PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: (rumor) will likely offer Leonard 5 years/117 max deal

AlexJones
05-06-2015, 05:55 PM

Yep, nigga ain't turning that one down.

DPG21920
05-06-2015, 06:15 PM
This is incorrect. Kawhi's max contract offer is 5 years, 89M. The number that Tweet is referring to is if Kawhi were to wait until 2016.

LakerHater
05-06-2015, 06:28 PM
Yeah heard it was 5 yr near 90 mil.

DPG21920
05-06-2015, 06:29 PM
Or maybe it's 96M, but either way it's not 117.

Robz4000
05-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I heard ~$90 mil. I'd only give that kinda max to AD tbh.

lefty
05-06-2015, 06:49 PM
:lol upstairs

apalisoc_9
05-06-2015, 06:52 PM
When can other teams start offering their max?

The spurs better hurry up before some other teams offer their bigger max.

Splits
05-06-2015, 06:54 PM

:lmao "bigger max"

Kool Bob Love
05-06-2015, 06:55 PM

http://youtu.be/WvqQRV0NwLA

Kool Bob Love
05-06-2015, 06:58 PM

http://38.media.tumblr.com/22e5a3927361f63d25215453bfdd83c9/tumblr_n1nx7dC3yB1qhub34o1_500.gif

unforeseen
05-06-2015, 06:59 PM

Spurs Max < Other teams "bigger max"

Porker IQ level.
:rollin

Silver&Black
05-06-2015, 07:02 PM

Porker IQ level.

:lmao

INB4 he says he was just trolling us all

Buddy Mignon
05-06-2015, 07:54 PM
Anything over the mid-level is a waste of money on this role player.

Mitch
05-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Kawhi wants his money, he won't take any pay cuts like Duncan.

RD2191
05-06-2015, 08:00 PM
http://youtu.be/WvqQRV0NwLA

11:37
Kawhi Leonard makes 8-foot two point shot (Tony Parker assists)
2-0

10:36
Danny Green makes layup (Kawhi Leonard assists)

10:15
Tony Parker misses jumper

7:58
Tony Parker misses 19-foot jumper

7:15
Kawhi Leonard makes 14-foot two point shot

5:33
Tony Parker misses 8-foot jumper

4:58
Tony Parker personal foul (Chris Paul draws the foul)

7:33
Tony Parker misses 20-foot jumper

5:54
Kawhi Leonard makes 24-foot three point jumper (Danny Green assists)

4:56
Tony Parker bad pass (J.J. Redick steals)

1:39
Tony Parker misses 15-foot jumper

1:15
Tony Parker misses 4-foot jumper

7:24
Tony Parker misses 20-foot jumper

6:56
Chris Paul blocks Tony Parker's shot

1:51
Kawhi Leonard makes two point shot

So as we can see Kawhi started out very well. Did he shit the bed in the 4th? Yes he did. Should your starting PG who is the worst shooter in the playoffs look to get you good looks while you're hot? Yes, yes he should. It looked like it was going to be his night yet for some reason he doesn't touch the ball for a good while in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. I wonder who had something to do with that?

midnightpulp
05-06-2015, 08:17 PM

:lmao Talking shit when Mitch is gonna give your boy Rondo the max

Mitch
05-06-2015, 08:19 PM
:lmao Talking shit when Mitch is gonna give your boy Rondo the max

We need a new savior...

K...
05-06-2015, 08:23 PM
this would never qualify as a scoop and as a rumor it's lame as shit. This twitter "journlist" it's sniffing Tspense's nut sack trying to be authentic as a shit alchemist. Hey, everybody has known spurs are going to offer to give the max. I'm gonna report that a rumor. Haha twitter is so easy,
'"

Infinite_limit
05-06-2015, 08:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4

Strange Love
05-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Spurs need this dude to be relevant, period.

Agloco
05-06-2015, 09:21 PM

Somewhere in the deep recesses of that Neanderthal brain I guarantee you're thinking:

48 is a bargain compared to this.

Infinite_limit
05-06-2015, 09:22 PM
Somewhere in the deep recesses of that Neanderthal brain I guarantee you're thinking:

48 is a bargain compared to this.
Neanderthal's had largest skulls

Agloco
05-06-2015, 09:36 PM
He needs that big visual cortex to process all that Naruto stuff he watches.

Spurs9
05-06-2015, 09:40 PM
Pass

TDMVPDPOY
05-06-2015, 10:57 PM
hopefully he starts making demands at FO to get rid of 2nd biggest chokest of all time off this the fkn team

buttsR4rebounding
05-07-2015, 09:03 AM
Kawhi wants his money, he won't take any pay cuts like Duncan.

Each of Duncan's 1st 3 contracts were for the max. Everyone wants there money

2pac > Kobe
05-07-2015, 09:08 AM

RD2191
05-07-2015, 09:13 AM
hopefully he starts making demands at FO to get rid of 2nd biggest chokest of all time off this the fkn team

Indazone
05-07-2015, 11:10 AM
That would be stupid based on his playoff performance.

hater
05-07-2015, 11:17 AM
he's not a franchise player. and sometimes reverts to the black Van Horn. Still he's a bonafide #2 banana in a team.

we need Aldridge. otherwise were sucking dick with the rest of the loser teams

Killakobe81
05-07-2015, 11:38 AM
Pay the man or let him walk ...choice is yours ...
And as far as this year's playoffs are concerned he is still young. I know we all expected a huge leap but the kid made a leap still. He wasnt as good as his stretch run or the finals last year ... but people are acting like he failed as a #1. Duncan was still the #1 and played well but almost always does when it matters.Placing Timmy type expectations on Kiwi is crazy.

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 11:42 AM
This.
I have no doubt his numbers improve all across without Porker and we are dismantling Houston at present.

DMC
05-07-2015, 12:06 PM
I think Tim comes back next season, so does Manu. I doubt the Red Rocket returns (not sure if his contract is up anyhow) but we'll need a big 3pt shooter to "spread the floor". I don't think we get a LMA type guy, not at all. I think we push Baynes further and bring someone up from the D league or from abroad to give the impression we are rebuilding, if we are indeed rebuilding.

Pop and RC better focus on the PG slot. Tony says he wants to work on his body in the off season, but the Spurs shouldn't bank on Tony having the discipline needed to do that. When you cannot keep your dick out of your teammate's wife, you probably won't do much in the off season to be a better teammate.

Phillip
05-07-2015, 12:41 PM
LMAO max deal for a role player

Brazil
05-07-2015, 02:18 PM

Porker IQ level.

I'm sure he game planned it with Harlem

ducks
05-07-2015, 05:00 PM

The spurs better hurry up before some other teams offer their bigger max.dude spurs can offer the biggest max since they have his bird rights and one year longer
spurs also have right to match any offer out there since he is restricted

Mr Bones
05-08-2015, 01:18 AM

:lolDoesn't understand concept of Max Offer...

Mr Bones
05-08-2015, 01:33 AM
You should have your "source" explain how max contract offers work, Apalisoc_9. Do you still want to bet on Kawhi re-signing with the Spurs?

mudyez
05-08-2015, 02:38 AM
Yeah, I heard ~$90 mil. I'd only give that kinda max to AD tbh.

What? Probably a lot of guys will get offers like that this summer (think: DJ, LA, Marc, Love, Butler, Bron, Dragic, Dr.Green,...maybe Milsap, Monroe...even Knight, Jackson, Middleton and others).

If true (5years for whatever the max is right now) thats great news! The fear was, that he intends to sign a shorter deal to go for the bigger max in about 2 years. The "now max" will look like a better MLE bye that time.

If he signs for 5 years(even though a PO might be involved after year 4), thats basically a nice discount for the Spurs!

Robz4000
05-08-2015, 02:40 AM
What? Probably a lot of guys will get offers like that this summer (think: DJ, LA, Marc, Love, Butler, Bron, Dragic, Dr.Green,...maybe Milsap, Monroe...even Knight, Jackson, Middleton and others).

If true (5years for whatever the max is right now) thats great news! The fear was, that he intends to sign a shorter deal to go for the bigger max in about 2 years. The "now max" will look like a better MLE bye that time.

If he signs for 5 years(even though a PO might be involved after year 4), thats basically a nice discount for the Spurs!

I'm talking about if he gets ~$117 million. Kawhi is easily worth the $90 mil max.

mudyez
05-08-2015, 02:43 AM
I'm talking about if he gets ~$117 million. Kawhi is easily worth the $90 mil max.

Ok, but since nobody can get payed 117 now, it out of the discussion...

...adjusting for the new cap, I think there still will be like 30-40 players to get the new max in some years.

Robz4000
05-08-2015, 02:45 AM
Ok, but since nobody can get payed 117 now, it out of the discussion...

...adjusting for the new cap, I think there still will be like 30-40 players to get the new max in some years.

And all but one or two of them won't deserve it.

mudyez
05-08-2015, 02:55 AM

Guess they will deserve them as much as max players over the last few years deserved it.

Guys like D-Will or Joe Johnson didn't, but if you can get two semi deserving guys (think Westbrook+Love) that get you near contention (yeah, Love is a question mark), they might deserve it...or if you are a small market team, trying to keep a near max player (Wiggins?, Drummond?), it might be better than just losing him and losing fan interest in doing so.

I don't think oweners will think very differently about a furure 117mio max as they do about a 90mio max now. Thats why they are rich as hell.

-21-
05-08-2015, 04:41 AM

Thread
05-08-2015, 07:10 AM
I hope he signs it then continues to sit on that fuckin' gigantic egg he laid a week ago.

& I told ya's:::"He's gonna be a problem."

I said it first. Me.

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 07:16 AM
I hope he signs it then continues to sit on that fuckin' gigantic egg he laid a week ago.

I said it first. Me.

Thread where ya been buddy? Interesting times. Spurs are putting their hopes in a Kiwi/ Aldridge basket ...but will Pop, duncan and gino return? The pick looms ... the next couple weeks should be great stuff in the NBA Plus we will see if Lebron brings the LOB to Cleveland and if GSW is for real ...

ambchang
05-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Kawhi at 90 is good. 117 is way too rich. It hampers the Spurs cap flexibility, and Kawhi is the type of player who would require a bunch of shooters/passers and tough nose low post defenders around him. With 117, the Spurs will not be able to get all those types of players to field a championship team.

Also, please, go after Gasol, Aldridge is not worth it.

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Kawhi at 90 is good. 117 is way too rich. It hampers the Spurs cap flexibility, and Kawhi is the type of player who would require a bunch of shooters/passers and tough nose low post defenders around him. With 117, the Spurs will not be able to get all those types of players to field a championship team.

Also, please, go after Gasol, Aldridge is not worth it.

There is a man who head is not up his ass. Of course some of it depends on Tim. IF tim stays I do think Gasol is better and would probably be a better "fit". If Spurs are looking for a Poor man's Duncan then Gasol is the much better two way player and is such a good passer he would fit Pop's schemes perfectly. I do think the spurs will have to slow their pace a bit but Pop would figure that out ...

spurs fans kill me with the lusting after FA's and then get so butthurt when the object of their affection chooses some pseudo-contender instead ...

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 07:26 AM
Also 100 million for a non franchise "pillar" ( a true #1) is heading down a dark path no matter how much I Admire Kiwi ...besides a desperate big money team like Lakers or Knicks make those kind of moves, not the spurs.

DMC
05-08-2015, 07:37 AM
dude spurs can offer the biggest max since they have his bird rights and one year longer
spurs also have right to match any offer out there since he is restricted

The hits keep coming

I said it first. Me.
You can't have your cake and eat it too. Your inconsistent interpretation of the word "problem" is duly noted. Either way, you're right, he's a hero or a zero, but just because he wasn't a hero this time around doesn't make him a zero. You should be ashamed, trying to sneak in under a loophole. Bend over, I'll sneak in through your loophole.

Also 100 million for a non franchise "pillar" ( a true #1) is heading down a dark path no matter how much I Admire Kiwi ...besides a desperate big money team like Lakers or Knicks make those kind of moves, not the spurs.
Coming from someone who's team just paid a guy 54 million for 41 games and 2 lottery seasons... and paid another 10m a year to climb fences and mountains in Brazil.. that's pretty rich.

DMC
05-08-2015, 07:41 AM
There is a man who head is not up his ass. Of course some of it depends on Tim. IF tim stays I do think Gasol is better and would probably be a better "fit". If Spurs are looking for a Poor man's Duncan then Gasol is the much better two way player and is such a good passer he would fit Pop's schemes perfectly. I do think the spurs will have to slow their pace a bit but Pop would figure that out ...

spurs fans kill me with the lusting after FA's and then get so butthurt when the object of their affection chooses some pseudo-contender instead ...

Chris Paul says hi..

Stay.

MVPau says hi

lol... this guy

Thread
05-08-2015, 07:48 AM
MVPau says hi

lol... this guy

As long as Pau is sayin' "hi" from Chicago and not forted up in the Alamo.

You'd still be playin' if he'd a went with Crockett instead of Daley.

DMC
05-08-2015, 07:53 AM
As long as Pau is sayin' "hi" from Chicago and not forted up in the Alamo.

You'd still be playin' if he'd a went with Crockett instead of Daley.
This I know. Unless Shannon Brown was still here also, then no.

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 07:56 AM
The hits keep coming

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Your inconsistent interpretation of the word "problem" is duly noted. Either way, you're right, he's a hero or a zero, but just because he wasn't a hero this time around doesn't make him a zero. You should be ashamed, trying to sneak in under a loophole. Bend over, I'll sneak in through your loophole.

Coming from someone who's team just paid a guy 54 million for 41 games and 2 lottery seasons... and paid another 10m a year to climb fences and mountains in Brazil.. that's pretty rich.

This is some of your shittiest work. Read what I posted. I said that paying that much is what a DESPERATE big money team does, you act like I am exonerating the Lakers here, I am not. Since my team has made those mistakes I am warning folks against it ... I get why the Lakers have done it and I get why the Spurs might. But the fact we suck doesnt that prove you cant always buy your way to a title? Also this is some of the silliest form of debate ... attacking what the Lakers have done (again, Lakers not me) doesnt do anything to prove what I said was incorrect, genius. I did not want the Lakers to give Kobe $48 million either. Pay attention. The meltdown post "the CP3 scoop" continues ...

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 08:02 AM

Chris Paul says hi..

Stay.

MVPau says hi

lol... this guy

CP3 was not a free-agent, it was a blocked trade so how does that apply? Also i dont call him a choker like many do on here. I am not lusting over Pau i wish him well I will be only upset if we lose the pick. If we get a top 3 pick I would rather have that then the 2011-2014 version of Lakers Pau. He needed a new start and got it. He is playing his best ball since the backtoback. I am grateful for the titles he helped bring you must mistake me for someone else. IF you paid attention Dwight would have been a better example because I do hate Dwight but I am not butthurt over him leaving either ... I also said they should not pay him the max either. So you fail yet again, Starscream ...For the record, I did not want to pay dwight or Melo the max why would I pay Kiwi? TBH, I would rather pay Kiwi the max than the other two guys because he is younger ...but I dont think any of the 3 are worth a a 100 million even with dwight beasting in the playoffs

DMC
05-08-2015, 08:04 AM
This is some of your shittiest work. Read what I posted. I said that paying that much is what a DESPERATE big money team does, you act like I am exonerating the Lakers here, I am not. Since my team has made those mistakes I am warning folks against it ... I get why the Lakers have done it and I get why the Spurs might. But the fact we suck doesnt that prove you cant always buy your way to a title? Also this is some of the silliest form of debate ... attacking what the Lakers have done (again, Lakers not me) doesnt do anything to prove what I said was incorrect, genius. I did not want the Lakers to give Kobe $48 million either. Pay attention. The meltdown post "the CP3 scoop" continues ...

You're here as a Lakers fan talking about poor contract decisions for other teams. You have to find the irony in that. You don't need a paragraph to explain it. Don't try to distance yourself from the dick you rode in here on.

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 08:08 AM
You're here as a Lakers fan talking about poor contract decisions for other teams. You have to find the irony in that. You don't need a paragraph to explain it. Don't try to distance yourself from the dick you rode in here on.

So? I talk about plenty of teams. Your premise was faulty and now you are deflecting. Is Kiwi a $120 million dollar player in your opinion or not? I gave mine. I love the kid, he plays hard has great measurables seems humble ...he is one of the few defenders with a shot at defending Lebron ...still dont think he is worth that ...you disagree say why. Kobe, Nash Pau have nothing to do with the argument.

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 08:39 AM

this. And that is what I was saying to DMC, it doesnt matter if other players are overpaid. Dumb teams (recent Lakers Knicks) overpay in contracts or draft picks or both. Overpaying because other people are doing it is acting like a child. The Spurs have played exactly one player the max since their glory years and that is Tim (iirc) hasnt that been the better path? Spurs have never truly bottomed out while big money spenders like the Lakers and Mavs have won then declined shortly after. IF the goal is to replicate that why would the Spurs as a small market team change direction? Lete Kiwi play out his final year. if he proves worthy as a #1 (I dont think you can say he was give that chance this year because of Tim's play and his own injuries) then you pay him. he fails then you set a limit and if he doesnt take it then he walks. Many on here desperate so they just want to blindly pay him whatever the cost ...

ON LG some dumbasses want us to pay Middleton the freaking max. Middleton!!! that is the kind of dumbass logic (of course Kiwi is better) I hope my team doesnt use ..well we cant get him unless we max ...if that is the case dont get him.

DPG21920
05-08-2015, 09:25 AM
LMAO max deal for a role player

His annual won't be so much more than Parsons and he's obviously worth more than Parsons.

DPG21920
05-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Killa, you have to change your thinking. Spurs would pay it either way, but Kawhi max now is a good deal compared to what they will be a year from now. While that 90M is a ton, in terms of % of the upcoming cap, not a huge issue. Plus, if you're going to "overpay" might as well swing at a 23 year old DPOY & FMVP

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Killa, you have to change your thinking. Spurs would pay it either way, but Kawhi max now is a good deal compared to what they will be a year from now. While that 90M is a ton, in terms of % of the upcoming cap, not a huge issue. Plus, if you're going to "overpay" might as well swing at a 23 year old DPOY & FMVP

I was talking about 117 Hence, why I said $120 mill ... either way I am against it. But like I said I get why they will do it because some other dumbass will. And at least Kiwi plays both ends ....

unleashbaynes
05-08-2015, 11:10 AM
:lmao in what world is a finals MVP/DPOY level player not worth max money?

oh that's right this is spurstalk where we only focus on the last 2 games

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 12:08 PM
:lmao in what world is a finals MVP/DPOY level player not worth max money?

oh that's right this is spurstalk where we only focus on the last 2 games

Kiwi is great. No one disputes that. And compared to Melo, Dwight, Kobe etc. he Is young and will probably get even better. To me, the last two games mean little because he despite what anyone says has never been the #1 for his team yet. Maybe like Harden once that happens he will blossom and be worth 117 million. But no I would not pay anyone $117 million unless there names are Lebron, ADavis, healthy Durant, Blake G, and maybe Russ/Steph/Harden ...MAYBE.

No to Aldridge, Gasol, Jimmy Butler at that price. Kiwi is close like many have said 90 million? Maybe. But if he holds out for next year's $117 million i say no.

Phillip
05-08-2015, 01:08 PM
His annual won't be so much more than Parsons and he's obviously worth more than Parsons.

cant handle the ball, cant shoot unless wide open, overrated defender, no footwork, yet a max contract

:lmao leonard

Agloco
05-08-2015, 01:35 PM
Would be stupid to base it on his playoff performance.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2015, 01:49 PM
cant handle the ball, cant shoot unless wide open, overrated defender, no footwork, yet a max contract

He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability.

Infinite_limit
05-08-2015, 01:59 PM
He has Tony Parker type quickness and finishing, Derrick Rose explosiveness and athletic ability, and damn near Steve Nash level jump-shooting ability.
Jimmy Butler?

Clipper Nation
05-08-2015, 02:03 PM
Jimmy Butler?

Butler is no Roddy "The Savior" Beaubois.

DMC
05-08-2015, 04:03 PM
I see what you did there.

Killakobe81
05-08-2015, 04:08 PM

LOL

unleashbaynes
05-08-2015, 10:32 PM

Franklin
05-08-2015, 10:39 PM
glad to see him getting PAID, nigga is worth that money tbh.