PDA

View Full Version : OT: Pac has successful shoulder surgery, Mayweather says he wants a rematch

Thebesteva
05-07-2015, 02:23 AM
:lol Is this real life? May said today he's going to aim for his last fight to be a rematch with Manny, says he wants to retire afterwards. Of course, this is all preliminary and probably wont work out but still...

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-manny-pacquiao-successful-shoulder-surgery-20150506-story.html

https://instagram.com/p/2Xm5mEwhkO/ (Manny post surgery photo)

Apparently they are setting up for a rematch, I can't blame Mayweather though, where do you go after fighting Manny? Unless he faces GGG which isn't a good idea for May.

May already getting started with the hype train. I personally think a rematch is the only thing left for these two to do, Amir Khan is another interesting fight but I dunno....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf9Z_6BBLtQ

Broner is fucking funny man...he also posted this video dancing with Maidana and saying they are cool with eachother now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FMVlisrJAo

DAF86
05-07-2015, 02:27 AM
He could fight Cotto and try to go for a middleweight belt, tbh.

Thebesteva
05-07-2015, 02:31 AM
He could fight Cotto and try to go for a middleweight belt, tbh.

I can guarantee u May will not walk away from boxing on top. He will come back and fight with less frequency for another 5-6 years, can you blame him? Bernard hopkins and RJJ were multi millionaires and retired 10 times and are still fighting. They promised to retire before 40, hell Bernard promised his mom on her death bed he would retire but he's still fighting, so is RJJ. May will continue to make at least $40-50 million a fight after he 'retires', until finally, someone KTFO just like RJJ. It's just a matter of time tbh.

Infinite_limit
05-07-2015, 01:20 PM
Pac: Say No

The only way he can Win is flooring Mayweather. Mayweather is not held to the same standard.

ATLEAST, the judges shouldn't be Americans :lol

StrengthAndHonor
05-07-2015, 01:50 PM
It's pretty much a novelty fight IMO. Even if Pacquiao wins by decision next year, he won't ever get the same adoration that made him a media favorite and international icon. I still think Mayweather wins but with a 100% Pacquiao, we'll see Manny throw more punches but with perhaps the same amount of accuracy, so yes It will be entertaining. I'd like to see Mayweather vs Thurman, but TMT is all business and that match up would be lucky to get 1 million buys, maybe less.

StrengthAndHonor
05-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Broner is fucking funny man...he also posted this video dancing with Maidana and saying they are cool with eachother now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FMVlisrJAo

I still remember that fight, Broner was owned pretty bad lol.

Infinite_limit
05-07-2015, 01:53 PM
It's pretty much a novelty fight IMO. Even if Pacquiao wins by decision next year, he won't ever get the same adoration that made him a media favorite and international icon. I still think Mayweather wins but with a 100% Pacquiao, we'll see Manny throw more punches but with perhaps the same amount of accuracy, so yes It will be entertaining. I'd like to see Mayweather vs Thurman, but TMT is all business and that match up would be lucky to get 1 million buys, maybe less.
How will this [or any Floyd match ever] be entertaining given Mayweather's so called "style"

?

StrengthAndHonor
05-07-2015, 01:57 PM
How will this [or any Floyd match ever] be entertaining given Mayweather's so called "style"

?
Mayweather was never the problem. He's been fighting with the same style for almost 2 decades now. It was Pacquiao's fault the fight was a dud. He threw the same amount of punches as Mayweather. People were expecting Manny to be really aggressive and throw his usual 800 punches.

Infinite_limit
05-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Mayweather was never the problem. He's been fighting with the same style for almost 2 decades now. It was Pacquiao's fault the fight was a dud. He threw the same amount of punches as Mayweather. People were expecting Manny to be really aggressive and throw his usual 800 punches.
IMO, the scoring judges hold a bias. They should be jurors in a court room. Like you say, Mayweather has fought this way so the judges are expecting it and forcing the challenger to knock down Floyd or else lose. ie You have to break Mayweather's system not beat the man.

Similiar to
Telling NBA team: You have to outscore the opponent inside the paint
Telling NFL team: You have to out rush the opponent
Telling MLB team: You have to throw more strike outs than opponent

StrengthAndHonor
05-07-2015, 02:18 PM
IMO, the scoring judges hold a bias. They should be jurors in a court room. Like you say, Mayweather has fought this way so the judges are expecting it and forcing the challenger to knock down Floyd or else lose. ie You have to break Mayweather's system not beat the man.

True, personally I'd like to see a KO. But Pacquiao was the underdog and the judges were all set in seeing a beatdown or a knock down from Pacquiao in order to win rounds. Maidana 1 pretty much pummeled Floyd and Mayweather still had a comfortable lead in the cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CqV65LYbL4

StrengthAndHonor
05-07-2015, 02:20 PM
BTW, the ref there was Tony Weeks. If you have a brawler like Maidana or Pacquiao, he's your guy. He rarely broke the fight lol.

Mitch
05-07-2015, 02:42 PM

Similiar to
Telling NBA team: You have to outscore the opponent inside the paint
Telling NFL team: You have to out rush the opponent
Telling MLB team: You have to throw more strike outs than opponent

That's boxing, to say it's bias is to say the NBA is bias because team A is most likely going to score more points than team B. We know the Warriors will outscore the Hornets 9/10 times, they are the better team just like Mayweather is simply the better boxer in all of his fights.

Infinite_limit
05-07-2015, 02:51 PM
That's boxing, to say it's bias is to say the NBA is bias because team A is most likely going to score more points than team B. We know the Warriors will outscore the Hornets 9/10 times, they are the better team just like Mayweather is simply the better boxer in all of his fights.
Hornets and Warriors was a 1st Round matchup. No idea where you're going with that

Ball going thru hoop is more mathematical that punches thrown/landed. Who is scoring these numbers? Is this figure skating

Mitch
05-07-2015, 02:59 PM
Hornets and Warriors was a 1st Round matchup. No idea where you're going with that

Ball going thru hoop is more mathematical that punches thrown/landed. Who is scoring these numbers? Is this figure skating

Pelicans & Warriors were a 1st round matchup...

Break it down in the nba you have FG% and 3p%, doesn't sound like you know how boxing is scored.

K...
05-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Pelicans & Warriors were a 1st round matchup...

Break it down in the nba you have FG% and 3p%, doesn't sound like you know how boxing is scored.

I know the scoring and I don't think the big fight was scored wrong. The issue is do you like boxing to be decision only? You guys almost show disdain for not just knockouts but dominant offense.

The closest nba analog would be allowing or disallowing contact on the perimeter. The nba went on favor of scoring. Some don't like this.

But imagine an nba where the dominant team was not Kobe Shaq Lakers but grit and grind grizz-or bad boy Detroit. Would the nba be good? Probably not. Thank goodness the Lakers had all time great offensive players throughout history and didn't try to make Kobe a jump shooter.

Mitch
05-07-2015, 04:21 PM
I know the scoring and I don't think the big fight was scored wrong. The issue is do you like boxing to be decision only? You guys almost show disdain for not just knockouts but dominant offense.

The closest nba analog would be allowing or disallowing contact on the perimeter. The nba went on favor of scoring. Some don't like this.

But imagine an nba where the dominant team was not Kobe Shaq Lakers but grit and grind grizz-or bad boy Detroit. Would the nba be good? Probably not. Thank goodness the Lakers had all time great offensive players throughout history and didn't try to make Kobe a jump shooter.

I appreciate defense and tactful boxing, you can throw two scrubs in the ring if you want Hagler vs Hearns. I like an offensive fighter, but not if they throw away defense in the process like Maidana did.

Boxing would he where UFC is now if they just highlighted knockout artists and brawlers. The heavyweight division has always been reserved for people who want to Crack skulls and you can blame the Klitchko brothers for it being unattractive to Big thuggish brawlers. WW-LMW aare considered divisions for the boxing purists. They're weight divisions where power meets speed.

Spurs9
05-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Why are so many people obsessed with these guys on this forum tbh?

Mitch
05-07-2015, 06:13 PM
Why are so many people obsessed with these guys on this forum tbh?

Would you prefer the diversity of this forum to be only Spur fans and the occasional Laker troll?