PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: LMAO David Blatt almost ChrisWebbered his team

lefty
05-10-2015, 10:44 PM
Isn't it supposed to be a technical foul if you call timeout when you don't have any left? How do none of the refs see that?

TampaDude
05-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Yeah, the Cavs dodged a huge bullet there!

05-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Isn't it supposed to be a technical foul if you call timeout when you don't have any left? How do none of the refs see that?

597527628678090752Isn't that a tech over in Euro league also? Rookie mistake, for a coach that's won a championship, albeit overseas.

DMC
05-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Asst coaches are supposed to remind him of these things. He cannot keep up with everything. New group, old issues. Avery Johnson type move.

Thread
05-11-2015, 10:34 AM
Asst coaches are supposed to remind him of these things.

Exactly. It's on them.

D M C

DMC
05-11-2015, 10:39 AM
Exactly. It's on them.

D M C

It's inevitably on him. He's responsible for hiring his assistants.

Fortunately one of them saved their jobs by pulling him back. He better be getting a few cases of single malt on his door step.

Thread
05-11-2015, 10:43 AM
It's inevitably on him. He's responsible for hiring his assistants.

Fortunately one of them saved their jobs by pulling him back. He better be getting a few cases of single malt on his door step.

It was gracious of the officiating to let it go as well.

DMC
05-11-2015, 10:58 AM
Yeah I caught that too. He should be fined regardless.

Thread
05-11-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah I caught that too. He should be fined regardless.

Yep, they're conditioned. As soon as the Bulls scored it would be natural to look at the Cavs bench for the signal.

baseline bum
05-11-2015, 11:01 AM

They did the same shit with Rasheed at the end of regulation in Game 5 of the 05 Finals. Thought Billups was going to rip his head off right there when Sheed signaled for the timeout.

DMC
05-11-2015, 11:09 AM
I disagree with off court antics allowing points to be put on the board. I think they should be fined for calling a timeout when they don't have any. It should not stop play, they should get him off the court which they did, but I don't think the coach should be able to stop the play when they have no timeouts. I could see coaches being put in booths years into the future so they cannot walk onto the court at all. They can make calls, but cannot interfere. and if they want a timeout they have to press a button. There's no taking it back.

And where's the Ipad coach's board with all the timeouts, fouls and all that shit displayed for his viewing pleasure instead of that whiteboard? What century are we in?

Spurs9
05-11-2015, 11:13 AM
How do the coaches keep track of the timeouts, are available timeouts displayed? Or do they have to keep mentally track of what they have left?

DMC
05-11-2015, 11:22 AM
How do the coaches keep track of the timeouts, are available timeouts displayed? Or do they have to keep mentally track of what they have left?
They are displayed, but how hard is it to keep track of timeouts? You're getting paid like a corporate CEO... make a fucking check mark. If you're a head coach, don't hire assistants that are afraid to update you.

Spurs9
05-11-2015, 12:36 PM
They are displayed, but how hard is it to keep track of timeouts? You're getting paid like a corporate CEO... make a fucking check mark. If you're a head coach, don't hire assistants that are afraid to update you.
I don't know how hard it is to keep track I'm not a coach. Why do back court violations or 3 second calls happen? Its not like it happens all of the time, it was a mistake and fortunately for him they didn't call it. I'm sure he's not going to make the same mistake again.

whitemamba
05-11-2015, 01:14 PM
retard

TDomination
05-11-2015, 02:37 PM
With lebron changing the last play, and you add in that he almost made an amateur mistake, this just makes Blatt look a lot worse. On top of which many were already calling for the mans job halfway through the year.

But they got the win so thats good for him

Thread
05-11-2015, 02:41 PM
With lebron changing the last play, and you add in that he almost made an amateur mistake, this just makes Blatt look a lot worse. On top of which many were already calling for the mans job halfway through the year.

But they got the win so thats good for him

Selective condemnation. Media literally begged Pop to win Game 82. When he didn't and the subsequent backfire took place this same Media has yet to indict this man.

I don't want to hear this shit on Blatt. & James has nary room. He got worked like a $3 whore last June. Fuck him.

DMC
05-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Blatt is where Spo was before they rang. Same shit, different city.

The Gemini Method
05-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Somewhere Chris Webber is weeping.

Killakobe81
05-11-2015, 05:00 PM
I disagree with off court antics allowing points to be put on the board. I think they should be fined for calling a timeout when they don't have any. It should not stop play, they should get him off the court which they did, but I don't think the coach should be able to stop the play when they have no timeouts. I could see coaches being put in booths years into the future so they cannot walk onto the court at all. They can make calls, but cannot interfere. and if they want a timeout they have to press a button. There's no taking it back.

And where's the Ipad coach's board with all the timeouts, fouls and all that shit displayed for his viewing pleasure instead of that whiteboard? What century are we in?

Great points. agree on all counts.