PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Biggest disappointment of the season if they don't win?

apalisoc_9
05-10-2015, 04:27 PM
- Love Injury
- Best PG in the NBA injury
- Mike Conley playing 80%
- Spurs getting knocked out of first round. Splitter Injury
- Al horford finger injury affeccting his shot
- Paul Gasol Injury..

I mean, they deserve to get ridiculed if they don't win, IMO.

Malik Hairston
05-10-2015, 04:29 PM
It would be a historic choke job, based on their regular season, tbh..

What's funny is that out of the 3 Vegas favorites heading into the playoffs, the Spurs were out in the 1st round, Warriors are down 2-1 and the Cavs are on the verge of being down 3-1:lol

lefty
05-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Not really

Just an overrated cute regular season jump shooting team with "advanced metrics, better shooting and passing, sophisticated defensive schemes, lol old school NBA, etc"

apalisoc_9
05-10-2015, 04:31 PM
It would be a historic choke job, based on their regular season, tbh..

What's funny is that out of the 3 Vegas favorites heading into the playoffs, the Spurs were out in the 1st round, Warriors are down 2-1 and the Cavs are on the verge of being down 3-1:lol

Who you got between ATL-MEM-LA-HOU?

Malik Hairston
05-10-2015, 04:32 PM
Who you got between ATL-MEM-LA-HOU?

Still picking the Warriors to win, tbh, but Clippers are currently by far the best team remaining(based on how they have played) IMO..

Beating the Spurs probably gave them immense confidence, too, and Griffin looks like a top 3 player in the league..matchup nightmare for everybody with his jump shot + passing ability..

DMC
05-10-2015, 04:34 PM
Well I think people shouldn't shoot their loads this early. Things have a way of averaging out.

whitemamba
05-10-2015, 04:38 PM
Not really

Just an overrated cute regular season jump shooting team with "advanced metrics, better shooting and passing, sophisticated defensive schemes, lol old school NBA, etc"

Lefty

baseline bum
05-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Biggest since the 04 Lakers and their 4HOFer starting lineup getting curbstomped by Detroit.

RD2191
05-10-2015, 04:53 PM
yes

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 05:15 PM
Biggest since the 04 Lakers and their 4HOFer starting lineup getting curbstomped by Detroit.

Give me a break, Payton and Malone were applying for AARP cards by the time they went on that ring chasing run. They lost because, gasp and no surprise to anyone here, Kobe wouldn't pass the ball (especially to Shaq).

The Warriors need to at least make the Finals or else they will indeed be the most disappointing team in years. Once there, they're fine because upsets happen but they won't really be remembered if not.

ImDaNuts
05-10-2015, 05:17 PM

Not even close

Arcadian
05-10-2015, 05:19 PM
Yes, because they were statistically the best offensive and defensive team during the regular season, and their path to the Finals isn't particularly challenging.

Clipper Nation
05-10-2015, 05:27 PM
Realistically yes, but the media and casual fans will just make a bunch of excuses for their favorite team, just like they did with the Nash Suns all those years.

baseline bum
05-10-2015, 05:45 PM
Give me a break, Payton and Malone were applying for AARP cards by the time they went on that ring chasing run. They lost because, gasp and no surprise to anyone here, Kobe wouldn't pass the ball (especially to Shaq).

The Warriors need to at least make the Finals or else they will indeed be the most disappointing team in years. Once there, they're fine because upsets happen but they won't really be remembered if not.

Shaq, Payton, and Malone were destroying the league when cancer was injured, so I don't buy the AARP argument. It's revisionist history to act like that wasn't an enormous upset.

baseline bum
05-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Yes, because they were statistically the best offensive and defensive team during the regular season, and their path to the Finals isn't particularly challenging.

I don't think it would be too much a choke if they lost to the Clippers, considering how they finished the season. But losing to anyone else left in the playoffs would be a massive chokejob.

skut_farkus
05-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Grizzlies and clips are the best teams remaining by a landslide

Malik Hairston
05-10-2015, 06:34 PM
Losing to the Grizzlies would be pretty embarrassing, tbh, especially considering how long it took Kerr to realize that they should double the post:lol..

Spurs 4 The Win
05-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Grizzlies and clips are the best teams remaining by a landslide

Grizzlies suck dude. Spurs would beat them in 5. If they won the title that would be an absolute joke.

unleashbaynes
05-10-2015, 07:43 PM
champs tend to be near the top in both offense and defense, GS led both categories this year. huge choke, esp if they don't even make it past Memphis.

KaiRMD1
05-10-2015, 09:45 PM
Memphis has a thing against number 1 seeds lately.
2011 - Spurs
2013 - Thunder
2015 - Warriors?

ElNono
05-10-2015, 09:47 PM
dunno, but it's a huge reminder that playoff basketball is a completely different ballgame...

Venti Quattro
05-10-2015, 09:51 PM
It's a reminder that bigs rule playoff basketball per par.

ElNono
05-10-2015, 09:54 PM
It's a reminder that bigs rule playoff basketball per par.

Dunno about that. Look at Houston.

You still need good 3 point shooting... I mean, you could say Memphis is the outlier, but they've actually been hitting 3s at a good clip...

You need both. Good interior D and perimeter play.

Venti Quattro
05-10-2015, 09:56 PM
Dwight is a loser Nono. We all know that. Glad the Lakers dodged paying him and his baby mommas. The Z-Bo and Gasol combination still brings terror to opponents. I think GS is kind of shaking now. They can't stop either of the two unless Jörger decides to give them a breather.

100%duncan
05-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Worse than Mavs '07

ElNono
05-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Dwight is a loser Nono. We all know that. Glad the Lakers dodged paying him and his baby mommas. The Z-Bo and Gasol combination still brings terror to opponents. I think GS is kind of shaking now. They can't stop either of the two unless Jörger decides to give them a breather.

We know that, but he's still dominant. Really, the biggest disappointment for the Rockets is Harden. No 35 food stamps in the playoffs and they can't stack up...

Also, ZBo has been shooting awful... Conley and Marc are really the one-two punch for Memphis offensively...

Venti Quattro
05-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Love Memphis btw. My friends who use Cleveland and GS are crying over 2k because they can't beat me. Conley is money in the midrange. :lmao

ElNono
05-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Love Memphis btw. My friends who use Cleveland and GS are crying over 2k because they can't beat me. Conley is money in the midrange. :lmao

Memphis has flaws, but their pace is tailor-made for the playoffs...

Venti Quattro
05-10-2015, 10:06 PM
Also, ZBo has been shooting awful... Conley and Marc are really the one-two punch for Memphis offensively...

I think Z-bo is having a good series for Memphis. Last series he was awful with shooting but he still posed a huge threat, much like this series. The biggest key is FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE imo. He can't shoot for shit but he's done a hell of a job vs the Splash bros. In game 2 he was all over the place and this was also the same in game 3.

100%duncan
05-10-2015, 10:16 PM
Zbo won them game 3 while Marc laid an egg in the 2nd half tbh.

ElNono
05-10-2015, 10:17 PM
I think Z-bo is having a good series for Memphis. Last series he was awful with shooting but he still posed a huge threat, much like this series. The biggest key is FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE imo. He can't shoot for shit but he's done a hell of a job vs the Splash bros. In game 2 he was all over the place and this was also the same in game 3.

He's important because Memphis plays inside out, and he's a great rebounder. But offensively, I thought he was taking too many shots.

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Shaq, Payton, and Malone were destroying the league when cancer was injured, so I don't buy the AARP argument. It's revisionist history to act like that wasn't an enormous upset.

They weren't merely cashing paychecks but they weren't who they were throughout their careers, which is why they retired shortly thereafter.

DMC
05-10-2015, 11:02 PM
Grizzlies suck dude. Spurs would beat them in 5. If they won the title that would be an absolute joke.
Teams that control the pace often win the series. It's hard to beat the Grizz with up tempo offense since they just walk it back to you and play inside out. They are going to get a lot of stops and you're not because they take high percentage shots. The Spurs could play either way, effectively, so they didn't need to control the tempo. They would beat you at which ever tempo you wanted to play. These other teams cannot do that.

DMC
05-10-2015, 11:03 PM
They weren't merely cashing paychecks but they weren't who they were throughout their careers, which is why they retired shortly thereafter.
They should have won that series and they would have if Kobe wasn't trying to play heroball.

Caltex2
05-10-2015, 11:05 PM
Yep, they let a team with no superstars run them off the court.

DMC
05-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Yep, they let a team with no superstars run them off the court.
The same team we beat in a great series. If Kobe wasn't such a team cancer, Doc would have zero rings, not even be in LA right now, and no one would have a clue who the fuck Chauncey Billups is.

Venti Quattro
05-11-2015, 12:10 AM
The same team we beat in a great series. If Kobe wasn't such a team cancer, Doc would have zero rings, not even be in LA right now, and no one would have a clue who the fuck Chauncey Billups is.

Boston was just better in 2008. Kobe was the model teammate in 2008, they just got beat by an annoying but better Boston team.

:lmao Leon Powe and PJ Brown bullying the Lakers

DMC
05-11-2015, 12:19 AM
Boston was just better in 2008. Kobe was the model teammate in 2008, they just got beat by an annoying but better Boston team.

Still, Doc would be ringless if Kobe doesn't try to play hero ball. The Lakers let Doc get started, let Larry Brown off the hook for losing with Philly and gave him his only ring. There would be no Rondo in the league today if the Lakers don't fold to them. Now the Lakers will end up with what they produced and pay him a king's ransom for it.

Thread
05-11-2015, 09:43 AM

His inability to stop the hemorrhage when we led by 23 in Game 4 was the final defining moment.