PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to Lamarcus Alridge from spurs fans

hater
05-07-2015, 01:21 PM
Dear Lamar:
Please join us in San Antonio for the following reasons. (feel free to add fellas)
1) Best fan forum in the internet by far. Excellent threads (feel free to browse through)
2) Mexican food is cheap and tastes good
3) No snow
4) Timmy Duncan
5) Latinas :)
6) Texas
7) The Alamo

cantthinkofanything
05-07-2015, 01:22 PM
Starting PG locked in for 3 years.

hater
05-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Nightlife mode Boris

SpurPadre
05-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Since you're divorced, you don't have to worry about Tony fucking your wife!

Robz4000
05-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Welp, you fucked up right off the bat by getting his name wrong. Thanks hater :tu

hater
05-07-2015, 01:33 PM
Welp, you fucked up right off the bat by getting his name wrong. Thanks hater :tu

this is an open hearted letter IMO. Lamar would understand tbqh

Arcadian
05-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Why would the alamo be a reason for anything?

DJR210
05-07-2015, 01:41 PM
No state income tax
Latina sluts
No natural disasters
Whataburger

Tbh, I don't even want that faggot to join the team.

hater
05-07-2015, 01:53 PM
Tbh, I don't even want that faggot to join the team.

who do we get instead then? r u serious???

it's Lamar or bust IMO

dabom
05-07-2015, 01:55 PM

it's Lamar or bust IMO

I agree.

DJR210
05-07-2015, 02:01 PM

it's Lamar or bust IMO

I'd probably want him more if he wasn't in his 30's already.

DJR210
05-07-2015, 02:12 PM
I'd much rather have DeAndre than Aldridge for his defense and rebounding, but playing in Ballmerland has him thinking he's worth Kobe numbers..Chip could improve his major flaw.

cantthinkofanything
05-07-2015, 02:15 PM
I'd much rather have DeAndre than Aldridge for his defense and rebounding, but playing in Ballmerland has him thinking he's worth Kobe numbers..Chip could improve his major flaw.

DeAndre is way too black. Who's next? JR Smith?

SpurPadre
05-07-2015, 02:24 PM

He's 29 going on 30. You're tripping. He's younger than most players on our team and younger than the player he'd replace: Splitter.

DJR210
05-07-2015, 02:24 PM
Our GM doesn't take showers with the team like Sterling, I'm sure DJ would like to put all that behind him.

$pursDynasty
05-07-2015, 03:15 PM
State taxes, front office with a demonstrated knowledge of how to win, Pop will get you rest to extend your career, become a charter member of the next Spurs era Post Admiral/Timmay/Manu/MVParker; the Lemarcus/Kingslayer/TP era.

dabom
05-07-2015, 03:16 PM
State taxes, front office with a demonstrated knowledge of how to win, Pop will get you rest to extend your career, become a charter member of the next Spurs era Post Admiral/Timmay/Manu/MVParker; the Lemarcus/Kingslayer/TP era.

:lmao

$pursDynasty
05-07-2015, 03:19 PM
DeAndre is way too black. Who's next? JR Smith?
I wouldn't say too black I would say not sure about his basketball IQ and seems to have thrived in the most anti spur like market of all, the Clips. All highlights, less heart and brains, all spotlight less no I in team seems to be the Clipper way. If he likes that then Deandre would prefer Dallas or Houston, on NYK or LAL.

DJR210
05-07-2015, 03:44 PM
He's 29 going on 30. You're tripping. He's younger than most players on our team and younger than the player he'd replace: Splitter.

If Splitter is traded in a salary dump, then I'm all for it.. I just don't see anybody being too thrilled about taking that corpse, he fucking sucks.

Your point about him being younger than most on the team isn't a good one either, the team needs to get younger period. If that means retooling in hopes of being a true contender in year two of my assumed 2 year extension for Tim, then so be it.

G-Dawgg
05-07-2015, 03:57 PM
You will never have to be a superhero. The responsibility to win will never be on your shoulders on a nightly basis because we play as a team over here.

dabom
05-07-2015, 03:58 PM
You will never have to be a superhero. The responsibility to win will never be on your shoulders on a nightly basis because we play as a team over here.

Unless tony goes chuck mode.

cantthinkofanything
05-07-2015, 04:09 PM
I wouldn't say too black I would say not sure about his basketball IQ and seems to have thrived in the most anti spur like market of all, the Clips. All highlights, less heart and brains, all spotlight less no I in team seems to be the Clipper way. If he likes that then Deandre would prefer Dallas or Houston, on NYK or LAL.

In all seriousness, the free throws make it a no brainer. I'm sure there are plenty who make it but it seems there is always hoopla around these high energy defender/rebounders and then they just drop off. Ben Wallace, Nene, that Wilkins dude.

ElNono
05-07-2015, 04:19 PM
:lol how is this forum a plus with raucous hits like "Duncan is done", "Tony Parker sucks", "Evita is a cancer", "Kawhi the next Van Horn"?

dabom
05-07-2015, 04:21 PM
:lol how is this forum a plus with raucous hits like "Duncan is done", "Tony Parker sucks", "Evita is a cancer", "Kawhi the next Van Horn"?

What, you never tell anyone how you are a part of this forum and how awesome it is?

Chomag
05-07-2015, 04:22 PM
Since you're divorced, you don't have to worry about Tony fucking your wife!
:rollin:bobo

ElNono
05-07-2015, 04:24 PM
What, you never tell anyone how you are a part of this forum and how awesome it is?

hell no :lol

dabom
05-07-2015, 04:25 PM
hell no :lol

I usually have to hide my phone in public when I go to ST. :lmao

FromWayDowntown
05-07-2015, 04:31 PM
Can shorten your name from Lamarcus to Lamar (handy when you're short on time)

No crazy nicknames required in SA. We've had the Big 3 for 100 years and the best we've done is Enrique.

Matt. Bonner.

Can learn that Jacob Riis saying in 17 languages.

If you don't like being screamed at by your coach, Pop's your man.

Humberto
05-07-2015, 04:44 PM
- Chris Madrids
- Hard Rick
- The Kremlin

Silver&Black
05-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Nightlife mode Boris

:bobo

Silver&Black
05-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Just show Lamar the rings....

https://thejewelerblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/spurs5.jpg

Kool Bob Love
05-07-2015, 04:57 PM
Isn't he from Dallas Texas, and a longhorn?

milkyway21
05-07-2015, 05:37 PM

If Aldridge won't select the Spurs let's pray he won't sign with Dallas or the Spurs might not get HCA again next play-offs with Houston/Memphis/Pelicans(Davis will improve 2x for sure), as division rivals along with Dallas..

Homecourt advantage is still huge. It's the reason why the Spurs were underdogs in the 1st round.

Spursmania
05-07-2015, 05:41 PM
You get to be in all the HEB commercials:bobo

Russ
05-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Dear Lamar:
Please join us in San Antonio for the following reasons. (feel free to add fellas)
1) Best fan forum in the internet by far. Excellent threads (feel free to browse through)
3) No snow
4) Timmy Duncan
6) Texas
7) The Alamo

8) Spurs fan loyalty -- will never hate on you if you struggle and/or injured.

(Just kidding you, man. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol.)

hater
05-07-2015, 07:46 PM
8) Spurs fan loyalty -- will never hate on you if you struggle and/or injured.

(Just kidding you, man. :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol.)

:lol

hater
05-07-2015, 07:47 PM

hater
05-07-2015, 07:47 PM

I hide it from my close family :lmao

wildbill2u
05-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Well, Hater, you started off the list with the number 1 reason why any important free agent would absolutely run away from the Spurs---calling his attention to Spurs Talk. I've been thinking about this for some time and you actually brought it up.

If a player was told that Spurs Talk was the pre-eminent fan forum, and looked over the posts for the past year or two, what would he see? Complete disrespect for Coach Pop and the three Spurs--Timmy, Manu, and Tony--who have brought this backwater town FIVE championships, many conference championships and playoff appearances, and the most ever consecutive 50 game winning seasons in NBA history. Pop is widely considered to be the best coach in the league, perhaps the best ever and has three COTY awards. The Big Three have so many awards and honors that they are almost certain to be first round HOF. Any good free agent would have the utmost respect for the Spurs team members.

He would be dumbfounded that they get shit criticism about their basketball skills and performance from fat-boy couch potatoes, most of whom never played basketball at any level.

And the disrespect goes beyond criticism of basketball skills; it often takes the form of publicly 'outing' or taking shots at players' personal lives, morals, rumored marriage problems or sexual preferences in the most blatantly obscene terms. I doubt that most of these sophmoric morons have such sterling characters and personal lives that they should be throwing the first stones.

Nope, Hater, any good free agent would take one look and say, "Why would I put myself in a position to take this kind of shit on the worldwide internet from a bunch of morons who don't know anything about basketball? Eventually they'll be dissing me like their Hall of Famers. I'm outa here."

Russ
05-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Well, Hater, you started off the list with the number 1 reason why any important free agent would absolutely run away from the Spurs---calling his attention to Spurs Talk. I've been thinking about this for some time and you actually brought it up.

If a player was told that Spurs Talk was the pre-eminent fan forum, and looked over the posts for the past year or two, what would he see? Complete disrespect for Coach Pop and the three Spurs--Timmy, Manu, and Tony--who have brought this backwater town FIVE championships, many conference championships and playoff appearances, and the most ever consecutive 50 game winning seasons in NBA history. Pop is widely considered to be the best coach in the league, perhaps the best ever and has three COTY awards. The Big Three have so many awards and honors that they are almost certain to be first round HOF. Any good free agent would have the utmost respect for the Spurs team members.

He would be dumbfounded that they get shit criticism about their basketball skills and performance from fat-boy couch potatoes, most of whom never played basketball at any level.

And the disrespect goes beyond criticism of basketball skills; it often takes the form of publicly 'outing' or taking shots at players' personal lives, morals, rumored marriage problems or sexual preferences in the most blatantly obscene terms. I doubt that most of these sophmoric morons have such sterling characters and personal lives that they should be throwing the first stones.

Nope, Hater, any good free agent would take one look and say, "Why would I put myself in a position to take this kind of shit on the worldwide internet from a bunch of morons who don't know anything about basketball? Eventually they'll be dissing me like their Hall of Famers. I'm outa here."

Oh, how literal you are.

Way uncool, man.

Learn to appreciate these assholes or move on. :)

But actually . . .

:tu:tu:tu

DMC
05-07-2015, 08:21 PM
Just a short drive to Houston where you'd still be in the playoffs.

Embedded
05-07-2015, 09:01 PM
San Antonio has big women. Wink. Winkety wink. Wink wink. Wink winkety wink. And showers. Wink wink.

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Hard Rick

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2015, 02:15 AM
Kingslayer era? C'mon bro, Lebron averaged a triple dookie on Kawhi... Thankfully for the Spurs, Green shut down Wade

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Don't see a problem with the bolded one, tbqh :bobo

BatManu20
05-08-2015, 02:45 AM

BatManu20
05-08-2015, 02:50 AM
Las Palapas & Taco Cabana (I miss those places, tbh), beautiful street art (gang graffiti) all over buildings downtown and on the Eastside, get to play in an arena that looks like a military base stuck in the middle of nowhere, AND unlimited boat-tours down a filthy river full of water that resembles a public sewage drain.

Should be an easy sell, tbh.

mudyez
05-08-2015, 03:00 AM
I'm pretty sure ST will close in about 2 months anyway (we know, that the domain expires and I have a feeling TimVP has enough of this bullshit). :(

Kidd K
05-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Why would the alamo be a reason for anything?

Because dusty rock piles man!

DMC
05-08-2015, 08:36 AM
They won't let this domain expire. They'd sell it first. It would be stupid to just let it expire.

SanAntonioSpurs23
05-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Don't come here.....

hater
05-08-2015, 09:34 AM

to be fair every fan base would behave the same way if they had an avenue such as Spurstalk.

people are scum in general. Have you taken a look at some of the comments on CNN (when they used to have them?) it was pure hate and scum. that's why CNN disabled comments :lol

people are scum in general. especially in the internet :lol

it's actually commendable that this site still exists and that the Spurs, Evita and Porker have not tried to shut it down. true freedom of speech.

IMO Lamar would be proud to represent such a free society IMO

Gervin44Silas13
05-08-2015, 09:57 AM
he can bang Amy Duncan

in2deep
05-08-2015, 10:21 AM
"Hunting Mexican Girls" season lasts all year

Skull-1
05-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Dear Lamar:
3) No snow
4) Timmy Duncan
6) Texas
7) The Alamo

You mentioned Latinas. No way he comes here now.

They spend 18 years growing vertically and the rest of their lives expanding horizontally.

Mouth is Bleeding
05-08-2015, 12:39 PM
8) if you really do sign take a few steps back and shoot some threes ffs

TampaDude
05-08-2015, 01:34 PM
to be fair every fan base would behave the same way if they had an avenue such as Spurstalk.

people are scum in general. Have you taken a look at some of the comments on CNN (when they used to have them?) it was pure hate and scum. that's why CNN disabled comments :lol

people are scum in general. especially in the internet :lol

it's actually commendable that this site still exists and that the Spurs, Evita and Porker have not tried to shut it down. true freedom of speech.

IMO Lamar would be proud to represent such a free society IMO

Heh...like players and coaches actually read forums like this. :lmao

Arcadian
05-08-2015, 02:47 PM
Because dusty rock piles man!

:lol It really is shitty. Unless you're a fucking history aficionado, no one cares anymore, nor should they.

Lakers999
05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Just show Lamar the rings....

https://thejewelerblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/spurs5.jpg

these look better

http://www.jewelrypropshop.com/images/NIKEG1.gif

Gervin44Silas13
05-08-2015, 02:58 PM
Fuck yo Laker rings Clown!!!!!
these look better

http://www.jewelrypropshop.com/images/NIKEG1.gif

Lakers999
05-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Fuck yo Laker rings Clown!!!!!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/0/0/2/3/6/2/8/0/3/137789328_Kobe_U_Mad.jpeg

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Dear LMA, can't wait for you to pretend we are on the top of your list, only for you to pick the Mavs after tspence confirms that you picked the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2015, 04:17 PM
You mentioned Latinas. No way he comes here now.

They spend 18 years growing vertically and the rest of their lives expanding horizontally.
Hoes think they look like Selena, but look more like a mini-fridge. Tbh..

Skull-1
05-08-2015, 04:36 PM

So true!

-21-
05-08-2015, 04:41 PM
Dear LMA, can't wait for you to pretend we are on the top of your list, only for you to pick the Mavs after tspence confirms that you picked the Spurs.
And we lose Danny to the Cavs...

hater
05-10-2015, 09:59 AM

Johnny RIngo
05-10-2015, 10:28 AM
The chokejobs him and Tony are gonna be responsible for in the playoffs are gonna be epic. We're talking about the least efficient big man/point guard combo in NBA history. If Aldridge does come here, Kawhi needs to bail. Won't be enough shots to go around between Enrique and LMA's chucking.

hater
06-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Disagree. Lamar on san Anton would be epic imo. Join us Lamar

hater
06-20-2015, 10:09 AM

BillMc
06-20-2015, 12:12 PM
You get to be in all the HEB commercials:bobo

Best perk yet!:toast

BillMc
06-20-2015, 12:14 PM

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2015, 10:30 AM
Dear Lamar:
3) No snow
4) Timmy Duncan
6) Texas
7) The Alamo
Bumped so LMA can be convinced. Just in case Pop's PowerPoint don't do the job

hater
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
:tu manig.jpg:xxxlarge

Buddy Mignon
07-01-2015, 10:58 AM
Dear Lamar:
1) Best fan forum in the internet by far due to Lakaluva and friends. Excellent threads (feel free to browse through)
2) Mexican food is cheap and tastes good and clogs arteries
3) No snow
4) Timmy Duncan
5) FatLatinas :)
6) Texas is HOT!!!
7) The Alamo Stinks

Fixed.

hater
07-01-2015, 11:00 AM
Nightlife mode Boris

this is an overlooked goodie

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Fixed.
Chill :lmao

hater

it's Lamar or bust IMO

LOL called this shit months ago.

TheGreatYacht
:tu manig.jpg:xxxlarge
Got chu fam

cutewizard
07-01-2015, 12:19 PM
Dearest LaMarcus,

Have you watched the movie, Lord of the Rings?

I bet you have......

You know the drill: "One ring to rule them all, one ring to.....etc etc"

Want one??

Come to us baby, and you'll get a ring. Go to the Lakers, and youll never get a ring.....

See you soon!

Love,

Cutewizard

PS Lebron is gollum in our world...make it so! lol

hater
07-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Dearest LaMarcus,

I bet you have......

Want one??

Come to us baby, and you'll get a ring. Go to the Lakers, and youll never get a ring.....

See you soon!

Love,

Cutewizard

Cute

ducks
07-03-2015, 06:08 PM
please read lma

in2deep
07-04-2015, 01:11 PM
we did it :cry

cutewizard
07-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Cute

hahaha

thank you Sir!

lets cherish this day! a rare jewel among the rarest.....

Spurs9
07-04-2015, 01:18 PM
Great work OP, I think the letter was the final deciding factor for signing.

SPURt
07-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Dear LMA,
Welcome to the Spurs. I'm typically a straight male living in my mother's basement. For you, however, I am now a gay male living in my mom's basement. I have nothing better to do with my life than obsess over men running between two circles trying to put a sphere in one of them. Since you give us, because my life matters to all Spurs players, a chance to win a gold statue named after a guy who merged the NBA and ABA while commisioner of the NBA and signed the worst contract in U.S. history because he didn't believe in TV revenue, of which the Spurs have 5, I will gladly untie my balloon knot for you whenever you want. I would love to have your coin purse firmly between my chewed bubble gum and poop jelly fish.
Sincerely,
Spurt

hater
09-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Great work OP, I think the letter was the final deciding factor for signing.

The thread that changed Spurs history. :cry

And ppl say our posts are meaningless.

hater
03-20-2016, 10:09 AM
Dearest LaMarcus,

I bet you have......

Want one??

See you soon!

Love,

Cutewizard

What happened to this poster???

hater
03-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Dear LMA,
Welcome to the Spurs. I'm typically a straight male living in my mother's basement. For you, however, I am now a gay male living in my mom's basement. I have nothing better to do with my life than obsess over men running between two circles trying to put a sphere in one of them. Since you give us, because my life matters to all Spurs players, a chance to win a gold statue named after a guy who merged the NBA and ABA while commisioner of the NBA and signed the worst contract in U.S. history because he didn't believe in TV revenue, of which the Spurs have 5, I will gladly untie my balloon knot for you whenever you want. I would love to have your coin purse firmly between my chewed bubble gum and poop jelly fish.
Sincerely,
Spurt

:lol wtf?????

hater
03-20-2016, 10:17 AM
If Splitter is traded in a salary dump, then I'm all for it.. I just don't see anybody being too thrilled about taking that corpse, he fucking sucks.

Your point about him being younger than most on the team isn't a good one either, the team needs to get younger period. If that means retooling in hopes of being a true contender in year two of my assumed 2 year extension for Tim, then so be it.

Hahahahahahahahahhaha

hater
03-20-2016, 10:19 AM

:lol same here

hater
03-20-2016, 10:23 AM

hater
03-20-2016, 10:24 AM
The chokejobs him and Tony are gonna be responsible for in the playoffs are gonna be epic. We're talking about the least efficient big man/point guard combo in NBA history. If Aldridge does come here, Kawhi needs to bail. Won't be enough shots to go around between Enrique and LMA's chucking.

Worst post of the year

TheGreatYacht
03-20-2016, 10:27 AM

Worst post of the year
Low IQ poster :lol

SPURt
03-20-2016, 01:01 PM
:lol wtf?????
I never received a PM from LMA. That can only mean he's not on ST.

dabom
03-20-2016, 02:42 PM
Dam midnightpulp said I wasn't on the LMA bandwagon. What a faggot. I stay winning. :lmao

hater
04-30-2016, 10:17 PM
Thank God I made this letter

Thank you Lamarcus for being everything I expected you to be :tu

hater
04-30-2016, 10:18 PM
:lmao Johnny ringo :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-30-2016, 10:22 PM
:lmao Johnny ringo :lol

turb0time
04-30-2016, 10:41 PM
Thank God I made this letter

Thank you Lamarcus for being everything I expected you to be :tu

hater
05-01-2016, 08:03 AM

hater
05-01-2016, 08:12 AM
:wow just realized this thread was created exactly a year ago. When almost no buzz of Aldridge to Spurs was going around :wow :wow

:tu

cutewizard
05-01-2016, 08:35 AM
Dearest LaMarcus,

I bet you have......

Want one??

See you soon!

Love,

Cutewizard

-------------------------------------------------------

hehehehe, in retrospect, LMA was all worth it guys, hehehehe

in2deep
05-01-2016, 09:37 AM

:lol wut?????

Deandre??? :lol

DJR210
05-01-2016, 12:02 PM

Ill accept mockery when the title is hoisted