PDA

View Full Version : If LMA chooses the big market or LeBron, would you guys be cool with Kevin Love?

SpurPadre
05-07-2015, 02:30 PM
I wouldn't be thrilled about Love but we could do a lot worse. He'd also be Pop's wet dream come true in that he's a competent version of Matt Bonner. He'd maximize Love's potential, tbh. I'd then switch over to Marc Gasol but I just don't think we'd be able to land him and see him staying in Memphis. Thoughts?

cantthinkofanything
05-07-2015, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't be thrilled about Love but we could do a lot worse. He'd also be Pop's wet dream come true in that he's a competent version of Matt Bonner. He'd maximize Love's potential, tbh. I'd then switch over to Marc Gasol but I just don't think we'd be able to land him and see him staying in Memphis. Thoughts?

eeeyup. Would be happy with Kevin Love if that's what Spurs end up with.

The Reckoning
05-07-2015, 02:35 PM
spurs won't get either. why do people fall for this shit every offseason?

daslicer
05-07-2015, 02:36 PM
If Kevin doesn't resign with the Cavs then he will go to the Lakers.

Mikeanaro
05-07-2015, 02:37 PM
No, he is useless.

Emperor
05-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Shit i'd be cool with it if he showed interest in coming. Not very often a player of his caliber is actually serious about joining the Spurs.

SpurPadre
05-07-2015, 02:42 PM

Well, when Pop says the team is going to look noticeably different next season, people tend to take that seriously.

sananspursfan21
05-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Stat sheet stuffer!!!!

The Reckoning
05-07-2015, 02:46 PM
Well, when Pop says the team is going to look noticeably different next season, people tend to take that seriously.

yeah a couple of euro players gone and more euro players no one knows about steps in. rinse and repeat.

Big P
05-07-2015, 02:49 PM
Love wants to go to a big market team, it's gonna be the lakers or boston, no chance we could entice him to come to SA....LA on the other hand has been playing in a relatively small market in Portland, is from Texas and has a son who lives in SA, so I can see the Spurs having a real shot at landing him.

cd98
05-07-2015, 02:56 PM
I like Kevin Love as a player, but getting him means no Splitter and his defense would worry me.

monkeypunk
05-07-2015, 02:57 PM
Love is going to LA with Rondo and LMA is taking his spot on the Cavs. We'll end up with some 3rd tier or unknown Euro player to replace Splitter after we trade him for a 2035 1st rounder.

RD2191
05-07-2015, 02:58 PM

cd98
05-07-2015, 02:59 PM
I can see Love going to LA, pushing out Kobe (like he did to Shaq) and then getting Westbrook to sign when he's a free agent. Problem, tho, I don't know if he can stand losing with the Lakers. This was his first playoffs and I don't think he wants a legacy of being done with the season 60 games in.

apalisoc_9
05-07-2015, 03:06 PM
Love is injured and we don't know the severity of his injury.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-07-2015, 03:11 PM
Hell no wtf

baseline bum
05-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Love already said he's staying in Cleveland.

SpurPadre
05-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Love already said he's staying in Cleveland.

He said that but apparently there are still speculations out there that he was just trying to be political and might still leave. Here is one article about it: http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/6/8560893/kevin-love-status-free-agent-cavaliers-rumors-2015

spurraider21
05-07-2015, 03:57 PM
well, he'd be an upgrade to bonner

AFBlue
05-07-2015, 04:02 PM
If he's not staying with the Cavs, he's going going back back to Cali Cali.

Mugen
05-07-2015, 04:26 PM
well, he'd be an upgrade to bonner

Only if he got over himself first tbh.

ElNono
05-07-2015, 04:28 PM
if it's for the minimum, why not?

Spur|n|Austin
05-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Love won't leave Cleveland.

Chinook
05-07-2015, 04:35 PM
Yes. But certainly not at the expense of Splitter

cjw
05-07-2015, 06:16 PM
I want Love to opt out, as it will sop up some of the money chasing free agents. Cavs are likely capped out whether or not Love re-signs, so would be best for him to leave and take up cap room from another team that could be an Aldridge suitor or even throw money at Green.

Spurs9
05-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Why does everyone assume Lakers are getting Love or Rondo? Do the Lakers really thing Rondo is the answer to change that team after the stuff he pulled with the Mavs this playoffs?

Mr Bones
05-07-2015, 06:58 PM
I'd rather have Jonas Jerebko for the MLE than Love for anything close to a max deal.

TXstbobcat
05-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Step up for the Spurs. Instead of getting snubbed by players like AK47, Spurs will now get snubbed by free agents like Gasol and LMA.

hater
05-07-2015, 07:48 PM
I guess. But well never get put of round 1

mkurts
05-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Don't like him, but he is better than Shitter or Pork Crackles at this point....... so yes

Dverde
05-07-2015, 08:53 PM
I would imagine the Spurs plan C would be Amir Johnson not Love.

DMC
05-07-2015, 08:57 PM
lol Spurs had a prime David Robinson and couldn't get shit to play with him until Duncan was drafted. No one is coming to SA unless they are journeymen about to retire.

Example:

Nick Van Exel
Shannon Brown
Tracy McGrady
Glenn Robinson
Moses Malone
Chuck Person
Steve Smith
Mike Finley (close enough)
Gooden (bastard is still playing I think)
Dice
Thomas
Cheeks
Doc
on and on and on...

No one will come here in their prime, no one who's a game changer. Hasn't happened since Terry Cummings. Shannon Brown.. :lol

100%duncan
05-07-2015, 08:58 PM
For the minimum why not

cd98
05-07-2015, 09:11 PM
lol Spurs had a prime David Robinson and couldn't get shit to play with him until Duncan was drafted. No one is coming to SA unless they are journeymen about to retire.

Example:

Nick Van Exel
Shannon Brown
Tracy McGrady
Glenn Robinson
Moses Malone
Chuck Person
Steve Smith
Dice
Thomas
Cheeks
Doc
on and on and on...

No one will come here in their prime, no one who's a game changer. Hasn't happened since Terry Cummings. Shannon Brown.. :lol

It's not so much the Spurs. Most top notch players do sign and trades so they don't lose money. Top tier players don't sign with other teams like they used to do bc the salary rules discourage it. Only flawed "stars" sign in free agency. Spurs haven't really had cap space since they tried to get Kidd.

dabom
05-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Spurs never had 5 championships with Prime Robinson. :lmao

dabom
05-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Wrong Name. :lol

Dingle Barry
05-07-2015, 11:59 PM

Example:

Nick Van Exel
Shannon Brown
Tracy McGrady
Glenn Robinson
Moses Malone
Chuck Person
Steve Smith
Dice
Thomas
Cheeks
Doc
on and on and on...

The Spurs organization is now viewed as the gold standard of the league. That certainly wasn't the case in the pre-Pop age. While the average player doesn't give a shit about the organizational dynamics when compared to night life and endorsements, I believe the culture is going to resonate with and pay off with a big fish one of these days.

Mr Bones
05-08-2015, 12:47 PM
The Spurs organization is now viewed as the gold standard of the league. That certainly wasn't the case in the pre-Pop age. While the average player doesn't give a shit about the organizational dynamics when compared to night life and endorsements, I believe the culture is going to resonate with and pay off with a big fish one of these days.

:tu Agreed. Obviously, San Antonio will never compete with L.A., New York, and Chicago for the status of a glamorous city, but it's inevitable that one top tier player with a specific personality & temperament will choose it for some reason some day.

TampaDude
05-08-2015, 01:12 PM

Yup...if you're with the Spurs, you're pretty much guaranteed 50+ wins and a playoff berth every freakin' year, even if the lights aren't as bright as NY or LA.

As for the other matter, Love is staying in Cleveland...especially after Kang rings again this June. C'mon, folks...you know it's coming...