PDA

View Full Version : Rate Pops 2015 Playoffs Basketball I.Q.

MultiTroll
05-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Tony Parker.
Beaten by Doc Rivers and the Clipps.

DPG21920
05-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Derrick Rose SAT levels.

RD2191
05-06-2015, 11:04 PM
Derrick Rose SAT levels.
:lmao

Mr. Body
05-06-2015, 11:22 PM
Poor. Played Parker over Mills too much. Hack a Jordan was a bust, he lost Game 6 with it, killed our momentum and a 10 point lead. Last play was a lob pass against a more athletic team that knows lobs better than anybody. Bad job all around.

spursparker9
05-06-2015, 11:33 PM
Under 60. Worst series of his career.

Sean Cagney
05-06-2015, 11:49 PM
He had a horrible series coaching, overall though his IQ must be pretty high being he is considered one of the best coaches ever (Some say best in the game today). He had his dumb ass moments during that series though, good lord.

ElNono
05-07-2015, 12:24 AM
It wasn't his best series, but it's not his fault his guys can't hit wide open shots, tbh...

BTW, we have a Pollyanna Poppers meeting coming up May 24th at the Chick-fil-A in DeZavala Road. Tea and Coconut Macaroons will be served. Feel free to join us to discuss Pop's greatest literary moments.

100%duncan
05-07-2015, 12:37 AM
Retarded

Mikeanaro
05-07-2015, 12:42 AM
Some players werent hitting shots but on the other hand some other guys were on fire so I blame Pop for his weak decisions, including Parker, hacks, the whole Beli-Mills assassination, my vote is 60-64.

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 09:14 AM
It wasn't his best series, but it's not his fault his guys can't hit wide open shots, tbh...

BTW, we have a Pollyanna Poppers meeting coming up May 24th at the Chick-fil-A in DeZavala Road. Tea and Coconut Macaroons will be served. Feel free to join us to discuss Pop's greatest literary moments.
Like Patty Mills.
And on fire Belli. Get the ball out of those guys hands and into Parkers.

Splendid on the meeting. Can we set aside time to channel that Pop will be back for another playoff run? Hopefully we won't run into another HOF coach like Doc.

I did not see your vote, unless you voted with an alt.

Skull-1
05-07-2015, 10:46 AM
Worst poll ever.

cantthinkofanything
05-07-2015, 10:54 AM
He's won 5 rings and continually keeps this team in the top tier. He does make mistakes that seem obvious but he's got a method that's been proven over time.

That same inflexibility that leaves Parker in the game has also won 5 rings. If he started second tinkering with shit all the time or second guessing himself, he'd be Don Nelson or Larry Brown or something less.

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Worst poll ever.
Did you use your alt to vote?:
100% I'd blow Pop anytime anywhere. And have.

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 11:18 AM
He's won 5 rings and continually keeps this team in the top tier. He does make mistakes that seem obvious but he's got a method that's been proven over time.

That same inflexibility that leaves Parker in the game has also won 5 rings. If he started second tinkering with shit all the time or second guessing himself, he'd be Don Nelson or Larry Brown or something less.
Player of his era Tim Duncan
Prime GNob
Prime Parker (2003 - 2007)
Prime Bowen
GOAT role player Robert Horry. Also Steve Kerr. Steven Jackson at his best.
More.

That's where the rings came from.
Had he done the slightest bit of "tinkering" in about 4 other seasons we'd had rung and repeated.

"To he whom much has been given, much will be expected"

ElNono
05-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Like Patty Mills.
And on fire Belli. Get the ball out of those guys hands and into Parkers.

Splendid on the meeting. Can we set aside time to channel that Pop will be back for another playoff run? Hopefully we won't run into another HOF coach like Doc.

I did not see your vote, unless you voted with an alt.

voted now

urunobili
05-07-2015, 12:08 PM
That jinx beard though...

DMC
05-07-2015, 12:29 PM
He made some bad moves, but he has loyalties and relationships with players that you and I don't have. They aren't chess pieces on a board where you can just calculate material value and sacrifice them for better end game chances. It's basketball, sure, but they basically live with each other and have for most of Tony's adult life. Pop won't throw Tony under the bus even if he thought it might lead them to the next round, because once he got there they'd still be fucked without a TP style PG to do what Tony used to be able to do to defenses. Cory can't do it, Patty cannot do it. They can win you a game, but they cannot win you a series. Pop knows this.

What I do fault Pop for was micromanaging momentum in San Antonio and, in the process, taking the fans out of the game, because it sends a mixed signal to fans and to players. On one hand, he cannot/will not throw Tony under the bus even though Tony isn't getting it done. On the other, he'll throw the entire team under the bus during a surge in momentum, a what, 17pt turn around in SA, and stopping all momentum. If Pop was the kind to do whatever it takes to win, that's fine, just a bad call there. He's shown that he'll stop short of certain moves he needs to make though, leaning more towards personal relationships and preferential treatment/respect for tenure. That's fine too, but don't do it both ways. Either of those things could have been overcome, but not both.

Playing Manu in the last game of the season several years ago.. bad decision in retrospect (bad in advance as well)
Pulling Tim Duncan in game 6 in the final seconds... really bad decision
Letting Manu throw the game away in the 4th and in OT...... more player tenure loyalty leading to bad decisions
This playoffs... already mentioned

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Tinkering with what works.....

To the contrary. In summer 2005 we were the toast of the NBA. Got role player Mike Finley on the cheap to add to our superb repeat chances.
We farking steamroll thru the reg season AND round 1 with Tall Balls. When we had the Kings on the ropes, Pop leaves Parker in while an obviously unmedicated and about to go off ape, namely Ron Artest is still on the floor in stalker mode. Farking lays out Parker on a drive and he is now 60% for the Mavs series.
Why in the hell was he in the game up 20 with a quarter to go?

But lets get to the real tinkering part. Pulls out our Tall frontline and tinkers with Mike Finley at power forward guarding Dirk. What a farking joke.
That is changing in reaction to rookie coach Avery Johnson. Not at all sticking to what got us there.

2008 he pulls Bowen off of faggot Kome and we choke off an 18 point lead.
There's more. Gifting lesser opponents our Champ chances is sickening.

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Derrick Rose SAT levels.

https://johnnycullen.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/christ-pratt-oh-snap-gif.gif?w=470&h=376

DPG21920
05-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Good point DMC. Pop was bad this series but many of his mistakes are hard to blame him for. Like TP. TP has done a lot for Pop & he trusts him. He couldn't yank him like he does Green because of the trust & big picture. Not the right move, but understandable.

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
Pop won't throw Tony under the bus
So boiled down the relationship between Pop n Tony is more important that the relationship of Timmy Duncan getting a deserved 6th title.
That's some bullshit there. Oh i'm not saying you agree with it, rather calling it for what it is.

even if he thought it might lead them to the next round, because once he got there they'd still be fucked without a TP style PG to do what Tony used to be able to do to defenses. Cory can't do it, Patty cannot do it. They can win you a game, but they cannot win you a series. Pop knows this.
Assumes facts not in evidence. As on fire as Patty was, no reason to think we could not have beat Houston also.
Clipps dismantled them in Game 1 without Chrissy Flop.
Cojo would auto suck? Im not buying that either, did great in fill in minutes last years playoffs.

cantthinkofanything
05-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Player of his era Tim Duncan
Prime GNob
Prime Parker (2003 - 2007)
Prime Bowen
GOAT role player Robert Horry. Also Steve Kerr. Steven Jackson at his best.
More.

And part of keeping that group together and putting the right pieces with them was due to his coaching.

DMC
05-07-2015, 01:08 PM
So boiled down the relationship between Pop n Tony is more important that the relationship of Timmy Duncan getting a deserved 6th title.
That's some bullshit there. Oh i'm not saying you agree with it, rather calling it for what it is.

One more title wouldn't change the relationship between Pop and Tim. If sitting Tim in a crucial moment in a closeout game for a ring didn't end the relationship, not much game related shit will. Tim and Tony have different personas, and Pop knows who's sensitive about what. Tim is a fucking brick wall, but Tony is a delicate pastry with creme filing oozing out the back side. Pop knows which one he can lean on and which one Boris will wrap his lips around.

Assumes facts not in evidence. As on fire as Patty was, no reason to think we could not have beat Houston also.
Cojo would auto suck? Im not buying that either, did great in fill in minutes last years playoffs.

Do you think Patty Mills should be a starting PG? Since he's on fire, shouldn't he start all game? Or do you just arbitrarily pick an "on fire" moment and leave him in until he starts missing shots?

Clipps dismantled us in Game 1 as well. Then beat us at home twice. As bad as Pop's calls were at times, he didn't ignore Matt Barnes on a back door cut.

dabom
05-07-2015, 01:09 PM

It's like people can't see this. Fuck you manu and tim. We losing in the first round. :lmao

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 01:17 PM
Tim and Tony have different personas, and Pop knows who's sensitive about what. Tim is a fucking brick wall, but Tony is a delicate pastry with creme filing oozing out the back side. Pop knows which one he can lean on and which one Boris will wrap his lips around.
Exactly. It's been to the complete detriment to the team to give sensitive Parker the pussy preferential treatment.

Do you think Patty Mills should be a starting PG? Since he's on fire, shouldn't he start all game? Or do you just arbitrarily pick an "on fire" moment and leave him in until he starts missing shots?
That would require a three syllable word being applied, that being an "ad just ment".
No i do not say Patty would have been on fire all game every game. Yes i leave Patty in when he is on fire.
I also go with Cojo as a backup.
Parker also plays limited minutes and i don't tolerate his ballhogging bullshit just because it may hurt his oozing pastry.
To the threads point, i and other find this years series vs the Clipps to be botched coaching big time.

And im sure the relationship between Popped and Tim does get better with a 6th.
Just because Tim is a brick wall does not make f'ing him over right.

DMC
05-07-2015, 01:22 PM
You can find bad coaching in any loss or win if you look at it closely enough. New Orleans was their Waterloo tbh, because that set the stage for their 1st round matchup. Now people are blaming divisions. Spurs had every opportunity to not shit the bed, but look at it.

dabom
05-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Parker going enrique during the pels game. :lmao

therealtruth
05-07-2015, 08:28 PM

Not only that. Monty Williams and Dell Demps jobs were more important than getting second seed and having a chance at a championship. Pop's too freaking soft and he wonders why the team comes out soft. No killer instinct whatsoever.

mkurts
05-07-2015, 08:50 PM
To be fair, 70 is about right.

He will outcoach a Dwane Casey ..
.... but no match for Bud, Doc or even Kerr

Silver&Black
05-07-2015, 08:57 PM
Why is OP using a grading system like A-F (100-60) when you're trying to figure out IQ levels.

I'm starting to question OPs IQ now tbqh.

BTW...I voted 100%. Only because I blew Pop once in the SA locker room. The date was June 15, 2014.

MultiTroll
05-08-2015, 09:15 AM
Why is OP using a grading system like A-F (100-60) when you're trying to figure out IQ levels.
Why not?
Mathematically more user friendly scale then the standard IQ tests formulated by retards.

Horse
05-08-2015, 12:32 PM
Funny we here all this loyalty but this same loyal to a fault coach pulled Timmy in game 6 when all we needed was a rebound to win it all.