.
1. Spurs
2. Nuggets (due to divisions)
3. Rockets
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Mavericks
7. Minnesota
8. Golden State

Spurs and Rockets are in the same division, so there's no way they could take both the 1 and 3 spot. Which means you'd probably have to switch out Phoenix and Houston at 3/4. Other than that, I can't really disagree much. For some reason, I'd be surprised to see Minnesota make it in, but I guess they're chances are probably as good as the rest of the West behind the first 6 you listed.

I'm going to laugh my ass off, though, if Golden State makes the playoffs and the Lakers don't. That's what bitches get. :lol

Slo spurs fan
09-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Player News

as far as Bowen goes, if he is on Pierce, who is going to stop Melo and vice versa?

Is that a dog or somethig? :angel

dbreiden83080
09-08-2005, 02:31 PM
How is this a great trade, Nuggets will lose their all star caliber PG and a very solid big man and add pierce. Melo has not yet shown he can be a star in the NBA he sucked last year in the playoffs and Pierce is not the player he was 2 or 3 years ago he can not carry them either. I would take what the Cav's just did with Larry hughes over this deal.

lotr1trekkie
09-08-2005, 02:42 PM
The talent level in the league is real close. You could even make a legit argument that other teams have as much or more. However, its all about team chemistry and having players that complement each other. On how many teams would Bowen's start for. Would Rasho be the starting center for? The problem the Heat and Pacers [Nuggets]will have this year is creating a "team" not just 8 or 10 talented players. Argentina didn't have more talent than the USA but they were a better team.

Spurs rule until someone proves it on the court.

nkdlunch
09-08-2005, 02:56 PM
:lol at the Nuggets. what a bunch of idiots

ShoogarBear
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Pierce and Carmelo would be a matchup made in basketball hell.

Marcus Bryant
09-08-2005, 04:15 PM
:depressed

Oh wait, we just got NVE and Finley.

:)

Still, too bad the Spurs couldn't land Pierce somehow. But even I will give Holt Cat a pass on not taking on that contract.

ShoogarBear
09-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Who would you have traded on the Spurs for Pierce? (That Boston would actually consider.)

Marcus Bryant
09-08-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, the best deal the Spurs could put together would be a package including Nazr.

Nazr + Barry + Udrih + pick(s)?

Here's a lineup any Virtual GM would love:

1 Parker
2 Ginobili
3 Pierce
4 Duncan
5 Oberto

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I think we'd have to include Parker in a trade for Pierce.

ShoogarBear
09-08-2005, 04:33 PM
I think we'd have to include Parker in a trade for Pierce.

I think so too, which means we'd have to get one of theirs back. And move NVE to starting point.

Even if we did, Pop is still starting Bruce. You gonna make Pierce come off the bench? No way he'd go for it. And moving Manu back to the bench would be amusing only for the religious outcry it would spark here.

Too much shuffling would have to go on to take Pierce, without any clear improvement.

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't know... I think if you have Pierce and Manu, you probably HAVE to bring Bruce off the bench.

Or Manu.

yeahone
09-08-2005, 05:31 PM

there goes the attention freak again.....remember when you score you got to defend alla Phoneix Suns

Supergirl
09-08-2005, 05:37 PM

Not even sure the Nuggets are better than anyone if this goes down, which is why I am skeptical about this rumor. Last I heard, they were set on keeping Nene, and I can't think why they'd give up their biggest, strongest, most talented PG and most promising big man on their roster for an ageing shooting guard, esp one who likes to shoot a lot. THey've already got Melo to take the bulk of the shots.

If it goes down, it will be a major deal for the C's, and a potential disaster for the Nuggets.

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 05:39 PM
The talent level in the league is real close. You could even make a legit argument that other teams have as much or more. However, its all about team chemistry and having players that complement each other. On how many teams would Bowen's start for. Would Rasho be the starting center for? The problem the Heat and Pacers [Nuggets]will have this year is creating a "team" not just 8 or 10 talented players. Argentina didn't have more talent than the USA but they were a better team.

Spurs rule until someone proves it on the court.The Pacers core group of players have had 2 or more years experience with each other, aside of Harrison, who fit well last year, and Sarunas and Granger are both coming in... but they are both known as team players... so I think they will fit well. The Heat will definately have chemistry woes... Shaq will choke slam Walker and Williams by the All-Star Break :lol And the Nuggets... I thought the trade was never yet agreed upon... If that is the case... they will have essentially the same team they had last year... their chemistry will be fine too.

batman2883
09-08-2005, 05:49 PM
I dont think Boston is stupid enough to let go of their franchise player, Paul Pierce is the truth, man that boy is sick, i use to beat the shit out of my friends in nba2k4 with paul pierce alone.....He is fucking sic..

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 05:51 PM
I dont think Boston is stupid enough to let go of their franchise player, Paul Pierce is the truth, man that boy is sick, i use to beat the shit out of my friends in nba2k4 with paul pierce alone.....He is fucking sic..I agree... I dropped them hard core in my power rankings when I thought they lost Paul... Few people know more what Paul Pierce is capable of... than a Pacer fan :lol

batman2883
09-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah im telling you Paul Pierce can drop 40 points at will on a team he cant be stopped the man shoots threes from half court and swishes them....He's a team player too..

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Yeah im telling you Paul Pierce can drop 40 points at will on a team he cant be stopped the man shoots threes from half court and swishes them....He's a team player too..I love to watch Ron play him more than anyone else... they battle hard core... and the winner of the matchup changes so often :lol Ron has his most classic games against Paul. And Paul has some of his best on Ron.

batman2883
09-08-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah thats true, but i have to tell you im not a huge Ron Artest fan at all...sorry

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Yeah thats true, but i have to tell you im not a huge Ron Artest fan at all...sorryIt's OK... everyone is entitled to their opinion... I hope he proves himself to have more character this year... I think he may surprise some people... pleasantly... So I hope you might try giving him one last chance... We are all doing it here in Indiana... but I ain't mad at ya... Ron has a lot of people who dislike him... infact... he may be one of the most hated men in the NBA

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
09-08-2005, 08:48 PM

The Nuggets are better than the pacers if this trade DOES NOT go down.

jermaine7fan
09-08-2005, 08:50 PM
The Nuggets are better than the pacers if this trade DOES NOT go down.I disagree

SoupIsGood
09-08-2005, 08:50 PM
The Nuggets are better than the pacers if this trade DOES NOT go down.

:rolleyes

Guru of Nothing
09-08-2005, 09:36 PM

Dude, the Internet now sucks. Your work is done.

Consider taking a vacation.

dunkman
09-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Excelent trade for the Nuggets, Pierce is a great player. It makes them a very dangerous team, even for the Spurs.

MI21
09-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Why roll your eyes at the thought of Denver being better than Indiana, that's a distinct possibility.

SoupIsGood
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Why roll your eyes at the thought of Denver being better than Indiana, that's a distinct possibility.

:rolleyes

MI21
09-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Out of your depth.

milkyway21
09-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Yeah im telling you Paul Pierce can drop 40 points at will on a team he cant be stopped the man shoots threes from half court and swishes them....He's a team player too..this is NOT what I read about after the U.S. team lost in the World Championship with Karl as coach :rolleyes.

i think there were some players who actually said he was so selfish and lack team play that's why they lost to Argentina, et al. I forgot who that player was, J.O'neal or someone else.

SoupIsGood
09-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Out of your depth.

Clearly.