PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green HUGE UPDATE

Pages : [1] 2

jdiggy0424
05-08-2015, 02:41 PM
I'm at work right now and unable to post the info I found on my Facebook from my computer (security purposes), but I received an update on San Antonio Spurs talk fan page that read:

"Per source, Pop had a conversation with Danny Green and told him it's unlikely they will be able to afford him. They are looking at all the options".

I tried googling about it and I couldn't find any information about that. If we can't afford him, that means that the Spurs are looking to land someone big in free agency, because to be willing to risk not re-signing Green is a huge blow to the team.

You guys have any info on this?

jdiggy0424
05-08-2015, 02:43 PM
I normally wouldn't post something I read from Facebook as a thread but in all honesty I feel this is huge matter that should be looked into. And I know alot of the ST community has their hands on credible source material.

SnakeBoy
05-08-2015, 02:45 PM
I read in the comments section of a youtube video that they are making room to bring in Anthony Davis.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-08-2015, 02:46 PM
I've been following that same page too and I agree, I think it's more than smoke. The guy who runs it also broke the news on Stephen Jackson being cut and Patty's shoulder injury last year.

jdiggy0424
05-08-2015, 02:47 PM
I read in the comments section of a youtube video that they are making room to bring in Anthony Davis.

It's alright to take a couple of jabs at me. I knew the risk of posting something like this without concrete evidence to back it up. I would just appreciate some looking into it.

Robz4000
05-08-2015, 02:48 PM
If it's true the Spurs are making a huge mistake. I'd rather keep Green and Splitter than lose both to get Aldridge.

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 02:49 PM
If it's true the Spurs are making a huge mistake. I'd rather keep Green and Splitter than lose both to get Aldridge.

This

daslicer
05-08-2015, 02:50 PM
OP is a retard.

cantthinkofanything
05-08-2015, 02:50 PM
It's alright to take a couple of jabs at me. I knew the risk of posting something like this without concrete evidence to back it up. I would just appreciate some looking into it.

I've looked in to it and concluded that your mom's a whore.

RD2191
05-08-2015, 02:52 PM
I don't know. Ill remain skeptical until tspense releases a statement.

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Pop has been undervaluing Green his whole time in SA. Won't surprise me if he does it one last time so we can go after LaSoftie to pair up with Enrique.

monkeypunk
05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Would suck to lose DG. If true, they must have a verbal from LMA that they are planning on. Or Timmy (or PATFO) isn't willing to pay TD the min or hometown discount or some combo.

No DG and Manu either gone or at the end of his ability would make the SG position non existent for SAS. Don't think there's a surefire SG FA possibility out there that would replace any percentage of those two.

It does sound like Dg was told that after the tearful exit interview but no way that RC would let him go without a backup plan.

Weird.

Gervin44Silas13
05-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Nigga DGreen better work on his game, or its bye bye Alamo city

EVAY
05-08-2015, 03:06 PM
The Spurs had cut Green before this last contract and he called up Pop and literally begged, promising to 'do anything and everything - work harder than you have ever seen anyone work - I'll prove myself.'

Personally, I would have thought that he had done that by now - proved himself. But people are right that Pop has never really taken to him, and has a very short temper when it comes to Green's mental lapses. That video of Pop screaming "Shut your f#@#ing mouth" when he fouled the Brooklyn player is also the same video that people use to show Tony glaring. Apparently, everybody was really really really pissed at Green then, and on several more clutch situations.

If he is gone, too bad - maybe CIA Pop was trying to convince him to take less than his agent wanted him to take?

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 03:09 PM
If true, I imagine this means Manu is coming back IMO, can't imagine them going into the off-season without any SGs and no viable, affordable options on the market IIRC..

Unless they are going to pay big money to re-up Belinelli, which would be pretty funny:lol..

sexinthatsx
05-08-2015, 03:10 PM

Splitter's defense and skill set is unique, but after this year's exit his health is a concern and Spurs might be overpaying him from his previous contract.

PingPong
05-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Honestly, If I was Green, I'd never accept less than 85% of Kiwi new contract.

Bartleby
05-08-2015, 03:15 PM
How the fuck is a rumor on Facebook a "HUGE UPDATE"?

LongtimeSpursFan
05-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Green is a system player that has benefited the most under the offensive scheme put forth by Pop. There are very few teams that offer a system which allows open looks and most already have a quality SG at that position. At best he would end up on some average or mediocre team in which his game would suffer and little team defense is stressed.

RD2191
05-08-2015, 03:22 PM
Danny Green would be perfect for the Grizz, imo. Provides much needed 3 ball and is a great all around defender.

RD2191
05-08-2015, 03:23 PM
Green is a system player that has benefited the most under the offensive scheme put forth by Pop. There are very few teams that offer a system which allows open looks and most already have a quality SG at that position. At best he would end up on some average or mediocre team in which his game would suffer and little team defense is stressed.
You have some terrible basketball takes for being so old, tbh.

jdiggy0424
05-08-2015, 03:23 PM

This is the same guy that broke the news on Stephen Jackson getting cut as well as Patty Mills' shoudler injury before anyone really knew about it. I replied back to him what was his source and he told me that his source knew Danny Green personally and that he trusted him.

Again I know I was going to get shit for this, but I was hoping that me being a member of ST for over 6 years and my limited amount of posting would offset the amount of criticism, because I don't post unless it's either an actual relevant basketball conversation or important update where I can't find anywhere else

NASpurs
05-08-2015, 03:25 PM
Would be a huge fucking mistake to not resign one of the best 3&D players in the league. We're going to be cursing Pop's name when Marco fucking Belinelli is our starting SG.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-08-2015, 03:28 PM
Fuck you pop. With out danny the defense would take a major hit.

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 03:28 PM

:lmao very few teams that create open looks..it's amazing that so many old-ass Spurs fans think this team is the only team that creates looks for role players..

There aren't many teams that can't create shots for role players..Hornets, Pacers, maybe the Lakers, Bucks, Wolves, Knicks and 6ers..

Not surprising coming from this moron, though..

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 03:31 PM
This is the same guy that broke the news on Stephen Jackson getting cut as well as Patty Mills' shoudler injury before anyone really knew about it. I replied back to him what was his source and he told me that his source knew Danny Green personally and that he trusted him.

Again I know I was going to get shit for this, but I was hoping that me being a member of ST for over 6 years and my limited amount of posting would offset the amount of criticism, because I don't post unless it's either an actual relevant basketball conversation or important update where I can't find anywhere else

Seems legit. Thanks for posting. :tu

RD2191
05-08-2015, 03:31 PM
:lmao very few teams that create open looks..it's amazing that so many old-ass Spurs fans think this team is the only team that creates looks for role players..

that dude has some terrible takes for being an old as dust spurs fan tbh.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-08-2015, 03:32 PM

can you name one playoff team that would need a SG with Greens talents?

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 03:32 PM

Thanks for the basketball take from 2012. Do you have an updated one?

Dex
05-08-2015, 03:33 PM

Clipper Nation
Danny's about to open up a new WingStop franchise in LA. :downspin:

RD2191
Thanks for the basketball take from 2012. Do you have an updated one?
:lmao

BatManu20
05-08-2015, 03:34 PM
Coasting. Non-issue.

Richie
The only reason I'd keep Green is because his cap hold is low compared to what we can get for that price. I think his defence is very good but overrated on this board.

Absolutely no reason to get rid of him considering his cap hit is only $7m, we won't be able to replace him with anyone better.

Malik Hairston

3&D players are the hottest commodity in the NBA right now, it's the easiest role to fit on a team..there aren't many of them around, which is why a guy like Khris Middleton is expected to get 13-15 million per year according to several reports..

Inefficient volume scorers that don't play defense are no longer desired heavily, it's the easiest role to fill on a team, at this point..

Good luck finding a defensive SG that accepts his role to fill next to a terrible, volume- shooting PG that doesn't play defense and can barely penetrate anymore..

ElNono
05-08-2015, 03:35 PM

Memphis?

RD2191
As a novice basketball fan, hehe, can the Spurs really not "afford" him or do they just not want to pay the luxury tax?

Dex

The Cavs are giving heavy minutes to Iman Shumpert and Matthew fucking Dellavedova, so...yes.

NASpurs
05-08-2015, 03:40 PM
If true, I imagine this means Manu is coming back IMO, can't imagine them going into the off-season without any SGs and no viable, affordable options on the market IIRC..

Unless they are going to pay big money to re-up Belinelli, which would be pretty funny:lol..

Fuck that, at this point of their careers and if what you say is true where one is chosen over the other then I hope Manu does retire.

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 03:41 PM
Cavs, Grizzlies, Thunder are teams that Danny would make better. This isn't RMJ, Bogans or some other one dimensional wing players we've had in the past

RD2191
05-08-2015, 03:42 PM
Prepare for many future first round exits if DG bolts, tbh.

Robz4000
05-08-2015, 03:43 PM

OKC, Memphis, Cleveland, LAC, Dallas, New Orleans, just to name a few...

Floyd Pacquiao
05-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Prepare for many future first round exits if DG bolts, tbh.
It'll be like the dark ages all over again (08-11)

SASdynasty!
05-08-2015, 03:44 PM
What has Green ever done except be one of the best 3 point shooters in the league for multiple seasons, continue to increase his production, play outstanding perimeter defense, and set an NBA Finals record for 3 pointers?

ChumpDumper
05-08-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm at work right now and unable to post the info I found on my Facebook from my computer (security purposes), but I received an update on San Antonio Spurs talk fan page that read:

"Per source, Pop had a conversation with Danny Green and told him it's unlikely they will be able to afford him. They are looking at all the options".

I tried googling about it and I couldn't find any information about that. If we can't afford him, that means that the Spurs are looking to land someone big in free agency, because to be willing to risk not re-signing Green is a huge blow to the team.

You guys have any info on this?Security purposes?

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 03:45 PM
Excluding cap room and money, there are a ton of playoff-caliber teams that would start and need a Green-type: Hawks if they lose Carroll, Celtics(perfect fit), Cavs, Mavs(perfect fit), Clippers, Grizzlies, Heat(If they moved the terrible Luol Deng, desperately need shooting), Pelicans, Thunder and Raptors..Utah would work, too, but Hood looks solid..

-21-
05-08-2015, 03:52 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo!!!!!!! I hope this isn't true.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-08-2015, 03:52 PM
OKC, Memphis, Cleveland, LAC, Dallas, New Orleans, just to name a few...

-Memphis is set with Tony Allen and with with him and Green on the floor at the same time their offense would suffer even more. They really need a more athletic SG that can put the ball on the floor, pass and shoot.
-OKC...yeah I can see a fit there. But they don't have same offense as Spurs and I don't know if Donovan can implement an offense that quickly.
-LAC is set with Barnes. Although he is up there in age he still was a solid defensive player, outside shooter and has more offensive skills than Green.
-Dallas....well if you want the money then take it Green but Dallas is a sinking ship. Unless they make some great offseason moves.
-New Orleans is set for another year with Gordon and unlikely to pay a back up SG big money.

SpurPadre
05-08-2015, 03:53 PM
Fuck you, tspence.

Budkin
05-08-2015, 03:54 PM
Found the page he's talking about if anyone wants to see. Nothing more than a Fan page on FB. :lmao

https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioSpursTalk

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 03:54 PM
If they are going to let Green go and ultimately get Aldridge, then it's a good move..I'm one of Green's biggest fans outside of Chinook and I'm not a huge Aldridge guy, but I wouldn't pass up on a top 15 player in his prime, tbh..

However, if they let Green go and don't add anybody significant, trying to run a Parker-Marco backcourt or some dumb-ass lineup, then that would just be sad:lol..

I'd still be a little surprised if Green isn't with the Spurs, though, I guess we'll see..

RD2191
05-08-2015, 03:55 PM
-Memphis is set with Tony Allen and with with him and Green on the floor at the same time their offense would suffer even more. They really need a more athletic SG that can put the ball on the floor, pass and shoot.
-OKC...yeah I can see a fit there. But they don't have same offense as Spurs and I don't know if Donovan can implement an offense that quickly.
-LAC is set with Barnes. Although he is up there in age he still was a solid defensive player, outside shooter and has more offensive skills than Green.
-Dallas....well if you want the money then take it Green but Dallas is a sinking ship. Unless they make some great offseason moves.
-New Orleans is set for another year with Gordon and unlikely to pay a back up SG big money.
:lmaotony allen is one of the worst offensive player in the nba. not to mention he's 33.

RD2191
05-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Found the page he's talking about if anyone wants to see. Nothing more than a Fan page on FB. :lmao

https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioSpursTalk
We know. That page has some solid sources and some credibility tbh.

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 03:56 PM
:lol Matt Barnes is a terrible basketball player, tbh..(in before outplayed Kawhi joke/comeback)..

ChumpDumper
05-08-2015, 04:03 PM
We know. That page has some solid sources and some credibility tbh.What stories did they break before anyone else?

Raven
05-08-2015, 04:04 PM
guys, he's gone, let's face it.

baseline bum
05-08-2015, 04:06 PM

If it's just the system why did Bellinelli suck so bad in it?

jdiggy0424
05-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Yeah my workstation is DoD monitored.

Raven
05-08-2015, 04:08 PM

at this point Green will be seen as a cornerstone for any franchise. Not a max player, but surely a guy that can be paired with an awful defensive pg like loliard or similar, therefore appealing to pretty much any team especially those in the lottery.

RD2191
05-08-2015, 04:08 PM
What stories did they break before anyone else?
Can't say. (security purposes)

baseline bum
05-08-2015, 04:10 PM
I can't imagine letting Green walk when he only counts $6 million against the cap and when salaries are going to skyrocket in 2016. They couldn't find some way to pawn Parker off on Philly or something? Even if they overpay Green now it would be less than a replacement would cost next summer.

ducks
05-08-2015, 04:13 PM
green is overrated here by some
spurs have $ they think green can still be a spur
he can not drive he sits in spot and shots threes
plays d well when pop yells at him imo not worth more then 9 a year
might be a challenge from pop to try to get green to take less to be a spur

cantthinkofanything
05-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Security purposes?

Lol. But, they are OK with him being on Spurstalk.

Spur|n|Austin
05-08-2015, 04:31 PM
I was one of the first to comment on that Facebook Post and asked what his sources where and they responded:

San Antonio Spurs Talk (https://www.facebook.com/SanAntonioSpursTalk) -- Doesn't want his name to be out there, but he knows Green personally and gave me the information about Jackson being cut and Mills' shoulder before anybody else really knew, so he's someone I can trust.
-Cole

It should all obviously be taken with a grain of salt considering it's a facebook Spurs fan page :lol

FkLA
05-08-2015, 04:34 PM
If this is true ...:pctoss

Pop has no fucking idea how valuable and important he's been to the team. Always made him his whipping boy, made stupid comments about him, etc etc.

-21-
05-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Don't do this Pop. :depressed

-21-
05-08-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm no expert on cap space and such but can't we move somebody else like Splitter to make space for both Green and Aldridge?

apalisoc_9
05-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Wow terrible news. Huge loss for Kawhi since with Danny Kawhi can take a few minutes of rest in the defensive end.

Inb4 bellineli 8 million year deal.

TD who is awful in talent scouting said he wanted to see more Belli at 2..Not sure if anyone caught that in game 4.

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 04:49 PM
I love how the biggest Green and Leonard haters on ST are also the biggest Porky fans, tbh:lol..

-21-
05-08-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm panicking right now. I hope this isn't true. I'm not even completely sold on Aldridge.

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Would be a huge fucking mistake to not resign one of the best 3&D players in the league. We're going to be cursing Pop's name when Marco fucking Belinelli is our starting SG.

I still be cursing anyway if Beli isn't there. :lol

Green should be a Spur for life.

ChumpDumper
05-08-2015, 04:51 PM
Wow terrible news. Huge loss for Kawhi since with Danny Kawhi can take a few minutes of rest in the defensive end.

Inb4 bellineli 8 million year deal.

TD who is awful in talent scouting said he wanted to see more Belli at 2..Not sure if anyone caught that in game 4.Don't know about that. I did catch some dude who welshed on his promise tho.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2015, 04:56 PM
I love how the biggest Green and Leonard haters on ST are also the biggest Porky fans, tbh:lol..

-21-
05-08-2015, 05:00 PM
It's not just about what we lose. It's what another team gains. Imagine if one of the Grizzlies, Clippers, Cavs, Mavs, or Thunder get Green.

apalisoc_9
05-08-2015, 05:02 PM
Belli love and parker love iMO.

DarrinS
05-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Pop loves TP and hates DG. At least, that's how it appears. :depressed

ChumpDumper
05-08-2015, 05:04 PM
Leave of absence, hibernation and Fanduel points IMO.

Sean Cagney
05-08-2015, 05:08 PM

:lol

Juggity
05-08-2015, 05:17 PM
If Manu retiring is what allows us to retain Green, then I do hope Manu retires. Green is essential.

The source here is pretty suspect. But it is true that one way or another the spurs are going to have to shell out this summer to get what they want. No half measures.

itsamanuthree
05-08-2015, 05:23 PM
Green >>>>>>>> Tony

SpurSwag
05-08-2015, 05:28 PM
Not sure how credible this is, but it would be a pretty devestating blow to lose Verde. He's everything you want in a 3 and D shooting guard, and him and Kawhi are a formidable wing combo. I would really rather have Danny and Tiago than Aldridge

TD 21
05-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Unless he get's the max or something approaching it, there's no excuse to not re-sign him and even then, it would only be a matter of whether they were comfortable paying him that, not whether they could "afford him".

The vast majority act like there's limited to no alternatives to dumping salary, when in reality there's myriad ways they could easily do so, in addition to trading one of Splitter or Diaw: There's Mills and/or Anderson, renouncing Joseph and/or Baynes, dumping the 1st for two high 2nds or a future 1st, etc.

Outside of attaining Aldridge, he's the biggest key (and question mark) to the off season, since Leonard, Duncan and Ginobili, are not going anywhere, except for maybe Ginobili and that will be to retirement.

Mikeanaro
05-08-2015, 05:37 PM
Send him to the choppa.

Ditty
05-08-2015, 05:44 PM
Green just posted on Twitter that the rumors are false.

Mikeanaro
05-08-2015, 05:49 PM
Green just posted on Twitter that the rumors are false.
When? his last tweet was 5 days ago.

Cloud786
05-08-2015, 05:49 PM

RD2191
05-08-2015, 05:50 PM
of course he's going to say false:lol

SpurPadre
05-08-2015, 05:51 PM
If we can't keep him, how about we sign and trade to Atlanta for Sefolosha? Dude can still play D, even if he is getting up there in age and is injured.

Mikeanaro
05-08-2015, 05:51 PM
He is taking less money then if not please send him to da choppa.

cd98
05-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Dumb bc the only way we couldn't sign Green is if we maxed out a free agent and Spurs have no idea as of yet if they will be able to do that.

Roger Freemason Jr.
05-08-2015, 05:53 PM
There you have it, straight from the horses mouth. Don't let this thread get to 20 pages.

Robz4000
05-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Hope Green was telling the truth. Resigning him should be the #1 priority after Tim and Kawhi.

Spur|n|Austin
05-08-2015, 06:02 PM
Hope Green was telling the truth. Resigning him should be the #1 priority after Tim and Kawhi.

05-08-2015, 06:03 PM
How much can Green possibly be worth? 3 point shooters like Korver and Dunleavy didn't go for a lot of money. Tony Allen who is plays elite defense and is very passable on offense is not earning a lot of money either. They all make $5 million or under. Green is younger than them sure but I don't see him making that much more. Wesley Matthews, who is a more complete player than Green makes $6-7 million. I think that's what the Spurs should offer and that would be a reasonable price for Green. It is hard to see another team offering $10+ million for Green.

tholdren
05-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Danny green to Cleveland. Book it.

Who cares about it? Stock hit rock bottom after his shit against la.

Johnny RIngo
05-08-2015, 06:07 PM
Depressing as fuck that this team will be broken apart because the front office was retarded enough to give that French choke artist an undeserved $45 mil extension last summer.

itzsoweezee
05-08-2015, 06:13 PM
op: shut up you big dummy

@Shackattack210 geoffsheen760 false

https://twitter.com/DGreen_14/status/596808217243422720

LongtimeSpursFan
05-08-2015, 06:20 PM
Depressing as fuck that this team will be broken apart because the front office was retarded enough to give that French choke artist an undeserved $45 mil extension last summer.

Exaggerate much? Spurs will be fine without DG. He is least important starter and the most replaceable.

Clipper Nation
05-08-2015, 06:21 PM
What has Green ever done except be one of the best 3 point shooters in the league for multiple seasons, continue to increase his production, play outstanding perimeter defense, and set an NBA Finals record for 3 pointers?
"I can't believe they're leaving him wide open."

wildbill2u
05-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Green is an enigma.
He has such bad handle that he often can't perform the most basic basketball offensive maneuver--the layup. For Christ's sake, every player who ever played the game starts with that basic shot and they use it as a drill before games and practices to loosen up and Green makes it an adventure. Every time he drives, it is an "I can't look" moment.

His 3pt shot isn't consistent. Comes and goes. When he is hot, he is capable of lighting up the court and setting records, but when he is cold, he goes an entire game without making a shot. How does a coach use someone like that? He makes the starting lineup and finds that his SHOOTING GUARD can't throw the ball in the ocean.

He can play defense--when his head is in the game. It seems that when his shot is off it gets into his head and he lets his defensive effort go down as well. But when his shot isn't falling is precisely the time when he should compensate by giving the most effort on defense so he isn't a complete liability on the court. I think the way he played himself onto the Spurs was by his defense. He really needs to concentrate on that when on the court. It is a skill that is best demonstrated by effort and he can give that every game if he keeps defense first in focus.

You always want a player to work hard on his game to improve areas of weakness and develop new strengths. Kwahi is said to be a super gym rat always working on his game. I don't know if DG gives that effort. Can you work on concentration, consistency and basketball smarts?

All that being said, I feel sure the FO will probably bring him back if a reasonable salary increase can be negotiated.

RD2191
05-08-2015, 06:25 PM
continued shit takes from wildbill:lol

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 06:28 PM
Green is an enigma.
He has such bad handle that he often can't perform the most basic basketball offensive maneuver--the layup. For Christ's sake, every player who ever played the game starts with that basic shot and they use it as a drill before games and practices to loosen up and Green makes it an adventure. Every time he drives, it is an "I can't look" moment.

His 3pt shot isn't consistent. Comes and goes. When he is hot, he is capable of lighting up the court and setting records, but when he is cold, he goes an entire game without making a shot. How does a coach use someone like that? He makes the starting lineup and finds that his SHOOTING GUARD can't throw the ball in the ocean.

He can play defense--when his head is in the game. It seems that when his shot is off it gets into his head and he lets his defensive effort go down as well. But when his shot isn't falling is precisely the time when he should compensate by giving the most effort on defense so he isn't a complete liability on the court. I think the way he played himself onto the Spurs was by his defense. He really needs to concentrate on that when on the court. It is a skill that is best demonstrated by effort and he can give that every game if he keeps defense first in focus.

You always want a player to work hard on his game to improve areas of weakness and develop new strengths. Kwahi is said to be a super gym rat always working on his game. I don't know if DG gives that effort. Can you work on concentration, consistency and basketball smarts?

All that being said, I feel sure the FO will probably bring him back if a reasonable salary increase can be negotiated.

He was off for most of the Clippers series yet still shut down Chris Paul when he was guarding him. Green shouldn't be expected to be anything more than a 3 & D role player. He shouldn't be compared to Kawhi. Even with his shortcomings, he really excels at his role and you need players of his type to win championships.

AFBlue
05-08-2015, 06:43 PM
File this under "common sense". Danny could get $10-12M/yr on the open market given the pending rise in cap space next Summer. The Spurs are in a "retooling" mode per Pop himself, so that means certain players won't be back. I'm sure they like Danny a whole lot, but not to the tune of $10-12M/yr and not at the expense of more impactful long term options.

wildbill2u
05-08-2015, 07:03 PM
He was off for most of the Clippers series yet still shut down Chris Paul when he was guarding him. Green shouldn't be expected to be anything more than a 3 & D role player. He shouldn't be compared to Kawhi. Even with his shortcomings, he really excels at his role and you need players of his type to win championships.

We need to file a protest with the league office then, because someone posing as Chris Paul killed us during the series.

loveforthegame
05-08-2015, 07:32 PM
File this under "common sense". Danny could get $10-12M/yr on the open market given the pending rise in cap space next Summer. The Spurs are in a "retooling" mode per Pop himself, so that means certain players won't be back. I'm sure they like Danny a whole lot, but not to the tune of $10-12M/yr and not at the expense of more impactful long term options.

This.

I'm sure the Spurs will try to keep Green but it's likely a team will offer him more than they're willing to pay him.

timtonymanu
05-08-2015, 07:36 PM
We need to file a protest with the league office then, because someone posing as Chris Paul killed us during the series.

He killed the Spurs whenever Green wasn't guarding him. For some reason, Pop didn't always stick with that defensive matchup. I think Green's defense that series was the only contribution he was having.

I remember Game 6 against OKC last year, Danny was having an awful shooting night up until the 4th. But it was still one of his best defensive performances.

Mnky
05-08-2015, 07:37 PM

Don't worry about the Fools yo. Appreciate the post. Most of these people don't have a life, so I use that to stay updated.
Despite their "bball gospel," it's easy to conclude that 90% of this board has never played or coached any type of significant basketball. I wouldn't care for their opinions too much. This is probably where they get most of their attention in life. Que the acting out.

Spurs9
05-08-2015, 07:40 PM
:lol social media talk being taken as breaking news

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 08:00 PM
How much can Green possibly be worth? 3 point shooters like Korver and Dunleavy didn't go for a lot of money. Tony Allen who is plays elite defense and is very passable on offense is not earning a lot of money either. They all make $5 million or under. Green is younger than them sure but I don't see him making that much more. Wesley Matthews, who is a more complete player than Green makes $6-7 million. I think that's what the Spurs should offer and that would be a reasonable price for Green. It is hard to see another team offering $10+ million for Green.

Those are all old contracts IIRC..

Korver would easily get much more than he currently makes if he was a FA, I don't know why you mentioned Mike Dunleavy:lol..Tony Allen is much less valuable in today's NBA than he would have been in previous eras because he's an offensive liability(see: Spurs-Grizz WCFs where the Spurs weren't even guarding him or Prince)..

Wes Matthews and Khris Middleton(both better than Green, but play similar roles) are/were both expected to get near-max deals in the upcoming off-season..

Ariza got 8/year last year, which is closer to what Green is, since they're both spot-up shooters that play D and can't create for themselves(Ariza being a better finisher at the rim, while Green is a better shooter and probably better on D)..

therealtruth
05-08-2015, 08:00 PM
He killed the Spurs whenever Green wasn't guarding him. For some reason, Pop didn't always stick with that defensive matchup. I think Green's defense that series was the only contribution he was having.

I remember Game 6 against OKC last year, Danny was having an awful shooting night up until the 4th. But it was still one of his best defensive performances.

DG can get hot in hurry. Remember game 1 of the Finals. I don't know why he's not a bigger part of the offense like Kyle Korver in Atlanta. It doesn't mean he has to shoot every time. But his "gravity" or ability to pull defenders should be used more.

MI21
05-08-2015, 08:01 PM
I have a source within the Spurs, let's just say an Australian, and he/she has confirmed with me that he/she has heard nothing about this and is quietly confident Green will be back.

cd98
05-08-2015, 08:07 PM
If the Spurs don't land LMA, or one of the two other big FA, then why not sign Green.

ElNono
05-08-2015, 08:11 PM
We're talking about LDN here.... ofcourse it's HUGE news...

Uriel
05-08-2015, 08:14 PM
If renouncing Danny Green and trading Tiago Splitter is what you need to do to get LaMarcus Aldridge while keeping the Big 4 intact, you do it. Can you imagine a lineup of:

PG - Parker
SG - Ginobili
SF - Leonard
PF - Aldridge
C - Duncan

On paper, that would be, by far, the best 5-man lineup in the NBA.

Spur|n|Austin
05-08-2015, 08:17 PM
If renouncing Danny Green and trading Tiago Splitter is what you need to do to get LaMarcus Aldridge while keeping the Big 4 intact, you do it. Can you imagine a lineup of:

PG - Parker
SG - Ginobili
SF - Leonard
PF - Aldridge
C - Duncan

Who's your back up C? Start Manu? Come on man.

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 08:20 PM

PG - Parker
SG - Ginobili
SF - Leonard
PF - Aldridge
C - Duncan

Offensively..defense would be horrible with a Parker-Ginobili backcourt and a Duncan-Aldridge frontcourt:lol..

Robz4000
05-08-2015, 08:21 PM

PG - Parker
SG - Ginobili
SF - Leonard
PF - Aldridge
C - Duncan

No. It wouldn't.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-08-2015, 08:21 PM
Green says FALSE! Per Instagram.

blizz
05-08-2015, 08:22 PM
All you Green lovers out there, aside from 3 games against the Heat a few years ago, in a series that he then disappeared in, what has this kid done during the playoffs? He was terrible this time around and a good reason why we lost. Why does he get a free pass when most of you are calling for Parker's head? I'm tired of this kid disappearing during the playoffs. He's slightly better than Bonner when it comes to playoff action AND he was torched all series long. Fuck him, buy bye DG go suck somewhere else.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-08-2015, 08:23 PM

PG - Parker
SG - Ginobili
SF - Leonard
PF - Aldridge
C - Duncan

That's a horrible fuckin lineup. Park and Manu have fell off a cliff.

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 08:24 PM
All you Green lovers out there, aside from 3 games against the Heat a few years ago, in a series that he then disappeared in, what has this kid done during the playoffs? He was terrible this time around and a good reason why we lost. Why does he get a free pass when most of you are calling for Parker's head? I'm tired of this kid disappearing during the playoffs. He's slightly better than Bonner when it comes to playoff action AND he was torched all series long. Fuck him, buy bye DG go suck somewhere else.

:lmao he shot 48% from 3 on 5 attempts per game in the 2 previous playoffs, which is literally one of the best shooting stretches in playoffs history..

A lot of you have 10-second memories, it's ridiculous:lol..

Robz4000
05-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Offensively..defense would be horrible with a Parker-Ginobili backcourt and a Duncan-Aldridge frontcourt:lol..

The offense wouldn't even be that good. The only one who can consistently hit a jumper would be Aldridge with Manu's decline; the spacing would be even worse than we saw in the first round.

RD2191
05-08-2015, 08:27 PM
:lmao he shot 48% from 3 on 5 attempts per game in the 2 previous playoffs, which is literally one of the best shooting stretches in playoffs history..

A lot of you have 10-second memories, it's ridiculous:lol..

Embedded
05-08-2015, 08:29 PM
Danny Green, I you read this - your story is unique, it is one of perseverance and determination. It needs a happy ending, please stay a Spur for life.

spursparker9
05-08-2015, 08:33 PM

Russ
05-08-2015, 08:38 PM
Green says FALSE! Per Instagram.

If it were true, would you expect him to say "TRUE"?

100%duncan
05-08-2015, 08:41 PM
Good that DG said it was false in twitter. I'd hate to see the day when danny would guard Kawhi

NASpurs
05-08-2015, 08:51 PM

PG - Parker
SG - Ginobili
SF - Leonard
PF - Aldridge
C - Duncan

Did I enter a time warp when Parker and Ginobili were still good?

dg7md
05-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Did I enter a time warp when Parker and Ginobili were still good?

:lol

True.

But truly, I think you make the deal with LA. He's an all-star caliber player who would fit tremendously into our system. Players like Splitter and Danny are more interchangeable. It'll suck to lose anybody, but if we have Kawhi and LA with our shooters coming off the bench I think we have a better team.

baseline bum
05-08-2015, 09:03 PM

Green only costs $6 million against the cap because of his absurdly low contract this year.

Russ
05-08-2015, 09:05 PM
Green only costs $6 million against the cap because of his absurdly low contract this year.

And that would be for luxury tax purposes, too?

baseline bum
05-08-2015, 09:16 PM
And that would be for luxury tax purposes, too?

Nah, luxury tax would be based on the actual contract he'd sign. The Spurs will have to pay it for one year until the basketball related income goes way up for 2016-17 if they want to bring Aldridge in while keeping the core players. E.g., sign Aldridge for $19M, Duncan for $7M, Green for $8M, Leonard for $15M, Ginobili for $5M, and you're looking at being about $3 million above the 2015-16 luxury tax level when you factor in the contracts for Parker, Diaw, Mills, Anderson, and a late first round pick, assuming the team salary dumps Splitter to create room for Aldridge. In this scenario the Spurs would pay a $4.5 million luxury tax (150% of the $3M over they would be). Joesph, Bellineli, Bonner, and Baynes would be renounced in this scenario.

SnakeBoy
05-08-2015, 09:28 PM
Green is an enigma.

Pretty silly to argue that Green doesn't work on his game considering he is the most improved player on the Spurs.

tholdren
05-08-2015, 09:52 PM
Pretty silly to argue that Green doesn't work on his game considering he is the most improved player on the Spurs.
Green parker splitter were 3 worst when it mattered

AFBlue
05-08-2015, 10:05 PM

$7M...and only until he signs. I'm sure he'll get offers early in free agency and then come to the Spurs with the opportunity to match. In that scenario he may hold off on signing, but he won't pass those guaranteed deals without assurances. Either way there's a number the Spurs won't match, simply from a value standpoint, for every player. My guess is that Green's max is $10M/yr. If someone goes above that, I think he's gone.

baseline bum
05-08-2015, 10:13 PM
$7M...and only until he signs. I'm sure he'll get offers early in free agency and then come to the Spurs with the opportunity to match. In that scenario he may hold off on signing, but he won't pass those guaranteed deals without assurances. Either way there's a number the Spurs won't match, simply from a value standpoint, for every player. My guess is that Green's max is $10M/yr. If someone goes above that, I think he's gone.

Isn't the cap hold 150% of his previous salary, which is just a hair over $4 million?

DJR210
05-08-2015, 10:19 PM
#spurforlife

Prove it mother fucker

horsielove
05-08-2015, 10:31 PM
Green is a system player

NEWSFLASH: Every team has a system they play to. Faggot.

jeebus
05-08-2015, 11:35 PM
This rumor coming from the same page that swore up and down that Tracy McGrady was a San Diego Padre.

KL2
05-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Spurs' defense is fucked without Green, if they bring back Belli, jesus. Leonard needs some help out there, Spurs need to give it to him. There is only so much KY can do.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-08-2015, 11:53 PM
NEWSFLASH: Every team has a system they play to. Faggot.

Not every team has a system. OKC doesn't have one. Neither did golden state until recently, Nets don't have one, Houston does not, I could give more examples but I think you got the idea

Malik Hairston
05-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Spurs' defense is fucked without Green, if they bring back Belli, jesus. Leonard needs some help out there, Spurs need to give it to him. There is only so much KY can do.

The part that worries me about Green leaving is that they're going to force Kawhi to exert more energy on D while being a bystander to the Porky Show on offense:lol..

itsamanuthree
05-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Exaggerate much? Spurs will be fine without DG. He is least important starter and the most replaceable.

Green >>>>>> Tony

rmt
05-09-2015, 12:11 AM
green is overrated here by some
spurs have $ they think green can still be a spur
he can not drive he sits in spot and shots threes
plays d well when pop yells at him imo not worth more then 9 a year
might be a challenge from pop to try to get green to take less to be a spur

Green plays elite D and set an NBA Finals record for 3s - 2 areas a certain PG who can't penetrate anymore and is good for nothing else can't do. So if Spurs are willing to pay TP $15million when he's 36, I see no reason that they won't pay Green $9-$11 million at age 27. Leonard and Green are the ones defending Westbrooke/Durant/Curry/Harden/Lebron/etc - a huge reason why SAS is contending again - instead of the sieve defense of Parker/Manu/Belli.

FkLA
05-09-2015, 01:14 AM
lol at morons saying Green is the least important starter, he was the third best player on the team this year and figures to stay there with Porky and Manu's decline

ThaBigFundamental21
05-09-2015, 01:16 AM
If it were true, would you expect him to say "TRUE"?
No I would expect him to lie seeing how it wouldn't matter regardless. Idiot.

ThaBigFundamental21
05-09-2015, 01:19 AM
lol at morons saying Green is the least important starter, he was the third best player on the team this year and figures to stay there with Porky and Manu's decline

I agree. He just isn't valued enough.

kobyz
05-09-2015, 02:22 AM
Seems like pop as given up on the danny green experiment, he doesn't want a two guard a can't dribble, but with danny leaving we will need shooting in the lineup, might saying patty gonna start and tony will get the sixth man role...

FlAVaK
05-09-2015, 04:07 AM

/thread

quentin_compson
05-09-2015, 04:51 AM
Stupid rumor or not, not resigning Danny Green would be very disappointing and I can see only a small amount of scenarios (which all involve getting some big FA) where it would seem acceptable or at least understandable.

KL2
05-09-2015, 05:03 AM
The part that worries me about Green leaving is that they're going to force Kawhi to exert more energy on D while being a bystander to the Porky Show on offense:lol..

Parker is also gonna have to have a bigger role on defense without Green covering his ass, TD will have to exert much more energy w/out Green's help defense and shot blocking ability, Manu will also have a bigger defensive role, both guys are nearly 40 and will be burned out by season's end.

Next year is going to be painful to watch unless the Spurs pull something out of their ass, Green isn't easily replaceable at all.

100%duncan
05-09-2015, 06:39 AM

Yup. :lol

Green's cold, 1st round exit.
Green hitting everything, championship. Ain't rocket science dumbasses :lol

horsielove
05-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Not every team has a system. OKC doesn't have one. Neither did golden state until recently, Nets don't have one, Houston does not, I could give more examples but I think you got the idea

No. They have a system. But their system sucks. You get the idea.

dbestpro
05-09-2015, 10:26 AM
I've looked in to it and concluded that your mom's a whore.

Your long lost daddy said you shouldn't talk to your brother that way.

BackHome
05-09-2015, 11:11 AM

What fucking game where you watching? The dude could not dibble the damn ball how can you be in the NBA and not be able to dribble the ball and take it to the rim? I mean did he ever take the ball to the rim? Did he ever try to even come close to taking it hard and trying to slam the ball to get a foul or make the shot? When he was air balling he was of no value on offense!! Sorry but if he can't score then he better be leading the team in block shots, and rebounds to be that type of player.

Knoxxx
05-09-2015, 11:35 AM
Green is a decent player that I like, but he is very inconsistent. If his 3 point shot is off he becomes nearly a ZERO on offense. While highly regarded as a defender, there are times when he just looks a bit slow and clunky or mechanical out there to me. Probably due to his general lack of athleticism, which I think he largely makes up for with his length and playing smart. No way would I pass on LMA to keep Green. However, one would think Green is more than welcome back but not someone we should overpay by any means.

SilverSpur
05-09-2015, 12:44 PM
We will be fine without DG. We are going to have to accept the fact that we can't keep everyone. If players want to win 50 games a year and be in The race for a championship, then they are going to have to take less or take more money else where and be on a losing team.

Mugen
05-09-2015, 12:48 PM
:lol if the FO lets Danny walk.....

Mugen
05-09-2015, 12:51 PM
We will be fine without DG. We are going to have to accept the fact that we can't keep everyone. If players want to win 50 games a year and be in The race for a championship, then they are going to have to take less or take more money else where and be on a losing team.

Please send Porky that memo....

Arc
05-09-2015, 12:59 PM
unlike kawhi, danny actually is a product of the system. he's replaceable.

Sean Cagney
05-09-2015, 01:12 PM

What is fine exactly? First round or second round exits? Not saying he makes all the difference but if he is there playing his D and hitting his shot he is HUGE for this team as we have seen in several playoff series before. He is a bigger part of the team then some think, that will show if you let him walk and don't get a good replacement. He fits the system well.

SnakeBoy
05-09-2015, 01:57 PM
What fucking game where you watching? The dude could not dibble the damn ball how can you be in the NBA and not be able to dribble the ball and take it to the rim? I mean did he ever take the ball to the rim? Did he ever try to even come close to taking it hard and trying to slam the ball to get a foul or make the shot? When he was air balling he was of no value on offense!! Sorry but if he can't score then he better be leading the team in block shots, and rebounds to be that type of player.

We're not talking about a single game performance. The comment was about whether DG has worked on his game. He has and he is much improved. It wasn't that long ago the guy's career was all but over. That doesn't mean he has Steph Curry handles, just means he's improved.

baseline bum
05-09-2015, 02:02 PM

LOL, the system that worked wonders for guys like Steve Smith, Richard Jefferson, Marco Bellineli?

tholdren
05-09-2015, 02:24 PM
E
Yup. :lol

You are retarded. No shit you win when you have a big 4 and not just a big 3. Everyone has to play well to ring. Idiots
Green's cold, 1st round exit.
Green hitting everything, championship. Ain't rocket science dumbasses :lol

cjw
05-09-2015, 02:43 PM
What is fine exactly? First round or second round exits? Not saying he makes all the difference but if he is there playing his D and hitting his shot he is HUGE for this team as we have seen in several playoff series before. He is a bigger part of the team then some think, that will show if you let him walk and don't get a good replacement. He fits the system well.

Exactly, some people here are delirious.

In an ideal world without salary cap rules, you may try to find the perfect fit at the 2. But despite his flaws, Green is elite (top 10% at his position) in a few areas of his game (defense - versatility/on-ball/blocks, 3pt shooting) and it's very hard to replace.

We live in a world with a salary cap though, and it's going to be VERY hard to replace Green within salary cap confines if the team is chasing Aldridge and/or retaining Tim/Manu. If operating below the cap, even if you do not tender CoJo/Baynes and renounce other non-Kawhi free agents, you're at $41.4 million for six players (+/- $25 million to spend minus cap holds for roster spots). Not very much considering Duncan likely comes back at least at $8 million (down to $17 million).

I'd much rather have that $25 million reduced by Green's $7.6 million cap hold with a deal in place once other free agency moves take place than to try to find a replacement with limited cap space.

Perry Mason
05-09-2015, 02:47 PM

In the Finals last year, Danny made several impressive drives that ended in made layups and floaters. Even the announcers were remarking about it. The entire team was playing like a man possessed.

So I was disappointed to see Danny so inept at his drives throughout this past season. I expected a turned corner. It was hideous in the Clipper series.

maverick1948
05-09-2015, 03:09 PM
How sold on Kyle Anderson is Pop? If he thinks he is going to improve next season, then maybe losing Danny Green is not such a horrible thing. Anderson at the SF, Kawhi at the SG might be what we see. If Manu and Tim indicate their decisions before the draft, I will be happy. We will know what we are able to do.

timtonymanu
05-09-2015, 04:05 PM

Can't believe considering Green's success and now that it's 2015 that we still have posters who think Danny is replaceable or "product of the system."

cd98
05-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Anonymous GMs have said they fear Danny is a system player. Well, good, maybe they won't offer him big bucks and we can get him a little cheaper. I don't know if he is a system player or not, but he works very well in our system and I wouldnt let him walk unless I knew his money was going towards a clear upgrade. I don't see that happening. I think all the star free agents take the money with their current teams.

vander
05-09-2015, 05:21 PM
It's lose/lose since either he's either overpaid or gone. I don't see him ever again being as good as last year

tholdren
05-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Green, like almost any player is the product of the team around him. Played like shit and very large reason sa lost to the clippers. Needs to go or be understanding that he lost millions with his shit play

Robz4000
05-09-2015, 06:27 PM
It's lose/lose since either he's either overpaid or gone. I don't see him ever again being as good as last year

Green's improved every single year he's been here. Don't let one bad series affect your judgment.

Mugen
05-09-2015, 06:40 PM
:lol People willing to go back to the Keith Bogans / Roger Mason era

AFBlue
05-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Can't believe considering Green's success and now that it's 2015 that we still have posters who think Danny is replaceable or "product of the system."

I think most people look at Danny and say he's an incomplete player; that he can't create offense for himself due to his poor handles and lack of ability to finish at the rim. They also see a player that struggles with bouts of inconsistency on both ends of the floor. Now, if you're operating in a vacuum when Green is feeling it on offense or especially locked in on D, and you're not considering the implications an eight figure deal would have on the rest of your roster, then he's worth every bit of what he's likely to get.

But the Spurs don't operate in a vacuum. Bottom line...Danny's not just a product of the system, but he will never be a go-to guy. The Spurs need to focus on keeping or getting their go-to guys, even if it's at the expense of one of their best role players.

Quiet Strength
05-09-2015, 07:07 PM

Please God no

Agloco
05-09-2015, 07:07 PM

timtonymanu
05-09-2015, 08:38 PM

Amazing they seem to forget how shitty the wings were from 09-11.

FkLA
05-09-2015, 08:51 PM
This thread highlights the stupidity of the average basketball fan who only appreciates scoring. It must suck to be that stupid tbh.

tholdren
05-09-2015, 08:53 PM
Amazing they seem to forget how shitty the wings were from 09-11.
Amazing that people watched DG do nothing against, who defended him?, the Clippers and are willing to give him a raise.

I like Green, and would not want to see him go, but Spurs saved him, they put up with his trash series, I think he owes them more than Spurs owe Danny. He cant forget where he came from either

timtonymanu
05-09-2015, 08:53 PM
I think most people look at Danny and say he's an incomplete player; that he can't create offense for himself due to his poor handles and lack of ability to finish at the rim. They also see a player that struggles with bouts of inconsistency on both ends of the floor. Now, if you're operating in a vacuum when Green is feeling it on offense or especially locked in on D, and you're not considering the implications an eight figure deal would have on the rest of your roster, then he's worth every bit of what he's likely to get.

But the Spurs don't operate in a vacuum. Bottom line...Danny's not just a product of the system, but he will never be a go-to guy. The Spurs need to focus on keeping or getting their go-to guys, even if it's at the expense of one of their best role players.

Green should never be mistaken as a go-to-guy. I don't think he would ever be. He is what he is, an elite 3 & D role player. Despite his shortcomings and inconsistencies, he has to be stick around. Sorry, I don't agree with your last statement about dumping Green to get a go-to-guy. If the Blazers were wanting Green + Splitter for Aldridge, I would say no. The Spurs having another elite perimeter defender in Green makes Kawhi's job easier and he doesn't have to expend so much energy on both ends. Just think back to the starting 2's we had from 2009 - 2011. Letting terrible NBA players like RMJ, 40 year old Finley, and Bogans be our starting wings. I don't want the Spurs to go through that again. Green isn't as replaceable as posters think, imo. Unless the Spurs can realistically sign a 3&D replacement that can match Green's impact.

FkLA
05-09-2015, 08:56 PM
Amazing that people watched DG do nothing against, who defended him?, the Clippers and are willing to give him a raise.

I like Green, and would not want to see him go, but Spurs saved him, they put up with his trash series, I think he owes them more than Spurs owe Danny. He cant forget where he came from either

Did you not watch the way he D'd up Paul you fucking moron? Are you too stupid to pay attention to both sides of the court? Even when his shots aren't falling he gives you elite defense. When they are falling (which is often) he's a Top 5 role player in the entire NBA.

timtonymanu
05-09-2015, 08:59 PM

Green owes the Spurs for helping him break out. For sure. But I always disagree with posters that think Pop's system made Danny Green a competent NBA player or that Green couldn't find success on other teams.

Regardless of how much you think he should earn, Green is a major upgrade over what trash we had starting at the 2 from 09-11. Luckily, Manu had a resurgence year in 2011 because our starting 2's were absolutely terrible otherwise. If Green never broke out, the Spurs would have been stuck with a broken James Anderson/undersized Gary Neal at the 2. It doesn't look promising for the Spurs at the 2 if they can't find a Green replacement, in addition to replacing Manu.

RD2191
05-09-2015, 09:00 PM
This thread highlights the stupidity of the average basketball fan who only appreciates scoring. It must suck to be that stupid tbh.

tholdren
05-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Did you not watch the way he D'd up Paul you fucking moron? Are you too stupid to pay attention to both sides of the court? Even when his shots aren't falling he gives you elite defense. When they are falling (which is often) he's a Top 5 role player in the entire NBA.

No he doesnt. And that's the problem.

baseline bum
05-09-2015, 09:01 PM

If Danny Green had handles and could create his own shot, he'd be a max player with the shooting range and defensive ability he has.

FkLA
05-09-2015, 09:02 PM

Are you mentally retarded? Maybe that's the real problem.

Not only did he D up Paul any time Pop had his head out of his ass long enough to give him minutes but he also made Crawford his bitch all series long.

timtonymanu
05-09-2015, 09:03 PM

:lol He also said Baynes would replace and succeed at Splitter's role against the Clippers.

tholdren
05-09-2015, 09:03 PM
2015 Playoffs Age is Years-Days · Glossary · SHARE · Embed · CSV · Export · PRE · LINK (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenda02/gamelog/2015/#pgl_advanced_playoffs::none) · ?

Rk
G
Date

Opp

GS
MP
TS%
eFG%
ORB%
DRB%
TRB%
AST%
STL%
BLK%
TOV%
USG%
ORtg
DRtg
GmSc

2015-04-19 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504190LAC.html)
27-301
SAS (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2015.html)
@
LAC (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAC/2015.html)
L (-15)
21:31

2015-04-22 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504220LAC.html)
27-304
@
W (+4)
29:26

2015-04-24 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504240SAS.html)
27-306

W (+27)
29:09

2015-04-26 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504260SAS.html)
27-308

L (-9)
28:12

2015-04-28 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504280LAC.html)
27-310
@
W (+4)
34:23

2015-04-30 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201504300SAS.html)
27-312

L (-6)
25:59

2015-05-02 (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201505020LAC.html)
27-314
@
L (-2)
34:54

100%duncan
05-09-2015, 09:04 PM
If Green doesn't come back then Tim might as well call it a career

FkLA
05-09-2015, 09:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfUmw3GgASM&app=desktop

tholdren
05-09-2015, 09:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfUmw3GgASM&app=desktop
Hell yeah. posting things from the past. Let's put up Tony from 2007

tholdren
05-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Advanced stats show manu and Danny pretty much equal, with Ginobili having the slight edge in defensive production during the clippers series.

tholdren
05-09-2015, 09:15 PM

Elite | Define Elite at Dictionary.com (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDYQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fbrowse %2Felite&ei=8r5OVY-cE4ilgwSWqYHIBw&usg=AFQjCNEVOnSH_oJuSFUf3GaAH8eAXq_zRw&sig2=87PkV-AoNcsExgIFy1nIWw&bvm=bv.92885102,d.eXY)dictionary.reference.com/browse/elite

Dictionary.com

1. (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons. 2. (used with a plural verb) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.

tholdren
05-09-2015, 09:17 PM
:lol He also said Baynes would replace and succeed at Splitter's role against the Clippers.

I did. I thought he would - but they both did the same. Couldnt score, got manhandled on defense, played soft. Get rid of them both.

AFBlue
05-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Green should never be mistaken as a go-to-guy. I don't think he would ever be. He is what he is, an elite 3 & D role player. Despite his shortcomings and inconsistencies, he has to be stick around. Sorry, I don't agree with your last statement about dumping Green to get a go-to-guy. If the Blazers were wanting Green + Splitter for Aldridge, I would say no. The Spurs having another elite perimeter defender in Green makes Kawhi's job easier and he doesn't have to expend so much energy on both ends. Just think back to the starting 2's we had from 2009 - 2011. Letting terrible NBA players like RMJ, 40 year old Finley, and Bogans be our starting wings. I don't want the Spurs to go through that again. Green isn't as replaceable as posters think, imo. Unless the Spurs can realistically sign a 3&D replacement that can match Green's impact.

I never said one go-to was worth two solid role players, and I understand how having Green next to Kawhi helps lessen the burden of expending all his energy on D. But, in the end all he'll ever be is a role player. And if you have to give him up to get a go-to guy then you do it. I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Oh and I remember the Finley days well. But seeing as how Kawhi is going nowhere, there's no chance we'll revert back to that.

Wu36
05-09-2015, 09:20 PM
If it was to sign Butler yes. LMA no.

AFBlue
05-09-2015, 09:23 PM
If Danny Green had handles and could create his own shot, he'd be a max player with the shooting range and defensive ability he has.

Agreed, and he'd be another go-to guy. And the Spurs would double max Kawhi and Danny, and they'd be the future of the franchise. But he's not. And he likely never will be. The point is that the Spurs have flexibility to keep Kawhi and get that type of franchise go-to guy. I for one won't blame them if they let Danny go to make that happen.

Malik Hairston
05-09-2015, 09:31 PM

He said Baynes > Pau Gasol IIRC:lol..

AFBlue
05-09-2015, 09:37 PM

Not only did he D up Paul any time Pop had his head out of his ass long enough to give him minutes but he also made Crawford his bitch all series long.

He had a great series, but that is exactly what's so maddening about Danny. The guy flashes brilliance but can't put it together consistently on either side of the ball. You can call people names and act like everyone who doesn't hold your position is unintelligent, but that doesn't make it true or you right.

KaiRMD1
05-09-2015, 09:42 PM
Danny was actually very consistent last year in the playoffs. I think the only truly bad game Danny had was game 5 of the finals which at that point the old sport wasn't needed. Granted, if Danny would've been able to hit the 3 this year against the clips, he would have been the deciding factor in this series but his defense was on par with what we needed especially on Paul.

blizz
05-09-2015, 09:48 PM
I don't care what he did in the past. He also disappeared against the Heat when we needed him and they started to actually guard him. If we are going to be all about what he did in the past Parker is a finals MVP. Why does he raked over the coals and DG doesn't? Dbl standard. DG fucking us is ok because of what he's done in the past. TP is the worst PG of all time because he had a poor showing even tho he was hurt.

blizz
05-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Wait. DG is an elite defender? Seriously? How many votes did he get? Paul, Riddick and Barnes killed us with their threes. He got torched over and over.

Malik Hairston
05-09-2015, 09:52 PM
I don't care what he did in the past. He also disappeared against the Heat when we needed him and they started to actually guard him. If we are going to be all about what he did in the past Parker is a finals MVP. Why does he raked over the coals and DG doesn't? Dbl standard. DG fucking us is ok because of what he's done in the past. TP is the worst PG of all time because he had a poor showing even tho he was hurt.

Green had a great regular season, 3rd best on the team, followed by a poor shooting stretch in the Clippers series..Parker was terrible all year and is getting paid 13 mil per year..

Sean Cagney
05-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Exactly, some people here are delirious.

In an ideal world without salary cap rules, you may try to find the perfect fit at the 2. But despite his flaws, Green is elite (top 10% at his position) in a few areas of his game (defense - versatility/on-ball/blocks, 3pt shooting) and it's very hard to replace.

We live in a world with a salary cap though, and it's going to be VERY hard to replace Green within salary cap confines if the team is chasing Aldridge and/or retaining Tim/Manu. If operating below the cap, even if you do not tender CoJo/Baynes and renounce other non-Kawhi free agents, you're at $41.4 million for six players (+/- $25 million to spend minus cap holds for roster spots). Not very much considering Duncan likely comes back at least at $8 million (down to $17 million).

I'd much rather have that $25 million reduced by Green's $7.6 million cap hold with a deal in place once other free agency moves take place than to try to find a replacement with limited cap space.

Agreed 100% man. Some think we can just sign Kawhi to the max and get Tim back etc., and then get a Max FA! It doesn't work like that. Green will command some good money if you want to keep him here so that is a chunk off as well, plus Manu if he returns? You have to key on your guys first and then go from there IMO, the team has some valuable parts and Green on the wing is one of them, whether people know it or not.

AFBlue
05-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Agreed 100% man. Some think we can just sign Kawhi to the max and get Tim back etc., and then get a Max FA! It doesn't work like that. Green will command some good money if you want to keep him here so that is a chunk off as well, plus Manu if he returns? You have to key on your guys first and then go from there IMO, the team has some valuable parts and Green on the wing is one of them, whether people know it or not.

It's not like disenchanted fans are hatching a plan based on some cliff-jumping blow it up strategy that has no basis in reality. There have been multiple rumors about the Spurs targeting Gasol and/or Aldridge this offseason. Pop, himself, said the roster was going to look very different and was in need of retooling. He told Manu they have a plan. Then you look at Danny, who is an unrestricted free agent. He has the highest value on the market of any Spurs player excluding Kawhi. Add it up and you'll see just how realistic the scenario is that Danny is not in their plans if they're truly pushing for another max guy.

barbacoataco
05-09-2015, 10:15 PM
Green is somewhat of a mystery to me. As a shooter he is streaky, and I think maybe his defense is too. Is he really a Tony Allen, Bruce Bowen level defender? I don't think so, but he tries.

Spurs have to change something up, and if most everyone comes back the best option us a new SG. They need someone who can attack the rim, since Parker and Ginobili are old and Leonard is inconsistent. Green has become a better player than anyone predicted, but the Spurs might want more offense from that position.

Budkin
05-09-2015, 10:21 PM

LongtimeSpursFan
05-09-2015, 10:25 PM
I'd rather have Tony Allen than Danny green on this team. He is not a top priority for this team. Spurs need to address other players and if Green is still around and doesn't command too much salary then we can re-sign him. Otherwise let him walk and bring in another body.

barbacoataco
05-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Green leaving isn't a problem if they replace him with someone better.

RD2191
05-09-2015, 10:26 PM
I'd rather have Tony Allen than Danny green on this team. He is not a top priority for this team. Spurs need to address other players and if Green is still around and doesn't command too much salary then we can re-sign him. Otherwise let him walk and bring in another body.

vander
05-09-2015, 10:28 PM

yeah same for TD tbh

100%duncan
05-09-2015, 10:29 PM

What a fucking retard

RD2191
05-09-2015, 10:29 PM
longtimespurfan has to be a troll tbh. if he's a real spurs fan then gaw damn:lol

FkLA
05-09-2015, 10:30 PM
http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/9/8589/retard-image.jpg

100%duncan
05-09-2015, 10:33 PM

FkLA
05-09-2015, 10:38 PM
He had a great series, but that is exactly what's so maddening about Danny. The guy flashes brilliance but can't put it together consistently on either side of the ball. You can call people names and act like everyone who doesn't hold your position is unintelligent, but that doesn't make it true or you right.

Wait do you expect him to never go through shooting slumps? Even the Big Two have had subpar series in the past. Obviously Danny, who is a lesser player, will struggle at times too. But he's done enough in his time here to be considered a proven player, especially defensively.

tholdren
05-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by 100%duncan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8001539#post8001539)

Let's be a little more dramatic. Danny didnt show up for the Clippers series and Spurs lost. So why in the hell would you think that having Green is integral to Tim winning again?

2 players showed up during the playoffs CONSISTENTLY = Tim and Patty. You get one more guy to show up THE ENTIRE SERIES, then Spurs win. Danny Green should not command millions from the Spurs. We all see how the last SEVERAL overpaid Spurs have played... we have 2 on the team now with Splitter and Tony. Green mentally weak, cant be consistent on offense, acts like a bitch on D when his shot struggles.

FkLA
05-09-2015, 10:45 PM

KL2
05-09-2015, 10:47 PM
People who think Green is overrated, who do you think is carrying the Spurs' defense? I'd really like to know lmao.

The 3 best defenders by far this year were TD/Green/KL.

As good as TD is, he can easily become a defensive liability once you get him out the paint, high screen and roll all day on him, his other defensive skills are irrelevant in that situation. He also benefits from help defense, Green/KY are elite help defenders, especially with Green's shot blocking that adds a big dimension to our paint defense. They swarm the post player, the defensive combo is too much, the post player passes out or gets stripped.

Manu's defensive rating looks great, but he's probably a slightly above average defender at best. He comes off the bench and almost never really defends the primary ball handler, that's Green or KY. He plays solid defense but it's not anything that special.

Splitter has been average at best this year, just injured too much. He too benefits greatly from KY/Green's help defense.

Diaw's defense really fell off this year due to fatigue, he's been getting abused out there this year. Bonner/Ayres/Baynes are pretty bad defenders.
Parker+Belli kill rebounding, transition, help, basically all facets of defense. Cojo doesn't see enough mins and is at times a liability, Mills also tends to gamble too much.

Most of this team is glued to the floor, can't get out and run and make athletic defensive plays. Just look at the roster. People are overrating everyone else's defense.

LAC beat us with their constant high screen and rolls, rebounding (Parker+Belli were getting tossed around like rag dolls) and you've got Splitter/Diaw/TD glued to the floor while guys simply jumped over them so every board was a struggle. When you have Parker+Belli on the floor, you're basically rebounding 3 v 5 or 2 v 5 depending on who the bigs are.

Spurs were still able to maintain an elite defense this year for a reason. TD will be burned out by season's end without that perimeter defense slowing down the perimeter players, acting as funnels making his job much easier.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by 100%duncan (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8001539#post8001539)

Let's be a little more dramatic. Danny didnt show up for the Clippers series and Spurs lost. So why in the hell would you think that having Green is integral to Tim winning again?

2 players showed up during the playoffs CONSISTENTLY = Tim and Patty. You get one more guy to show up THE ENTIRE SERIES, then Spurs win. Danny Green should not command millions from the Spurs. We all see how the last SEVERAL overpaid Spurs have played... we have 2 on the team now with Splitter and Tony. Green mentally weak, cant be consistent on offense, acts like a bitch on D when his shot struggles.

27 years old and can't dribble or make a layup and Spurs fans wanna give him 10 millions dollars. WTF

FkLA
05-09-2015, 10:52 PM
27 years old and can't dribble or make a layup and Spurs fans wanna give him 10 millions dollars. WTF

We should bring in someone that can score more and has awesome handles instead. Go back to being an elite offensive team with average defense like the '11 team. That worked out really well tbh.

BOHOLANO#21
05-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Boris Diaw just need to lose more weight and will be our starting SF, Kawhi will start at SG...DG ca hit the road if he demands $10 million/ year😃

blizz
05-10-2015, 12:00 AM
Again it's a what have you done for me lately league. Regular season counts for dick in the playoffs. He's done this disappearing act before in the playoffs. If you can only do one thing well and you don't do it when we need it most. You're useless. A starter basically gone just like that. It wasn't just a poor shooting stretch, he was terrible. Got torched, tried in vain to drive to the basket and turned the ball over.. Parker was terrible too but if everyone can bash Parker, DG shouldn't be exempt. He's very replaceable.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2015, 12:15 AM
It's not like disenchanted fans are hatching a plan based on some cliff-jumping blow it up strategy that has no basis in reality. There have been multiple rumors about the Spurs targeting Gasol and/or Aldridge this offseason. Pop, himself, said the roster was going to look very different and was in need of retooling. He told Manu they have a plan. Then you look at Danny, who is an unrestricted free agent. He has the highest value on the market of any Spurs player excluding Kawhi. Add it up and you'll see just how realistic the scenario is that Danny is not in their plans if they're truly pushing for another max guy.If they pursue another max guy then they do, he is not in their plans for the future. He did say the roster was going to look different and I expect that, Green was a big part of those two runs to the Finals though and honestly I would like to see him stay because he fits in well. I doubt they lure Gasol but Aldridge is a? Even then if they have two max guys sign what will they have left? Tim will re-sign IMO but who do they lose? Trade Tiago? Let Green go?
Boris Diaw just need to lose more weight and will be our starting SF, Kawhi will start at SG...DG ca hit the road if he demands $10 million/ year😃
Backup SG? Beli? I agree if he demands that much GOODBYE, someone just might give him that too.

Again it's a what have you done for me lately league. Regular season counts for dick in the playoffs. He's done this disappearing act before in the playoffs. If you can only do one thing well and you don't do it when we need it most. You're useless. A starter basically gone just like that. It wasn't just a poor shooting stretch, he was terrible. Got torched, tried in vain to drive to the basket and turned the ball over.. Parker was terrible too but if everyone can bash Parker, DG shouldn't be exempt. He's very replaceable.
With who and for what price? He has had some great playoff series as well and hit big shots in the finals runs like I said, played some great D at times as well on players. I don't discount that based on one series this year, his value is pretty good and if he is had a decent price then why not? If someone offers him a big contract though you have to seriously think about letting him go and replace him with someone but who? Who is a FA at the 2?

tim_duncan_fan
05-10-2015, 01:17 AM

Someone bold this guy! Genius take.

Why hasn't RC thought of this shit?

Arc
05-10-2015, 01:54 AM
LOL, the system that worked wonders for guys like Steve Smith, Richard Jefferson, Marco Bellineli?

some fit better than others. marco worked well in the system. he was a solid bench player and made some big shots for us, he's just a liability on defense.

we had bowen. we got green. we initially got kawhi just for his defense.

all i'm saying is, RC has a knack for finding good defensive players, and Chip turns them into elite shooting machines.

a team isn't just the players. remember that.

LakerHater
05-10-2015, 03:02 AM
Green needs to change his number back!

Robz4000
05-10-2015, 03:26 AM
Holy shit there are some retarded takes in this thread.

james evans
05-10-2015, 04:04 AM
am I the only one that saw green's performance this year in the playoffs? No team is gonna pay this dude a ton of bread. If someone is dumb enough to do it, after the 3rd year of them finding out he's just a taller, darker version of steve kerr with better defense, they'll put him on the trading block.

smaka
05-10-2015, 05:44 AM
Can I get link to the page pls?

aal04
05-10-2015, 06:10 AM
I saw him going after the 2013 loss. he was partying with LBJ and co.

And I saw him going again when Pop was screaming at him and he tried to argue back and Pop was like "I dont want to hear it"

Hes one of the greatest 3 and D guys around and he was very good in the finals but if someone is leaving the spurs its him unfortunately.

I dont think we need to make changes. We are still the best team in the nba without injuries. The only player i want to trade is splitter because he is too injury prone.

baseline bum
05-10-2015, 07:08 AM
we had bowen. we got green. we initially got kawhi just for his defense.

all i'm saying is, RC has a knack for finding good defensive players, and Chip turns them into elite shooting machines.

a team isn't just the players. remember that.

Like Bogans? Like Udoka? It's all system, right?

unleashbaynes
05-10-2015, 07:43 AM
:lmao DG a system player

Dude is an elite defender you fucking idiots. Well worth the money.

Arc
05-10-2015, 08:38 AM
Like Bogans? Like Udoka? It's all system, right?

some players don't always pan out. danny green is a great system player, but still a system player. he can't create his own shot. i'm not sure how you people don't understand this. the only way he'd stay great is if you put him on a team with a system that gets 3 point shooters open looks. not many teams can move the ball like we do though.

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2015, 08:56 AM
If Jodie freaking Meeks got 6m a year on his deal I expect Danny to get at least 8m to 10m. You can't teach someone effort, you can teach them the mechanics of playing defense but they have to want to do it and Danny does that. He is also an excellent 3 point shooter who is streaky. Most 3&D guys are streaky shooters. Danny isn't really a system player, he follows thr playbook and spots up where he's supposed to but he's a monster in transition when he pulls up for 3. Spurs hardly ever run screens for him to free him up or multiple screens to give him wide open looks. Imagine Danny on a team that actually willingly incorporates his abilities into their playbook for more than 1 or 2 plays? There are teams out there that will do that, teams in the west.

Can an you imagine the horror of a western team picking up Danny and then having him lock down Parker? Lol imagine those stats.

cjw
05-10-2015, 09:37 AM
It's not like disenchanted fans are hatching a plan based on some cliff-jumping blow it up strategy that has no basis in reality. There have been multiple rumors about the Spurs targeting Gasol and/or Aldridge this offseason. Pop, himself, said the roster was going to look very different and was in need of retooling. He told Manu they have a plan. Then you look at Danny, who is an unrestricted free agent. He has the highest value on the market of any Spurs player excluding Kawhi. Add it up and you'll see just how realistic the scenario is that Danny is not in their plans if they're truly pushing for another max guy.

I think the assumption is either Splitter or Diaw would get shipped out to create cap room and Danny retained. It would be impossible to keep everyone and bring in a max guy. Losing Danny would create the biggest hole unless some magic can be done in the draft.

benfti
05-10-2015, 09:41 AM
It's gonna be one of those off seasons, isn't it?

Johnny RIngo
05-10-2015, 11:48 AM
longtimespurfan has to be a troll tbh. if he's a real spurs fan then gaw damn:lol

One of dumbest posters on this site alongside tholdren, sasdynasty, and arc.

BackHome
05-10-2015, 12:59 PM

+1 Yeah I am OK with signing him but if he wants to get $$$ then let his ass go back to the Cavs.

AFBlue
05-10-2015, 01:32 PM
I think the assumption is either Splitter or Diaw would get shipped out to create cap room and Danny retained. It would be impossible to keep everyone and bring in a max guy. Losing Danny would create the biggest hole unless some magic can be done in the draft.

I'm okay if Splitter goes. He's probably more important than Danny, but his value is reduced by the lack of reliability to be on the court. Boris is a guy that I wouldn't want them to let go. Assuming Manu calls it quits this year or next, the Spurs will need a primary ball handler and facilitator for the second unit. Boris seems well suited for that role.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2015, 01:37 PM
I saw him going after the 2013 loss. he was partying with LBJ and co.

And I saw him going again when Pop was screaming at him and he tried to argue back and Pop was like "I dont want to hear it"

Hes one of the greatest 3 and D guys around and he was very good in the finals but if someone is leaving the spurs its him unfortunately.

I dont think we need to make changes. We are still the best team in the nba without injuries. The only player i want to trade is splitter because he is too injury prone.
Without injuries, seems Splitter is always injured though so when is he without injuries? Parker was just old and fat it looked like, playing this summer won't make him any fresher next season and he will be a year older. Without changes the Spurs are good but they are not the best team in the NBA IMO, age catching up with some and they are not as good as they were in that 014 run. A year with health and this same team? Not going to happen and even Pop said changes were going to be made to the roster this offseason. You can't just roll out the same team.

AFBlue
05-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Wait do you expect him to never go through shooting slumps? Even the Big Two have had subpar series in the past. Obviously Danny, who is a lesser player, will struggle at times too. But he's done enough in his time here to be considered a proven player, especially defensively.

Elite implies that he does whatever he does at a high level consistently. You're the one claiming he's elite. I'll say he flashes elite skills for stretches, but I would honestly prefer someone who is more consistently above average than someone who flashes elite then disappears. But that's just me.

pgardn
05-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Green has got some very extreme offensive liabilities. The key for his success is having him surrounded by good ball handlers. His D is too valuable. And he must make the defense run him off the line with his ability at 3 range. We just have to make sure his mates on the court can take up the ball handling duties.

TP, Manu, KL and Patty all have to better penetrators and primary handlers to pair with Green. Danny will be a fine asset with the right guys around him. Other teams have got to see this. Pop got put in some bad spots with Green because of Tony's decline and Manu's vast number of bad injuries catching up. If some team has money to burn and puts Danny with the wrong group he will fail while making money. His agent must see this and so should he. So make the choice.

Arc
05-10-2015, 01:55 PM
One of dumbest posters on this site alongside tholdren, sasdynasty, and arc.

:lol looks like i was right about you being a kid.

tholdren
05-10-2015, 02:30 PM
We should bring in someone that can score more and has awesome handles instead. Go back to being an elite offensive team with average defense like the '11 team. That worked out really well tbh.

dude - Danny green had no significantly better stats than anyone on the team this year. In fact, without looking I GUARANTEE tim led defensive statistics. EYEBALL test.

tholdren
05-10-2015, 02:36 PM

TWO WORDS - MATT BONNER

And that was the issue with Green this year. No shot, average at best defense. Dont care that he slumped in shooting. Care that he looked like he was pouting and uninterested the whole time he played defense. Cannot have that. We need an enforcer or intensity guy. This year it was Tim and Mills. No real momentum changers on either end (besides Tim/Patty) and that's why we lost. NO ENERGY = NO RING.

Danny Green is more interested in the club scene and dancing than he is being a bad-ass. And that's why he can walk. Doesnt have the intangibles to get him paid. Same idiots who give the Tiago Defense speech are the same douches giving the Danny = elite.

FkLA
05-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Elite implies that he does whatever he does at a high level consistently. You're the one claiming he's elite. I'll say he flashes elite skills for stretches, but I would honestly prefer someone who is more consistently above average than someone who flashes elite then disappears. But that's just me.

He's a 3&D guy. That's his role and that's what he's elite at. Obviously he's not an elite overall player but that is irrelevant...since if he was a complete player we wouldn't have enjoyed him the past couple years at $3-4 mill per year and he'd be way above our price range this off-season.

His D is there all the time. His shooting is there most of the time, that's as good as you can expect from a 3&D guy.

FkLA
05-10-2015, 03:03 PM
TWO WORDS - MATT BONNER

And that was the issue with Green this year. No shot, average at best defense. Dont care that he slumped in shooting. Care that he looked like he was pouting and uninterested the whole time he played defense. Cannot have that. We need an enforcer or intensity guy. This year it was Tim and Mills. No real momentum changers on either end (besides Tim/Patty) and that's why we lost. NO ENERGY = NO RING.

Danny Green is more interested in the club scene and dancing than he is being a bad-ass. And that's why he can walk. Doesnt have the intangibles to get him paid. Same idiots who give the Tiago Defense speech are the same douches giving the Danny = elite.

You're a retard of epic proportions tbh.

wildbill2u
05-10-2015, 03:07 PM

Easy to say, hard to prove without posting stats. Of course if you are including all the years he bounced around the league and the D league in general without any stat backup, maybe you have a good case. If improvement from 13 to last year to this, maybe not so much.

By the way, I posted a thread on COJO which shows his improvement every year in every stat which I think qualifies him as the most improved.

cjw
05-10-2015, 03:23 PM
I'm okay if Splitter goes. He's probably more important than Danny, but his value is reduced by the lack of reliability to be on the court. Boris is a guy that I wouldn't want them to let go. Assuming Manu calls it quits this year or next, the Spurs will need a primary ball handler and facilitator for the second unit. Boris seems well suited for that role.

100% on Diaw. You need his ball handling and I don't think he'll bring back as much in a trade as Tiago. Would suck to lose Tiago's D but there's a price for everything.

One thing I didn't realize is Reggie Williams' deal is non-guaranteed. Interesting trade chip depending on the guarantee date - Spurs may not have much use for it but another team could looking to make salaries match.