PDA

View Full Version : An interesting thing to think about

Wild Cobra
05-11-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't normally listen to Bill Whittle, but I came across this, and it should raise everyone's eyebrows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDNMglEA2oQ

boutons_deux
05-11-2015, 08:52 AM
too long, didn't watch.

is it worth a 25-word-synopsis?

Wild Cobra
05-11-2015, 08:55 AM
It goes into many things, I wouldn't be ably to summarize it well. Try to find the time someday.

boutons_deux
05-11-2015, 08:59 AM
It goes into many things, I wouldn't be ably to summarize it well. Try to find the time someday.

Try to select the points that you value most

Wild Cobra
05-11-2015, 09:00 AM

All.

It speaks of hypocrisy in bias, state control, indoctrination, etc.

cantthinkofanything
05-11-2015, 10:03 AM
All.

Seriously, can you bulletpoint it?

clambake
05-11-2015, 10:35 AM
indoctrination. so......bill talks about religion?

pgardn
05-11-2015, 06:47 PM

Well for one, you are a Nazi. Basically because you lean towards government as a problem solver for a society.

I got thru 7 minutes of it and this is one probably one of the worst attempts at fusing together unrelated ideas And issues I have ever seen.

boutons_deux
05-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Well for one, you are a Nazi. Basically because you lean towards government as a problem solver for a society.

I got thru 7 minutes of it and this is one probably one of the worst attempts at fusing together unrelated ideas And issues I have ever seen.

Nazi! Godwin!

If govt doesn't protect its citizens against capitalists' and BigCorp predations, who will?

There are huge problems where the "profit motive" won't work? then what?

Blake
05-12-2015, 10:05 AM
All.

Pick one

RandomGuy
05-12-2015, 12:22 PM
All.

Got about 4 minutes into it, and stopped. The hypocrisy started to make me throw up a little.

He basically whined about liberals criticizing people for "what they are" then goes off and does the exact same fucking thing for as long as I cared to listen.

Stawmen distortions of what some unnamed "liberals" want, ad hominems, etc.

If the first 6 minutes or so was filled with shitty logic and mindless diatribe, I'm not too inclined to waste more of my time on the last 6 minutes.

The dude is essentially a troll, going for cheap demagoguery.

RandomGuy
05-12-2015, 12:25 PM
Pick one

Don't hold your breath.

Libertarians tend not to be about the truth, any more than people like Cosmored are. They want cheap emotional shots, and things that make them feel good or right, or smart.

But hey, I could be wrong. Maybe Wild Cobra will step up and pick an issue or a claim the guy made and run with it, to see if his claims about the truth really are factual, or verifiable.

:lmao

Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face...

Wild Cobra
05-12-2015, 12:45 PM
Don't hold your breath.

Libertarians tend not to be about the truth, any more than people like Cosmored are. They want cheap emotional shots, and things that make them feel good or right, or smart.

But hey, I could be wrong. Maybe Wild Cobra will step up and pick an issue or a claim the guy made and run with it, to see if his claims about the truth really are factual, or verifiable.

Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face...

I don't know what to say. If you guys are blind to his point, the n you are filtering it out. One of his points is that the left preached diversity, then stops all diversity that they don't agree with. Today, the left is blaming the 1%'ers on their problems, causing the same strife that there was in the 30's and 40's Germany against the well achieving Jewish people.

You lefties are blind to these similarities.

Why is it almost forced to embrace homosexuality and other things some people see as deviant behavior, then be absolutely intolerant of Christians, and at the same time. expect everyone be accepting of the deviant behavior?

Don't you see the hypocrisy of the left?

Blake
05-12-2015, 12:57 PM
But you have no specific examples to point to regarding any of your points do you.

Not much here to think about

Blake
05-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Why is it almost forced to embrace homosexuality and other things some people see as deviant behavior, then be absolutely intolerant of Christians, and at the same time. expect everyone be accepting of the deviant behavior?

Lol dis is funny

boutons_deux
05-12-2015, 01:28 PM
"forced to embrace homosexuality and other things some people see as deviant behavior, then be absolutely intolerant of Christians, and at the same time. expect everyone be accepting of the deviant behavior"

who's forcing whom?

Christians are the main practitioners of hate, persecution, intolerance, and in the South, red states, racism, xenophobia, nativism

who's defining deviant and what does that apply to?

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2015, 01:42 PM

The majority doesn't get to decide where constitutional rights begin and end. We did away with that a long time ago. Recognizing that same-sex couples have a constitutionally protected right to marry doesn't require that every American embrace the homosexual lifestyle; ratification of the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment didn't require that all Americans embrace black people and treat them equally -- it just means (in both cases) that the government cannot deny a right to someone based just upon their race or their sexual orientation.

That the Christian majority doesn't get to decide for itself what Constitutional rights homosexuals get or don't get isn't intolerant of Christianity.

Spurminator
05-12-2015, 01:56 PM
One of his points is that the left preached diversity, then stops all diversity that they don't agree with. Today, the left is blaming the 1%'ers on their problems, causing the same strife that there was in the 30's and 40's Germany against the well achieving Jewish people.

If I ever had any temptation to watch the video, that temptation is now gone. Thank you for saving me the time.

RandomGuy
05-12-2015, 04:52 PM
I don't know what to say. If you guys are blind to his point, the n you are filtering it out. One of his points is that the left preached diversity, then stops all diversity that they don't agree with. Today, the left is blaming the 1%'ers on their problems, causing the same strife that there was in the 30's and 40's Germany against the well achieving Jewish people.

You lefties are blind to these similarities.

Define "stops all diversity"

Define "intolerant of christians"

I might agree with you to a point, but it is hard to know where that is, and what, if anything, should be done about such things, without having some fairly clear understanding of positions and assertions.

ErnestLynch
05-12-2015, 05:45 PM
Got about 4 minutes into it, and stopped. The hypocrisy started to make me throw up a little.

He basically whined about liberals criticizing people for "what they are" then goes off and does the exact same fucking thing for as long as I cared to listen.

Stawmen distortions of what some unnamed "liberals" want, ad hominems, etc.

If the first 6 minutes or so was filled with shitty logic and mindless diatribe, I'm not too inclined to waste more of my time on the last 6 minutes.

The dude is essentially a troll, going for cheap demagoguery.

That's refreshing. Don't see that very often. On either side. Think I'l re-watch George Carlins 'Why I Don't Vote' routine.