PDA

View Full Version : FEMA To Hide New Orleans Deceased

Nbadan
09-08-2005, 04:30 AM
KATRINA'S AFTERMATH
FEMA Wants No Photos of Dead
From Reuters
September 7, 2005

NEW ORLEANS — The U.S. agency leading Hurricane Katrina rescue efforts said Tuesday that it does not want the news media to photograph the dead as they are recovered.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency, heavily criticized for its slow response to the devastation caused by the hurricane, rejected journalists' requests to accompany rescue boats searching for storm victims.

An agency spokeswoman said space was needed on the rescue boats.

"We have requested that no photographs of the deceased be made by the media," the spokeswoman said in an e-mail.

LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-photos7sep07,1,5455941.story?coll=la-headlines-nation)

Wonder why they didn't feel the same way after 911? It was breaking news on every channel every time a body was removed from the WTC. Of course that was helping Bush's poll numbers then. There is no political gain for Bush from the recovery of Katrina's bodies.

AFE7FATMAN
09-08-2005, 04:58 AM
so
The Govt has hide the bodies of those dead and injured as they come back from Iraq and Afganistan, :oops and noone raised any hell about that. What's the beef now :rolleyes

Al Sharpton
09-08-2005, 05:33 AM
so
The Govt has hide the bodies of those dead and injured as they come back from Iraq and Afganistan, :oops and noone raised any hell about that. What's the beef now :rolleyes

Psssssst! I hate to break it to you but....we don't live in IRAQ

Those men and women went to war to die for Bush , So if Bush wants to hide their bodies? it's his call. Besides , we already know the death toll as it comes in, We must honor them.

The people in N.O. did not ask to die, this is a huge disaster, the world needs to see the truth, Just like Jones town. Unless your thinking it might make Bush look bad, then go ahead and try to hide the truth as you dig yourselves an embarrasing hole , feel free to dig as deep as you want, soon the truth will be told, and the world will see how much alike Bush is to Saddam after all.

jochhejaam
09-08-2005, 06:52 AM
KATRINA'S AFTERMATH
FEMA Wants No Photos of Dead
From Reuters
September 7, 2005

LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-photos7sep07,1,5455941.story?coll=la-headlines-nation)

Wonder why they didn't feel the same way after 911? It was breaking news on every channel every time a body was removed from the WTC. Of course that was helping Bush's poll numbers then. There is no political gain for Bush from the recovery of Katrina's bodies.

I could see an outcry over showing the corpses, but an outcry because they're not?
Only the most cynical would object to them not showing corpses.

As I've suggested before, seek help Dan.

Vashner
09-08-2005, 07:18 AM
I don't think the body picture thing came from Bush.. it's more likely some dumbass lower in the food chain.

mouse
09-08-2005, 07:46 AM
It's about censorship. Not about getting off on watching dead humans, You Igmo's can't be that numb, Your worried about a few dead bodies, and yet you have all 6 Faces of Death VHS tapes in your collections. The only reason they don't want to show the bodies is because they want this thing to pass without getting the whole world in an uproar, They want America to forget about the horror, They are worried someone will lose there job for sure, kinda like when you hide your underwear deep in the laundry basket cuz it has a huge skid mark, Your embarrassed, and your hoping no one will find out,

I can just imagine how TV would be if most of you in here had your way, You can say good bye to Sopranos and HBO. Not to mention A&E, God forbid they show schindler's list on TV you might go into a coma.

You can't have it both ways, you show Bush when he hugs a black girl, why can't you show the black girls father in a body bag? And you talk about the democrats being flip floppers? What do you all watch 24/7? the Cartoon channel?

Those people are dead and we are all to blame, we deserve to suffer also, just be glad your not one of the bodies in the bag, so STFU, and change the channel if it bothers you like I change the channel when Bush is talking. :lmao

JoeChalupa
09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
I concur.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Damn. Have any of you ever seen a body after being in water for several days? There's a reason that they don't want those pictures leading the nightly news, and it's not to cover anyone in the administration's ass, that's for sure.

When I was at A&M several of us who assisted teaching diving were recruited for the Houston area search and rescue team to be divers, before we got into it too deep they showed us some pictures of the average body recovered after different amounts of time.

That was enough for myself and pretty much everyone else not to want to face the prospect of coming face to face with after a week in the water that we said no thanks.

You want them to show the bodies, with their skin rotted and falling off? That's some sick shit. Half this country would be in therapy after the fact.

Knock off the partisan bullshit and realize they have a good reason for it.

travis2
09-08-2005, 08:46 AM
The media doesn't want to photograph body bags.

They want to photograph bloated bodies floating in the water.

THAT'S what FEMA is wanting to crack down on.

And I don't have a problem with that one bit.

travis2
09-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Damn. Have any of you ever seen a body after being in water for several days? There's a reason that they don't want those pictures leading the nightly news, and it's not to cover anyone in the administration's ass, that's for sure.

When I was at A&M several of us who assisted teaching diving were recruited for the Houston area search and rescue team to be divers, before we got into it too deep they showed us some pictures of the average body recovered after different amounts of time.

That was enough for myself and pretty much everyone else not to want to face the prospect of coming face to face with after a week in the water that we said no thanks.

You want them to show the bodies, with their skin rotted and falling off? That's some sick shit. Half this country would be in therapy after the fact.

Knock off the partisan bullshit and realize they have a good reason for it.

What he said...

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 09:09 AM
FEMA's trying to squash dissent against hurricanes.

ChumpDumper
09-08-2005, 09:17 AM
If we allow pictures of bodies, the hurricanes have already won.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh, and to add to my original thoughts, that was just a body in normal water. That's not even factoring in the toxic waste, chemicals, gasoline, and whatever else is in the water in NO.

Consider a sheriff's deputy that came into contact with the water on Monday got chemical burns from it.

Like I said, no one wants to see those pictures, and the fact that asshats like Dan are trying to make it into some sort of half-assed political issue is pretty sick.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-08-2005, 09:45 AM
Oh, and to add to my original thoughts, that was just a body in normal water. That's not even factoring in the toxic waste, chemicals, gasoline, and whatever else is in the water in NO.

Consider a sheriff's deputy that came into contact with the water on Monday
got chemical burns from it.
Like I said, no one wants to see those pictures, and the fact that asshats like Dan are trying to make it into some sort of half-assed political issue is pretty sick.
For real?? damn!

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Well, I wouldn't go that far... I think demand for images of the dead should be dictated by the audience, not FEMA. I don't think it's likely that you would see decomposed bodies on minstream news. That said, I don't think the government needs to ACCOMMODATE the Press by allowing them to accompany the rescue boats either.

Money316
09-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I could see an outcry over showing the corpses, but an outcry because they're not?
Only the most cynical would object to them not showing corpses.

As I've suggested before, seek help Dan.

Excellent point; but too logical for the dumb shit liberals to agree with, much less strategically derive on their own.

:fro :fro :fro

mouse
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM
You guys talk a good game, But I am willing to bet If they took a picture of one of the so called bloated bodies everyone in here would click on the link at least once.

And besides , if many of you already know what a bloated body looks like? Then your just as guilty as others for looking at it yourself, now your going to lecture others? why can't those who never seen one get a look for themselves? why are you so special?

As for me it's about censorship. I don't give a rats ass about seeing a naked bloated body , If I want to see one that bad? I can get out the photo album and look at pictures of my Ex wife.

The answer to this is simple. Let the news crews film the bodies , and then put a black bar ,or blurr it out when it hits the TV. That way both sides are happy.

mouse
09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
If we allow pictures of bodies, the hurricanes have already won.

So if they don't show the pictures then we won?
I don't think there are any winners in this deal. If you think so, then go tell that to the people who lost many loved ones, I am sure they could use some good news.

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 11:10 AM
I think you missed his joke, Mouse.

mouse
09-08-2005, 11:13 AM
I think you missed his joke, Mouse.

Not really , I am just waiting for the punch line
:smokin

Marcus Bryant
09-08-2005, 11:16 AM
This forum was facing either a thread about FEMA concealing images of the victims or a thread about FEMA"s failure to protect the dignity of the dead and it ended up with the former.

Fucking awesome.

mouse
09-08-2005, 11:19 AM
welcome to the www.................

http://www.newhousenews.com/images/NNS_KATRINA_FEMACHIEF.jpg

Looter
09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
To hell with them bloated bodies, thats more beer for me....

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 11:40 AM
And besides , if many of you already know what a bloated body looks like? Then your just as guilty as others for looking at it yourself, now your going to lecture others?

Due to my diving expertise and a lack of local resources in Houston and surrounding areas, they were trying to recruit divers for search and rescue/recovery teams to be deployed in the Houston area in case of a plane crash in a lake, drownings, etc.

At the end of the recruiting process it was laid out that water and what's in it does bad things to a body, and a lot of rescuers had serious problems dealing with that. SO they said it was part of their procedures and a requirement before we could begin training that we had to see some pics - a day after submergence, a week, two weeks, a month, a year.

At the time we were all thinking "how bad could it be?" Pretty bad. One of the guys actually puked. Trust me, it's not a pleasant site - water rots the flesh, fish eat skin, chemicals eat skin, you don't want any part of that showing up on the front page of Express News.

why can't those who never seen one get a look for themselves? why are you so special?

Again, having seen it, it's not something I wish on anyone. I've already seen bodies floating face down thanks to CNN, Dallas Morning News, New York Times, etc. Don't need to see a body with the face rotted off on the front page one Sunday, and neither does the rest of America.

mouse you're a funny guy and I have no ill will towards you over anything, but this is one place I think FEMA has got it right (one of the few in the aftermath of this disaster).

whottt
09-08-2005, 11:44 AM
They definitely need to show the pictures of the rotting dead...Fuck the 250,000 or so of their traumatized relatives and children trying to recover from the worst disaster in US history.

Shit...some of those kids might be able to recognize a parent or sibling...half a rotted face or no.

Jelly
09-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I know that if my picture ever appears on TV, I would not want it to be when my body is in a repulsive, rotting state. I do think it is callous and extremely disrespectful to show gruesome images of people in such horrible condition. You can show them covered with a blanket. Everyone deserves a measure of dignity... even when they are dead.

Jelly
09-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Dan, now why don't you just get back to one of your beheading videos (I'm sure you've downloaded a few)

Hook Dem
09-08-2005, 12:02 PM
I know that if my picture ever appears on TV, I would not want it to be when my body is in a repulsive, rotting state. I do think it is callous and extremely disrespectful to show gruesome images of people in such horrible condition. You can show them covered with a blanket. Everyone deserves a measure of dignity... even when they are dead.
Well said Jelly!

Jelly
09-08-2005, 12:02 PM
thanks

Looter
09-08-2005, 12:58 PM
To bad this is about dead people, but I am not for censorship,
can you all see my point?

mouse
09-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Due to my diving expertise and a lack of local resources in Houston and surrounding areas, they were trying to recruit divers for search and rescue/recovery teams to be deployed in the Houston area in case of a plane crash in a lake, drownings, etc.

At the end of the recruiting process it was laid out that water and what's in it does bad things to a body, and a lot of rescuers had serious problems dealing with that. SO they said it was part of their procedures and a requirement before we could begin training that we had to see some pics - a day after submergence, a week, two weeks, a month, a year.

At the time we were all thinking "how bad could it be?" Pretty bad. One of the guys actually puked. Trust me, it's not a pleasant site - water rots the flesh, fish eat skin, chemicals eat skin, you don't want any part of that showing up on the front page of Express News.

Again, having seen it, it's not something I wish on anyone. I've already seen bodies floating face down thanks to CNN, Dallas Morning News, New York Times, etc. Don't need to see a body with the face rotted off on the front page one Sunday, and neither does the rest of America.

mouse you're a funny guy and I have no ill will towards you over anything, but this is one place I think FEMA has got it right (one of the few in the aftermath of this disaster).

Dam good post, ^ :smokin

You guys make it sound Like I get off on Gore, and death, It's not like I am going to be glued to the TV with a bag of pork skins in my hand,

Like I said why not put a black Dot to cover the bodies? Did you notice they showed many dead people on the bridge, and in wheel chairs? I really don't want to see anything dead, Dog , or human, In fact I have a spam sandwich here I still can't eat since this topic was started,

I just don't think censorship is the right move, what about freedom of the press? Is that not an American right, what many have died defending?

Debbie Downer
09-08-2005, 01:22 PM
This flood is a real downer...........

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 01:23 PM
All that said, I have no problem with body bags. But this original article seems to take issue with the government not wanting cameras along for boat rides when they're recovering the bodies.

There's no reason for the press to be there for that, and going on two weeks now since the disaster I don't think any of the images they could come up with are going to be suitable for anyone this side of sanity.

SpursWoman
09-08-2005, 01:24 PM
The only purpose those pictures would serve is to sell magazines or hoist ratings, so a bunch of strangers can gawk over others' tragedy.

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 01:24 PM
This flood is a real downer...........

You know, the "Debbie Downer" handle has a lot of potential that I don't believe is being fully tapped.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Some of the pics I've seen of compassionate Bush are enough to make me barf up a lung.

mouse
09-08-2005, 01:31 PM
I am still waiting on my FEMA screen name to be activated.

I don't know what takes longer Kori, or FEMA :lmao

The Ressurrected One
09-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Some of the pics I've seen of compassionate Bush are enough to make me barf up a lung.
Really? A moment caught in the click of a shutter... You're easily nauseated.

Deadbeat Dad
09-08-2005, 01:36 PM
I wonder if pictures of Monica blowing Clinton would be just as bad, :lmao

ElMuerto
09-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Death is a part of life and anyone who can't see that the real reason FEMA does not want pictures taken is that it will show how tragic this disaster was. Those who do not wish to see can continue to be blind to the reality of the situation.

CharlieMac
09-08-2005, 01:41 PM
The only purpose those pictures would serve is to sell magazines or hoist ratings, so a bunch of strangers can gawk over others' tragedy.

That's it plain and simple.

I think we can all agree that there is nothing wrong with showing a dead body covered, or in a bodybag, not that we need to see that but you know, whatever gets the ratings.

However pics of bloated bodies on teh front page of CNN.com? Unneccassary.

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 01:42 PM
CNN probably wouldn't show them on the front page. It would be bad business.

SpursWoman
09-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Death is a part of life and anyone who can't see that the real reason FEMA does not want pictures taken is that it will show how tragic this disaster was. Those who do not wish to see can continue to be blind to the reality of the situation.

It doesn't take horrifying pictures of people that have parished in a disaster that wiped out a 90,000 square mile area including a major metropolitain American city to enlighten people to the reality of the situation.

I'd take extreme exception to people gawking over a picture of a friend or loved one of mine that had met that type of demise.

The purpose of those types of pictures is not to educate people...they are to shock and horrify them so they can't turn away....like people on the highway approaching an accident looking for blood on the ground. They have a word for people like that....they're called rubber-neckers. And they buy magazines and watch the news. Gore sells magazines and increases ratings, and if you think otherwise, well....I don't know what to tell you.

The body bags and what they've shown so far has been disturbing enough.

Vashner
09-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Dude I can handle the carnage...

If you can live thru a George Romero movie....

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 02:17 PM

I'm not blinded by the reality of the situation. I do, however, have images of bodies submerged for anywhere from a day to a year seared into my brain. Can you say the same?

Again, there is no good, sane, justification anyone can have for wanting those pics out there.

Quit with the politics shit, America doesn't need to see those pics.

xrayzebra
09-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Another dumb argument. No media would show the bodies anyhow, and
Dan as usual you are full of yourself. They never showed any bodies after
9/11.

ElMuerto
09-08-2005, 02:25 PM
It doesn't take horrifying pictures of people that have parished in a disaster that wiped out a 90,000 square mile area including a major metropolitain American city to enlighten people to the reality of the situation.

Was that a sick attempt at humor or just a freudian slip?

And nobody is making "America" see this for you have the right to NOT read the papers, NOT watch TV and just listen to the radio and make up your own images in your head.

Marcus Bryant
09-08-2005, 02:32 PM

...and images of hundreds, if not thousands, of body bags wouldn't make that clear?

I know if I had someone close to me die due to that storm the last thing I'd want is to see an image of their corpse spread all over the internets.

And I very well could have. Just found out last Friday morning I didn't.

SpursWoman
09-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Was that a sick attempt at humor or just a freudian slip?

And nobody is making "America" see this for you have the right to NOT read the papers, NOT watch TV and just listen to the radio and make up your own images in your head.

It was a typo.

There is no logical, humane reason whatsoever for those pictures. But I guess those people and their families don't deserve any respect or compassion because some sick, twisted freaks can't find enough gore on the internet.

Whatever.

Marklar MM
09-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Personally, I can do without looking at bodies that have been sitting in diseased water for 9 days. They won't even look human.

MiNuS
09-08-2005, 02:53 PM
this is very differrent from 09/11 and Iraq.

Today is the 105th anniversery of the deadly hurricane that killed over 6000 people.Some say 12,000. If you see those pictures of the dead they are shown covered.

at least then the slow reaction from the government would have been blamed on not having the same communication as we do today and having no airplanes.

Galveston is now a sleepy city on the bay and Houston became the big city.

JohnnyMarzetti
09-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Well you know what?

Many don't like to be reminded of the mistakes this administration is and has made and they are reminded everytime they see Dubya's smirk splattered all over the internet.

Now that is cruel and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Marklar MM
09-08-2005, 03:56 PM
Well you know what?

Many don't like to be reminded of the mistakes this administration is and has made and they are reminded everytime they see Dubya's smirk splattered all over the internet.

Now that is cruel and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Hypocritical. Hypocritical. :)

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 04:36 PM

Yeah, because the media was giving me a heads up on TV before they showed pictures of bodies floating in the water or laying on the road, and the newspaper stands outside the 7-11 were broadcasting an audible warning that the front page of the paper had a dead person laying on the concrete.

You may be a cold, heartless prick with an agenda, but I don't wish those images I saw on any one in this country, even people making an issue out of this crap like you and Dan.

ElMuerto
09-08-2005, 04:51 PM
Yeah, because the media was giving me a heads up on TV before they showed pictures of bodies floating in the water or laying on the road, and the newspaper stands outside the 7-11 were broadcasting an audible warning that the front page of the paper had a dead person laying on the concrete.

You may be a cold, heartless prick with an agenda, but I don't wish those images I saw on any one in this country, even people making an issue out of this crap like you and Dan.

Agenda? WTF are you talking about? I don't wish death and dispair on anyone but pictures don't hurt me that much.

Hell you must have an agenda of your own since you are making an issue of this yourself with your own crap.

Don't dish it out if you can't handle it.

SpursWoman
09-08-2005, 05:00 PM
but pictures don't hurt me that much.

If it was your 4 year old daughter, or your mother...or your best friend with half of their skull rotted off, empty eye sockets and missing appendages would it bother you?

None of our (well, mine anyway) protests about the pictures are about you and whether or not you could handle it. Provided, of course, that you don't have any unaccounted for family or friends in the affected areas.

Useruser666
09-08-2005, 05:04 PM
I think most have missed what the first quote actually said.

NEW ORLEANS — The U.S. agency leading Hurricane Katrina rescue efforts said Tuesday that it does not want the news media to photograph the dead as they are recovered.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency, heavily criticized for its slow response to the devastation caused by the hurricane, rejected journalists' requests to accompany rescue boats searching for storm victims.

An agency spokeswoman said space was needed on the rescue boats.

"We have requested that no photographs of the deceased be made by the media," the spokeswoman said in an e-mail.

I don't think it's against the constitution to not allow a journalist along for rescue recovery photo ride alongs. It surely can be argued that they would be in the way of the job at hand, and that would take the most priority. Once again, FEMA is not BANNING pictures of the deceased, just not facilitating anyone to take the photos.

Get a grip people, it's not like they're not letting people take pictures of New Orleans.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 05:07 PM
I don't wish death and dispair on anyone but pictures don't hurt me that much.

1. Have you actually seen what decomposing bodies in water look like? If not, STFU.

2. That's right, it's not about you - it's about people seeing pictures of the ugly, disfigured, rotten corpses that could be their friends and family (or maybe they just have a heart, weak stomach, etc.).

Plus like I said, there's a lot of people in this country who ARE bothered by that kind of thing, and they deserve to not be exposed to that.

I know if I had kids or a wife, I wouldn't want them exposed to what I've seen. Sorry you don't seem to get it. It's not about you, it's about being respectful - both to those who died, their friends and family, and to those in America who don't want to see that kind of thing.

FromWayDowntown
09-08-2005, 05:10 PM
I don't get the fascination with seeing either bodies or body bags. The number of deaths from this will be staggering. Do we really need a visual to get that point driven home? I mean, isn't a number enough? If a number isn't enough, can't we get to the same point by analogy? Will it be enough if they only show a picture or two? I mean, if the point is to have a visual of the carnage, can we really be satisfied if we don't see a display of all of the body bags in the same place at the same time? Isn't that the point of showing bodies or body bags in the first place?

And don't talk to me about censorship. If the media doesn't have the common sense to respect the dead in their reporting, they don't deserve the protections of the First Amendment. It seems to me, to this point, that the media has been appropriately reserved in showing us the horrendous scenes that exist in New Orleans. Self-censorship does not implicate the First Amendment and is a hallmark of a civilized society.

At bottom, this is again about taking catastrophe and trying to politicize it for some marginal gain. Politics for the sake of politics, without any regard for simple concepts of human decency, is appalling. The hair-triggered willingness to so quickly demean a national tragedy into a partisan political issue is just unseemly.

Extra Stout
09-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Not showing rotted, bloated corpses on television seems like common sense.

Obviously what the lefties want is to be able to shove those images in people's faces and find a way to make people associate the horror with George W. Bush.

Such people are not bound by the restraints of normal human decency.

jochhejaam
09-08-2005, 05:23 PM
It's about censorship. Not about getting off on watching dead humans,

It's not about censorship, it's about respect for the families of the dead and good taste. Unfortunately we have people who delight in the macabre and want a view of the corpses.

We have a bridge being built in our city and a huge crane gave way killing 6 workers. One media outlet, in their race to be the first one airing the tradegy was showing a live shot of one of the workers that had been nearly severed in half. They came under quite a bit of fire for this and issued an immediate apology.

I'm sure there are websites out there where fools can get their jollies by viewing mutilated, dead bodies.

jochhejaam
09-08-2005, 05:28 PM
I can just imagine how TV would be if most of you in here had your way, You can say good bye to Sopranos and HBO. Not to mention A&E, God forbid they show schindler's list on TV you might go into a coma. :lmao

Comparing the dead americans corpses that perished in a catastrophic natural disaster to television? And the whole thngs funny? You pathetic souless sick dude!

Life's just all fun and games, huh? You have to be the class clown even in a thread as sensitive as this...loser!

JohnnyMarzetti
09-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Not showing rotted, bloated corpses on television seems like common sense.

Obviously what the lefties want is to be able to shove those images in people's faces and find a way to make people associate the horror with George W. Bush.

Such people are not bound by the restraints of normal human decency.

No more than you bible thumping righties want to shove images of dead fetuses in people's faces! Hypocrites!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 05:39 PM
No more than you bible thumping righties want to shove images of dead fetuses in people's faces! Hypocrites!!!

Hey, don't judge us all by our worst specimens, that shit pisses me off just as much as it does anyone else.

Extra Stout
09-08-2005, 05:41 PM
No more than you bible thumping righties want to shove images of dead fetuses in people's faces! Hypocrites!!!So you want to see the mutilated corpses of victims on TV then?

I guess morally you're the same as people who blow up abortion clinics.

Spurminator
09-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Johnny-On-the-Spot with another "You did it first :rolleyes" post.

How refreshing.

Extra Stout
09-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey, don't judge us all by our worst specimens, that shit pisses me off just as much as it does anyone else.
Well, there are two kinds of monkeys: extreme leftie and extreme rightie. They're very similar, and they can't figure out that most of us aren't monkeys.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-08-2005, 06:47 PM
^^^^^^^ Smartest thing I've read all day (outside of my own posts, of course ;) )

Hook Dem
09-08-2005, 07:04 PM
^^^^^^^ Smartest thing I've read all day (outside of my own posts, of course ;) )
:lol

The Ressurrected One
09-08-2005, 08:27 PM
If there’s anything we’ve learned from the ugly during-and-post-Katrina debate, it’s that these folks with whom we disagree so strongly... well, they’re gone, folks. Assimilated into the Kosorg Cube. There’s no point in arguing with them. They have concluded the disaster is Bush's fault, and nothing you say will dissuade them.

I was reading a wise, politically connected blogger yesterday, and was reminded how much of the American population doesn’t follow politics, particularly in an off-year, and doesn’t look at events like this through a political prism. And they don’t think much of us who do.

The vast majority of Americans aren’t watching the scenes of horror on their television, the pictures of despair in their newspapers, and looking for someone to blame. They want to see these people helped.

The “it’s all Chimpy McHitler’s fault” crowd is small, yet somehow has persuaded the high mucky-mucks in the Democratic party that they’re worth listening to. Some of their elected officials are echoing them. What they don’t realize is that the message coming through loud and clear to any casual listener is, “we are no use in a crisis.”

Jelly
09-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Good post TRO.

Dan, you'll be happy to know that CNN has just reported that they have received photographs depicting four mutilated bodies- 3 men, 1 woman- in the convention center. The correspondent said they are grisly, shocking, and too grosteque to show on television. But they'll be on the web soon so the freaks of the world can get their fix.

Those poor people. Damn.

Marcus Bryant
09-08-2005, 08:56 PM

Somebody has a few issues they need to work out...

Useruser666
09-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Both of those types of people are nuts. If you can't see they're both extremes then your just being short sighted.

SpursWoman
09-08-2005, 11:35 PM
i hate to play devil's advocate
but user666 is right

:lol :lol

I like playing the devil's advocate... :eyebrows

CalsonicKansei
09-08-2005, 11:58 PM
This is stupid Dan, you are obviously trying to place the blame on W, when its not his fault, its the local governments fault. You are trying to make this some Michael Moore bullshit, when we should be helping people not trying to see what a rotted face looks like, you know what Dan, if you want to see what people really look like, go to NO, and voulunteer to help clean up otherwise shut the fuck up. The democrats have really got issues within their own party and its in shambles, you can't even make this a joint effort you have to blame someone. Dean won't ever get my vote he's a freak, and so is Kerry. Try to at least be a little more logical in you're arguments.

Vashner
09-09-2005, 12:43 AM
NEWSFLASH...

Bush at NBADan's house.... He's covering something.. wait.. he took the camera and.. hold on.. Bush is shitting on NBAdan's lawn.. oh man..

boutons
09-09-2005, 01:14 AM
"NEWSFLASH..."

yet another brilliant contribution to the issues from Vashner.

"you are obviously trying to place the blame on W"

well, big fucking "duh". shrub/Repug's political assholes have ruined FEMA.

"when its not his fault"

So just where does the buck stop in accountability-free Repug fantasy world? There were fuckups up and down the line, but the Repugs are sliming the city/state levels exclusively in a shameless sliming campaign to avoid all accountability at the top.

Vashner
09-09-2005, 01:28 AM
They hide the body shots for family reasons..

This whole thread is tin foil..

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 01:47 AM
I WANT THE BODIES TO BE SHOWN
over and over again - we don't need closeups.
but if enough people keep seeing the bodies, maybe they will raise so much hell that the f'n politicians will do something besides throw $ at the problem.

Wouldn't it be great if this got "Washington/Politicians" out of their million dollar homes and stoped spending $ for Pork and started them along the path to rebuilding America?

IMO FAT CHANCE, but it would be nice.

and BTW what are they going to do with the bodies?
IS Everyone going to get there own grave. Urn?
Who is going to pay for It.
OMG- MASS GRAVES?

whottt
09-09-2005, 01:49 AM
and BTW what are they going to do with the bodies?
IS Everyone going to get there own grave. Urn?
Who is going to pay for It.
OMG- MASS GRAVES?

Their main goal is going to be to find a place to preserve them until they can all be identified, someplace cold, huge morgues.

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Their main goal is going to be to find a place to preserve them until they can all be identified, someplace cold, huge morgues.

Than What?

Come pick up Your relative?
If you don't you will be billed, hit up at tax time? etc
How many days can you hold them?
Who is going to pay for the embombing?
and just where do you put 10,000 + bodies
The Govt is still trying to identify some bodies from the Vietnam War

Goals are nice? Wonder what FEMA's goal was before Katrina Struck?

whottt
09-09-2005, 02:11 AM
Than What?

Come pick up Your relative?
If you don't you will be billed, hit up at tax time? etc
How many days can you hold them?
Who is going to pay for the embombing?
and just where do you put 10,000 + bodies
The Govt is still trying to identify some bodies from the Vietnam War

Goals are nice? Wonder what FEMA's goal was before Katrina Struck?

Dunno...but I doubt there will be mass graves...especially in NO, there is no place to put one below the water table.

They can hold them for months....they are still identifying the bodies from the Tsunami...they still have many of them on ice.

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 02:28 AM
...they still have many of them on ice.

WHY?

whottt
09-09-2005, 02:43 AM
WHY?

Because they are still trying to identify the bodies...

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 02:53 AM
How long do you spend $ to identify Bodies?
6 months, 30 years?
IMO, simply save the DNA.
The persons sole is gone. I don't need to bury a body. I don't need a place to go to and CRY, Mourn/Remember my loved one.

I got a few answers but still no idea where the bodies will be buried.

I could not get the link to work but according to an article in the Express-news for today the Morgue is being set up by FEMA in St Gabriel La 70 miles West from NO.

FEMA and state officials point out it is up to the state and not the FEDS to identify the dead.

FOR THOSE WHOSE KIN CAN BE LOCATED, their bodies will be turned over to the family. Others will be buried by the state and can be transferred when a NOK is identified.

The state hopes to have an assitance center in operation soon to give families seeking information.

AFE7FATMAN
09-09-2005, 05:07 AM
Bump for comments.

Clandestino
09-09-2005, 08:06 AM
what i haven't heard is reports of alligators eating bodies...

Useruser666
09-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Are you on something? Cause you're surely not ON TO something. What do you want them to do with the bodies, throw them out after a day? Burn them? They are just trying to locate and collect as many as they can right now. Give them some time to try and complete that first. Then give the families of those victims some time to find them and give them a proper funeral. After all the damage of Katrina, the least thing I'm worried about is the cost of the funerals and keeping the bodies preserved.

Aggie Hoopsfan
09-09-2005, 09:39 AM
Well there you go Dan, you got your pics...

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/09/09/katrina.evac.ap/top.katrina.fri1.ap.jpg

mouse
09-09-2005, 09:44 AM
what are they going to do with the bodies?

SR is sending a moderator to see if they can add their names to their members list,

SpursWoman
09-09-2005, 09:47 AM
SR is sending a moderator to see if they can add their names to their members list,

oh fuck.....I just choked on my gum. Thanks.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Clandestino
09-09-2005, 09:49 AM
those are the types of people sr would like.. someone who doesn't say anything

mouse
09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
those are the types of people sr would like.. someone who doesn't say anything

^ :lmao

If you took the posters SR has banned so far , you could fill 5 astro Domes.

Jelly
09-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Well there you go Dan, you got your pics...

http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/US/09/09/katrina.evac.ap/top.katrina.fri1.ap.jpg

Aggie, those bodies are covered up. Dan and his friends want to see the rotting flesh, remember?

Vashner
09-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Woah.. on Mexican tv news they showed lot of gore today...