PDA

View Full Version : Sucks that the spurs wasted TD offensive perfromance, but why is he not getting blame

apalisoc_9
05-10-2015, 05:07 PM
For his PnR defense performance?

Damn niggas hating on Danny and Kawhi..

What can a perimeter defender do when the bigs are slow footed on a PnR?

Danny and Kawhi was basically guarding two players everytime Paul run the PnR..It was brutal watching.

illusioNtEk
05-10-2015, 05:10 PM
here we go yet another useless thread

Mr Bones
05-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Please stop posting.

Mugen
05-10-2015, 05:16 PM
:lol starting a new thread about this because Harlem brought it up in another thread....sad tbh.

Silver&Black
05-10-2015, 05:16 PM
I like the way this thread is going already...

Mikeanaro
05-10-2015, 05:18 PM
Danny sucked as much as Porks, Tiago & Pop, TD is not getting blame because he is 73 years old and gave his all.

apalisoc_9
05-10-2015, 05:21 PM
TD was the best player in the series though.

Mr Bones
05-10-2015, 05:26 PM
I promise I will never post again on spurstalk if...

ChumpDumper
05-10-2015, 05:26 PM
As I predicted before game 2 that kawhi will have an All-time great performance in the series and it happened in game 3.

Kawhi, will have another magical game tonight.

according to my sources Kawhi and Pop talked yesterday about his future and legacy.

And like Last time, I will put my posting privilege on stake. If kawhi doesn't put up at least 38 fanduel points, I will never post in spurstalk again..

I am highly confident that Kawhi will have great game today.

Skoobz
05-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Zzzzzzzzzz

Silver&Black
05-10-2015, 06:17 PM
TD was the best player in the series though.

Maybe that's why he isn't getting the blame....

TheGreatYacht
05-10-2015, 07:25 PM
That 39yr old guy you say is a stat padder outplayed Matrix :lol he mad

Clipper Nation
05-10-2015, 07:30 PM
That 39yr old guy you say is a stat padder outplayed Matrix :lol he mad

Austin Rivers outplayed Rique :lol

SpurSwag
05-10-2015, 07:31 PM
Duncan deserves literally 0 blame for his performance, because realistically if you are expecting him to anchor an elite defense both in the interior and through pick n roll (which he pretty much had to do considering tiago, danny, and kawhi struggles) and be your best offensive player, you've already lost. Tim outplayed any expectations we as fans or the organization could have realistically had of him this series, and the team let him down honestly.

I feel like Danny realizes that more than anyone, and has spoken on it

cd98
05-10-2015, 07:42 PM
How can you complain about a 39 year old Pro with a storied career that gave his all? The players let him down. Surely this must be trolling.

ChumpDumper
05-10-2015, 07:59 PM
How can you complain about a 39 year old Pro with a storied career that gave his all? The players let him down. Surely this must be trolling.

Gameplanned trolling tbh.

daslicer
05-10-2015, 08:11 PM
He's nearly 40 years old and was our best player through out the whole entire series. If Duncan didn't bring it like he did in this series the Spurs probably lose in 5 games. Unlike Kawhi he didn't disappear in game 7.

MI21
05-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Please name all players in todays NBA who can defend the post, protect the rim and also effectively guard smalls on pick and rolls? Regardless of age.

Please.

SASdynasty!
05-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Please name all players in todays NBA who can defend the post, protect the rim and also effectively guard smalls on pick and rolls? Regardless of age.

Please.
Exactly, he can't do everything out there, especially at his age. Overall Parker, Ginobili, Green, and Splitter had a bad series. Kawhi, Diaw, and Belinelli had a decent series. And Duncan and Mills had a good series. (all respective to what we've come to expect from everyone).

Basically when you have 4 core players play really bad, you're going to lose a series (especially against a really talented team). The bottom line is that nobody played well enough to pick up the slack of those 4 guys.

TDfan2007
05-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Danny and Kawhi was basically guarding two players everytime Paul run the PnR..It was brutal watching.

:lol so you want 39 year old Timmy to be our best offensive player, lock down the paint, box out Jordan, AND shut down the pnr?

Did HH put you up to this...again?

If not, then gtfo

TDfan2007
05-10-2015, 09:45 PM

Please.

This

z0sa
05-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Shut the fuck up.

MI21
05-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Nothing surprising is being exposed here, every semi knowledgeable Spurs fan understands TD's deficiencies in PnR defense. It's just how it at this stage.

This is like complaining about Danny Green's series because he didn't make enough plays for others or complaining about Marco's series because he didn't block enough shots :lol

Budkin
05-10-2015, 10:12 PM
Blame anyone but TD. Fuck that shit.

SpursFan86
05-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Disrespectful thread :lol

Ice009
05-10-2015, 10:26 PM
WHAT THE FUCK!??????????

Tim Duncan at the same age as Danny and Kawhi had elite lateral quickness. He was a fucking superior defender.

What's their fucking excuse? Blame your own boy/s, don't go looking to pass the blame off. TD is 39 and he can't do what he used to be able to do, but there ain't any 39 year olds playing at TD's current level either.

What a fuckwit of a poster.

Sean Cagney
05-10-2015, 11:48 PM
Blame anyone but TD. Fuck that shit.

I agree, 39 years old out there in a game 7 busting his ass putting up big numbers while carrying the team along with Patty and Beli while the others no showed. He gets NO blame from me at all, infact 17 and 11 in a series against a big team at his age is incredible when you think of it. Kawhi went out like a sucker the last three games, Danny no showed most of the series and Parker sucked for the most part. You can add Pops rotations at times as well to the list of fuck ups along with Splitter hurt or just sucking. Tim is on the high end here, the rest just fell in line after that, he is not to blame.
He's nearly 40 years old and was our best player through out the whole entire series. If Duncan didn't bring it like he did in this series the Spurs probably lose in 5 games. Unlike Kawhi he didn't disappear in game 7.

Kawhi proved he is not ready for prime time yet late in that series and is not quite yet a Max player although he will get the Max. I love Kawhi but he is not what Tim was in his career early on when he lead them to a title, he is very good but not on that level yet. Tim was better than him at 39 in the series, by far the last three games.

wildchild
05-11-2015, 12:09 AM
I never wouldn't blame Tim for his defense.

His lateral speed is slower than in the past, his knees issue limited him, but he's still a better defender than Diaw and Baynes.

People can think that says more about how bad defenders are the rest of our bigs than about Tim's D, but he's 39 years old.

wildchild
05-11-2015, 12:15 AM
How bad Spurs' D will look next years if they let Danny walk and trade Tiago?

It’s difficult to imagine that Tim has more than one more season in his legs, and we saw how much the Spurs missed a healthy Splitter against Griffin in playoffs, Diaw can't defend guys like him.

Just image a series against Memphis with just Boris...and Aldridge -who is widely known as soft defender-.

How he Spurs could win against teams like Cavs, Thunder, Warriors, those teams with two perimeter threats?
You can put Kawhi on Lebron/Durant/Thompson but who will guard Kyrie/Westbroock/Curry?

It's depressing to hear/read we could lose two elite-D guys for offensive players...
The last time the Spurs looked desperately for an offensive player...RJ's contract happened.

spurraider21
05-11-2015, 12:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4eBbl53.png

Silver&Black
05-11-2015, 12:33 AM
^
:wow

Spur|n|Austin
05-11-2015, 01:01 AM
-5/10

this deserves pinking, troll or not.

sook
05-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Shut the fuck up.

:lmao

sook
05-11-2015, 01:22 AM

not a stretch doe tbh..

TDfan2007
05-11-2015, 01:42 AM
OP is taking the "no such thing as bad press" approach to posting

Kuestmaster
05-11-2015, 02:19 AM
You are still here? Please go on a permament vacation. And don't come back.

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2015, 06:12 AM
:lmao ....

Perry Mason
05-11-2015, 10:26 AM

This is too rich. You and your alts literally roast TP for the exact same thing. The system of SAS is to run the guards to the bigs. If you can fight over the screen, great, but don't foul to do it. Try to anticipate the screen. Kawhi did a fairly poor job on anticipating in the Clippers series. Danny was better. TP was inconsistent but did better than he got credit for.

TheGreatYacht
05-11-2015, 10:28 AM
This is too rich. You and your alts literally roast TP for the exact same thing. The system of SAS is to run the guards to the bigs. If you can fight over the screen, great, but don't foul to do it. Try to anticipate the screen. Kawhi did a fairly poor job on anticipating in the Clippers series. Danny was better. TP was inconsistent but did better than he got credit for.

http://youtu.be/hVufV7iKfRw

1:16 tbh