PDA

View Full Version : What's our plan B?

SilverSpur
05-09-2015, 07:09 PM
If the Spurs don't get LMA or Gasol, who do you think we go after?
Omer Asik, Wesley Matthews, Robin Lopez, DeShaun Thomas?
Who do we draft? Do we still trade Splitter?
What do you think the front office has up their sleeve as a "Plan B"

Vito Corleone
05-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Worst thing is for them to over-spend on guys that don't deserve the money. I'd rather them sit on the cap space and go back in the following off season and try again.

Or better yet, I'll take the lean years if we can build through the draft. I trust RC and his ability to find talent, he and Jerry West are the best in the business when it comes to draft evaluation.

There is nothing wrong with building through the draft, We did it before with Duncan we can do it again with Kawahi.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Hopefully they don't try to make some other kind of big move if they strike out on LMA. This team was a Porker away from repeating, so I don't see the need for an overhaul. I'd like to see them keep most of the team together, go after KJ McDaniels, sign a decent center (Kosta Koufos?) to replace Baynes, and bring over Livio Jean-Charles.

Russ
05-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Worst thing is for them to over-spend on guys that don't deserve the money. I'd rather them sit on the cap space and go back in the following off season and try again.

Don't overreact. It's not the Spurs way.

apalisoc_9
05-09-2015, 07:31 PM
there's a legitimate chance Asik will be signed for a bargain price this off-season mainly because there's tons of Free Agent centers....

cd021
05-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Asik doesn't make a lot of since. Spurs had 3 centers last season (Duncan, Splitter and Baynes) the real need is PF which continues to be overlooked.

Spurs playing Duncan, Splitter and Diaw 90% of the big man minutes.

Brandon Bass would be a good fit, still a solid player and has been an well above average mid range shooter. That would allow for the Spurs to have Splitter and Duncan to split minutes at center (27/21).

Spurs could start Diaw (24mpg) and bring Bass off the bench with Splitter anchoring.

Another option would be Branden Wright. He was ridiculously efficient in Dallas. He would replace and be an upgrade over Baynes. Long and Athletic. Excellent in the P&R

Beaverfuzz
05-09-2015, 08:37 PM
If the Spurs don't get LMA or Gasol, who do you think we go after?
Omer Asik, Wesley Matthews, Robin Lopez, DeShaun Thomas?
Who do we draft? Do we still trade Splitter?
What do you think the front office has up their sleeve as a "Plan B"

Plan B is to feed Boris...one way or another. :bobo:

Sean Cagney
05-10-2015, 02:06 AM
Hopefully they don't try to make some other kind of big move if they strike out on LMA. This team was a Porker away from repeating, so I don't see the need for an overhaul. I'd like to see them keep most of the team together, go after KJ McDaniels, sign a decent center (Kosta Koufos?) to replace Baynes, and bring over Livio Jean-Charles.
Agreed on overhaul but out in rd 1 is not close to repeating :lol.

Robz4000
05-10-2015, 03:28 AM
They won't get Gasol, so you can cross him off. If they fail to get LMA, they won't be trading Splitter. At that point I'd be 100% ok bringing back the same team with a new slashing guard ala Barea/Lin and a KJ McDaniels/Aminu-type player to back up Kawhi.

intlspurshk
05-10-2015, 04:05 AM
LMA is just a dream. No one leave so much money on the table for joining another team just to stay close to his son. I would rather spend all the money to sign a player like D Carroll and let Danny go and explore trading TP for 1st round pick to get a good young PG. also sign a good PF backup like B wright

-21-
05-10-2015, 08:04 AM
LMA is just a dream. No one leave so much money on the table for joining another team just to stay close to his son. I would rather spend all the money to sign a player like D Carroll and let Danny go and explore trading TP for 1st round pick to get a good young PG. also sign a good PF backup like B wright

Trading TP is a dream.

cd98
05-10-2015, 08:47 AM
I'd take Matthews, if we could get him.

TheGoldStandard
05-10-2015, 09:07 AM
Plan B would be to change the offense again to get the ball to shooters instead of PG centric. Pray for no injuries and hope Duncan can remain in god mode for another year.

Spurs need a play play maker off the bench who can slash and get to the rim and crest fouls, shots etc. it'll open the floor for mills off the bench.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Plan B is making Tony Snell the future of this franchise, our future SF :toast

Johnny RIngo
05-10-2015, 09:25 AM
Hope Tony dies so we can be rid of that $45 mil burden.

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Hope Tony dies so we can be rid of that $45 mil burden.
Wishing death on people? New low for the Downy krew

Duncan2177
05-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Plan B-Alexey Shved, Wilson Chandler, Hassan Whiteside.

cjw
05-10-2015, 09:40 AM
What is this KJ McDaniel love? Did everyone turn off their TVs come December? He's terrible.

I'd love Matthews at the right price if he can be 80-90% of himself pre-injury. Spurs only need to target expensive bigs beyond the obvious max guys if Duncan is on his way out. Otherwise, focus on a scoring wing / hybrid PG who can run offense.

davi78239
05-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Plan B probably means we see the same damn team with some minor tweaks off the bench. First or second round exit my friends...

Johnny RIngo
05-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Plan B probably means we see the same damn team with some minor tweaks off the bench. First or second round exit my friends...

If we bring back the same team but add any above average player at point guard(Dragic?), I could see another Finals run.

But yeah, we're going nowhere with Porky playing point guard for us. $45 million for a Smush Parker level player is just brutal.

PingPong
05-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Make Jeff Ayres the franchise player.

Mr.Bottomtooth
05-10-2015, 12:12 PM
Agreed on overhaul but out in rd 1 is not close to repeating :lol.

True, but if a couple possessions in game 7 goes the Spurs' way, the narrative of the playoffs becomes vastly different than what it is now. It's unfortunate the Spurs had to face the Clippers in the first round, but it'll be important to remember that this is the roster that won last year's title. And that series may end up being the most competitive series of the entire playoffs.

Dverde
05-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Plan C has to be Amir Johnson. I believe the Spurs tried to sign him back when he was playing for the Pistons. Amir/Boris at 4 and Duncan/Splitter at 5. Re-sign Green if the number is reasonable.

palangi
05-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Does nobody want Roy Hibbert?

Malik Hairston
05-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Don't players with Wes Matthews' injury have a poor track record of recovering well IIRC? Pretty sure I read that it's rare for a player with that injury to return at anywhere near his previous level..

TD 21
05-10-2015, 06:46 PM
Plan B is probably running it back for another year. Depending on what they do with their 1st, I could see them targeting Teletovic and Jenkins, while signing Jean-Charles, to replace Bonner, Belinelli and Ayres.

outmap
05-10-2015, 07:52 PM
Plan B is to sign Kawhi and Green long term and bring everyone back for one year except Williams, Bonner and Ayres. Draft Upshaw in the 1st, stash the 2nd. Get either LJC or Bertans from Euro and sign Landry Fields or Alexey Shved for one year. Wait next year for a bigger cap space to sign a franchise player.

coachmac87
05-10-2015, 08:58 PM
How has LJC looked??? I can't find shit on him tbh

baseline bum
05-10-2015, 09:16 PM

If Dwight Howard can leave $30 million on the table to go to a city with even more strip clubs, Aldridge can to raise his kid.

Kool Bob Love
05-10-2015, 09:28 PM
Plan B is making Tony Snell the future of this franchise, our future SF :toast