PDA

View Full Version : Can Barry keep the oil/gas pigs down for 17 more months?

MultiTroll
05-07-2015, 11:19 PM
See the oil and gas pigs are pulling their greedy shit again.

All in all it seems Barry has done an okay job of keeping the oil pigs extortion at bay.
This winter we enjoyed being in the 2s

Now this mid upper 3s approaching 4s bullshit is in effect again.

What up Barry?
And will the oil pigs roll over Barry since he is lame duck and push for 4s again?

I burn premium so it sucks even more.

DMC
05-07-2015, 11:41 PM
politics ------------> way

Avante
05-08-2015, 02:12 AM
See the oil and gas pigs are pulling their greedy shit again.

All in all it seems Barry has done an okay job of keeping the oil pigs extortion at bay.
This winter we enjoyed being in the 2s

Now this mid upper 3s approaching 4s bullshit is in effect again.

What up Barry?
And will the oil pigs roll over Barry since he is lame duck and push for 4s again?

I burn premium so it sucks even more.

I've owned around 20 vehicles in my like, everything from Chevy's to MG's (tight fit) you do not need to run premium. If ya think ya do you're wrong.

Unless you're a farmer and driving out in the dirt constantly you can shine changing your oil after 3000 m, 5000 will do just fine.

boutons_deux
05-08-2015, 05:45 AM
Barry has NOTHING to do with price of oil.

The financial firms and BigOil, in spite of the continuing oil glut, have managed to increase the price of oil by nearly 50% in a the past few weeks.

If the Iran deal is signed and Iran can start selling oil in a couple months, then the oil glut will be reinforced, but don't expect excess supply/weakening demand to hold the price down.

The Reckoning
05-08-2015, 08:17 AM
I've owned around 20 vehicles in my like, everything from Chevy's to MG's (tight fit) you do not need to run premium. If ya think ya do you're wrong.

Unless you're a farmer and driving out in the dirt constantly you can shine changing your oil after 3000 m, 5000 will do just fine.

premium cleans out your tank and all the areas the regular clogs up. if you put premium in every 5000 m or even once a month you'll feel the difference.

m>s
05-08-2015, 10:15 AM
Won't premium fuck some cars up? You'd do better just putting of bottle of one of those cleaners in ever so often rather than buying premium. Premium just has to do with the octane correct?

xellos88330
05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
Won't premium fuck some cars up? You'd do better just putting of bottle of one of those cleaners in ever so often rather than buying premium. Premium just has to do with the octane correct?

IIRC you are correct in your assumption that the octane is how they rate the fuel types. Some places have the option to add cleaner while you pump.

ChumpDumper
05-08-2015, 11:44 AM
So OP is hoping the Saudis put more American producers out of business.

It's not like "big oil" is losing money right now, but it will be interesting to see if and where the Saudis see fit to keep prices at a level that keeps fracking unprofitable. I wouldn't mind a regulatory review to address all the side effects that appear to be happening with fracking tbh.

TheSanityAnnex
05-08-2015, 12:44 PM
No you are wrong. Some engines do need premium. If I put regular unleaded in my car it sputters and runs like shit. 2008 Acura TL Type S

hehateme
05-08-2015, 03:55 PM
No you are wrong. Some engines do need premium. If I put regular unleaded in my car it sputters and runs like shit. 2008 Acura TL Type S

TSA is correct in a sense, some car maker's prefer it due to the compression in an engine. Had this issue with my SS Camaro and it did hum a lot better with Premium.

m>s
05-08-2015, 05:02 PM
TSA is correct in a sense, some car maker's prefer it due to the compression in an engine. Had this issue with my SS Camaro and it did hum a lot better with Premium.
It's only necessarily when the manufacturer calls for it. Some people think they're doing themselves a service to put the mid grade or premium in their vehicles but unless it's required they are just wasting money. Only difference is the octane

Mitch
05-08-2015, 05:19 PM
It's only necessarily when the manufacturer calls for it. Some people think they're doing themselves a service to put the mid grade or premium in their vehicles but unless it's required they are just wasting money. Only difference is the octane

You drive German, M? Nothing like leaning back I'm an S class.

m>s
05-08-2015, 05:24 PM
No I drive a truck I need the bed sometimes

Franklin
05-08-2015, 07:01 PM
Oil pigs are just compelling US auto makers to follow Japanese style and produce energy-efficient cars tbh.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2015, 07:38 PM
premium cleans out your tank and all the areas the regular clogs up. if you put premium in every 5000 m or even once a month you'll feel the difference.

This is not true. Premium doesn't have more detergents which is what "cleans' the tank. If you want to follow that theory just use crap gas most of the time and run a tank of Valero (high detergent) once a month. What you save on gas you will spend on injectors however as all that crap in the tank gets run through the fuel injectors.

CosmicCowboy
05-08-2015, 07:43 PM
You can tune any modern car or truck to whatever gas you want to pay for. My last truck I was hauling a lot of trailers and used a tuner to add about 80hp and boocoo torque but the tradeoff was I had to run premium to keep it from pinging. It's just a matter of reprogramming the computer chip that runs your engine.

The Reckoning
05-08-2015, 11:49 PM
This is not true. Premium doesn't have more detergents which is what "cleans' the tank. If you want to follow that theory just use crap gas most of the time and run a tank of Valero (high detergent) once a month. What you save on gas you will spend on injectors however as all that crap in the tank gets run through the fuel injectors.

your word against kelley blue book

http://www.kbb.com/car-advice/articles/premium-gas-when-and-why/

MultiTroll
05-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Pricks.
$60 to fill up.