View Full Version : Witcher 3

baseline bum
05-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Anyone getting this shit next week?

SfjLRuE1CLw

DJR210
05-08-2015, 01:03 PM
Got mine pre-ordered over at kickass

Seriously though, I don't really care for Witcher 2.. other than eye candy (which I can't really turn all the way up and get the FPS that I want) I don't really give a shit about this game

Useruser666
05-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Yes!

baseline bum
05-08-2015, 04:18 PM
Got mine pre-ordered over at kickass

:lmao

Wish ^^nosTEAM^^ would update the patches for Dragon Age Inquisition. That motherfucker still crashes on me and some of the mosaic pieces can't be picked up, some missions can't be finished, etc.

SRS though, you'll probably get it free with the 980 Ti.

DJR210
05-08-2015, 10:13 PM
:lmao

Wish ^^nosTEAM^^ would update the patches for Dragon Age Inquisition. That motherfucker still crashes on me and some of the mosaic pieces can't be picked up, some missions can't be finished, etc.

SRS though, you'll probably get it free with the 980 Ti.

No cash to buy a GPU after all.. need to sell some electronics, but don't really want to part ways w/ anything other than maybe an extra monitor and the 680

vander
05-09-2015, 07:59 PM
no, but giving Witcher 2 a look b/c steam sale. and once again we have video game story writers trying to make me feel guilty for being a specist. surely these educated talented people don't believe in and love fictitious species, they must be sending a racial message?

Strange Love
05-09-2015, 08:11 PM
What's this game about? How's it compare to Mass Effect in terms of story and deep RPG aspects?

DJR210
05-09-2015, 09:37 PM
What's this game about?

Tits and ass, threesomes, swordplay, magic.. Seriously though. Made the unfortunate mistake of sitting down to play with my 7 year old in the room. The guard starts talking about some whores, and then the scene cuts to Geralt in bed with two naked whores with their tits out. My girl gives me the "you're a fucking idiot" look like I knew, it was the first time I played :lol

vander
05-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Tits and ass, threesomes, swordplay, magic.. Seriously though. Made the unfortunate mistake of sitting down to play with my 7 year old in the room. The guard starts talking about some whores, and then the scene cuts to Geralt in bed with two naked whores with their tits out. My girl gives me the "you're a fucking idiot" look like I knew, it was the first time I played :lol

LOL playing games knowing nothing about them, how does one even have time for that? wait for the cream to rise tbh, if there is any cream...

DJR210
05-09-2015, 10:11 PM
LOL playing games knowing nothing about them, how does one even have time for that?

I play at night for a couple hours when the fam is crashed.. that doesn't change whether I know the game or not :lol I buy games I don't necessarily know much about because they're cheap as fuck on Steam sometimes, and I have OCD for great visuals and tuning for 60 FPS

baseline bum
05-09-2015, 11:12 PM

LOL, is that Witcher 2 you're talking about? 3 doesn't come out until next week I think.

DJR210
05-10-2015, 01:44 AM
LOL, is that Witcher 2 you're talking about? 3 doesn't come out until next week I think.

Yeah, it will be more of the same.

Cry Havoc
05-10-2015, 04:16 PM
Currently playing through TW2. I'll get 3 when it goes on sale in the Summer.

baseline bum
05-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Currently playing through TW2. I'll get 3 when it goes on sale in the Summer.

How high would you rate it on a 10 point scale?

Cry Havoc
05-10-2015, 10:16 PM
How high would you rate it on a 10 point scale?

Still too early in the game to say. There are some things that are really archaic in the game, like invisible walls. That sucks. But the story content is pretty awesome, the main character is a much better antihero than most.

The battle system is a little clunky but you can mod it. Without mods I would say this game is a 6.5/10 but with mods it's probably a couple points higher. Worth playing. Very hard, though. I think for it's time this game is really outstanding, there are just refinements that have occurred since then that shows the game's age.

baseline bum
05-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Wow, this is fucked that they dumbed down the graphics for PC thanks to console limitations.

How the PC port looked in their 2013 demo
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1525/15257558/2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

How the PC version looks for release in 2015
http://i.imgur.com/cWf3DID.png

More 2013 demo
http://i.minus.com/ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

And 2015 release
http://gifyu.com/images/W2475ee.gif

baseline bum
05-16-2015, 04:02 PM
AMD users are going to get dicked here. Supposedly this performs the same on an R9 290 as on a shitty GTX 960

DJR210
05-16-2015, 11:09 PM
AMD users are going to get dicked here. Supposedly this performs the same on an R9 290 as on a shitty GTX 960

What else is new...

"Durr hurr let's save 50 bucks on a comparable GPU so I can have issues running everything that releases"

And yeah, they toned down the graphics big time. This is almost as bad as Watch Dogs false advertising. The geeks over at Gamefaqs are melting down over this shit. On the bright side, it looks like they cut back on the post process mostly, so it should be easy for the community to mod it back in, or the devs release an update soon after launch.

baseline bum
05-16-2015, 11:10 PM
What else is new...

"Durr hurr let's save 50 bucks on a comparable GPU so I can have issues running everything that releases"

:lol

CH isn't going to like this development.

DJR210
05-16-2015, 11:12 PM
:lol

CH isn't going to like this development.

I think this deserves a

:lol Cry Havoc

Tbh, I think ElNono is an AMD fanboy too.. please confirm so I can add another :lol

DJR210
05-16-2015, 11:12 PM
:lol :cry Havoc

ElNono
05-16-2015, 11:13 PM
The demo looks like it's running at 30fps already (though it might be the GIF), and for those events they might use a SLI Titan...

tbh, the demo vs game bait and switch predates Watchdogs...

ElNono
05-16-2015, 11:14 PM
I think this deserves a

Tbh, I think ElNono is an AMD fanboy too.. please confirm so I can add another :lol

I don't hate AMD, but all my boxes have Intel & NVidia inside them...

DJR210
05-16-2015, 11:16 PM

Ok, then we'll keep it at..

..for now

baseline bum
05-16-2015, 11:17 PM

I hate their CPUs, at least for gaming. Last good one was Phenom II x4 965 Black back in like 2009.

baseline bum
05-16-2015, 11:19 PM
Ok, then we'll keep it at..

:lol Cry Havoc (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=7256)

..for now

That really is a chickenshit move by the devs though, since an R9 290 has damn near the horsepower of a GTX 970 and not a piece of crap like the 960.

DJR210
05-16-2015, 11:21 PM
That really is a chickenshit move by the devs though, since an R9 290 has damn near the horsepower of a GTX 970 and not a piece of crap like the 960.

Whats the word on the launch performance of GTA V on AMD cards? I don't recall too much moaning..

baseline bum
05-16-2015, 11:24 PM
Whats the word on the launch performance of GTA V on AMD cards? I don't recall too much moaning..

Not too bad. For a couple of days AMD was actually bundling GTA V with the R9 290 and R9 290x. Kind of surprised to see the GTX 970 outperforming the GTX 780 Ti here.

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Grand_Theft_Auto_V_-test-2-GTA5_1920_2.jpg

ElNono
05-16-2015, 11:45 PM
I hate their CPUs, at least for gaming. Last good one was Phenom II x4 965 Black back in like 2009.

I never owned an AMD CPU, tbh, although some of our clients had boxes with them...

My main beef with Intel was on how inefficient they were power-wise (I'm talking 386, 486, Pentium days here). They always had the raw processing power, but you had a single-core CPU chewing 70W at idle and the fan buzzing like a motherfucker. Then with the Core2 processors, they added speed-step and that was an improvement, and now the i series is just phenomenal. AMD also copied a lot of that with their PowerNow! tech, but even in their current procs, if you get near 3GHz, you're gonna be hitting 90-100W TDP...

Now I would agree most people might not give a shit about power and noise, but I do put some value on design improvements like that. When you are surrounded by computers for 8+ hours a day for years on end, you start appreciating the little things like that.

baseline bum
05-17-2015, 12:23 AM
I never owned an AMD CPU, tbh, although some of our clients had boxes with them...

My main beef with Intel was on how inefficient they were power-wise (I'm talking 386, 486, Pentium days here). They always had the raw processing power, but you had a single-core CPU chewing 70W at idle and the fan buzzing like a motherfucker. Then with the Core2 processors, they added speed-step and that was an improvement, and now the i series is just phenomenal. AMD also copied a lot of that with their PowerNow! tech, but even in their current procs, if you get near 3GHz, you're gonna be hitting 90-100W TDP...

Now I would agree most people might not give a shit about power and noise, but I do put some value on design improvements like that. When you are surrounded by computers for 8+ hours a day for years on end, you start appreciating the little things like that.

You should look at the Broadwell i7-5775C or i5-5675C then, since they're 65W TDP. They're supposed to release early next month. I wonder how low they could get the TDP on 14nm Broadwell Xeon E3s without the iris pro graphics.

baseline bum
05-17-2015, 12:34 AM
I take that back, the Broadwell i7 is supposed to be $480! And the Broadwell i5 $350. Who is going to pay that just to get fucking Iris Pro Graphics when you could get an i7-4771 and an R9 280 for that price?

ElNono
05-17-2015, 02:46 AM
You should look at the Broadwell i7-5775C or i5-5675C then, since they're 65W TDP. They're supposed to release early next month. I wonder how low they could get the TDP on 14nm Broadwell Xeon E3s without the iris pro graphics.

I hear those are more expensive than the Haswell because of the Iris Pro and the eDRAM, it's gonna take some time for the prices to drop. I'm also wondering how they stack up performance-wise against the Haswell, since the released Broadwell processors so far have been underwhelming, IIRC. I suppose they're great overclockers, but I'm not really into that.

baseline bum
05-17-2015, 09:49 AM
I hear those are more expensive than the Haswell because of the Iris Pro and the eDRAM, it's gonna take some time for the prices to drop. I'm also wondering how they stack up performance-wise against the Haswell, since the released Broadwell processors so far have been underwhelming, IIRC. I suppose they're great overclockers, but I'm not really into that.

Do you know if that eDRAM is supposed to be usable as another level of cache when the iGPU is disabled? Because they chopped 2MB of L3 cache off their desktop i5 and i7 for Broadwell.

ElNono
05-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Do you know if that eDRAM is supposed to be usable as another level of cache when the iGPU is disabled? Because they chopped 2MB of L3 cache off their desktop i5 and i7 for Broadwell.

AFAIK, eDRAM is used as a L4 cache, so it's used by both the CPU and IGP. The thing is, CPU caches use SRAM, which is bigger on the die, and thus costlier, and uses more voltage than the actual logic part, increasing thermal and power. Intel has been bitching about how SRAM doesn't scale well, with a good chunk of the die nowadays used strictly by caches. DRAM is simply more compact, uses less power, but it needs to be constantly refreshed.

There's a more in-depth explanation here:
http://www.eetimes.com/author.asp?doc_id=1323410

That said, I suspect a good chunk of that eDRAM is likely reserved to cache framebuffer memory for the IGP.

ElNono
05-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Also, for Haswell, only parts with Iris Pro have eDRAM... this doesn't seem like it's going to change for Skylake either (although all Skylake parts that include an IGP will be Iris Pro, from what I read)

baseline bum
05-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Also, for Haswell, only parts with Iris Pro have eDRAM... this doesn't seem like it's going to change for Skylake either (although all Skylake parts that include an IGP will be Iris Pro, from what I read)

LOL if Intel has all the overclockers who will never use Iris Pro subsidizing their mobile users by paying for a useless igpu. I have heard the locked i7-6700 and i5-6500 are supposed to have prices more in line with Haswell i7 and i5, but LMAO if they force Iris Pro on the K series. It would be worth it just to hear all the butthurt from everyone who spends out the ass on Z boards, watercooling, and K CPUs for not much performance gain in gaming to have to spend $150 more.

ElNono
05-17-2015, 02:18 PM
LOL if Intel has all the overclockers who will never use Iris Pro subsidizing their mobile users by paying for a useless igpu. I have heard the locked i7-6700 and i5-6500 are supposed to have prices more in line with Haswell i7 and i5, but LMAO if they force Iris Pro on the K series. It would be worth it just to hear all the butthurt from everyone who spends out the ass on Z boards, watercooling, and K CPUs for not much performance gain in gaming to have to spend $150 more.

AFAIK, all the Skylake SKUs they've listed have Iris Pro. Some come with eDRAM and some do not. They probably are going to make the unlocked very premium. At those power/thermal, you can probably overclock the fuck out of those processors.

baseline bum
05-17-2015, 03:23 PM
AFAIK, all the Skylake SKUs they've listed have Iris Pro. Some come with eDRAM and some do not. They probably are going to make the unlocked very premium. At those power/thermal, you can probably overclock the fuck out of those processors.

Might as well go with the 140W enthusiast edition CPUs then for those prices. Maybe that's Intel's strategy though. :lol

05-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Wow, this is fucked that they dumbed down the graphics for PC thanks to console limitations.

How the PC port looked in their 2013 demo
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1525/15257558/2504401-6535952199-ip9VU.gif

How the PC version looks for release in 2015
http://i.imgur.com/cWf3DID.png

More 2013 demo
http://i.minus.com/ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

And 2015 release
http://gifyu.com/images/W2475ee.gif
I don't think they did it just for console players. There are a lot of pc gamers still running with 560s, 7770s, etc etc

Why release a game that can only run on the highest of end PCs?

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 10:25 AM
The benchmarks are disappointing as hell for a game that doesn't look that great. Looks like the 290 = 960 rumor is bullshit though.

http://i.imgur.com/tjvJIFJ.png

DJR210
05-18-2015, 05:13 PM
The benchmarks are disappointing as hell for a game that doesn't look that great. Looks like the 290 = 960 rumor is bullshit though.

http://i.imgur.com/tjvJIFJ.png

Well they are running w/ SSAO on which is gonna be as taxing as Ubersampling in the last Witcher.. SSAO looks great, but who seriously uses that shit.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Well they are running w/ SSAO on which is gonna be as taxing as Ubersampling in the last Witcher.. SSAO looks great, but who seriously uses that shit.

Even with it off and HBAO+ on the Titan X is only getting 63.8 fps in that benchmark. I run basically every game I have with ambient occlusion maxed when available (e.g., Dragon Age Inquisition, Dying Light, GTA V, Far Cry 4) and they all run 60 fps on a GTX 970 at mostly ultra settings. I hear HairWorks murders performance too, which is disappointing since AMD's TressFX isn't too big a performance hit on Maxwell.

DJR210
05-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Even with it off and HBAO+ on the Titan X is only getting 63.8 fps in that benchmark. I run basically every game I have with ambient occlusion maxed when available (e.g., Dragon Age Inquisition, Dying Light, GTA V, Far Cry 4) and they all run 60 fps on a GTX 970 at mostly ultra settings. I hear HairWorks murders performance too, which is disappointing since AMD's TressFX isn't too big a performance hit on Maxwell.

Yeah I see that now.. what an unoptimized piece of shit.. and :lol hair tech. Such a minor detail to name a tech over. TressFX looked retarded on TR. It's crazy that 3 years later all these AAA titles still don't look as good as modded Skyrim.

baseline bum
05-18-2015, 09:23 PM
Yeah I see that now.. what an unoptimized piece of shit.. and :lol hair tech. Such a minor detail to name a tech over. TressFX looked retarded on TR. It's crazy that 3 years later all these AAA titles still don't look as good as modded Skyrim.

I kind of liked shampoo commercial mode on TR tbh

baseline bum
05-19-2015, 01:33 PM
LOL texture pop in at ultra settings using SLI Titan X

w6aNXYrenJY

DJR210
05-19-2015, 04:29 PM
Wow, that's real annoying. So much for immersion.

baseline bum
05-20-2015, 07:55 PM
The PS4 version of this game looks particularly bad. LOL framerates in the teens in cutscenes, in the twenties in gameplay, and all the pop in.

tkB8gpPzMkw

When did PS4 become the scrub console?

baseline bum
05-20-2015, 08:15 PM
Stuttering mess on PC even with a GTX 980 at 1080p

0t0BXpt_de8

DJR210
05-21-2015, 04:35 PM
:lol AMD ethered by Forbes over their crying about Witcher 3

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/05/21/amd-is-wrong-about-the-witcher-3-and-nvidias-hairworks/

:lol AMD
:cry they sabatoged our performance
:cry it's not fair
:cry forget business and market share, play nice and let us be successful too!!

05-23-2015, 01:01 AM
Stuttering mess on PC even with a GTX 980 at 1080p

0t0BXpt_de8
Weird, I haven't had any issues so far

baseline bum
05-23-2015, 12:59 PM

Apparently patch 1.03 makes a huge difference in performance. That video was done before it was out.

baseline bum
05-27-2015, 03:39 PM
For anyone with an Nvidia card who doesn't have Witcher 3, don't install the newest drivers for Witcher 3. They have been crashing like crazy in Chrome for me the last couple of days since installing. I thought maybe I had a bitcoin miner installed, since my GPU usage would climb to 100% for a second or two and then I'd get a blackscreen and a message the driver crashed. But the GPU usage never goes up like that when Chrome isn't being used, so I doubt that's it. Turns out lots of people are getting driver crashes in Chrome with this specific driver.

baseline bum
05-27-2015, 03:40 PM

You think Witcher 2 is a must before playing this?

05-27-2015, 04:06 PM

I personally finished witcher 2 before getting witcher 3, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

05-27-2015, 04:06 PM

I personally finished witcher 2 before getting witcher 3, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

DJR210
05-27-2015, 04:17 PM
I just started playing through Witcher 2.. Installed the texture overhaul along with the new textures on the weapons. The combat is kinda meh, and not being able to decapitate or dismember sucks. Dying Light ruined every game that doesn't feature that for me.

DJR210
05-27-2015, 04:23 PM
I don't think they did it just for console players. There are a lot of pc gamers still running with 560s, 7770s, etc etc

Why release a game that can only run on the highest of end PCs?

C'mon, any PC remotely recent can run basically any new game. There aren't any new games I can think of that aren't playable on average systems. It's all a matter of settings. If you are someone trying to game on a 470 and a Pentium II processor in 2015, then obviously gaming on PC isn't for you.

baseline bum
05-27-2015, 08:18 PM
C'mon, any PC remotely recent can run basically any new game. There aren't any new games I can think of that aren't playable on average systems. It's all a matter of settings. If you are someone trying to game on a 470 and a Pentium II processor in 2015, then obviously gaming on PC isn't for you.

You still need to make a Ubisoft exception tbh.

http://gamegpu.ru/images/remote/http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test_GPU-Action-Assassins_Creed_Unity-test-new-ac_1920.jpg

baseline bum
05-29-2015, 08:02 PM
Fuck the 352.86 driver for Witcher 3. Shit's crashing my 970 all the time in Chrome and I get worse performance in GTA V than with the April 350.12 driver, so I rolled back to 350.12. Nvidia is usually pretty awesome with their drivers as long as your card is current gen, but these new ones fucking suck.

IronMexican
06-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Held off as long as I could, but I picked it up today.

Game is a lot tougher than I expected.

DJR210
06-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Held off as long as I could, but I picked it up today.

Game is a lot tougher than I expected.

Same with Witcher 2.. I haven't broken a controller yet, but I might after getting good and liquored up.

IronMexican
06-20-2015, 07:26 PM
So far, I am enjoying the game. I haven't fallen in love with it. TheTcontrol movements feel jerky to me. I feel like the movements go from a snails pace, to very fast. Reminds me a ton of Vice City

The Reckoning
06-22-2015, 08:00 AM
i can only play this 15 min at a time. doesn't really keep my attention long. combat is pretty boring imo.

vander
10-26-2015, 08:08 PM
I haven't played any of the other recent open world games like assassins creed or GTA or whatever, so maybe this is just par for the course, but I'm pretty impressed with the sheer volume of content in this game: seemingly endless quests and characters and dialogue, and the world feels lively and huge... one of the very few games I think was completely worth the money, despite it's many oddities, cliche's, and annoyances.

baseline bum
10-26-2015, 08:22 PM
I haven't played any of the other recent open world games like assassins creed or GTA or whatever, so maybe this is just par for the course, but I'm pretty impressed with the sheer volume of content in this game: seemingly endless quests and characters and dialogue, and the world feels lively and huge... one of the very few games I think was completely worth the money, despite it's many oddities, cliche's, and annoyances.

Nah, Witcher 3 has an enormous amount of content just in the vanilla game, probably comparable to Skyrim + DLC. I haven't played the DLC yet though, so no idea how much that adds. And the game looks amazing if you have a new enough Nvidia card to run HBAO+. It's a lot more content than GTA V.

vander
10-27-2015, 02:54 PM
welp, turns out I did everything wrong, got the bad ending. didn't realize the dialog options with ciri were so pivotal. I'm actually kinda depressed about it :lol

baseline bum
10-27-2015, 04:05 PM
welp, turns out I did everything wrong, got the bad ending. didn't realize the dialog options with ciri were so pivotal. I'm actually kinda depressed about it :lol

LOL you went in the room to speak to the sorceresses with Ciri didn't you? I got the so-so ending where she became emperor because I followed through on the damn promise to swing by the emperor's place with her before the last battle. But at least Gerald gets to sleep in late with Yen every morning. :lol

vander
10-27-2015, 06:28 PM
LOL you went in the room to speak to the sorceresses with Ciri didn't you? I got the so-so ending where she became emperor because I followed through on the damn promise to swing by the emperor's place with her before the last battle. But at least Gerald gets to sleep in late with Yen every morning. :lol

yeah, and I was indecisive with yen/triss, so that didn't work out either.

2 of the ciri scenes were near the end so it wasn't too long to replay them for the good ending. but that bad ending was way more memorable

baseline bum
10-27-2015, 07:23 PM
yeah, and I was indecisive with yen/triss, so that didn't work out either.

2 of the ciri scenes were near the end so it wasn't too long to replay them for the good ending. but that bad ending was way more memorable

Man that would piss me off to put all that time into the game to get this ending :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1ofpl7NqYQ

Xevious
11-11-2015, 01:59 AM
Finally finished the game, I think I got the best possible outcomes and Ciri became a witcher. Don't think I'll play any of the DLC any time soon due to boredom. I'm going to move onto Fallout 4 whenever I pick that up.

hater
11-11-2015, 10:32 AM
i can only play this 15 min at a time. doesn't really keep my attention long. combat is pretty boring imo.

Agree with this. Gonna take me years to advance. I revise my grade of this game from 4 stars to 3

baseline bum
11-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Agree with this. Gonna take me years to advance. I revise my grade of this game from 4 stars to 3

Damn man, I remember your ass was really excited by this game when you got your new rig. Too many really tedious side quests make this game start getting old though.

ElNono
11-11-2015, 12:31 PM
tbh, when you bang the 3 witches, is that a problem when you go back to Kaen Moltar(sp?)????

baseline bum
11-11-2015, 12:57 PM
tbh, when you bang the 3 witches, is that a problem when you go back to Kaen Moltar(sp?)????

You talking about that blonde chick, Triss, and Yennefer? I think you're alright once you get to Kaer Morhen.

hater
11-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Damn man, I remember your ass was really excited by this game when you got your new rig. Too many really tedious side quests make this game start getting old though.

U still playing it? It's a fun game but yeah just too much tedious and repetitive shit.

baseline bum
11-11-2015, 11:16 PM
U still playing it? It's a fun game but yeah just too much tedious and repetitive shit.

Nah, I beat it a ways back and haven't touched it since. I always do the side quests since they make a lot of games great (e.g., Dying Light or the Fallout series), but in Witcher 3 there are some awesome side quests but a lot of really boring ones too. The main quest is great. I just stopped doing the side quests in Witcher 3 once my character's level was so high that none of them were above my level anymore.

Xevious
11-12-2015, 03:09 AM
It only causes a problem if you try to commit to both Triss and Yen. You have to pick one or the other, or lose both. That other chick means nothing, and was dead in my playthrough anyway.

ElNono
11-12-2015, 07:30 PM
It only causes a problem if you try to commit to both Triss and Yen. You have to pick one or the other, or lose both. That other chick means nothing, and was dead in my playthrough anyway.

:tu

02-02-2016, 04:47 AM
Finally picked this back up a few days ago and I've been playing it pretty heavy. Just like TW2 it had to grow on me, but now that I'm pretty into it's hard to put down :tu

Best single player game I've ever played

baseline bum
02-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Finally picked this back up a few days ago and I've been playing it pretty heavy. Just like TW2 it had to grow on me, but now that I'm pretty into it's hard to put down :tu

Best single player game I've ever played

How do you think Witcher 2 compares to Witcher 3? Is it a must play game if you liked the third one?

02-03-2016, 12:06 AM
How do you think Witcher 2 compares to Witcher 3? Is it a must play game if you liked the third one?
I liked TW2 but I'm glad I played it before tw3 because I'm not sure I could go back :lol

It's definitely more raw around the edges and the gameplay is a bit different (not open world), but the story is top notch. It's more political oriented so it would probably clear up some things maybe you didn't catch in tw3. However, I don't feel it's necessary. If you finished TW3 and want something to play til the next DLC I'd say it's worth a play through. It's short too, I didn't do many side quest and beat in maybe a week or two iirc

02-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Beat it earlier today. Got the ending with Ciri becoming a Witcher. Was kinda disappointed we didn't get some kind of boss fight with Ciri at the end, but whatever. Also I forgot to go back to Djikstra and do the quest to kill Radovid so he won the war which is kind of bummer. The most annoying part of the ending is how it just loads you to a point before the ending and takes away all the side characters. Makes the game feel empty and nothing left to do.

Still a great game though 5/5

baseline bum
02-10-2016, 09:52 PM
I liked TW2 but I'm glad I played it before tw3 because I'm not sure I could go back :lol

It's definitely more raw around the edges and the gameplay is a bit different (not open world), but the story is top notch. It's more political oriented so it would probably clear up some things maybe you didn't catch in tw3. However, I don't feel it's necessary. If you finished TW3 and want something to play til the next DLC I'd say it's worth a play through. It's short too, I didn't do many side quest and beat in maybe a week or two iirc

:lol I asked you the same shit like 7 months ago in this thread

02-10-2016, 10:13 PM
:lol I asked you the same shit like 7 months ago in this thread
Oh shit, glad to see I'm consistent :lol

vander
02-11-2016, 09:57 AM
the DLC was surprisingly good. Though the whole plot was "because a wizard did it" and the end was anticlimactic, it was fun to play and rather creative

The world definitely feels empty with all the main characters gone :(

Leetonidas
04-09-2016, 11:50 PM
I know I'm always late to everything. but after I got tired of dying in lords of the fallen I decided to pick up this game to fill up my time...so far it's living up to the hype but I'm only like 7 hours in so far

Joseph Kony
05-04-2016, 12:47 PM
I finally beat this shit, took me 3 weeks of fairly consistent playing :wow I suppose Ciri leaving with Geralt to continue witching is the best ending possible?

Anyone who has played the DLC -- is it worth it and how many hours of gameplay did you get out of it?

baseline bum
05-04-2016, 12:59 PM
I finally beat this shit, took me 3 weeks of fairly consistent playing :wow I suppose Ciri leaving with Geralt to continue witching is the best ending possible?

Yeah. How the hell did you beat it in 3 weeks? Shit took me like two months. :lol

Joseph Kony
05-04-2016, 01:08 PM
I left my old job a month ago to treat myself to an extended vacation before I start working in June since I had a lot of money saved, I've been living the life of a childless housewife :lol

Joseph Kony
05-04-2016, 01:11 PM
kinda bummed though as I always am when I finish a really good storied game. At least there are still a good amount of contracts and side quests to do plus two expansions but that was a pretty great story, although I thought I was going to beat it last week when I fought the wild hunt at Kaer moren but it still took me another week :lol

baseline bum
05-04-2016, 02:36 PM
I've been living the life of a childless housewife :lol

Wait, you been fucking black men? smh

Trainwreck2100
05-04-2016, 03:22 PM
have this game, still need to finish witcher 2 though

Joseph Kony
05-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Wait, you been fucking black men? smh

boys* I am Joseph Kony after all tbh

baseline bum
06-01-2016, 11:53 PM
Man this game has gotten some massive improvements in performance via patches since I last played it almost a year ago. I loaded this up with my old settings I was getting 60 fps on and I'm getting 75-80 fps now, I can even run Hairworks with AA on it on my 970, which was unthinkable last year if you wanted to keep 60 fps on this card. DJR210, if you haven't played this make it your first game after getting a 1070. That card will easily allow you to max shit out and you'll probably still get 80 fps. RandomGuy man, I highly recommend getting this game to show off your new system once you get the gpu. Though it has some tits in it so not sure if you want the kids playing. :lol

baseline bum
06-01-2016, 11:56 PM
And the Blood and Wine expansion is supposedly finally bringing the level of graphics we saw them tease at E3 a few years ago. Though it's only for that section of the game, it doesn't revamp the base game.

Joseph Kony
06-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I'll probably get both expansions and get on this once I finished the Nathan Drake collection, let me know if it's worth the 24.99 tbh

baseline bum
06-04-2016, 12:27 PM
I'll probably get both expansions and get on this once I finished the Nathan Drake collection, let me know if it's worth the 24.99 tbh

You'll probably play it before I do. Once I finish AC Revelations I'm jumping on Fallout 4 Far Harbor.

Joseph Kony
06-04-2016, 12:37 PM
oh yeah, I forget I need to do that too. And finish the Following. and DS3 :lol

vander
06-26-2016, 09:53 AM
so far, I've finished one side quest in the latest expansion. It was more fun and engaging than anything that happened in Fallout 4.

Joseph Kony
06-28-2016, 12:00 AM
Yeah I heard Far Harbor was pretty disappointing which is why I don't feel bad getting rid of Fallout. I havent looked into it, does Blood and Wine take place within the main areas somewhere or did they make a new map for this?

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 10:25 PM
Yeah I heard Far Harbor was pretty disappointing which is why I don't feel bad getting rid of Fallout. I havent looked into it, does Blood and Wine take place within the main areas somewhere or did they make a new map for this?

Blood and Wine is a new map. I just started playing Hearts of Stone today and it's pretty awesome so far. Hearts of Stone just opens up the east part of the map in the area with Novigrad and Oxenfurt.

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 11:14 PM
God damn I have a lot of playing time in this game :lol

http://i.imgur.com/AbIP5bZ.jpg

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 11:35 PM
That game hour counter has to be wrong, I don't think I had even 200 hours and I haven't played the game in months (though I played at least 6 hours today). But being a completionist is supposed to take 162 hours according to howlongtobeat.com.

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=10270

redzero
07-05-2016, 02:48 AM
I am still tool lazy to beat the first Witcher. I am halfway through, and I just never got around to beating it.

baseline bum
07-08-2016, 09:52 PM

I just finished Hearts of Stone, and it's outstanding, one of the best DLCs I have played in a game. And Blood and Wine is supposed to be twice and long, better graphically, and also have a great storyline. If Blood and Wine is even half as good as Hearts of Stone then yeah, it's worth the $24.99. I imagine once I finish Blood and Wine I'll go back and play Witcher 2. CD Project Red has done such an amazing job with Witcher 3, I can't wait to see Cyberpunk 2077 in 2018 or so.

Leetonidas
07-16-2016, 01:11 AM
I just finished Hearts of Stone, and it's outstanding, one of the best DLCs I have played in a game. And Blood and Wine is supposed to be twice and long, better graphically, and also have a great storyline. If Blood and Wine is even half as good as Hearts of Stone then yeah, it's worth the $24.99. I imagine once I finish Blood and Wine I'll go back and play Witcher 2. CD Project Red has done such an amazing job with Witcher 3, I can't wait to see Cyberpunk 2077 in 2018 or so.

started playing it now. fuck this toad prince:lol

baseline bum
07-17-2016, 09:30 PM
Man the Skellige deck in gwent sucks

Leetonidas
07-17-2016, 11:23 PM
Vlodmir was such a try hard faggot tbh :lol

Leetonidas
07-18-2016, 07:28 PM
welp finished hearts of stone, pretty solid expansion though wish it was a bit longer. gaunter o’dimm was an interesting character. on to blood and wine now

vander
07-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Man the Skellige deck in gwent sucks

and it doesn't let me save between matches in the tournament :lol:bang

Leetonidas
07-19-2016, 08:06 PM
I never figured out how to play Gwent tbh

baseline bum
07-19-2016, 08:39 PM
and it doesn't let me save between matches in the tournament :lol:bang

The guy with the Niilfgard deck is pretty hard. The way to win the tournament is to not have any special cards in your Skellige deck and then when you draw to discard any duplicates of cards that pull multiple cards when played (so those multiple cards get pulled from the discard instead of your hand). Then when playing against Monsters or Scoia'tael decks pick all three scorch cards for when the other guy uses the cards that pull two others from the discard/hand. When playing against the Niilfgard deck forget about those scorch cards and select three decoys instead to use to steal all the spies the Niilfgard guy plays. For the guy who uses the Skellige deck it doesn't matter since it's a piece of shit deck and thus he's really easy to beat.

baseline bum
07-19-2016, 08:40 PM
I never figured out how to play Gwent tbh

I thought it was stupid at first and avoided it for the longest time, but it actually turns out to be pretty fun once you learn the rules. CDPR is going to put out a standalone Gwent game later on I think.

vander
07-19-2016, 09:57 PM
The guy with the Niilfgard deck is pretty hard. The way to win the tournament is to not have any special cards in your Skellige deck and then when you draw to discard any duplicates of cards that pull multiple cards when played (so those multiple cards get pulled from the discard instead of your hand). Then when playing against Monsters or Scoia'tael decks pick all three scorch cards for when the other guy uses the cards that pull two others from the discard/hand. When playing against the Niilfgard deck forget about those scorch cards and select three decoys instead to use to steal all the spies the Niilfgard guy plays. For the guy who uses the Skellige deck it doesn't matter since it's a piece of shit deck and thus he's really easy to beat.

Yeah I definitely played it wrong the first few times, and the nilfgard guy had all 3 decoys and like 4 spies so I never really had a chance. 3rd try I managed to get all the way through but every game was close and dramatic, started one game with no spies or heroes and one decoy

Joseph Kony
07-20-2016, 02:41 PM
God damn I have a lot of playing time in this game :lol

http://i.imgur.com/AbIP5bZ.jpg
What kind of weapons are you using? I'm level 40 and using the viper venomous witcher gear and my DPS is a good bit lower than yours :wow

baseline bum
07-20-2016, 02:58 PM
What kind of weapons are you using? I'm level 40 and using the viper venomous witcher gear and my DPS is a good bit lower than yours :wow

The mastercrafted feline set.

baseline bum
07-20-2016, 03:28 PM

It's not just the weapons though. I have three greater red mutagens and a ton of level ups for attacks (For the fourth I have a greater blue mutagen for making the axii sign strong).

vander
07-20-2016, 04:17 PM
dammit!
*Spoilers*
I wanted to side with Detlef, everything was her fault so if he decided to kill her then so be it. but because I couldn't resist playing Gwent, and happened to win a ribbon earlier, now I have to fight Detlef? :pctoss
in his 2nd form his attacks kill me in one hit with a maxed out Quen shield

vander
07-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Well, freaking fantastic game. Great end to the saga of Geralt. I'm not into fantasy, but probably going to have to read the books.

baseline bum
07-21-2016, 10:24 PM
Well, freaking fantastic game. Great end to the saga of Geralt. I'm not into fantasy, but probably going to have to read the books.

Have you played the other two games? If so, how do they compare, obviously ignoring graphics?

baseline bum
07-21-2016, 10:45 PM
This game is good enough that I'll probably do an NG+ playthrough again after I upgrade my gpu (so I can turn everything on the max, eg hairworks and shit).

Xevious
07-24-2016, 12:11 AM
Are all the books translated into English? A few years ago when I was looking some of them weren't, so I didn't bother starting any of them.

Joseph Kony
07-24-2016, 01:24 AM
Blood and Wine is the best expansion I've played for a game since the Shivering Isles for ES:IV like 10 years ago imo

baseline bum
07-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Blood and Wine is the best expansion I've played for a game since the Shivering Isles for ES:IV like 10 years ago imo

I just finished that shit a couple of days ago and it was pretty impressive. Still, my favorite DLC I have played is Old World Blues from Fallout New Vegas.

Joseph Kony
07-24-2016, 12:30 PM
I've wanted to try it but I can't bring myself to go back to a last gen game since I don't have a PC :cry

on a side note, im waiting to hear if I get these nice paying job this week and if I do I think im just going to build a gaming PC

baseline bum
07-24-2016, 12:50 PM
I've wanted to try it but I can't bring myself to go back to a last gen game since I don't have a PC :cry

on a side note, im waiting to hear if I get these nice paying job this week and if I do I think im just going to build a gaming PC

Sweet, just in time to buy a $1200 Titan XP.

vander
08-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Have you played the other two games? If so, how do they compare, obviously ignoring graphics?

haven't played 1, and the story of 2 was more about empire vs. empire vs. elves vs. sorcery, I never got into it as much as 3. but it's not really fair to compare it to 3, it's mostly similar but not open world, you move from small map to small map, which limits the scope of side quests. the fighting was less forgiving and probably better than w3.

vander
08-01-2016, 08:58 PM
Are all the books translated into English? A few years ago when I was looking some of them weren't, so I didn't bother starting any of them.

The important ones are: Sword of Destiny and Last Wish are quite good and complement Witcher 3 very well, I wish I had read them before playing.

the main series is not very good, I'm on book 4 and it just keeps getting worse, everything is random coincidences and cheap thrills, and not much of substance ever happens. also, he inexplicably 180'ed Ciri's character at the end of book 2, after she lost all her magic just by saying saying she renounced it :lol a total cop out so he could turn her into a murdering bandit slut for a while I guess.. and yeah it appears the last one won't be translated until next year.

baseline bum
08-01-2016, 10:31 PM
haven't played 1, and the story of 2 was more about empire vs. empire vs. elves vs. sorcery, I never got into it as much as 3. but it's not really fair to compare it to 3, it's mostly similar but not open world, you move from small map to small map, which limits the scope of side quests. the fighting was less forgiving and probably better than w3.

Thanks. Everyone seems to recommend Witcher 2 so I'm going to have to give it a try.

DJR210
01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
So I finally finished the main quests of FO4 and jumped in to this shit.. Now this is a Witcher game that I can really enjoy. Glad they added the finishing moves because it was retarded in Witcher 2 not being able to dismember with a fucking sword.

Only thing that sucks in my opinion is the default lighting system, and the fact that certain mods don't work w/ the GOTY edition. Atmospheric nights and Super Turbo Lighting Mod look great, but won't fucking run on 1.31 ,,!,

DJR210
01-05-2017, 04:42 PM
This game is good enough that I'll probably do an NG+ playthrough again after I upgrade my gpu (so I can turn everything on the max, eg hairworks and shit).

Hairworks fucking sucks, adds nothing to the game. I think the default hair animations are better tbh

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Only thing that sucks in my opinion is the default lighting system, and the fact that certain mods don't work w/ the GOTY edition. Atmospheric nights and Super Turbo Lighting Mod look great, but won't fucking run on 1.31 ,,!,

Man I don't like that lighting mod at all. It turns down the color saturation too much. The vibrant colors are something that really make Witcher 3 stand out to me. That mod makes shit too realistic. I don't like these make night dark mods either. At least that one's not as bad as the Fallout 3 and New Vegas mods that made night pitch black. I'm not a big fan of modding these open world games unless it's for bug fixes (like in the Fallout games). Too many of these mods change the art style of the game too much. Super Turbo Lighting just feels like an enormous downgrade to me. The default lighting is amazing in Witcher 3.

DJR210
01-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Man I don't like that lighting mod at all. It turns down the color saturation too much. The vibrant colors are something that really make Witcher 3 stand out to me. That mod makes shit too realistic. I don't like these make night dark mods either. At least that one's not as bad as the Fallout 3 and New Vegas mods that made night pitch black. I'm not a big fan of modding these open world games unless it's for bug fixes (like in the Fallout games). Too many of these mods change the art style of the game too much. Super Turbo Lighting just feels like an enormous downgrade to me. The default lighting is amazing in Witcher 3.

It's the combo that looks good. STLM works on 1.31 solo, but I don't like it either and use default. I just fucking hate how bright it is at 11 PM, not to mention dawn is at 3 AM

Reck
01-05-2017, 05:11 PM
Is this game really that good? I'm thinking of getting the GOTY edition of this. Amazon has it for 40 bucks.

DJR210
01-05-2017, 05:13 PM
Is this game really that good? I'm thinking of getting the GOTY edition of this. Amazon has it for 40 bucks.

If you're a fan of the series then for sure, if you're a fan of open world, violent, well written games then for sure too. I fucking hate the story of 95% of all games.. even if they are voiced and animated right, they're just boring as fuck and lame. The story here is actually entertaining and doesn't seem like a chore to listen and pay attention to.

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 05:21 PM

It goes a little overkill in the amount of side quests but otherwise it's amazing. It has great action, it's violent as hell, the graphics and music are top notch, there is a great minigame called Gwent in it that's a lot of fun, and it has a ton of content (especially the GOTY version). It is much better than any game that came out in 2016 and Dying Light was the only 2015 game that I thought was as good.

Reck
01-05-2017, 05:22 PM
If you're a fan of the series then for sure, if you're a fan of open world, violent, well written games then for sure too. I fucking hate the story of 95% of all games.. even if they are voiced and animated right, they're just boring as fuck and lame. The story here is actually entertaining and doesn't seem like a chore to listen and pay attention to.

I'd be going in blind. I've never played any of the witcher games.

One of my new year's resolution is to start playing a shit ton of games again. I'm going to resume my trophy hunting ways.

https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Reck24.png

Reck
01-05-2017, 05:26 PM
It goes a little overkill in the amount of side quests but otherwise it's amazing. It has great action, it's violent as hell, the graphics and music are top notch, there is a great minigame called Gwent in it that's a lot of fun, and it has a ton of content (especially the GOTY version). It is much better than any game that came out in 2016 and Dying Light was the only 2015 game that I thought was as good.

I'll add it to my wishlist to buy together with RE7 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 that are coming out later this month.

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 05:30 PM
I'd be going in blind. I've never played any of the witcher games.

One of my new year's resolution is to start playing a shit ton of games again. I'm going to resume my trophy hunting ways.

https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/Reck24.png

I went in having played half an hour of Witcher 2 (and not liking it much). Not a worry at all.

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 05:31 PM

I'll add it to my wishlist to buy together with RE7 and Kingdom Hearts 2.8 that are coming out later this month.

I'm still waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn. Man I hope that game turns out as good as it looked at E3.

Reck
01-05-2017, 05:44 PM
I'm still waiting for Horizon Zero Dawn. Man I hope that game turns out as good as it looked at E3.

2017 is going to be brutal to my bank account. So many games I want.

Did you get your PS4 yet?

Try out the demo for Nier. Its out in the Playstation store. Game is awesome from the little I played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3JS2NvI-zc

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/nier-automata-demo-120161128/cid=UP0082-CUSA06999_00-NIERAUTOMATADEMO?emcid=ps-ga-871&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=Games&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

Cry Havoc
01-05-2017, 06:11 PM
I think this deserves a

and a year later, my 290x is running this game on high/ultra at a near locked 60fps @ 1080p. With hairworks on and settings on high I get anywhere from 48-60fps. :P

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 06:42 PM

Try out the demo for Nier. Its out in the Playstation store. Game is awesome from the little I played.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/nier-automata-demo-120161128/cid=UP0082-CUSA06999_00-NIERAUTOMATADEMO?emcid=ps-ga-871&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=Games&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

Yeah I got my PS4 when it was on sale last month. Currently playing Uncharted 3. I tried the Nier demo. It was ok but not something I'd buy. I got the demo for Gravity Rush 2 but haven't tried it yet. The games I'm really looking forward to are Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Nioh, and the Kingdom Hearts games look pretty interesting (I haven't played any of them). I hope at least one of Days Gone and God of War makes it out this year. This definitely looks like the year of the Playstation based on what we saw out of E3. My brother keeps telling me I gotta play Final Fantasy VII, so I might grab that when the remaster comes out too (my last FF was VI).

apalisoc_9
01-05-2017, 07:06 PM

DMC as a blind girl with different opponents..

its pretty much the same thing.

but I do enjoy playing those games.

apalisoc_9
01-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Yeah I got my PS4 when it was on sale last month. Currently playing Uncharted 3. I tried the Nier demo. It was ok but not something I'd buy. I got the demo for Gravity Rush 2 but haven't tried it yet. The games I'm really looking forward to are Horizon Zero Dawn, Days Gone, God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, Nioh, and the Kingdom Hearts games look pretty interesting (I haven't played any of them). I hope at least one of Days Gone and God of War makes it out this year. This definitely looks like the year of the Playstation based on what we saw out of E3. My brother keeps telling me I gotta play Final Fantasy VII, so I might grab that when the remaster comes out too (my last FF was VI).

FFV remastered?

Omg by far the most overrated game of all time..As an avid JRPG fan back in the days, I can tell you that FF9 is significantly better.

ffV was super popular though..Probably when JRPG become mainstream in America...

Reck
01-05-2017, 07:21 PM
DMC as a blind girl with different opponents..

its pretty much the same thing.

but I do enjoy playing those games.

Actually this is more along the lines of Metal Gear Solid reveangence with Raiden. Made by the same studio, too.

Reck
01-05-2017, 07:24 PM

Then wait for the remake remake for Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5. that's coming out this year in March. I have them both but for the PS3 and haven't played them either but from what I can remember, they are fun as hell. They have 2 playable games in each ones and 1 made up of cutcenes in both.

Pretty decent games.

Leetonidas
01-05-2017, 08:12 PM
FFV remastered?

Omg by far the most overrated game of all time..As an avid JRPG fan back in the days, I can tell you that FF9 is significantly better.

ffV was super popular though..Probably when JRPG become mainstream in America...

You're actually spot on about that :wow FF9 is the greatest FF ever imo

Leetonidas
01-05-2017, 08:13 PM
Also Reck speaking as someone who has only played the third witcher, get it. Its incredible. LoU was my #1 til I played this game, it's easily one of if not the greatest video games ever made. Some references to past events in the series may not register but overall not playing the first 2 made no difference in my enjoyment and understanding of the game

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Also Reck speaking as someone who has only played the third witcher, get it. Its incredible. LoU was my #1 til I played this game, it's easily one of if not the greatest video games ever made. Some references to past events in the series may not register but overall not playing the first 2 made no difference in my enjoyment and understanding of the game

TLOU is a good comparison for the quality of TWC3. PC gamers tend to think of Witcher 3 the same way PS3/PS4 gamers do The Last of Us. I think Witcher 3 plays way better on a gamepad than mouse and keyboard so I imagine it's an awesome experience on console too (though I played it on PC).

baseline bum
01-05-2017, 08:30 PM
You're actually spot on about that :wow FF9 is the greatest FF ever imo

Have you played IV or VI? Those were killer games on the SNES (though they were called II and III).

Joseph Kony
01-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Have you played IV or VI? Those were killer games on the SNES (though they were called II and III).

IV I have but never got around to playing, but VI i've played, one of my favorites as a kid, I used to rent FF3 for my snes from latest and greatest video every friday after school :lol that was my shit

Reck
01-05-2017, 08:52 PM
They've totally revamped the the fighting mechanics for FF7. Its no longer turn-based. You just hack away. Looks interesting.

Not sure about the episodic method though.

DJR210
01-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Actually this is more along the lines of Metal Gear Solid reveangence with Raiden. Made by the same studio, too.

Speaking of MGS, I feel like playing the original PS1 version on epsxe or whatever the fuck it's called.. That opening level was the SHIT.. swimming in and getting briefed by the old man.. Good times :tu

diego
01-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Just finished this recently, fantasy stuff is not my cup of tea, didn't like Witcher 2, but really liked this game despite some tedious mechanics. The presentation is excellent, the amount of content is staggering (I probably completed only half the quests / events), the story/character builds are very open, and unexpectedly encountering a powerful monster is simply awesome. Thanks baseline for the recommendation.

DJR210
01-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Just finished this recently, fantasy stuff is not my cup of tea, didn't like Witcher 2, but really liked this game despite some tedious mechanics. The presentation is excellent, the amount of content is staggering (I probably completed only half the quests / events), the story/character builds are very open, and unexpectedly encountering a powerful monster is simply awesome. Thanks baseline for the recommendation.

Which mechanics don't you like? Alchemy and oils and shit?

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 05:06 PM

Unless you put in 150+ hours you probably didn't get to half of it man. :lol

Definitely one of the best games this decade.

diego
01-12-2017, 05:22 PM
Which mechanics don't you like? Alchemy and oils and shit?

Yeah, the alchemy isn't that bad because you can replenish but reaching the right craftsman / maintaining your stuff is super tedious, I don't know how many times I went up and down the crows perch to make the higher level armor... Later on the dlc's add craftsmen that can do both armor and weapons and are nearer to travel points but in the beginning you spend a lot of time going back and forth, same later on to get some of the higher alchemy ingredients... Theyre not terrible mechanics per se but it does feel more like work than play at times.

I'm scared to look at the stats of how many hours I put in! Don't think I ever spent this much time on a single player game

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm scared to look at the stats of how many hours I put in! Don't think I ever spent this much time on a single player game

You can check it in your inventory screen. The total playing time is at the bottom right.

http://i.imgur.com/TL3XeDD.png

Reck
01-12-2017, 05:59 PM
You can check it in your inventory screen. The total playing time is at the bottom right.

http://i.imgur.com/TL3XeDD.png

Almost 400 hours? :lol

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Almost 400 hours? :lol

Yeah I played the base game for like 200 hours in 2015 when it came out. And then when Blood & Wine came out in 2016 I finished out everything in the base game and the two DLCs for the other 180 hours. 2016 was such a slow year for gaming. Thankfully 2017 looks a lot better.

Reck
01-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Yeah I played the base game for like 200 hours in 2015 when it came out. And then when Blood & Wine came out in 2016 I finished out everything in the base game and the two DLCs for the other 180 hours. 2016 was such a slow year for gaming. Thankfully 2017 looks a lot better.

So there wont be any more DLCs coming for it?

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 07:08 PM
So there wont be any more DLCs coming for it?

Nope, they have said the entire Witcher storyline is closed for good and they're moving on to Cyberpunk 2077 (which is why there will be no PS4 Pro patch for Witcher 3).

diego
01-12-2017, 07:43 PM
Decided to man up and look....
Have 105 hours but also at level 48, though my swords armor etc are like 15% weaker than yours. I have a blood and wine Witcher contract and 2 sidequests still available plus all the gwent and racing stuff, and a bunch of question marks still open in every area but wild orchard...

Only other games I played that much single player were multiple runs, like vampire bloodlines.. That's another impressive thing about this one, no bugs, you can find something before hand and the story adapts without a hitch

DJR210
01-12-2017, 08:43 PM
400 hours is the norm for these type of games.. I had 400 in Skyrim too, and that's never having finished the main quest or any DLC's

baseline bum
01-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Decided to man up and look....
Have 105 hours but also at level 48, though my swords armor etc are like 15% weaker than yours. I have a blood and wine Witcher contract and 2 sidequests still available plus all the gwent and racing stuff, and a bunch of question marks still open in every area but wild orchard...

Only other games I played that much single player were multiple runs, like vampire bloodlines.. That's another impressive thing about this one, no bugs, you can find something before hand and the story adapts without a hitch

Witcher 3 had some nasty bugs early on, as does any kind of big open world game. For instance, my game crashed to desktop probably 3/4 of the time when I stepped out on the balcony to look at the mountains at Kaer Morhen right after taking that bath at the very beginning of the game.

diego
01-12-2017, 09:36 PM
Well, good to wait then because I was amazed I never had any kind of hitch except for once I managed to swim out of the map but I fell right back in it so no harm done. And I did several things out of order, but the game would notify you if that had an irreversible effect, so I reloaded and did it the other way, in order and the way the dialog / storylines adapt is really well done. A lot of times these kind of open end rpgs get game breaking bugs in those situations.

Arcadian
01-14-2017, 08:25 PM
I finally got into this game last November...100 hours in, and I fucking love it. Just started the Blood and Wine expansion. Top 10 game of all time

apalisoc_9
01-15-2017, 08:40 PM
Lol..I really want to play this game but I dpbt want to exhaust myself by feb/march when I start Horizon dawn. :lol

Reck
01-15-2017, 09:36 PM
Lol..I really want to play this game but I dpbt want to exhaust myself by feb/march when I start Horizon dawn. :lol

Dont worry. You'll be able to be that game in like 5 hours. :lol

apalisoc_9
01-16-2017, 12:12 AM
Dont worry. You'll be able to be that game in like 5 hours. :lol

The action adventure + Rpg elements of this game man...Fuck.

It looks so good. Aloy sliding into the ground, climbing into huge robots like uncharted, Stealth mechanics like the last of us in an RPG :wow..

I've also seen footage of damage translated into numbers...shit.

Almost everything I want in a game is here...I would have loved companions but cant really complain..

vander
01-16-2017, 02:24 AM
that Cyberpunk 2077 teaser tbh, can't believe it came out like 4 years ago and I'm only seeing it now...

so as far as eagerly anticipated games from reputable studios, there is: Cyberpunk 2077, HL3, and... ?

personal, responsibility
personal, responsibility
personal, responsibility

baseline bum
01-16-2017, 02:38 AM
that Cyberpunk 2077 teaser tbh, can't believe it came out like 4 years ago and I'm only seeing it now...

so as far as eagerly anticipated games from reputable studios, there is: Cyberpunk 2077, HL3, and... ?

personal, responsibility
personal, responsibility
personal, responsibility

I think an anonymous source within Valve said Half Life 3 is dead. That they tried to do it a couple of times and never got anywhere.

vander
01-16-2017, 03:14 AM
I think an anonymous source within Valve said Half Life 3 is dead. That they tried to do it a couple of times and never got anywhere.

no surprise there, but if they had any pride they would announce it. Fuck them for pretending all this time. glad I haven't purchased a game through steam in a long time.

Reck
01-16-2017, 02:11 PM

Lost interest or what?

Cant imagine an indie game costing a lot of money to make these days. Specially in the format they make them now.

Xevious
06-20-2017, 01:00 AM
The DLCs were on sale so I went ahead and got them finally. I loaded up my endgame save, and jesus christ I forgot how to play this game. :lol It's going to take me a while to get back into it. Think it's been like a year and a half since I've touched it.

benefactor
12-08-2017, 07:31 PM
Gonna be a series on Netflix tbh

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/908369-the-witcher-to-be-developed-by-lauren-schmidt-hissrich-for-netflix

Xevious
12-09-2017, 01:29 AM
Gonna be a series on Netflix tbh

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/908369-the-witcher-to-be-developed-by-lauren-schmidt-hissrich-for-netflix
No fucking way, that's awesome. :tu

benefactor
07-20-2019, 10:54 AM
Trailer is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

baseline bum
07-20-2019, 11:44 AM
Trailer is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

Will be waiting to see Keira Metz' tits tbh

spurraider21
07-20-2019, 03:29 PM
brah you know you can just find porn on the internet right?

baseline bum
07-20-2019, 03:49 PM
brah you know you can just find porn on the internet right?

Chatsworth has let me down on their lack of Witcher themed porn tbh. Sad after seeing them come with classics like the Married With Children themed one or The Cockateer. Whose Nailin Paylin was pretty good too.

DJR210
07-23-2019, 12:39 AM

I killed that cunt tbh.. And I don't mean I chose to fuck her

Joseph Kony
07-23-2019, 08:39 PM
I killed that cunt tbh.. And I don't mean I chose to fuck her

first time i kept her around. second time i tried different choices and didnt realize what would happen if i insulted her but oh well :lol bitch got what she deserved tbh

LaMarcus Bryant
07-24-2019, 08:09 AM
Is keira that witch in the tub that shows her tits?

I just got past that part the other day lol

vander
07-24-2019, 08:27 AM
looks like they're throwing in that "child of destiny" thing early. but on the off chance that this doesn't get approved for 7 or even 2 seasons, I really hope S1 is mostly about the short stories.

the 2 books of short stories were fantastic, and the first book of the "main story" was OK, but it pretty steadily fell apart after that.

DJR210
07-24-2019, 02:10 PM
Is keira that witch in the tub that shows her tits?

I just got past that part the other day lol

Yeah.. that's her. TBH, which leading lady in that game doesn't have her tits rendered.. I would assume the only reason Ciri doesn't is because she's presumably underage at that point in the timeline

Reck
07-24-2019, 02:26 PM
looks like they're throwing in that "child of destiny" thing early. but on the off chance that this doesn't get approved for 7 or even 2 seasons, I really hope S1 is mostly about the short stories.

the 2 books of short stories were fantastic, and the first book of the "main story" was OK, but it pretty steadily fell apart after that.

LOL He said 7 seasons.

This show is going to heavily rely on special effects so Netflix is not going to keep it for more than 2 or 3 seasons.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-29-2019, 11:05 AM
One thing that is kinda fucking annoying is having to hear the story intro every re-load
And the loading times themselves. I'm only playing on Blood Bath difficulty instead of Death March bc I don't want to waste 15 minutes of every hour staring at story and loading screens, shit gets annoying

baseline bum
07-29-2019, 12:05 PM
One thing that is kinda fucking annoying is having to hear the story intro every re-load
And the loading times themselves. I'm only playing on Blood Bath difficulty instead of Death March bc I don't want to waste 15 minutes of every hour staring at story and loading screens, shit gets annoying

God, loading times are bad enough on my PC with a Xeon and an SSD.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-29-2019, 12:30 PM
God, loading times are bad enough on my PC with a Xeon and an SSD.

What do you think about the difficulty settings? I'm currently level 6 and randomly exploring the first new area you get to after visiting the emporer. I can do Death March but each battle takes considerably longer...gotta single out and draw 'em out one at time. I keep switching from Death March and blood bath.
Also it took me a min to realize all my used potions regenerate with meditation. That's convenient lol I was being all stingy with their usage.
Pretty awesome game, I still feel like the movement is janky at times tho. Another solid recommendation BB :tu

benefactor
10-31-2019, 04:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

Cry Havoc
10-31-2019, 06:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndl1W4ltcmg

That looks fucking INCREDIBLE, though I'm not super impressed by the casting choices.

Cry Havoc
10-31-2019, 06:36 PM
Finally beat the main quest, 130 hours in. What a fucking game. Diving right into the expo content.

benefactor
10-31-2019, 10:40 PM
That looks fucking INCREDIBLE, though I'm not super impressed by the casting choices.
I'm not sure about all the characters, but I like Cavill. He'll do well as Geralt.

DJR210
11-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Finally beat the main quest, 130 hours in. What a fucking game. Diving right into the expo content.

Yeah, it was a fun game.. I got kinda bored during Blood and Wine though and stopped short of finishing that DLC and uninstalled

chunticakes
04-30-2020, 01:50 PM
What do you think about the difficulty settings? I'm currently level 6 and randomly exploring the first new area you get to after visiting the emporer. I can do Death March but each battle takes considerably longer...gotta single out and draw 'em out one at time. I keep switching from Death March and blood bath.
Also it took me a min to realize all my used potions regenerate with meditation. That's convenient lol I was being all stingy with their usage.
Pretty awesome game, I still feel like the movement is janky at times tho. Another solid recommendation BB :tu

I finally started playing this game, I had it on queue for three years.

I'm 23 hours in and I'm barely level 6. I have yet to use a potion. :lol

baseline bum
04-30-2020, 01:53 PM

Man if there is any game to play on lockdown, Witcher 3 might be it. It's easily something one could play for ten hours in a day. :lol

Joseph Kony
04-30-2020, 07:09 PM
Yeah, it was a fun game.. I got kinda bored during Blood and Wine though and stopped short of finishing that DLC and uninstalled

:wow

so you never beat the Beast of Beauclair? Damn....you should fire that up and play through it again tbh. B&W is the best expansion i ever played, easily the best since the Shivering Isles expansion for elder scrolls IV

Xevious
04-30-2020, 08:02 PM

so you never beat the Beast of Beauclair? Damn....you should fire that up and play through it again tbh. B&W is the best expansion i ever played, easily the best since the Shivering Isles expansion for elder scrolls IV
I usually don't bother with DLCs anymore, because they're short as shit and/or content that should've been included in the release product. But Blood and Wine was a legit, old school expansion.

DJR210
05-01-2020, 07:15 AM

Fuck it.. I already uninstalled all that shit

LaMarcus Bryant
05-04-2020, 10:15 AM

On higher difficulties? Shit seems necessary at a certain point

chunticakes
05-04-2020, 05:07 PM
On higher difficulties? Shit seems necessary at a certain point

I'm on normal. Level 13. I'm barely heading to Novigrad.