PDA

View Full Version : why don't we just bring back same team?

testies
05-07-2015, 12:24 AM
the idiot popovich said monday he wants to retool the team

we all know this idiot is not a good decision maker, he just is a good practice guy (eventhough practice is 80% on the assitants..)

this team is clearly still the best team in the nba.. a series of bizarre events happened for clippers to win, along with excessive minutes for tony parker.. i could go on and on.. this same clippers will beat houston 4-2 comfortably, resting cp3

but nooo.. he wants to retool the team.. he probably think the team lost because of some systematic thing, not his retarded rotations and decision making.. he actually said players didn't step up, didn't take any blame whatsoever..

so, he will blow the team up, let important pieces go and do stupid shit as usual.. he probably thinks parker will get healthy and make him even more important.. i dont buy this health bullshit, he is just old and unathletic now

back to irrelevancy it is! 2008-2011 all over again

Dingle Barry
05-07-2015, 01:45 AM
I love how you go directly from insulting pop's decision making ability to calling the Spurs the best team in the league.

Aztecfan03
05-07-2015, 01:51 AM
A lesser Parker is a big reason why we can't just keep the same team.

Leetonidas
05-07-2015, 01:54 AM
OP consistently has some of the worst takes on ST tbh

It's like you don't realize shit that happened between 2008-2011 ultimately led the Spurs to where they are now

Strange Love
05-07-2015, 01:56 AM
This team does need to new blood.

Great run and I'm surprised he didn't dismantle it back in 2011 when the roster was looking mighty stale. But that's why he's a great coach. Hell even after that 8th seed debable this team was looking pretty done until the last few years. But this is really the time to get a few new pieces.

I wouldn't be upset at all if they ship the vag that is Splitter somewhere else for a decent big to compliment Duncan. Hell, Aldridge would be a great fit in SA. Duncan can even come off the bench.

I also can do without Manu at this stage. He's beyond done so keeping him around only hurts this team.

Mr. Body
05-07-2015, 08:40 AM
It was a mistake bringing back the same team as last year. Should have added one or two hungry guys into the mix, but didn't.

Ibleedslvrnblk
05-07-2015, 08:42 AM
There is some big time dead weight on the bench in Ayres, Bonner and Baynes. Although they provide during season in this series they proved worthless. You have no get something from at least one guy.

BillMc
05-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Except for some of the deep bench players like Ayres, it wouldn't be too bad to essentially bring back the same team. We are without a doubt as presently comprised one of the four best teams in the league and could contend next year. Plus maybe losing in the first round will motivate them.

That said, we know we need to get younger and bring on real talent soon. It's just when to do it. I think if we can't sign a Gasol or LA, our team may look very similar. But Tim and Manu are the dominoes that affect it one way or the other.

cantthinkofanything
05-07-2015, 09:00 AM
Except for some of the deep bench players like Ayres, it wouldn't be too bad to essentially bring back the same team. We are without a doubt as presently comprised one of the four best teams in the league and could contend next year. Plus maybe losing in the first round will motivate them.

That said, we know we need to get younger and bring on real talent soon. It's just when to do it. I think if we can't sign a Gasol or LA, our team may look very similar. But Tim and Manu are the dominoes that affect it one way or the other.

Without some changes, I don't think this team can contend again. I expect Parker to come back healthier and in shape but he'll be a year older. Manu looked pretty done. Every year, there are games when he comes in and totally energizes the team but these are getting fewer and farther between. While I agree they are still a top 4 team, I don't think they could contend for another championship. But I also think it's really just adding a couple of pieces. Maybe one impact player and one system guy.
Hopefully Leonard continues the same trajectory of improving. A healthy Splitter for a whole season would also be huge but we haven't seen that yet.

mercos
05-07-2015, 11:02 AM
This team could compete next year as is, IF everyone is healthy. That is a big if, especially with the big 3 being as old as they are. It made sense to bring back a team that dominated the NBA Finals like no other, but to bring back this team after a 1st round exit is not wise. The Spurs are in desperate need of another play maker. Manu is likely to retire, and Parker has too many miles to be reliable come May and June.

hater
05-07-2015, 11:18 AM
because we have a bunch of shitbags in our team. especially Porker and Evita oh and Splitter

get rid of those 3

100%duncan
05-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Manu is done.

Parker is too, but won't get traded.

Team needs some new faces, new fire, hunger.

Ice009
05-07-2015, 11:28 AM
It was a mistake bringing back the same team as last year. Should have added one or two hungry guys into the mix, but didn't.

Exactly what I wanted to do after every Championship. I always want to reload and add a couple of good players.

Also, I think in this particular case, if you want Tim back, then you need to add a front court player that can help take the load off of him. It's bullshit IMO that Tim still has to carry the team/front court at this age, and I don't think that he's interested in coming back and having to go through another stretch like the December one. Splitter seems to get minor nagging injuries and he seems to sit out games because of them. Tim's not interested in having to carry that kind of load at this age IMO. Spurs need to get him some real, reliable help if they want him to come back.

spurs10
05-07-2015, 11:48 AM
I love how you go directly from insulting pop's decision making ability to calling the Spurs the best team in the league.
Yeah Pop has nothing to do with our success...

ginobilized
05-07-2015, 11:55 AM
Pop mentioned getting younger. This is great news!

cd98
05-07-2015, 11:58 AM
Pop has to revolutionize the game every 4 or 5 years. It's time.

DMC
05-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Parker/Diaw.. how much hungrier do you need?

DMC
05-07-2015, 12:14 PM
This team has not been on their farewell tour. They need to do that next season. It's only right that the fans of the team get to see Tim and Manu in their final games (knowing they are the final games, maybe a couple extra people show up at away games). It's also important that the fans get to see that Tony either is or isn't fit to be the starting PG. We saw it already, but the majority of Spurs fans (any fans for that matter) don't know what we know. They have a Parker jersey. If Parker isn't the starting PG, he'd probably leave the team and go where he can help a team tank, like Philly with Brett or LA to ride out Kobe's last chuckfest.

Pop said we'll see new faces.

Who's on the chopping block that we could lose? List those people and I think it would be easier to know who we will lose.

I think Pop and RC will conclude they have to get faster, younger and more athletic. They were depending on getting open looks for good shooters but those shooters didn't produce. When that was apparent, it was also apparent people couldn't get to the rim (in "people" I mean "Tony Parker"). No outside shot, no inside shots... not Spurs basketball. Ergo Spurs basketball has to be redefined like it has been a couple times in Pop's tenure.

Budkin
05-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Parker/Diaw.. how much hungrier do you need?

#winner

cd021
05-07-2015, 09:59 PM
The main problem is that this is the best "big man" free agency year in quite some time (L.A., Gasol, Monroe, Milsap, with players like Kantor, Hibbert, & Love either RFAs or can become FAs this off season)

Passing that up to run it back would set the team back a few years. If they go all out and miss then that's a different story.

The Spurs could still be a top 6 playoff team next season with Duncan, Green and KL but without Manu and possibly Beli. I'd assume they'd want Cojo back in that scenario though.

I'd go after Brandon Bass or Branden Wright to fill out the big man rotation. Bass would allow Diaw to start and move Splitter to backup center. Would keep both Duncan and Splitter fresh (27/21 minutes split)

Bass is a solid role player and an above average mid range shooter.

Wright was an excellent role player for Dallas last season and early this year. Long and athletic

Net Rtg
(Past four seasons)

+24
+14
+28
+ 29 (Dallas, Boston, Phx)

22.5 P.E.R in 198 games for the Mavs

Primarily got his point in the P&R. Dives in the paint hard sucking in help defenders for open shots on the perimeter and can finish alley oops and has a bit of a floater.

Would be an upgrade over Baynes (who I like) Spurs could go with a Cojo-Mills-Anderson-Diaw-Wright bench