PDA

View Full Version : Spurs chances at LMA and bringing back the Big Four

ViceCity86
05-08-2015, 07:12 PM
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2015/5/8/8574309/heres-how-the-spurs-can-sign-lamarcus-aldridge-while-also-bringing

I've crunched the numbers, and I have good news and bad news.
The good news is yes, it is theoretically possible.
The bad news is that it is so unlikely and would take so many convoluted steps to make it happen, that it is EXTREMELY UNLIKELY. Like, less than one percent unlikely.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2015, 07:15 PM
I believe we'll keep the Big 3 and Danny Green no matter what. Why would we want to break up our Big 4?

therealtruth
05-08-2015, 08:05 PM
It seems like good players become scrubs when they get here (Finely, Jefferson). I'm not sure it's worth risking that again. Last time it lasted a couple of years to fix.

Bartleby
05-08-2015, 08:30 PM
It seems like veteran players well past their prime become scrubs when they get here (Finely, Jefferson). I'm not sure it's worth risking that again. Last time it lasted a couple of years to fix.

FIFY

Russ
05-08-2015, 08:45 PM
LMA reminds me just a bit of Richard Jefferson and Drew Gooden -- jump shooting big men who don't like to mix it up that much.

And, yes, I do know that LMA is a much, much better player than either of those two. So don't give me that.

But I do note that similarity and it does make me wonder just a bit . . .

cd021
05-08-2015, 09:37 PM
I think that could be apart of the Spurs pitch.

They'd obviously have to gauge Duncan and Manu's interest in returning. If they are willing, the Spurs could pitch to both them and L.A about forming a super team of sorts. Both Duncan and Ginobili would have to take big pay-cuts but would give them a legit shot of getting back to the Finals.

Especially considering the West probably isn't going to be as good as it was next season. OKC figures to be better but teams like Dallas, LAC and possibly Memphis taking steps back (Portland also if L.A leaves)

rasuo214
05-08-2015, 09:59 PM
I believe we'll keep the Big 3 and Danny Green no matter what. Why would we want to break up our Big 4?

Yea I'm sure they'll try to re-sign all 4 of TD, Manu, Kawhi and Danny. If they want to bring in LMA then they'll probably need to trade Splitter.

TheGreatYacht
05-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Yea I'm sure they'll try to re-sign all 4 of TD, Manu, TP and Danny. If they want to bring in LMA then they'll probably need to trade Splitter.
Agreed.

mkurts
05-09-2015, 06:48 AM
Let's keep Shitter, because dumbasses love to eat shit